Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadgerKingX
Feb 20, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

I feel a bit bad for taking all these trades instead of the original insane catcher, but I'd be interested in the Mudbray if you still want one.

Yep I'm still game, let me know when you are free for the Mudbray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

serrebii still says to defeat the e4 again but im glad the info is wrong

The first time you face it you can knock it out then fight it right away when you gain control again. Any time you knock it out after that you have to fight the e4 for it to respawn.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Do the chances for HA increase as the chain continues, if the chain is not always the same Pokemon? I'm attempting to get a Gooey Goomy and in two hours, I saw a grand total of six Goomy and about 40 Fearow from the same chain on Route 17. I had to give up after a while because it was so late at night.

For the new page~

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Any good reason not to reset my save? The campaign was great and I want to play it again.

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc
I'm taking a break from the story to breed some starters to through out on Wonder Trade. Dropping Rowlets named after American actors and Cyndaquils with French names. Everyone deserves to have many good friends!

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I bet they'll give out more johto balls as rewards for participating in global missions. Not doing that or something similar would just be too silly, even for GF.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Any good reason not to reset my save? The campaign was great and I want to play it again.

Maybe the snorlium-z or whatever from the event munchlax? I'm not 100% on how mystery gifts work, so might be a good idea to look into that if you care about pulverizing pancake access.

Decus fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 27, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the Festival Plaza ball shop can give apricorn balls when upgraded

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Fighting Tapu Lele is a lot more annoying than Tapu Koko.
Namely because Tapu Lele can actually do damage to my pokemon.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the Festival Plaza ball shop can give apricorn balls when upgraded

Nope! Or at least I don't think so--either that rumour is false or there's some other weird requirement like "it needs to be adjacent to a maxed johto tent" that nobody has figured out yet.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

When do I start getting starters from other gens? I just got to the third island

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Decus posted:

I bet they'll give out more johto balls as rewards for participating in global missions. Not doing that or something similar would just be too silly, even for GF.

Maybe the snorlium-z or whatever from the event munchlax? I'm not 100% on how mystery gifts work, so might be a good idea to look into that if you care about pulverizing pancake access.

I'm pretty sure I managed to get the Torchic back in XY multiple times, so I should be okay for that.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Get in the loving Heal Ball, Tapu Lele.
GET IN THERE.
God, catching legendaries without a Level 100 Smeargle is a royal loving pain.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

quote:

Scholtz posted:
Yeah, but imagine the exclusivity of having a shiny Metagross in a Beast Ball!! It'll definitely be worth it.

e: Just to repost for a new page, I managed to do something real dumb and waste an entire Friday by catching a Beldum in a Beast Ball. If anyone here wants one, either reply or send me a PM. I am going to bed right now though, so it'll have to be later tonight.

Reporting for duty. Or, uh, whatever. FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle

If you mentioned your FC somewhere, I must've missed it. Sorry.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Note Block posted:

Yoooo I'd love a Jolly one! I can breed HA Eevee, but their IVs will be a crapshoot.

Blaziken386 posted:

:eyepop: Jesus Christ, you're an absolute madman. Doesn't beldum have a catch rate of 3 normally? And don't UB Balls have a multiplier of .1 on any regular pokemon?
I would love one of those. You want a Merciless Mareanie as well?

BadgerKingX posted:

I would like to snag one of these if you still have some to give away. I have a Careful Baton Pass Rowlet or Adamant Close Combat Mudbray if you would like one of those.

The Bible posted:

I'll take one. I can give you a pokerus-infected pokemon in return.

Supremezero posted:

That is beautiful and I think I need it.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'll definitely take one, Adamant would be nice but whatever is fine.

Solovey posted:

:aaaaa: I would like one please! Although I'm not into the postgame yet, so I don't have much to offer in return except starters (Popplio and Litten) or Moon exclusives. Or Jolly Mimikyus, I could probably swing that if anybody wants one...

If any of you (or anyone else!) didn't get one from tyb, I'm awake and will be available for the next 10-12 hours, haha.

FC 0388-0206-9174, IGN Rad

tyblazitar posted:

I feel a bit bad for taking all these trades instead of the original insane catcher, but I'd be interested in the Mudbray if you still want one.

Don't!! I just want these things to be as well traded as possible so nobody has to waste their time like I did. ;)

Seriously, I was so used to seeing the ball shake three times and then pop open that I genuinely questioned what I was seeing when it finally caught.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Just the gift Munchlax. I did the same thing with (mostly) no regrets.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scholtz posted:

If any of you (or anyone else!) didn't get one from tyb, I'm awake and will be available for the next 10-12 hours, haha.

Don't!! I just want these things to be as well traded as possible so nobody has to waste their time like I did. ;)

Seriously, I was so used to seeing the ball shake three times and then pop open that I genuinely questioned what I was seeing when it finally caught.

Oh, apparently my timing is amazing.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

BadgerKingX posted:

Yep I'm still game, let me know when you are free for the Mudbray.
Sure, I'm free right now, going to bed within an hour though.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

Scholtz posted:

You're the real MVP. I'm at my 12th box of them now, when (if) I finally hit the shiny I'll make you proud and send all of them out through wonder trade.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Scholtz posted:

May I please have one of those? I have nothing of value to offer unfortunately, I haven't beat the game yet. I'm available right now.

Luis 3067-4597-8138

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Where do you check the IVs of a boxed Pokémon? Or is that only a post-game thing again?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zuzie posted:

Where do you check the IVs of a boxed Pokémon? Or is that only a post-game thing again?

Post-game only. Once you've hatched 20 eggs, a guy hanging around the battle tree will upgrade your PC with IV--judging

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zuzie posted:

Post game. The NPC who installs that function on the PC is at the Battle Tree, and to unlock it, you need to have hatched 20 eggs.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Rock. I need about 3 hours to get out of class, then I can trade. I'll try to breed you up a pokerus-infected Honedge in a Beast Ball (that I was wonder traded).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

JackDarko posted:

May I please have one of those? I have nothing of value to offer unfortunately, I haven't beat the game yet. I'm available right now.

Luis 3067-4597-8138

Online rn! Send Rad a request or I'll try to find your guy.

The Bible posted:

Rock. I need about 3 hours to get out of class, then I can trade. I'll try to breed you up a pokerus-infected Honedge in a Beast Ball (that I was wonder traded).

Oooh! Awesome. Going for a Beast Ball dex, just wanted to get the hardest one out of the way first, hah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish you could check the status of a pokemon in the daycare without withdrawing it

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Oooh! Awesome. Going for a Beast Ball dex, just wanted to get the hardest one out of the way first, hah

You're added sir! Refresh your friends list and you should see me. I'm in the Plaza looking for your name.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

JackDarko posted:

You're added sir! Refresh your friends list and you should see me. I'm in the Plaza looking for your name.

Scholtz posted:

Thank you sir! If you ever need a Sun exclusive let me know.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Scholtz posted:

And here I thought my long-term goal of a full team of shiny beast ball mons was a tad ambitious. :v:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Scholtz posted:

:stare:

Suddenly I'm unsure if we should encourage this behavior, this is clearly the mind of a madman.

... eh. Not my brain.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Charging and spinning in circles on Lapras or Sharpedo takes out the tedium of Surfing encounters. Why is the encounter rate so low? Why is Lapras 5%? Gahhhhhhhhh

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Gift Pokemon will always be in a Poke Ball, so no.

Ugh. Ah well, I'll manage.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I discovered that back in the demo. It's the little touches in these games. :allears:

e: anyone know what I should name Tapu Lele? I've got no clue.

I named mine Hi'iaka after Pele's sister. She's the goddess of hula I believe.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Crosspeice posted:

Charging and spinning in circles on Lapras or Sharpedo takes out the tedium of Surfing encounters. Why is the encounter rate so low? Why is Lapras 5%? Gahhhhhhhhh

5%? Sure glad one showed up on Poke Pelago and joined me then. Though, why not use honey?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I was just prompted to challenge the Pokémon League so I assume I'm nearing the endgame.

Is there a comprehensive explanation of how breeding works this generation?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I was just prompted to challenge the Pokémon League so I assume I'm nearing the endgame.

Is there a comprehensive explanation of how breeding works this generation?

All the gen 6 guides should continue to work. The only difference I'm aware of is that a male now has a chance to pass down the ball its caught in.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

All the gen 6 guides should continue to work. The only difference I'm aware of is that a male now has a chance to pass down the ball its caught in.

Only if same species as mother (the it's 50/0) or if breed with a Ditto.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Where do I get the Destiny Knot/Everstones? From the Poke Pelago?

Also is breeding for IVs worth it? How difficult is it to hyper train for max IVs?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheetah7071 posted:

I think they might have tweaked the ability inheritance odds in the player's favor, but I can't prove that - just that I hatched a bunch more Synchronize Abras than I was expecting.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Where do I get the Destiny Knot/Everstones? From the Poke Pelago?

Also is breeding for IVs worth it? How difficult is it to hyper train for max IVs?

You can buy both with BP. This isn't as much of a catch-22 as the Ev-boosting items are, as IVs are pretty meaningless in the battle tree/battle royal. Destiny Knots are also available from pokemon with pickup, and everstones are in poke pelago and I think you get one for free.

Hyper training is completely not worth it except for legendaries/UBs. If it's breedable, it's faster to breed for IVs than to hyper train.

Breeding for IVs is worth it imo, if you want to do any PVP. Even if you're not willing to do the full time investment, at least breed for max speed.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Where do I get the Destiny Knot/Everstones?

Everstones are held by wild Roggenrolas and Boldores pretty commonly.

Destiny Knots can be acquired from pickup. Not sure where else they can be found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think they might have tweaked the ability inheritance odds in the player's favor, but I can't prove that - just that I hatched a bunch more Synchronize Abras than I was expecting.

I bred ~40 Meowths and only 1 had Pickup :v:

...Then the next batch were all Pickup but still.