Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Kaine was great because he was theoretically supposed to appeal to Latinos (on a personal level) for two reasons
A) He spoke Spanish
B) He was a missionary in Honduras.

Latinos don't actually care if you speak Spanish, it's not a rare language in the US. Like, I love bullshitting in Spanish, especially when people don't expect me to speak it, but I've never met anyone in or out of my family that's been impressed with someone speaking Spanish outside of a very basic patronizing level.

As for the missionary thing... :shrug:. I don't think anyone outside of Mormons care about missionaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
7 ways your Abuela can lose the election in 3 emojis

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Studio posted:

Kaine was great because he was theoretically supposed to appeal to Latinos (on a personal level) for two reasons
A) He spoke Spanish

Latinos don't actually care if you speak Spanish, it's not a rare language in the US. Like, I love bullshitting in Spanish, especially when people don't expect me to speak it, but I've never met anyone in or out of my family that's been impressed with someone speaking Spanish outside of a very basic patronizing level.

As for the missionary thing... :shrug:. I don't think anyone outside of Mormons care about missionaries.

an actual Hispanic would be too patronizing , let's get uncle touchy who speaks Spanish instead

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dems with 70 seats - Let's legalize weed
GOP - No
Dems - sorry guys we can't reach a compromise, no weed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pomp posted:

GOP - No

I'm not seeing any difference here during the Obama yea- oh.

OH~

:ocelot:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ah, so it'll be Hillary/Trump 2020

it's going to be tough explaining how the year 2016 stretched into four, but that's for the historians to tear their hair out over

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pon de Bundy posted:

you like Tim kaine and have an anime avatar so ...thanks weeaboo

That's not a anime avatar

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not a anime avatar

i think for about 2 seconds before i hit mash post

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Pomp posted:

GOP - No

Why didn't I realize back when the democrats had the legislative and executive branches locked down and NOTHING loving HAPPENED that the democratic party was hosed? Why didn't I try and get involved then to un-gently caress it? How was I so blind and thought that everything was under control?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

blamegame posted:

hey so reboots are big, right. like how about "the new deal" . just do it like the movies and act like its a new thing and this time its for minorities too!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Pomp posted:

Dems with 70 seats - Let's get rid of right to work laws
GOP - No
Dems - sorry guys we can't reach a compromise, now wheres that walmart lobbyist

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pon de Bundy posted:

i think for about 2 seconds before i hit mash post

I also don't like Tim Kaine if I'm saying you're both just as lame

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know you anime person or why you're upset that tim kaine blew an entire election

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i know you will not believe me but when kaine was announced i was certain he would not be VP
like, magically certain.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I believe you ...sewer man

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Baloogan posted:

i know you will not believe me but when kaine was announced i was certain he would not be VP
like, magically certain.

i can believe this

like maybe you knew deep in your heart it couldn't be possible, but when the poll numbers were clear to all of us you were probably thinking other ways it could go, like tim kaine dies of a heart attack right before inauguration, or it turns out he has some horrible skeletons in his closet and has to resign the ticket in disgrace. your baloogansense was what knew trump would win. it was incontrovertible.

baloogans can sense a disaster coming, like everything else in the sewer, they can feel the vibrations and/or some poo poo

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Nov 26, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i could absolutely imagine clinton giving a state of the union speech, but I can't picture kaine sitting behind her smirking

i totally could imagine pence back there smirking it up

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

I knew nothing about Tim Kaine when he was announced as VP, and if I had seen this, this would be enough to know about him.

Kaine was really the perfect match for Hillary (and the Democrats in general), wasn't he? Not like, perfect in than he's the best who could help her win, but perfect in personality matching. "Fight for the little guy" and simultaneously "rest on your laurels."

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
Bernie and Trump supporters put out dank memes, Hillary supporters and the Democratic Party put out rank memes.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

i could absolutely imagine clinton giving a state of the union speech, but I can't picture kaine sitting behind her smirking

i totally could imagine pence back there smirking it up

this implies that Pence is capable of more than one facial expression

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think pence winces when Trump talks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

this implies that Pence is capable of more than one facial expression

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

race bannon, a man that looks like pence.

retroactively horrifying.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

anime was right posted:

race bannon, a man that looks like pence.

retroactively horrifying.

his name is race bannon? hahahahaha

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Studio posted:

A) He spoke Spanish

Socially liberal, fiscally centrist and pro business. Represents a state with the richest counties in the US that got rich screwing the rest of the country but are blue.... for social reasons. Perfect Democrat representing the economic and social class the party cares about.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
has anyone said "the dumbocrats" yet

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

has anyone said "the dumbocrats" yet
only republitards

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
shitlibs

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is Jill Stein president yet?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Aurubin posted:

Is Jill Stein president yet?

no and you wouldn't want her to be.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Edit: my kid was poo poo posting in c-spam. I've never been more ashamed :(

Hot Dog Day #82 has issued a correction as of 02:38 on Nov 27, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/shelbyfero/status/802635496895619072

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Tiff zaCVxgvfyggd

Someone's dead man's switch just went off.

As accurate as that is...gently caress boomers.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It'd be cool if we don't let Donald trump entice Cubans to come back to the republican side and the democrats get back at least the younger gen Cubans.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I wasn't aware the (older) Cubans ever left the Republican side

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should move this thread to gbs. Its only fair.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DoctorGonzo posted:

They should move this thread to gbs. Its only fair.

Suck a Canadian dick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bump_fn posted:

Suck a Canadian dick

in a horrifying twist, canadian prostitutes now only take the amero

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bump_fn posted:

Suck a Canadian dick

I heard the Prime Minister likes that? I dont know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*unzips jeans*

• Locked thread