Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Fabio Minoggio AKA John Killman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Fabio Minoggio AKA John Killman.

the perfect disguise

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

these stupid loving rednecks will never suspect that I, Fabrizio DeMedici, was only posing as their compatriot Steve Shootemintheballs . . .

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
They mistook you for Steve Shootmeintheballs and shot you in the balls.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Lamebot posted:

truly I am the master of disguise

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
My outrage over this seems so quaint now, here in the land of Trump.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

D1Sergo posted:

lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lamebot posted:

enjoying the avatar/post combo on this one.

D1Sergo posted:

Watch the denouement being Malheur privatized and sold off to some Chinese-based plastics company or whatever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Some justice still in this world...
https://twitter.com/terebifunhouse/status/802205414934781953

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Say goodbye to politics: As if to put an exclamation point on a night in which so many fringe types with no agendas and only nastiness lost, two women who scarred the Nevada political landscape are departing. Even though two national publications saw fit to profile her in the waning days, Assemblywoman Michele Fiore’s short, sad political career ended as she ran third in a southern congressional primary. She will never win another office in Nevada; a reality show seems a better bet. Or perhaps, a medical program showing how cancer is a fungus or a program teaching 5-year-olds to fire rifles.

http://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/15/jon-ralston-reports-small-turnout-creates-big-ripples-nevada-primaries/85910936/

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

This makes me happy. A tiny glimmer of light in an otherwise bleak year of bad politics.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

An additional bright spot is that this looks to be all Nevada elected officials, where the voters who declined to reelect them is hopefully indicative of the jury pool for the upcoming Nevada stage of the Bundy trials.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
i'll take any victory we can get in these dark times

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

President Trump's first official pardons.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

president trump awards medal of honor to bundy heroes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The Bundy Bunch

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Bundy's aside, I do think it's important for people to internalize that this:

is just this in disguise:

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

ok w/e but the fedgov and stategov does a lot of good w/western land that would just not get done if it were private

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

blamegame posted:

ok w/e but the fedgov and stategov does a lot of good w/western land that would just not get done if it were private

the land was there--undisturbed for millions of years and doing just fine--without people with dumb khaki hats and weaponized flashlights telling you where you can and where you cannot smoke weed

even if it's legal in the state you are in

can't inhale the smoke from this plant-based matter while surrounded by trees in the middle of nowhere because it's "federal property"

the land shouldn't be "private" either, it should just be land, man

public service announcement: this is not a convincing argument to the khaki fascists and will not prevent them from writing you up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

If people would stop shooting at other people over morels, their methlab/grow-op, and their illegal mining/dredging/salvage operation your argument would be significantly more palatable. Somebody has to manage the land, and the people who try to do it in the absence of government have a long storied history of loving up.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

the land was there--undisturbed for millions of years and doing just fine--without people with dumb khaki hats and weaponized flashlights telling you where you can and where you cannot smoke weed

Oh wow huge slam on the Imperial Guard out of nowhere

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
[quote="Trumps Baby Hands" post="466809744"
public service announcement: this is not a convincing argument to the khaki fascists and will not prevent them from writing you up
[/quote]

The alternative to being manaved by the fed, state, or a recognized private actor is anarchy, and we know exactly how that ends and it doesnt end well.

I mean, do you even remember what kicked off both these events? In one case the land was being overgrazed by these assholes, and in the second they actually burned it down WHILE PEOPLE WERE IN IT.

You are arguing that the destruction and settling of the land is acceptable so long as you get to smoke pot, which seems... shortsighted at best

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

You are arguing that the destruction and settling of the land is acceptable so long as you get to smoke pot, which seems... shortsighted at best

Welcome to America. Where more people care about what they can legally smoke than who is in charge of the country.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

No it's not, the top picture is a non-law enforcement badge.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You have to take your meds every day Fry.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

that makes me happy. :unsmith: But it really doesnt surprise me. The town and surrounding probably overall hates the bundys and co even if they initially agreed with them. now they just saw them gently caress up national park and walk free because of their dumb gently caress neighbors. the jackoffs in political office who jerked off to them were the only targets left.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/802222082796843008

Realllly starting to loving hate OPB's coverage of this. Note the complete lack of attribution. The "legal experts" they cited last time were one of the defense counsel.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Everything started going downhill in the West once the humans came in and extinguished the megafauna

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Discendo Vox posted:

Realllly starting to loving hate OPB's coverage of this. Note the complete lack of attribution. The "legal experts" they cited last time were one of the defense counsel.

The defense counsel who emerged victorious let us not forget. Sounds expert enough.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Welcome to America. Where more people care about what they can legally smoke than who is in charge of the country.

when trump won i saw so many "but what will this mean for weed" posts

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

Everything started going downhill once the humans came in

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Discendo Vox posted:

Most of the time, the media treats prosecutors as unbiased experts, so it seems turn about is fair play.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

can't inhale the smoke from this plant-based matter while surrounded by trees in the middle of nowhere because it's "federal property"

who will consider the plight of we, the weed smokers, the truly oppressed

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

This post does a lot to validate my career choice in Park Service law enforcement.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Relevant Tangent posted:

The defense counsel who emerged victorious let us not forget. Sounds expert enough.

nm posted:

Most of the time, the media treats prosecutors as unbiased experts, so it seems turn about is fair play.

Uh, no. That's not how it works.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...tml#incart_2box

Lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

quote:

"It's just so humiliating," said Houston, 60. "And then it's scary because you think, 'Why are they treating me like this?'"
:qq:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This makes me happy and I'd be kinda shocked if every single person involved isn't on watchlists because they and a lot of the militia movement should be.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the terrorist watch list is now good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Discendo Vox posted:

Uh, no. That's not how it works.

I'm mostly being a smart rear end, but the media does that all the time with prosecutors, it is interesting to see it from another perspective.
That said, nothing about that article is shocking. After the first loss, they'd certainly be reexamining whether they want to try the others. That doesn't mean they won't, but a reality check is exactly what you want to do here. This process will lead to at minimum a change in strategy to a dismissal. It would be completely unshocking for them to dismiss against a few weaker defendants, as the weaker cases may hurt their stronger cases because they can de-legitimatize the state's position.