Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amazon has this Avengers Legends 4-pack for more than half off right now, somebody buy it and sell me just the Hakweye

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Mov...JHJNH04NN3HZ5VC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Entertainment Earth's got the Nendroid Kirby for $38 with free regular shipping and CDJapan has some fairly nice deals going including Figuarts Phase 2 Clonetroopers and Geonosian Battledroids for $20 per.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Amazon has this Avengers Legends 4-pack for more than half off right now, somebody buy it and sell me just the Hakweye

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Mov...JHJNH04NN3HZ5VC

Pretty sure I still have this Hawkeye. I'll send it your way cheap. PM me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My local Target had a Black Friday display set up with a bunch of harder to find Black Series figs like Jango, Ahsoka, Phasma, etc. Might be worth a look if you're still hunting for those.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I keep wanting to buy that Jango, but then I remember the character is super lame.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

I keep wanting to buy that Jango, but then I remember the character is super lame.

The figure however is badass and looks rad near Boba.

So I had somebody buy me the new 7" Bale Batman and of course as soon as I put barely any pressure on his left elbow it breaks clean off. gently caress off NECA and your poo poo joints. Thankfully I can return him to TRU and get a new one but just a heads up to be careful and heat the joints with a hairdryer if they're super stiff.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My Target owns.

https://twitter.com/preternia_/status/801590133095022592

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone have a side by side pic of, say, MAFEX and SH Figuarts Star Wars figures next to the Black ones? I have only a MAFEX Vader and the Figuarts RotJ Luke, dont care so much about "collectability" moreso than good articulation and a unified look.

I currently only collect SH Figuarts DBZ figures, but I have a few Legends Spider-Man figures and those two SW, on the fence over which of the two lines to branch out further into... I will undoubtedly get the Symbiote Spidey in the Sandman Wave because that specific look is what got me started collecting again, but I haven't decided if I want to grab the Green Goblin from the new line as well, although it looks drat amazing. Star Wars is a dangerous, dangerous rabbit hole that I could never climb out of once I start with it, which is why I'm a bit apprehensive about starting to collect Black figures... at least sticking to the Japanese imports, there's a limited selection of actually quality 6" scale figures. (Tempted by the upcoming Han Solo but would rather have his classic ESB look with the blue jacket, though I doubt that will ever be a thing)

Basically I need to balance my wallet vs falling down either rabbit hole vs my girlfriend killing me as our tiny apt already has about 20 figures in various action poses spread all over the drat place... she's officially starting to get worried that we can't invite people over because I have, "too many toys," though ultimately she's fine with me collecting them and actually gets the underlying appeal (she really digs the Pizza Spidey I have sitting out in a :krad: pose with some custom webbing I made the other day)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Black Series is merely ok. The robots or masked figures can generally look ok side by side. But anything with a human face sucks rear end.

Articulation is way better on SH stuff (prob MAFEX too but I don't own any). I'm on my phone now but look up comparisons of the Stormtrooper figures - it'll showcase some differences.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 25, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Went to Target last night for something unrelated and saw a single Ahsoka sitting on the shelf. Wasn't even on sale, but it's my best Black Friday snag. :swoon:

gregday
May 23, 2003

Pretty good week. I haven't done much on the armoire in awhile, but I finally (after > 1 year) got an accurate undersuit. Also today I received a mannequin to work on. I never had legs with my first suit, so this is kind of fun seeing it all come together. In these shots, I don't have the leg armor staged on the undersuit legs, and nothing is glued down yet, but it gives a good idea how it's going to eventually look. It's also creepy as hell being in the same room with it.

The mannequin will make mounting all the armor much easier, and I'll probably keep it around to occasionally swap the suit out from the armoire to this. Just looks too cool not to have it all put together sometimes.

American_Monkey
Jun 22, 2003

So for all of you Neca Predator collectors, I'm looking to get a good catch-all version as I currently don't have one. I've been eyeing the upcoming Ultimate City Hunter one as it's got the masked and unmasked heads along with some neat accessories. Would this one be worth it? Is the quality good on the Predator series? I've got a couple of their Godzilla figures and one of their Alien ones and I like them quite a bit, so I feel like I don't have much to worry about there. I guess I'm just looking for a general idea or recommendations before I drop my money on any of these. Thanks for any help.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes, always go for the ultimate versions as they are a good catch all. I'm going to pick them up despite owning the original versions of the figures. Mostly because my original Jungle Hunter has floppy legs and messed up wristblades, and my City Hunter has the same floppy leg problem and is kinda painted poorly.

Overall the Predator scenes is decent to pretty good. It started off a little rough, but has gotten better since the AvP series. Even if you're not a fan of the film, I recommend picking up one of them. They're real nice. Great articulation, great shelf presence.

I just picked up the Celtic Vs Grid 2 pack, despite owning both and it's pretty good. They give you just enough to justify buying it, which is nice. The Grid looks a little on the dopy side, so despite having the neat cut off tail and the clear dome, I don't know if it will be my main one.

American_Monkey
Jun 22, 2003

Sweet, I'll probably put down a pre-order for the City Hunter. I did get slightly interested in the AVP ones after trying to find a cheap version of the Grid Alien. I've always loved the look of that version of the Xenomorph even though I wasn't crazy about the movie, but it seems like he's sold out at most retailers or out of print or something. I might have to check around for that two pack. Thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The two pack is a good bet. It's a bit pricey, but you're getting a sweet (and the best) predator with it too. Plus Grid is 100% accurate unlike the original release.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe
As far as the Predators go, the QC is definitely the best it has ever been since they started making them. There were some breakages in the earlier series and the paint apps (especially on the netting) were always hit or miss, but with the AvP series starting at series 14 they have been mostly very good.

The Ultimate versions are the best way to go for both Jungle and City Hunter. Aside from getting the extra heads and accessories, the sculpts and articulation have been updated as well compared to the previous releases. Things like ab crunches, opening wrist computers and other additional features are all-new to them. Depending on what other figures you want, it can be pricey for the past figures, but they slowly seem to be coming out with updated versions of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they do updated lost clan Predators or super Predator figures eventually, so it may not be necessary to pay a lot for some past figures, or resort to a bootleg. I know next year they will be re-issuing at least one Dutch figure.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even with the updated sculpts, the new City and Jungle Hunter figures (and other figures that use those bodies) have a few less joints than the AvP bodies (just in the legs I think) and are noticeably shorter. The AvP designs are my least favorite, but because the sheer bulk and size of the figures combined with their accessory count and good QC, you should at least get one of them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Even Batman skips leg day. (this is pretty cool)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gregday posted:

Pretty good week. I haven't done much on the armoire in awhile, but I finally (after > 1 year) got an accurate undersuit. Also today I received a mannequin to work on. I never had legs with my first suit, so this is kind of fun seeing it all come together. In these shots, I don't have the leg armor staged on the undersuit legs, and nothing is glued down yet, but it gives a good idea how it's going to eventually look. It's also creepy as hell being in the same room with it.

The mannequin will make mounting all the armor much easier, and I'll probably keep it around to occasionally swap the suit out from the armoire to this. Just looks too cool not to have it all put together sometimes.

I now wish this is how Batman stored his costume in the movies.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I think I'll venture to TRU today with the kids, anybody need the NECA 7" Bale Batman still? I'd guess most TRUs have plenty for people but figured I'd offer.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Louisgod posted:

I think I'll venture to TRU today with the kids, anybody need the NECA 7" Bale Batman still? I'd guess most TRUs have plenty for people but figured I'd offer.

I do, if you find an extra.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw them, and every one of them looked completely hosed out of their mind. Eyes blood shot and wide looking in every direction. Horrific.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I'd take one.

CelticPredator posted:

I saw them, and every one of them looked completely hosed out of their mind. Eyes blood shot and wide looking in every direction. Horrific.

Assuming they don't look like this...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Well they only had one left so purple death ray it's your lucky day. Sorry Fuzz, wasn't expecting Black Friday to clear them out like that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Nice. Sorry fuzz. Youve got my email and stuff already right Louis?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

drat, ah well no big deal. I'm gonna swing by one tomorrow when I'm finally home from my trip, hopefully they have one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

purple death ray posted:

Nice. Sorry fuzz. Youve got my email and stuff already right Louis?

Probably but it's been a while. You can email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com and we'll work it out!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

two different batmens

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Holy allergic reaction, Batman!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CelticPredator posted:

two different batmens

I can't tell if they are trying to peer into my soul or holding their breath because somebody let off a really smelly fart...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TaurusOxford posted:

I can't tell if they are trying to peer into my soul or holding their breath because somebody let off a really smelly fart...

I think a lighting guy just walked into his eyeline

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Also, is that the packaging messing with it or is Batman's skin really that wrinkly looking?

American toy companies really need to take some notes from S.H. Figuarts on how to do faces that won't cause nightmares.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Mine doesn't look nearly as bad as that but he doesn't get the best shots when they're done from below:

He does look high as poo poo most of the time though

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He'll fit in great in my apartment then.

Paypal sent, btw.

gregday
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

two different batmens

Holy loving poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe when they Googled Christian Bale for reference, they used American Psycho photos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They were all like that but those were the silliest

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

All I can see when looking at this is the same illustrative style that was used in the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I'm kinda on the hunt for a cool Dr. Doom figure and the coolest one I've been able to find so far has been this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3A-Marvel-D...z4AAOSwFqJWtFSa

Any other ones you guys would recommend? I dig the green cape, generally.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Those 3A Dr Dooms are loose jointed garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those Batmans are terrible. Lol at buying that poo poo.