Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I'd like the coast...but I need enough land with an outbuilding for car stuff.

I fully plan on racing at East Bay in the 2018 season, so poo poo has to happen quickly since I won't be there until this time next year :v:

Oh poo poo, lemme know if you need a crew! I've been meaning to catch a race at East Bay and haven't been yet. I'm sure my son would love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh poo poo, lemme know if you need a crew! I've been meaning to catch a race at East Bay and haven't been yet. I'm sure my son would love it.

Definitely.

I'm going to try and pick up a hornet/bomber, just for cheapness. Going to try and get out there this following summer just to check car counts and see what class would be worth it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Found the issue. The Habit is horrible :(

Edit: I shouldn't say horrible. It's decent. But the price for what you get is lovely, and it just screams "yuppies love this" and has no more flavor than some fast food burgers at a premium price.

I'm as die-hard of an In-N-Out fan as any lifetime Los Angelan, but Habit is great when you want to sit down to eat because the higher prices keep away the local highschool football/soccer/church/motocross/debate teams. As I rapidly start becoming an old man in my thirties these things become valuable :zombie: I think it's a pretty deece burger too and tastes a bit more grilled.

That being said, some of the most amazing people-watching in California can be found at the Cabazon/Morongo In-N-Out.

spurger chat itt

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

spurger chat itt

I figured it was that time of the month.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I'm as die-hard of an In-N-Out fan as any lifetime Los Angelan, but Habit is great when you want to sit down to eat because the higher prices keep away the local highschool football/soccer/church/motocross/debate teams. As I rapidly start becoming an old man in my thirties these things become valuable :zombie: I think it's a pretty deece burger too and tastes a bit more grilled.

That being said, some of the most amazing people-watching in California can be found at the Cabazon/Morongo In-N-Out.

spurger chat itt

That's all the Habit has in it where I live. It's always full of loud, FYGM waspy fucks and their horrid children.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

iwentdoodie posted:

Found the issue. The Habit is horrible :(

Edit: I shouldn't say horrible. It's decent. But the price for what you get is lovely, and it just screams "yuppies love this" and has no more flavor than some fast food burgers at a premium price.

I used to love the teriyaki char burger when I was younger, but that was before they expanded from Santa Barbara.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm not big on beef. I like chicken better.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I figured it was that time of the month.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Well my new ride has a "SPORT" mode. It's a button that makes it go much faster.

I call it the "YOU JUST MEANEDERED INTO A REALLY BAD PART OF TOWN AND YOU FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE JUST GO MAN STOP SIGNS AREN'T WORTH YOUR LIFE" mode but that wouldn't fit on the button.

I'm also a little disappointed there isn't a molly-guard over the button.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Three-Phase posted:

Well my new ride has a "SPORT" mode. It's a button that makes it go much faster.

I call it the "YOU JUST MEANEDERED INTO A REALLY BAD PART OF TOWN AND YOU FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE JUST GO MAN STOP SIGNS AREN'T WORTH YOUR LIFE" mode but that wouldn't fit on the button.

I'm also a little disappointed there isn't a molly-guard over the button.

What did you decide on?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Maybach Exellero

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

CharlesM posted:

What did you decide on?

I decided to get the hell out of there. Punched the SPORT button and flew down the streets at 35MPH. My head was on a swivel and my knuckles were white on the steering wheel. Made it out alive. I was in Beachwood and heading east I wandered into Shaker Heights/Garfield Heights and the neighborhoods get really rough really fast after dark and I didn't have a CCW.

Oh if you mean car Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Smooth ride and I've been getting between 30-40MPG in a SUV. Dual 750V MGs man hybrid AWD (with like a 60-40 split I think.) Somehow I feel like I should be listening to Yacht Rock when I am driving this thing.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Maybach Exellero

First thing I saw were the hyper low-profile tires. That sort of car would be destroyed in less than a month in a place like Ohio.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 27, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'd be willing to pop down to lend a hand as well if needed. I'm just north of scudson and new port methy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hey jamal, if you see this could you shoot me an email?

Choppeds10 at the gmail

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Smash burger isn't as good as fat burger which isn't as good as five guys which isn't as good as in n out which isn't as good as whataburger.

I mean whataburger is a step above McDonald's yeah but better than five guys? Really? :confused:

Whatburg's ahakes are pretty drat good though. And skinny fries + spicy ketchup...mmmm :btroll:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Door Frame posted:

Portrait lens?

24-105 f4 L IS USM. drat good lens, worth the money. Put abut 1500 shots through it today and I reckon I got some great ones.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 27, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
36-24-36

E: 5'3

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Only if she's 5'3"

E: drat your edit

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
drat you're fast

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Awful app :clint:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So my stepdad's Samsung TV has been having backlight issues. Once it's on, it's fine. If you turn it off, the TV powers on, but the backlight doesn't (you can see an image if you shine a bright light at the LCD). Unplug it for a minute and it's fine again.

He said it finally died entirely. He bought a new one, he was gonna toss it in the garbage. I told him I'd take it and see f I could fix it, and if I could, I'd sell it or keep it for my bedroom. I figured the inverter was going bad, and probably took out the power supply. Turns out the inverter and power supply are the same unit on this TV.

Get it home, and... wait... the power cord is just barely in the male plug on the back. Hm.. let's plug it in and see what happens. Wait, the standby light came on, and he said it wouldn't even do that. Hooked up a cheap $8 antenna, and...

:neckbeard:

I've personally seen the backlight issues plenty, and was the one to figure out the unplug/replug trick to get it working again, so I know the power supply is on borrowed time. But I now have a free 32" 720p TV in my bedroom, have my Chromecast on it, and a used power supply is about $40 shipped. NOT telling him it's working yet, I'll tell him in a few weeks once I finally get around to buying a new PSU. Also, the male plug end on the TV (detachable cord, typical 3 pin PC power cord) feels pretty loose, so I'm thinking some cracked solder joints from it being unplugged/plugged back in pretty much a few times a day for the past year.

Darchangel posted:

When I was living in a campus apartment at UTA, the downstairs neighbor had the heat up so high (boiler system for the whole complex) one winter that my roommate and I had to open windows with it near freezing outside.

Huh. You must have snagged the harness on something at some point.

It was fine yesterday when I was under the car. :iiam: gently caress it, it's passed emissions, it's legal for a year, I'll throw a new sensor at it when the CEL annoys me enough. There's TONS of slack in the harness, so I don't think it's anything I (directly) did. That's the original sensor from 2005, to the best of my knowledge, and the wiring wasn't chewed up before. The engine bay harness going to both o2 sensors is chewed to poo poo though.

It was in a 90 degree O2 sensor spacer though. It's possible it rotated, and caused it to smack something and got knocked back up into its normal place. When I removed the spacer today it wasn't even finger tight, and I cranked that thing down tight. Once it gets a new sensor I'll run it sans spacer for a bit, if the P0420 comes back it'll go back into the spacer.. and that bitch is getting hammered into place, and thread locker will be used (after all, the bung is part of the cat assembly anyway). It's also possible something chewed on it, but it would be really weird for it to chew on 4 wires in one very specific place.

Also feeling you on the downstairs neighbor. It's 50 outside.. 75 inside, and neither the heat or ac have run all day. I have my bedroom window cracked. Can't open the living room window because it's a sliding door with no screen, and I'd rather keep my hairy pussy away from roaming the streets. Also, I have a second magnet on one of my bedroom windows, so I can still fully arm the alarm without bypassing the windows - my bedroom windows are accessible from my back patio, which has its own set of stairs, so if one is open someone can just waltz right in.

iwentdoodie posted:

Smash burger isn't as good as fat burger which isn't as good as five guys which isn't as good as in n out which isn't as good as whataburger.

I actually like Smash Burger, but it's not a fast food burger. Don't care for Five Guys at all (their fries are bomb though). In n Out is okay. And don't you dare say anything negative about Whataburger around me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You're dead to me

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

That's all the Habit has in it where I live. It's always full of loud, FYGM waspy fucks and their horrid children.

poo poo...well, that sucks. SD vs LA I suppose (you're behind the Orange Curtain IIRC?)... the Habit Burger closest to me is always working-class normals on lunchbreak. Never once seen a group of kids.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My mum just bought a Kia Venga. I may have harmed any chance of getting a Christmas present by sending her a link to the Vengabus song. Worth it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 206 days!)

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You're dead to me

We're still cool, right? :ohdear:

Done a lot of car poo poo, and quite a bit of household poo poo. More this coming week. Will probably be done with all but the external repaint this winter. Sever, bitch!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Burning $6 million in Sex Pistols memorabilia? Because "punk rock memorabilia" is anachronistic?

That's loving punk rock.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/joe_corre_burns_6_million_of_rare_punk_memorabiliawatch

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

Burning $6 million in Sex Pistols memorabilia? Because "punk rock memorabilia" is anachronistic?

That's loving punk rock.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/joe_corre_burns_6_million_of_rare_punk_memorabiliawatch

The K foundation burn a million quid.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

gently caress yeah!

https://vimeo.com/21103501

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seminal Flu posted:

That's loving punk rock.

Yeah, it's not like his dad specifically engineered the Sex Pistols to make money and sell clothing or anything...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KLF is gonna burn you. Uh huh uh, uh huh uh huh.!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, it's not like his dad specifically engineered the Sex Pistols to make money and sell clothing or anything...

And the plan came to fruition and his kid destroyed the tangible value... what's not punk about that?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

poo poo...well, that sucks. SD vs LA I suppose (you're behind the Orange Curtain IIRC?)... the Habit Burger closest to me is always working-class normals on lunchbreak. Never once seen a group of kids.

Yeah, temecula area. So even worse.

But that's also why I prefer LA. The people are better. And no military.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Shout out to the sick Volvo wagon pulling out of Harbor Freight around 10 this morning in Rowlett. Seeing things like that almost makes me regret my life choices, wagons are the poo poo.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Wagons do indeed rule. I love cars with more rear end

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seminal Flu posted:

And the plan came to fruition and his kid destroyed the tangible value... what's not punk about that?
That wasn't the plan. The plan was tangible value through popularity and record sales promoted using shock & awe tactics. The plan worked.

Kid's a multi-millionaire from selling upper middle class women overpriced knickers. He's about as punk as a tuna sandwich.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Anyone have any personal experience or recommend a wifi security camera that doesn't handcuff you to some proprietary cloud recording service or anything like that? I would also ideally like to mount outside but feeding a power cable would be a hassle for where I would like to put them, through a window might be easier at the expense of good night vision.

E: To be clear, wireless

slidebite fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 27, 2016

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

We use a poo poo load of swann kit at work, as coincidentally do a lot of our maintenance lads (hmmm) and they're really easy to setup via your internet to see when you're at work.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Lol that's what I was going to say. The Sex Pistols were pretty much a boy band, like a hard core Monkees, and were never a real punk band imo.

The guy sounds like a giant hypocrite.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 27, 2016

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A nice instrument invented by Project Binky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB4NXA_vNWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

That's one thing I love bout project binky- not only is it a stonking piece of engineering and fabrication but it's also two mates just faffing about in their shop on a project.

• Locked thread