Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Having the trainers in the battle is a nice lil touch. I love how the team skull guy squats behind his pokemon

There's one skull guy in the field somewhere who doesn't fight you and he's squatting and when you talk to him he's like "I'm just squatting to work on my calf tone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Epic it worked. 4IV max and the other 2 are the second highest tier. I love numbers

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I just hatched my first Litten egg, and it's shiny!!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Chill Penguin posted:

I just hatched my first Litten egg, and it's shiny!!!

drat, nice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fuepi posted:

Trying to catch a feebas, thinking about killing myself.

ig ot one on my first cast nd then accidentally killed it -_-

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

There's one skull guy in the field somewhere who doesn't fight you and he's squatting and when you talk to him he's like "I'm just squatting to work on my calf tone"

Lol team skull is the best "team rocket" ever

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the only fish I ever catch are magicarp and wimp fish assuming the ripple doest vanish when I cast and I car cu nothimg

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just beat Blue with 9 hp left on golisopod. phew. Time for the battle tree.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

drat...the one stat I wanted to be great isn't. Still going to use this somehow...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What analyzes the stats like that

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Day 2 of pichu chaining.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

When you get to the battle tree there's an npc that adds that capability to your PC box after you've hatched a certain amount of eggs. Like 20 I think.

Also I just remembered bottle caps so I should be all good. if I decide to level this oricorio up to 100 that is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

It unlocks once you beat the E4 and breed 20 eggs. It shows the IVs of all your Pokemon.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

drat...the one stat I wanted to be great isn't. Still going to use this somehow...

This is awesome

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If only Volcarona was available in Sun/Moon...I could have a pretty great dance team. Lilligant might be a decent replacement though.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

If only Volcarona was available in Sun/Moon...I could have a pretty great dance team. Lilligant might be a decent replacement though.

The fairy bee Pokémon also learns Quiver Dance

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

The fairy bee Pokémon also learns Quiver Dance

Very nice...the team is coming together.

If Dancer still works when I have a Choice Scarf or Choice Specs on Oricorio this is going to be a very dangerous team.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

And I wonder if I'll be locked into Petal Dance if I use it via Dancer. This is a crazy ability.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't decide what to fill my team out with.

Currently I have Owl Dude, Pikachu (to be Alola Raichu), Snorlax, cute fairy bee monster - think I'm set on these four

other two slots are Lycanroc, who I quite like but I already have at least two fast fragile sweepers so I'll probably replace, and Haunter because I genuinely haven't found anyone to slot in there lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Grimer and Muk are so good for the story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

Grimer and Muk are so good for the story

i like that whoever is in your first slot is who the story characters assume is your best friend pokemon

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't decide what to fill my team out with.

Currently I have Owl Dude, Pikachu (to be Alola Raichu), Snorlax, cute fairy bee monster - think I'm set on these four

other two slots are Lycanroc, who I quite like but I already have at least two fast fragile sweepers so I'll probably replace, and Haunter because I genuinely haven't found anyone to slot in there lol

You need something good against fairies

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Prime directive: Kill the fuckerlord Clefable

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i took a break to play some other games but ive also been thinking about what team i want anyway so its like im still playing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

I gunked that motherfucker

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I gunked that motherfucker

I was flash cannoning him but he kept defensing up!!!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

elf help book posted:

i like that whoever is in your first slot is who the story characters assume is your best friend pokemon

You and metapod are gonna kick rear end :sadpeanut:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

It unlocks once you beat the E4 and breed 20 eggs. It shows the IVs of all your Pokemon.

there's a tip at one point that tells you to hit Y in the pokemon summary screen to 'see where their stat points are distributed', but i honestly have no idea what information that's giving me.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

You need 48bp to get the destiny knot, wtf

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ristolaz posted:

Lol. It kept uselessly metronomeing, cosmic powering, and moonblasting my Salazzle for negligible effect while I set up nasty plots for sludge wave

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

You need 48bp to get the destiny knot, wtf

Just get a pick up team of meowths and run around in front of your house.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

What level do they have to be?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

What level do they have to be?

I'm not sure but I've seen someone get one at level 22, about to try it for myself

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the battletree got a serious downsize from ORAS, esp. in terms of rewards. i guess im kind of done with this game, caught all the legendaries, and my team is getting so beefy they can just brute force the elite 4.

this is the most fun ive had with pokemon in a rly long time, ill still boot it up to fight and trade w/ people but i think im satisfied with the amount ive done. :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also theres no uber elite 4, p weird when it's been in every game since gen 3 i think?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

What's this do?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

there's a tip at one point that tells you to hit Y in the pokemon summary screen to 'see where their stat points are distributed', but i honestly have no idea what information that's giving me.

That's their EVs. Stats glow gold if you maxed it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

fozzy fosbourne posted:

What's this do?

The pickup ability gets you items while you're just running around. If a pokemon with pickup has no hold item they'll pick one up randomly. In past games the items you get depended on the pokemon with pickup's level but which items you get at each level aren't documented for this game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Thanks. Head swimming with Pokémon lore right now.

• Locked thread