Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Schizotek posted:

The alt-right is actually pretty much in love with that kind of racism. Pseudo-scientific articles about "biological differences between the races" are crazy popular.

Please support this assertion because I haven't observed this at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

T.S. Smelliot posted:

They mostly did lie about trump and his supporters though? I mean the shrill screaming media narrative this entire time was screaming nonstop "ONLY RAPIST CIS SCUM SEXIST BIGOT TRANSHATING LGBTQSRSTUVWXYZ SCUM WHITE EOPLE MALES WORLD POSSIBLY VOTE TRUMP MI ABUELA WILL 99.999% WIN" then all of a sudden Oh lol.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Vaishino posted:

Don't feed the troll.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

happyhippy posted:

Ah, remember when they were trying to classify pizza sauce and ketchup as a vegetable.
MAH FOOD NEEDS TO BE 60% TRANS FATS OR ITS COMMUNISM!

I'm a teacher. Anyone who says that school lunches haven't improved hasn't seen a school lunch in the last few years.

They aren't always great, but compared to the 80s? Besides the Reagan-vegetables and ketchup-and-cheese-food-product "pizza," kids in Alaska had it even worse. Whenever my kids complain about the lunch (usually it not being the exact thing they wanted, not it actually being bad) I tell them about salmon loaf. Salmon loaf was a tray full of salmon slurry. It was just pureed salmon, with bits of bone in it. It wasn't cooked into any sort of a loaf; it was basically just fish-head gruel. I tell them about that, and they usually stop complaining.

Sure, some stuff in school lunches looks a little weird. That's because they only use whole wheat anything; so the pasta, bread, and tortillas are always brown. Maybe that looks unappealing to people who grew up entirely on white bread, I guess.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Oh there are differences for sure, but they aren't very pronounced aside from medicines working slightly different and slight variations in physiology, as expected when evolution continues apace in different parts of the world. The problem with the articles you mentioned is that people of various races and sexes might have differences, those are oftentimes not going to bar those people from working by and large the same way anyone else does. Culture, diet and surroundings are in all likelyhood the culprits for bigger differences in groups (aside from issues like inbreeding in various locales).

Even those differences don't really map to our concept of race. Sickle cell anemia is probably the most obvious example I can think of where prevalence of it gets treated as some sort of scientific confirmation of race. Except when you actually look into it, it isn't equally present throughout all of Africa nor is it wholly restrained to Africa. Also it ~*mysteriously*~ crops up where ever malaria is a real issue. There are different populations, but there are more of them and they are less influential than the modern notion of race permits.

And really, you'd think a bunch of insufferable shitheads would be all for embracing that and running with an unduly complicated system of grading inconsequential bullshit but I guess that's too much effort even for them.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Geography causes genetic differences, not "race" (read: skin color)
Skin color being the sole determinist of race is a dumb relic left over from when black people were automatically subhuman
See also: Indigenous Australians that are black but not at all African.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

VideoTapir posted:

I'm a teacher. Anyone who says that school lunches haven't improved hasn't seen a school lunch in the last few years.

They aren't always great, but compared to the 80s? Besides the Reagan-vegetables and ketchup-and-cheese-food-product "pizza," kids in Alaska had it even worse. Whenever my kids complain about the lunch (usually it not being the exact thing they wanted, not it actually being bad) I tell them about salmon loaf. Salmon loaf was a tray full of salmon slurry. It was just pureed salmon, with bits of bone in it. It wasn't cooked into any sort of a loaf; it was basically just fish-head gruel. I tell them about that, and they usually stop complaining.

Sure, some stuff in school lunches looks a little weird. That's because they only use whole wheat anything; so the pasta, bread, and tortillas are always brown. Maybe that looks unappealing to people who grew up entirely on white bread, I guess.

I remember the significant increase in the quality of my schools food from elementary to high school.

It wasn't exactly great in my last days but when I was in elementary it was all chipped beef, instant potatoes, flying saucers, government cheese, etc

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nonsense, school lunches have to be worse because if they weren't then why would I be blaming Obama for them being worse? Pft, dumbass.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Augus posted:

Geography causes genetic differences, not "race" (read: skin color)
Skin color being the sole determinist of race is a dumb relic left over from when black people were automatically subhuman
See also: Indigenous Australians that are black but not at all African.

If you want to get purely technical literally everybody is African.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Constitution or lack thereof section

Washington

It's funny because

no the framers decided that
Have fun at HUD Benny.

dat 14th amendment

Protests and crying

protests and criminal scumbags

oh Randy, I have no doubt you could go through every kind of protest and say how it's either violent or disrespectful, and then we'd end up right back here again.
(Hint: there is no "right" way to protest because they don't want you to protest)

murdering protestors ohohoho

and thus by a continual shifting of rhetorical focus muderous violent paid protest mobs are just widdle babbies

pretty sure it did not include being co-opted as racist propaganda memes either but here we are

Obedience brings victory
Victory is life

surprised this ghoul managed a sentence this long without 9.11 in it

:supaburn: Tyranny!!!!! :supaburn:

Emolument clause baby

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8: No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state

Gary here is a rising star. He wins Stupidest Idea of the Week
"stop educating criminals" omg

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Defenestration posted:

Gary here is a rising star. He wins Stupidest Idea of the Week
"stop educating criminals" omg

Not sure if you guys keep up with Arizona news, but there was some good news from this election cycle.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

*cracks knuckles* alright. Want us to do it old-school huh? Can do, friend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman%27s_neckties

Can.

Do.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

How does minimum wage help you if you don't have a job?

If social welfare is good, then you won't necessarily be relying as heavily upon a job just to live. So if jobs paid like $3.00/hr or something, people would be be in a bad situation because the only alternative is also living in dire poverty (due to poor social welfare).

To put it another way, if social welfare is poor (or non-existent), then having a job is the only realistic choice. And if that's the case, then you better hope that the job pays enough to live on.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
I like this one because I read it in Obama's voice.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ytlaya posted:

If social welfare is good, then you won't necessarily be relying as heavily upon a job just to live. So if jobs paid like $3.00/hr or something, people would be be in a bad situation because the only alternative is also living in dire poverty (due to poor social welfare).

To put it another way, if social welfare is poor (or non-existent), then having a job is the only realistic choice. And if that's the case, then you better hope that the job pays enough to live on.

This is true, but does not address my question in context. The thing I replied too explicitly said that being without a job meant dire poverty, and that in such a situation minimum wage was essential.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

This is true, but does not address my question in context. The thing I replied too explicitly said that being without a job meant dire poverty, and that in such a situation minimum wage was essential.

Oh, then I must have just written that poorly. What I meant was more that having a job is more of a necessity in the absence of adequate social welfare, and under those circumstances you better hope that those jobs at least pay a living wage.

Also, without good social welfare labor supply would probably be higher (due to living without a job being less viable), which might drive wages down if you didn't have a minimum wage (this is probably a more valid point than what I said before).

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Culture wars

Deplorable

pretend I also posted this under the constitution one

erase your identity eh?

baby want a safe space where people only say merry christmas

:misandry ice cream gif:

different takeaway than most of these methinks

I bet he plays are the inauguration

wank wank

oo so close now

if I posted every "vets before illegals" macro you would all be bored out your mind

Hey I know there are prob some libtards in here that served!

well that's sad

I like this better with vikings

Get well soon Ye

grandma shooting with her eyes closed what could go wrong

better defend that police car with deadly force y'al
see you after the big game against State

this was a strong contender for stupidest idea of the week but "stop educating criminals [feed them hot dogs and bologna] was worse, and more sincere"

Shut down your computer is the best advice EPORW has ever given

California liberalism

Did you know...he's not white!!!

such a liberal parking job

Man they cannot wait for civil war. republicans controlling everything, they'll still want civil war

too stupid to understand tax brackets

unfortunate typo there David but we get what you meant

touche

did they photoshop that thing into a gray alien?

WHOOOOOOOORES

no confederate flag memes this week to juxtapose here. Sad.

Be a rich white girl instead of a rich white girl

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Defenestration posted:

God forbid that all those people impose their will on all that empty land.

Defenestration posted:

too stupid to understand tax brackets
Agreed comrade, profit is theft.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Defenestration posted:

baby want a safe space where people only say merry christmas
Blue whales want a loving word mate.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Defenestration posted:

It kind of amuses me. Pretend that the Blue section was Red instead, and you just know it'd be "Abloo-bloo-bloo, why is it their votes count for more than ours? We're the majority."

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

So when people are saying Obama caused all this racial divide, what they're saying is that he (or the times we live in) have caused them to actually notice it for the first time because it's never happened to them before. For some people who don't like to admit that the world isn't a fair place, they choose to believe it's a new phenomenon and not that they've been blind and ignorant most of their lives.

I've noticed that conservatives generally fit into two categories: those that believe the world is fair and those that believe the world isn't fair (and that's how it should be).

evilmiera posted:

Oh there are differences for sure, but they aren't very pronounced aside from medicines working slightly different and slight variations in physiology, as expected when evolution continues apace in different parts of the world. The problem with the articles you mentioned is that people of various races and sexes might have differences, those are oftentimes not going to bar those people from working by and large the same way anyone else does. Culture, diet and surroundings are in all likelyhood the culprits for bigger differences in groups (aside from issues like inbreeding in various locales).

I saw someone post this article a week ago about "the real war on science" http://www.city-journal.org/html/real-war-science-14782.html covers so many things in such a disconnected way that I didn't know where to start. I mean there's valid complaints to be made about GMO-phobia but then it goes to "these close minded people on the left won't entertain the possibility of racial differences!"

quote:

The Blank Slate dogma has perpetuated a liberal version of creationism: the belief that there has been no evolution in modern humans since they left their ancestral homeland in Africa some 50,000 years ago. Except for a few genetic changes in skin color and other superficial qualities, humans everywhere are supposedly alike because there hasn’t been enough time for significant differences to evolve in their brains and innate behavior.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Europeans no longer die from sickness, oversea travel, scurvy, eating rats and pyrrhic would-be genocides. AGM

Also looks shopped

Ivanka Trump posted:

I have never seen a mulatto cock, but I would love to someday!

I hate how easily they fall for the most transparent political branding. Sure she's not as bad as Patrick Batemans, but she still has a lot of willfully ignorant ideas and hateful opinions. Not to mention Kardashians actually support a lot good causes with their money.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

no but you see the kardashians are vapid pampered rich girls who are only famous for their looks and their family, while Ivanka is married to donald trump

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Augus posted:

no but you see the kardashians are vapid pampered rich girls who are only famous for their looks and their family, while Ivanka is married to donald trump
She's Trump's daughter, though he has expressed a latent desire to gently caress her.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Defenestration posted:

Be a rich white girl instead of a rich white girl

If you're going to be a second-generation celebrity who made it big through family connections...

...You'd better not be an "ethnic" brunette with olive skin! Wait, that didn't come out right.

...Play a major role in a racist presidential campaign! Uh, let me rephrase.

...Don't marry a black guy! Hold on, I misspoke.

Wtf, it's not like Ivanka is some kind of high-society saint. I guess she doesn't have any history as a sex symbol? Just :lol: at how having lighter features and not being as horrible as her dad counts as admirable.

Edit: while I try to avoid celebrity news, some Kardashian stuff is going to be absorbed over the course of a decade. there's no evil stuff that passed me by, right? KK is a sometimes-ditzy wildly successful celebrity brand manager married to a top-tier musical artist, not a secret Holocaust denier or anything, right?

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 27, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Augus posted:

she's not married to Trump she's his mistress. also his daughter.

sweart gliwere posted:

Edit: while I try to avoid celebrity news, some Kardashian stuff is going to be absorbed over the course of a decade. there's no evil stuff that passed me by, right? KK is a sometimes-ditzy wildly successful celebrity brand manager married to a top-tier musical artist, not a secret Holocaust denier or anything, right?

Not as far as I know. Goons have a distate for them because they do a lot of :ughh: high-class socialite poo poo, like releasing theit own brand of emojis, and obviously there are some celebrity affair scandals or whatever, but nothing serious.

Kim Kardashian is however a strong advocate for the recognition of the Armenian genocide, which seems to piss everyone off for one reason or another. Which actually makes me respect her quite a bit.
Mind you she still describes herself as fiscally conservative and socially liberal so

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

SSNeoman posted:

Kim Kardashian is however a strong advocate for the recognition of the Armenian genocide, which seems to piss everyone off for one reason or another. Which actually makes me respect her quite a bit.

It was a hot topic some decade ago because recognizing it offended Turkey which was considered highly inappropriate during the war on terror.

I seem to recall people even called it an attempt to sabotage relations with Turkey so that coalition forces would not have access to vital Turkish air bases.

It's a good thing that Germany wasn't as insecure as Turkey or we would be due for some pretty awkward denying for the sake of good relations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

VideoTapir posted:

She's Trump's daughter, though he has expressed a latent desire to gently caress her.

I keep on getting her and Melania's names confused for some reason. Maybe it's because of said latent desire.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Defenestration posted:

I bet he plays are the inauguration

No, you want FULL Diplomat and some loving intelligence.
All the rest are just assholes and one of the rear end in a top hat variants wears a cowboy hat.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Let's not pretend the Kardashians are completely unproblematic. There's a lot of cultural appropriation going on there, and they're like capitalism given human form.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Defenestration posted:

California liberalism

...Moonbeam-o-topia?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Dexie posted:

...Moonbeam-o-topia?

Moonbeam or Moonbat are common terms for some of the weirder left-wing fringe, and I think the term was coined for California's former and current governor Jerry Brown.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Isn't that the case federally?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Subjunctive posted:

Isn't that the case federally?
but we need to make sure no states decide to impose their right to disagree, by imposing federally mandated minimums

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Mandatory death sentence, because let's spend several million dollars more per case by removing any incentive the accused would have to accept a plea deal of lightened charges!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Agreed, so should unlawful murder by a police officer.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

zegermans posted:

Agreed, so should unlawful murder by a police officer.

I think you'll find that the image only cares about killing, not whether it was justified or murderous in nature.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So if a police officer dies in an accident somebody has to be killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So if a police officer dies in an accident somebody has to be killed?

The blue god demands blood :commissar:

DarkHorse fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 28, 2016