Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I just don't get the reason to be so loving upset. I'm a Hamilton fan, but the guy has 3 WDCs and what, 52 or so wins?. That's loving impressive. Not having number 4 is a little disappointing, but it's not like its the end of the world for him or the folks that follow him (Although from what I've seen on the internet so far, you'd think the sky had fallen). I say well done to Rosberg, and look forward to a great 2017.

Also, between Nico, Lewis and Vettel, that was 8 WDCs on the podium. Impressive, but not so much when you consider Schumacher managed 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/F1/status/802896862285959168

At least one thing was right today.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

Verstappen 2017 WDC is going to be the best thing in the worst thread.

A better driver than Rosberg.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Falken posted:

I just don't get the reason to be so loving upset. I'm a Hamilton fan, but the guy has 3 WDCs and what, 52 or so wins?. That's loving impressive. Not having number 4 is a little disappointing, but it's not like its the end of the world for him or the folks that follow him (Although from what I've seen on the internet so far, you'd think the sky had fallen). I say well done to Rosberg, and look forward to a great 2017.

Also, between Nico, Lewis and Vettel, that was 8 WDCs on the podium. Impressive, but not so much when you consider Schumacher managed 7.

Nico Fraudberg being a WDC devalues that title so much that they might as well have let David Arquette win it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Powershift posted:

Verstappen 2017 WDC is going to be the best thing in the worst thread.

I agree 100%. I'm already looking forward to March already.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nico Fraudberg being a WDC devalues that title so much that they might as well have let David Arquette win it.

More please.. My desire for salty tears is insatiable

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

But Kimi already lowered the bar considerably?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

Nico Fraudberg being a WDC devalues that title so much that they might as well have let Dolph Ziggler win it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Buttons would be better than the Osbournes tbh.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

FAROOQ posted:

Hamilton in a newey-designed red bull with a 5% reduced engine deficit would destroy anything Mercedes could put out.

Shame Redbull already have two drivers better then Hamilton.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

AgentJotun posted:

Shame Redbull already have two drivers better then Hamilton.

Hahahahahaha ha

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Ok

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is so true that I started crying again.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Uh, doesn't Lewis have a contract to the end of the '18 season?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Both of Red Bull's drivers are better than Hamilton, but not faster

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hamilton is never going to get a fair shake from toto. He should take button's seat at mclaren and get ready to take the title in case they ever get a car together.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Falken posted:

Uh, doesn't Lewis have a contract to the end of the '18 season?

He maybe contracted to 2018, but today he severed the contract to Totos heart

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmbo Brundle looks like he's about to cry, much like most of the thread is.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Lewis is a cheat who doesn't listen to his team

Hungary 2007 never forget

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

lmbo Brundle looks like he's about to cry, much like most of the thread is.

"about to"? Anyone with anything resembling a soul has cried all the tears they have in their body and are desperately rehydrating to cry more right now.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

"about to"? Anyone with anything resembling a soul has cried all the tears they have in their body and are desperately rehydrating to cry more right now.

I too am crying tears of joy.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
'F1 2016: Are Rossie WDC'

New thread title please.

Also Their Lewis's tears on channel 4 are feeding my soul just right

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lewis will be at Mercedes until their car isn't the best because he isn't an idiot and Mercedes knows he is still one of the best drivers in the field. The only thing that would stop this is if Toto or other Merc people get big puffed up egos and want to prove they are the reason for their dominance and not the drivers.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Coulthard saying Lewis should be more sportsman like rather than display petulance

edit: Webber saying the same

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Lewis will be at Mercedes until their car isn't the best because he isn't an idiot and Mercedes knows he is still one of the best drivers in the field. The only thing that would stop this is if Toto or other Merc people get big puffed up egos and want to prove they are the reason for their dominance and not the drivers.

lol Takuma Sato would win the WDC with this Merc

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Coulthard saying Lewis should be more sportsman like rather than display petulance

Our Schumi should beat his rear end again like in Spa.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He was still playing the "we didn't get equal cars" card in the interview so I think their comments are fair

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Thanks Ants posted:

He was still playing the "we didn't get equal cars" card in the interview so I think their comments are fair

How would we ever know that? He was driving so slowly

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Hefe posted:

lol Takuma Sato would win the WDC with this Merc

But what about Pastor?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Just a thought, if Lewis's tactics today are fine, when do drivers start doing this from the start of the season... negative racing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

poo poo drivers jealous of the abilities of a true WDC who won despite adversity rather than making GBS threads the bed in WDC winning cars like they did. They just wish that McLaren/Red Bull were stupid enough to hand the championship to their inferior joke drivers like F1's DNC, Mercedes did today.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Hefe posted:

lol Nico Rosberg would win the WDC with this Merc

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Channel 4 illustrating in crystal clear detail how Lewis lost the WDC due to his lovely driving.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

iospace posted:

But what about Pastor?

That goes without saying.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Channel 4 illustrating in crystal clear detail how Lewis lost the WDC due to his lovely driving.

It was a masterful piece of T.V. Channel 4 has satisfied my hunger for salty tears and petulance.

edit.. but there is always room for dessert

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

djssniper posted:

Just a thought, if Lewis's tactics today are fine, when do drivers start doing this from the start of the season... negative racing

It honestly would have made things a bit more interesting instead of "Oh, Mercedes is way out in front". At least F1 had the presence of mind to go "... ok, considering we're having the same thing as the past two years, let's focus on the mid pack" on broadcasts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

But what about Pastor?

He would it it into the wall really, really fast.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky trotted Stewart out from the 1950s and now are playing who can be the most hypocritical.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Sky trotted Stewart out from the 1950s and now are playing who can be the most hypocritical.

Hes on channel 4 too!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can anyone else see the mercs doing a direct swap of Lewis for Vettel or Ricciado?

• Locked thread