Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

mentholmoose posted:

Can I get a first round Super-Draft Pick for my Walter Johnson? I won't even ask for anything else in return.

I will give you my second round SD pick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

mentholmoose posted:

Can I get a first round Super-Draft Pick for my Walter Johnson? I won't even ask for anything else in return.

Dragons send

SL XX1 Super-Draft First Round Pick

Bombers send

1922 Walter Johnson

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Do we know what the PRIZE is for DCB?

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Do we know what the PRIZE is for DCB?

It's the opportunity to see you trade with me!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

mrnoun posted:

It's the opportunity to see you trade with me!

I think I'm gonna hold off. The prime Pedro deal intrigued me the most but I feel like I'd just be moving dudes for no reason, and I like the players I have. If the last 2 picks weren't Pete Alexanders I very well might have jumped on it.

I still really want some better names in the bullpen though. I have spare OF if any of you need one! 2 Ichiro Suzuki's, a Richie Ashburn, and a Hank Aaron. Might be willing to trade Rickey also.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 25, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm interested in a Pete for Pedro 1-for-1, but I'm also worried Pedro in the Bellhorn the way it is now might not end well.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'd rather keep prime pedro over pete

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I still need to pare my roster down to 30 before the season starts, and with two more draft picks that means I've got some useful parts for sale:

1983 Keith Hernandez
1993 Jeff Nelson
1995 Tom Henke
1995 Fred McGriff
1995 Darren Daulton
1995 Len Dykstra
1995 Todd Worrell

Not the end of the world if I have to hold on to them, but if someone wants a good-not-great 1b or a gamble on a good reliever or something, there you go.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 25, 2016

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Milt Thompson posted:

Dragons send

SL XX1 Super-Draft First Round Pick

Bombers send

1922 Walter Johnson

I am considering this, but I'm going to take a bit more time to look around.

HulkaMatt posted:

I still really want some better names in the bullpen though. I have spare OF if any of you need one! 2 Ichiro Suzuki's, a Richie Ashburn, and a Hank Aaron. Might be willing to trade Rickey also.

Which of my relievers would you want for Aaron?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

HulkaMatt posted:

I think I'm gonna hold off. The prime Pedro deal intrigued me the most but I feel like I'd just be moving dudes for no reason, and I like the players I have. If the last 2 picks weren't Pete Alexanders I very well might have jumped on it.

Hulkamatt trade me cool things like hanks aaron and pedros and ashburns. I have SD picks and 2016 tyler clippard and cy young and rube waddell and lou gehrig and all sorts ooh and silver king!

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 26, 2016

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

FairGame posted:

I still need to pare my roster down to 30 before the season starts, and with two more draft picks that means I've got some useful parts for sale:

1983 Keith Hernandez
1993 Jeff Nelson
1995 Tom Henke
1995 Fred McGriff
1995 Darren Daulton
1995 Len Dykstra
1995 Todd Worrell

Not the end of the world if I have to hold on to them, but if someone wants a good-not-great 1b or a gamble on a good reliever or something, there you go.

I'm still at work so I'm in and out, but what would you want for HEN-KE?

E: only just noticed that's old-rear end henke, hm, makes the deal less appetizing

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Apparently Marauder accepted my 3rd-rounder-for-Hamels-and-Molitor deal a few days ago and I wasn't checking PMs.

So, uh...that's a thing I guess.

Modern Love sends:
Pick 35

Gumshoes send:
1990 Paul Molitor
2013 Cole Hamels

Shepard, this means I can make that trade with you if you're still interested.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

mentholmoose posted:

I am considering this, but I'm going to take a bit more time to look around.

Which of my relievers would you want for Aaron?

I don't know if I trust 40 year old Mariano Rivera on his own. I love Mo but I don't think it is worth it to give up Aaron for just him. Maybe if you toss in another piece, or upgrade Mo to Hoffman?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

I don't know if I trust 40 year old Mariano Rivera on his own. I love Mo but I don't think it is worth it to give up Aaron for just him. Maybe if you toss in another piece, or upgrade Mo to Hoffman?

I don't want to trade that much for a guy who put up a .283 OBA in the Subpar last season. I get he's a great power hitter, but I don't think he's worth my closer or Mariano Rivera+.

I think the other way around, say, Aaron and pick 66 (or perhaps your second round Super-Draft pick) for Rivera is something I might do.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Help I can't stop

Luna Landers send:

1983 Al Oliver

Akabira Killer Mikes send:

1920 Austin McHenry
1993 Bryan Harvey

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

mrnoun posted:

Help I can't stop

Luna Landers send:

1983 Al Oliver

Akabira Killer Mikes send:

1920 Austin McHenry
1993 Bryan Harvey

Accepted

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

mentholmoose posted:

I think the other way around, say, Aaron and pick 66 (or perhaps your second round Super-Draft pick) for Rivera is something I might do.

Yeah not gonna happen chief.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Holding off on making Pick #12 until I know what ~~THE PRIZE~~ is. Hoping for some pitching, but what I get is what I get.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

A Trade

Base Cloggers Send

1908 Gavvy Cravath
1962 Bobby Bolin
1977 Andre Thornton
1977 Jim Bibby

Luna Landers Send

1940 Bob Elliott

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

shepard.shouldgo posted:

A Trade

Base Cloggers Send

1908 Gavvy Cravath
1962 Bobby Bolin
1977 Andre Thornton
1977 Jim Bibby

Luna Landers Send

1940 Bob Elliott

Accepted!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

quote:

johnfw50 - Today at 11:12 AM
I feel like in light of the recent news, the prize should be star pitcher Fidel Castro

For the record, I would be pretty delighted with this.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

For the record, I would be pretty delighted with this.

I suggest Fidel Castrato. He's the exact same player, except with a beautiful high-pitched singing voice.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Holding off on making Pick #12 until I know what ~~THE PRIZE~~ is. Hoping for some pitching, but what I get is what I get.

How about Yog-Sothoth, the unknowable backstop whose framing skills are such that to look on them is to be driven mad?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

How about Yog-Sothoth, the unknowable backstop whose framing skills are such that to look on them is to be driven mad?

Having the key and the guardian of the gate behind the plate seems to me the best of all possibilities. I accept, and woe betide any team who tries to steal signals from the guy using the Yellow Sign. Mind you, it means all my pitchers will likely be driven mad, but they play in Innsmouth for crying out loud.

With Pick #11 squared away, I'll use Pick #12 to select Ernie Banks '60.

mrnoun and the Luna Landers are up!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Anyone thinking of drafting Silver King in this draft, consider trading your pick for my Silver King instead! He's a year older and therefore better!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

More dumb trading that I probably shouldn't do because I'm tired and trading tired is probably worse than trading drunk but what the gently caress ever who gives a poo poo let's go

Aperture Scientists send:

1895 Dan "Old gently caress" Brouthers
Pick #84

Hoboken Zephyrs send:

Pick #71

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Accepte d

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Third Annual Make Smasher Happy Contest Results Post

First, let me say that I believe that none of us are ever truly happy, and therefore the contest is meaningless and should be null and void.

Nonetheless, it has come to my attention that you lot really want me to get through this contest.

First, let's discuss the non-winners:

Pash

Your entry only filled me with fury, as I am doing the best I can with Big Oh, and it is not my fault that the Commission's rotation relies on very old men to survive. YOU GET NOTHING!

DivineCoffeeBinge

I wanted your entry to win, but holy poo poo, your proposed infield alignment. Superman at 2B and Kid Flash at 2B? Superman has the stronger arm, drat it! And I think this was the point in continuity where Kid Flash's speed powers began to wane until the Crisis sort of fixed him. Plus, there is no way in hell that Batman, who is an expert at literally everything, doesn't have the best pitch framing skills. Wonder Woman? I don't think so.

Also, I couldn't recall whether the version of Plastic Man was from Earth-1 or Earth-2 (keeping in mind, of course, that per a Roy Thomas story, all of the Earth-X heroes were originally from Earth-2). That frustrated me.

DannoMack

Very Canadian! Sadly, there is no Canadian division for this contest, and Canada must always fall in the face of American power (see: Every Stanley Cup playoff since 1993.)

Shepard

Until McCarthy is gone, I can take no joy from him being the dumbest human being who has ever lived. He makes me long for the days of Mike Sherman.

Also, playing Washington didn't fix the Packers' problems! It didn't fix them at all!

Yaya

Since loving when are the Hawks smashing the Canucks' dreams to tiny pieces anything worth celebrating rather than something de rigueur?

FairGame

King Smasher, Act I, Scene i posted:

SMASHER
Although, the last, not least, to whose young love
The vines of Beet and milk of kw0134
Strive to be interess'd; what can you say to draw
A pick more opulent than the others? Speak.

FAIRGAME
Nothing, my lord.

SMASHER
Nothing!

FAIRGAME
Nothing.

SMASHER
Nothing will come of nothing: speak again.

FAIRGAME
Unhappy that I am, I cannot heave
My hearth into my mouth: I love your league
According to my bond; nor more nor less

SMASHER
How, how, FairGame! Mend your speech a little,
Lest it may mar you fortunes.

FAIRGAME
Good my lord
Your league has begot my team and its lives: I
Return those duties back as are right fit,
Obey you, love your league, and honour you.
Why have the others written such, if they say
They love the league? Haply, when I shall make my team
That team whose roster must take my plight shall carry
All my loyalty with it, all my care and duty
Sure, I shall never make a team like the others,
The love the league all.

SMASHER
But goes thy heart with this?

FAIRGAME
Ay, good my lord.

SMASHER
Then you probably aren't going to get a pick.

Third Prize! Tie! mentholmoose and Deadford

Both of you guys get sandwich picks in the third round!

mentholmoose, 17 seconds was a truly magical moment! And, unlike all of the other Chicago champions in the base 15 years, actually felt magical. Game Six of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals kind of ended weirdly, as you might recall, as Kane scored that goal and then it took everyone a good five or ten seconds to realize what had happened. Hey, and on the plus side, the Hawks ended up winning Kimo a ring anyway. Not really a magical moment, though.

Deadford, yeah, that's pretty good.

Second Prize! mrnoun

You get a sandwich pick in the second round!

Also, good. Not a lot to say.

First Prize! kw0134

You get a sandwich pick in the first round!

loving Chapman. And he cost the Cubs Gleyber Torres! Who might be good! But it's hard to complain about it, because the Cubs ended up winning the World Series, so it, at the very least, was, in a technical sense, more successful than just about every other trade the Cubs have made in the past century.

Well, besides Cashner-for-Rizzo and Shark-for-Russell and Dempster-for-Hendricks.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Thanks Smasher! I hope I will use the pick well.

I intend to continue exploring the Darkest Super-League for a little while. Remember, guys, the slower you draft, the more I will explore!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Landers take Manny Ramirez '99.

KW's sandwich pick is on the clock.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

No mention of the Corgi GIF :saddowns:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

kensei posted:

No mention of the Corgi GIF :saddowns:

I liked the Corgi gif and it brought me happiness!

Anyway, I've updated the draft sheet. Mentholmoose, you're picking behind Robert Deadford with the sandwich 3/4 pick. He got literally the lowest pick in the 4th round lottery, so I feel like a small nicety is in order.

KW0134 is on the clock.

Reminder that I still have ~TRADE MADNESS~ and would like to move 1995 Tom Henke and/or 1995 Todd Worrell. (I also have a surplus of good-hitting LHB 1b in Fred McGriff and Keith Hernandez, but I don't really expect much in the way of buyers there.)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Trade

Nega-Llamas trade their 4th round pick (pick 62)

Aperture Scientists trade

1975 Al Hrabosky
1948 Robin Roberts

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
accepted

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Trade

Nega-Llamas trade their 4th round pick (pick 62)

Aperture Scientists trade

1975 Al Hrabosky
1948 Robin Roberts

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

A trade, perhaps?

I send:

'22 Walter Johnson

kw0134 sends:

Pick 14?

e: Or maybe not? I dunno, DannoMack trade me the Lou Gehrig.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 28, 2016

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
I offer my 20 Johnson for the pick now pick a Johnson

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Sending pick #14 for the Scientists' Walter Johnson (vintage 1920), confirming that trade. Thanks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Third Annual Make Smasher Happy Contest Results Post

First Prize! kw0134

You get a sandwich pick in the first round!

loving Chapman. And he cost the Cubs Gleyber Torres! Who might be good! But it's hard to complain about it, because the Cubs ended up winning the World Series, so it, at the very least, was, in a technical sense, more successful than just about every other trade the Cubs have made in the past century.

Well, besides Cashner-for-Rizzo and Shark-for-Russell and Dempster-for-Hendricks.

Let us not forget James Russell for Ronald Torreyes for IFA cap space allowing the Torres/Jimenez signings which led to Chapman. So, really, Chapman was possibly the terminating transaction of years of work which allowed for one of the most climatic finishes in world series history.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Alex Gordon should have gone for home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Smasher Dynamo posted:

mentholmoose, 17 seconds was a truly magical moment! And, unlike all of the other Chicago champions in the base 15 years, actually felt magical. Game Six of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals kind of ended weirdly, as you might recall, as Kane scored that goal and then it took everyone a good five or ten seconds to realize what had happened. Hey, and on the plus side, the Hawks ended up winning Kimo a ring anyway. Not really a magical moment, though.

I personally remember trying to figure out what the hell was going on on that goal in 2010, because even the announcers didn't quite realize immediately what happened, and the angle of the goal was so sharp you couldn't really see it on TV. I ended up covering more of the 2010 Cup Final because I paid quite a bit more attention to that one, for obvious reasons. Most of what I saw about the 2013 Final (and the 2015 Final) was in video recaps and summaries afterward, so I wrote mostly about what I knew.