Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

If Jaessa looks like her then clearly my SW made the correct choice in making her go DS despite being LS himself, just for the (loving hilarious) romance option.

... nevermind the fact that my SW's name is Dyspareunia... :gonk:

Of course she's still second place to the real Mako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Medullah posted:

Of course she's still second place to the real Mako.

She's All That > Mean Girls

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I'm honestly surprised Kira and Mako aren't coming back since AFAIK they, along with Vette, are the most popular comps.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Have any of the romances carried forward yet?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sassassin posted:

Torian, Kaliyo, Aric

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Torian, Kaliyo, Aric

Vette.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

T7.

Space gets lonely

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How much romance content did they include for them?

And is Kaliyo really a romance? The game seemed to think my Agent was in a relationship with her when all they'd done was go for a drink (and she wouldn't even kiss at the end wtf?)

Temple demanding I break up with Kaliyo was funny too, as all I'd done with the former since she came aboard was verbally abuse her okay one funny [Flirt] option, which is one less than I used with Scorpio.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

sassassin posted:

How much romance content did they include for them?

And is Kaliyo really a romance? The game seemed to think my Agent was in a relationship with her when all they'd done was go for a drink (and she wouldn't even kiss at the end wtf?)

Temple demanding I break up with Kaliyo was funny too, as all I'd done with the former since she came aboard was verbally abuse her okay one funny [Flirt] option, which is one less than I used with Scorpio.

I don't know if it depends on the companion, but with some all it takes is one flirt and they're convinced you've hooked up. On my first Smuggler I flirted once with Corso and he kept giving my girl all the romance talk whereas with my replacement smuggler was mean to him constantly and he only bitched when she hooked up with everyone other than him.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

M_Sinistrari posted:

I don't know if it depends on the companion, but with some all it takes is one flirt and they're convinced you've hooked up. On my first Smuggler I flirted once with Corso and he kept giving my girl all the romance talk whereas with my replacement smuggler was mean to him constantly and he only bitched when she hooked up with everyone other than him.

Risha is my wifu IRL now I think PUT THE GUN DOWN DARLING

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

M_Sinistrari posted:

It's not that difficult to understand. Every romancable companion has extra romance dialogues. If, during them, you choose flirt options instead if turning them down, it turns on the romance. This happens with every one of them. This is why on my Jedi Knight Doc flirted once in his conversations, and after I firmly told him no (twice in one conversation) he never flirted again.

The same thing happens with all the base game companions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why would you say no to Doc? He's so lovable!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

It's not that difficult to understand. Every romancable companion has extra romance dialogues. If, during them, you choose flirt options instead if turning them down, it turns on the romance. This happens with every one of them. This is why on my Jedi Knight Doc flirted once in his conversations, and after I firmly told him no (twice in one conversation) he never flirted again.

The same thing happens with all the base game companions.

I'll probably have to replay some storylines because I could've sworn that I wasn't getting the romance dialogs on other characters like my Smuggler was with Corso off of just one flirt.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Farmboy is apparently locked on very first flirt, or the drunk convo. If I bother coming back at some point, he'll need to be dealt with...but pissing him off by flirting with anything else is hilarious in hindsight.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Too bad the male snuggle VA does such a better job than the female. Playing Sorc now and it seems to be the exact opposite, but then again my female SI was Dark so that might confound it... LS SI has a lot of dull lines.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

sassassin posted:

Lana

Also I always liked the female Consular voice. She seemed to nail the balance between "serene and focused" and "not wooden or robotic" pretty well. Plus Jo Wyatt is amazing in almost anything (Fem Agent)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fuzz posted:

Too bad the male snuggle VA does such a better job than the female. Playing Sorc now and it seems to be the exact opposite, but then again my female SI was Dark so that might confound it... LS SI has a lot of dull lines.

I'm not a fan of the script for Inquisitor so far. Every dialogue option seems to be a lame quip, not a lot of roleplaying potential (still on Korriban).

The biggest difference between top and bottom options has been the voice actresses delivery, it's like two different voices.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fuzz posted:

I find dark side works so well with SI, the voice suits my Rattataki assassin so well

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For those that missed the stream, the Wampa companion coming -

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/801563843684143104

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Summary of the livestream is over on Dulfy.

quote:

Black Friday Sale

Collection Unlocks are 50% OFF
Friday – 50% off armor sets (except the Nathema Zealot)
Saturday – 50% off all decorations
Sunday – 50% off Appearance customization and species
Monday – 50% off all mounts, vehicles, toys, and pets.

Edit: some upcoming items, too.

Pretty.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 25, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Aleth posted:

Looks like DvL is here to stay also, if I'm reading that right.

Edit: actually, it looks like its not quite the same as what's going on now. Just going off the bullet points it doesn't mention any of the level bullshit that the current event has.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I disagree, I quite like the female smuggler voice. But it might be because I'm playing her mostly dark side.

As far as Inquisitor, I don't know. I don't care for storyline or the companions, but I really enjoy the Inquisitor itself as a character and the voice acting.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Coffeehitler posted:

Looks like DvL is here to stay also, if I'm reading that right.

Edit: actually, it looks like its not quite the same as what's going on now. Just going off the bullet points it doesn't mention any of the level bullshit that the current event has.

Yeah the Dark vs. Light with 5.0 is completely different from the event. It is an ongoing process that spawns extra bosses and such.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Aleth posted:

Edit: some upcoming items, too.

Pretty.

Thanks, I am really happy with how that saber set came out. It has a much wider and differently animated unstable effect. Also the dual version rocks my socks.

Also,

You are welcome so hard.

nonentity fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 26, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh man is it finally happening? After years of joking? Awesome!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
What am I going to have to do for Rudolph the Red Nosed Tauntaun? Because that is so my jam.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Oh man is it finally happening? After years of joking? Awesome!

Yes. Enjoy.
One of these days, It will be a fun story to tell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Yes. Enjoy.
One of these days, It will be a fun story to tell.

I love you, you big beautiful bastard.

grobo
Feb 6, 2001
Anyone have any luck getting SWTOR to work with the Steam overlay in Windows 10? I have tried googling an answer to this and am coming up short.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

grobo posted:

Anyone have any luck getting SWTOR to work with the Steam overlay in Windows 10? I have tried googling an answer to this and am coming up short.

SWTOR doesn't usually play well with overlays. I think the secret is running Steam as admin AFTER you've launched SWTOR. That's how i used to have to get Mumble to work.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

nonentity posted:

Also,

You are welcome so hard.

Looks like I'll be skipping a few lunches to make sure I have enough cc to pick this up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Please don't deny yourself food so you can buy a novelty mount in an mmo.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Please don't deny yourself food so you can buy a novelty mount in an mmo.

Considering how much I ate yesterday, the last thing I want to think about is food.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i just started a female smuggler a couple days ago and i recognized the voice but didnt know where from then looked it up and its the VA who did the voice of Professor Farnsworth's back mole clone who he kept in a test tube for too long in futurama

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

Looks like I'll be skipping a few lunches to make sure I have enough cc to pick this up.

Might be obtainable via gifts and whatnot.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Aleth posted:

Might be obtainable via gifts and whatnot.

Another "throw X number of snowballs" achievement?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So is early access still one for tomorrow?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

So is early access still one for tomorrow?

11/29.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah Bioware would have to be insane to drop a major patch the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

27th is the cutoff to qualify for early access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Ah, that must be where I had seen 27th before. Thanks.

• Locked thread