Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yup trench fighter is amazing. Took me a few passes but the darts were an easy kill on the
Bomber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Just went 37-0 in the anti-air truck. Shot down ten planes and just drove around at high speed road killing motherfuckers. Could not stop laughing, they'd see me coming and take off running and still get squished.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
DLC ideas:

a rail for pointing a lewis gun UPWARDS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foster_mounting

... to attack an enemy aircraft from behind and below, a favourite tactic of the ace Albert Ball.

+

the new S.E.5 no. A4850, fresh from its packing crate, was extensively modified for Ball: in particular he had the synchronised Vickers machine gun removed, to be replaced with a second Lewis gun fitted to fire downwards through the floor of the cockpit.

nose gunners with BALLS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Royal_Aircraft_Factory_FE2d_gunner.jpg

... a second Lewis gun was added in front of the pilot's cockpit, on a high telescopic mounting so that the pilot could fire forward, over his observer's head. In practice, this gun was appropriated by the observers, especially when they discovered that by climbing onto the rim of their cockpits they could fire backwards over the top wing ...

"When you stood up to shoot, all of you from the knees up was exposed to the elements. There was no belt to hold you. Only your grip on the gun and the sides of the nacelle stood between you and eternity."

:black101:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People are loving crazy lmao

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yay, got my first medal :woop: Order of Hippocrates. Rifle grenades can go suck a dick though!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I find it's easy to get rifle grenade kills on Argonne. Just pop 'em down those narrow choke points and you're bound to get kills

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

I did very, very briefly try Hardcore, which I thought I'd love. I'm going to need to read up on what the deal is though, felt very disconcerting. Did they make the damage ridiculous? I died to a single shot from across the map from a gun that I felt shouldn't have killed me, and then went back to vanilla Conquest for the day. The lack of spotting also threw me off. I'm all about MY IMMERSION so I'm hoping Hardcore will sit right with me, but turns out vanilla has the balance and TTK just right so if they messed with that the I may just roll with the basic settings.
I somehow ended up with a list of hardcore servers in my browser - in other BF's it was a game mode but now just seems to be a filter on damage at 200%. There's loads of hardcore servers, but they're all empty except about 2 with ~30 players each - I dunno if it's because people just don't like it, or people who want to play it don't know how to find servers or know it's even available, but I'm kinda regretting buying the game now, cos I find non-hardcore a bit of a slog. Kinda miss Capture the Flag too.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

2 more blunt melee kills to go... wish teammates would stop stealing my clubbin' kills.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Jumping on now to kill mans

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

toiletbrush posted:

I somehow ended up with a list of hardcore servers in my browser - in other BF's it was a game mode but now just seems to be a filter on damage at 200%. There's loads of hardcore servers, but they're all empty except about 2 with ~30 players each - I dunno if it's because people just don't like it, or people who want to play it don't know how to find servers or know it's even available, but I'm kinda regretting buying the game now, cos I find non-hardcore a bit of a slog. Kinda miss Capture the Flag too.

where are you/platform?

i only have trouble finding fog of war games late at night. I play hardcore pretty much all the time now and it is :3:

afaik BF1 HC has more than just a damage filter:

-reduced hud
-200% bullet damage
-no minimap
-no spotting
-friendly fire on
-no killcam
-no health regen
-no vehicle 3rd P View

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
The AA truck is for women and children

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Any PS4 bros want to play tonight? PSN: BurleighHead

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/Ss7CpWr.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/6q5GJ9a.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/S32SyPi.gifv

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Only in Battlefield

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

DELETED posted:

Only in Battlefield

It's rainin' Menschen!:haw:

edit: anyone have a game load in like this?
https://i.imgur.com/Ooq6KIl.gifv

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 27, 2016

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

DELETED posted:

The AA truck is for women and children

Nice! I guess I am a girly manchild because I have so much fun in the AA truck. Mostly on Sinai where there's plenty of dunes to hide and repair.

garanzia
Jun 8, 2004
Cliched as it may be, I can't think of a title. OH SHI

Bill NYSE posted:

edit: anyone have a game load in like this?

A few times, it usually happens if I get a notification saying I have a friend in a game do you want to join, or if I'm messing with a battlepack and the game is ready, then I accidentally press no and then try to join the friend in the game a different way.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
My new favorite activity is rocket gun sniping. It's really not hard at all

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/23921692

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It just about recalls the glory days of rocket sniping: King Carl from BFBC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAjI8SP_u8

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

*spawn into that desert map from the beta*
*immediately dump mortars on the rock bridge*
*chorus of sniper whining*
*quit, victorious*

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I finished all 5 weekly medals for the first time with about an hour to go just now. Never thought I'd actually do that.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://gfycat.com/EvergreenFriendlyBelugawhale
Sorry, these medals aren't for sale. :dice:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Sinai is the worst map in the game by a long stretch.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
At least Sinai has vehicles. Why people host 24/7 Argonne servers is beyond me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

At least Sinai has vehicles. Why people host 24/7 Argonne servers is beyond me.

The worst part about Sinai is it comes after Argonne in the rotation.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I have a particular hatred for Amiens.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know how the "squad order followed" bonuses work? They seem quite bugged to say the least.
http://xboxclips.com/tjiev/0d5e810f-10ce-4b72-9f2d-f924683a2025

I know how to re-create this, I also know how to re-create the high score. But I think the bug is when it gives you the points, not that you get them to begin with.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm in the "all the maps are good" camp myself, with the caveat that you really need to find your groove for each one. The right/wrong choice of class, which bits of the map you naturally prefer to fight over, what vehicles you use. I've not found any map to be an "oh god, not this one" experience since they changed Suez, but (usually when chasing a medal objective) I have found some really bad class/location/weapon combos that sucked.

For example, initially I loved Monte Grappa, but then kind of turned against it. Then I discovered how much I adore dogfighting on that map, and I love my tryhard attempts at being skylord, so I spend as much of the game in the air as possible. On FAO Fortress for me it is all about getting up in the castle and firing field guns 24/7 at B and C, with some flying thrown in. On Sinai, if I'm not in the air, I just like to roam between the radio tower and the station, or run tanks between the A flag and the canyon.

For me, it helps to get intimate with one part of the map, find a happy place where I know the ground and can kill some fools. Then I can experiment and explore in other parts of the map, and if (when) it goes wrong I can return to home ground to salvage my ego and k/d for a bit.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm in the "all the maps are good" camp myself, with the caveat that you really need to find your groove for each one. The right/wrong choice of class, which bits of the map you naturally prefer to fight over, what vehicles you use. I've not found any map to be an "oh god, not this one" experience since they changed Suez, but (usually when chasing a medal objective) I have found some really bad class/location/weapon combos that sucked.

For example, initially I loved Monte Grappa, but then kind of turned against it. Then I discovered how much I adore dogfighting on that map, and I love my tryhard attempts at being skylord, so I spend as much of the game in the air as possible. On FAO Fortress for me it is all about getting up in the castle and firing field guns 24/7 at B and C, with some flying thrown in. On Sinai, if I'm not in the air, I just like to roam between the radio tower and the station, or run tanks between the A flag and the canyon.

For me, it helps to get intimate with one part of the map, find a happy place where I know the ground and can kill some fools. Then I can experiment and explore in other parts of the map, and if (when) it goes wrong I can return to home ground to salvage my ego and k/d for a bit.

Agreed. I find Sinai really fun, but it really sucks if you're getting hammered on it. Personally I like trying to take and hold G and D, and riding a bike around roadkilling dune wookies.
Argonne is my least favourite map, because it's just choke point meat grinder on all points, and there's no vehicles, and my favourite thing to do on all maps is try to destroy everyone's vehicles. But even on Argonne I find scout with spot flares at least makes you feel like you're doing something useful. I'm not a huge fan of playing medic, but it's the perfect class and really fun on Suez.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am on the same boat, like all maps. DICE learned to do something simple but important and is creating flank routes to everything. If your team suck theres something you can do, and is flank a meatgrinding to backcap something. Then we have a mix of pure infantry and maps with infantry+vehicles, with the vehicle intense maps having dense urban areas where smart infantry would be king (too bad this don't exist).
Infantry combat is very fun this time, so even if you don't get a vehicle, you can have fun doing infantry stuff. Then theres vehicles that are not spawn option, so are mostly ignored and ready for anyone to take and abuse (the armored car). On top of all you have horses and they create interesting effects on the meta of the game.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I like all the maps so far. Having played Operations a lot now though I will say they all seemed to have been designed with that mode heavily in mind. Lots of long straight paths with maybe a few areas tacked on the sides.

Operations owns so that's cool but it be nice to see a few more well rounded maps. I agree with finding parts of a map you like but there's a big chunk of almost every map that's kind of boring and empty.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This will be an unpopular opinion, and I know it makes me weird, but I'm really happy they have that one lonely flag out in the far desert on Sinai. It makes for some interesting decisions. If you don't hold it, you need to balance the time needed to drive/fly over there and cap it (potentially very easily) against helping take or hold closer flags.

Most of all though, I just love it for that feeling of peace and serenity you get in a game where 63 other assholes are running around exploding everything. You get the occasional sound of a plane flying close, or a muffled explosion, but other than that just the wind across the sand and the creaking of the AA gun as you scan the horizon for targets.

Had some really unique and intense little moments there, when the quiet is disturbed by the sound of an engine and an armoured car rolls up. Outnumbered, but with the element of surprise, had some good little gunfights there. Then getting swarmed by three aircraft trying to strafe and bomb me out of cover in the middle of an (until then) successful defence.

I know, unpopular opinion, but it's a place easily ignored and if you do visit there is some lowkey good times to be had.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
You also get an airplane spawn if you hold it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

This will be an unpopular opinion, and I know it makes me weird, but I'm really happy they have that one lonely flag out in the far desert on Sinai. It makes for some interesting decisions. If you don't hold it, you need to balance the time needed to drive/fly over there and cap it (potentially very easily) against helping take or hold closer flags.

Most of all though, I just love it for that feeling of peace and serenity you get in a game where 63 other assholes are running around exploding everything. You get the occasional sound of a plane flying close, or a muffled explosion, but other than that just the wind across the sand and the creaking of the AA gun as you scan the horizon for targets.

Had some really unique and intense little moments there, when the quiet is disturbed by the sound of an engine and an armoured car rolls up. Outnumbered, but with the element of surprise, had some good little gunfights there. Then getting swarmed by three aircraft trying to strafe and bomb me out of cover in the middle of an (until then) successful defence.

I know, unpopular opinion, but it's a place easily ignored and if you do visit there is some lowkey good times to be had.

Yeah. If you let the other team just have that flag, it's a huge deal. You can't just let them have it because it's a pain to get out there. But sometimes you can get it quick and often enough that the other team just lets you have it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You can cap the lonely point on Sinai from a plane.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but someone still has to go do it. People being too lazy to go do it is how one side gets a bunch of free points.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It's a cool point even though it's a hell of a walk on foot. Chill out on a roof top, catch some sun. Then blast a dude in the face w the sawed off shotgun in the anti tank kit found there when he tries to cap it

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FastestGunAlive posted:

It's a cool point even though it's a hell of a walk on foot. Chill out on a roof top, catch some sun. Then blast a dude in the face w the sawed off shotgun in the anti tank kit found there when he tries to cap it

I ran there on foot once. I felt so stupid. Never doing that again.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
I go out there whenever I find myself upon a horse. Which is often. Even though I'll get stuck on every tiny bit of rock on my way out there only to get run over by a tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PabloBOOM posted:

I go out there whenever I find myself upon a horse. Which is often. Even though I'll get stuck on every tiny bit of rock on my way out there only to get run over by a tank.

I like riding the motorcycle over the dunes like a crazy person.