Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, that's true. I was just thinking of the quality of the character and not how easy his bios are to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm looking for the under the radar pick. Like a falcon or Baron Mordo. Ateatree told me the Baron is excellent at T2 for instance and we don't talk much about him. I already kinda know who is great from our discussions here but who is that under the radar pick I should maybe take a look at?

Who is that sleeper agent of goodness? (I feel like Baron is one, maybe Singularity? Green Goblin is on my list as he fills a big poison niche.)

Just looking for somebody to make a good case for another char (Clawtopsy already has me won over for Star Lord, so I'm good there broski).

How are you liking Ebony Maw? I am deciding either him or Supergiant next I got proxy and corvius

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Supergiant is probably the highest damage striker in the game if that helps.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm looking for the under the radar pick. Like a falcon or Baron Mordo. Ateatree told me the Baron is excellent at T2 for instance and we don't talk much about him. I already kinda know who is great from our discussions here but who is that under the radar pick I should maybe take a look at?

Who is that sleeper agent of goodness? (I feel like Baron is one, maybe Singularity? Green Goblin is on my list as he fills a big poison niche.)

Just looking for somebody to make a good case for another char (Clawtopsy already has me won over for Star Lord, so I'm good there broski).

Great question! I feel like there's two categories of under-the-radar picks: okay characters who become great, and terrible garbo turds who become decent. My picks are Black Cat (who gets really good dps and has cleared a bunch of Shadowlands stages for me) and Nebula (who is garbo as hell at T1, but at T2 can actually solo a female relay if you can keep both baddies in your AOE, and is also useful in rumbles).

I think T2ing turds is a really good strategy, because it adds a lot of depth to your Shadowrun roster, and I hope to include some more turds in my future endeavours.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I had 2 sets of megas (whaled on crystals) so it wasn't a huge hit. I'll hold off on the mega T2 though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

Supergiant is probably the highest damage striker in the game if that helps.

I'll second this. Don't have her 6* obviously but tons of people say Supergiant is god tier striker. I think you can't go wrong with Ebenezer Maw as he is excellent too but Supergiant is amazing too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Seems pretty solid that the ideal progression right now is Proxima, Dr Strange, either Supergiant or Corvus, the other one you didn't get, then Thanos.

Supergiant is a glass cannon but definitely comes through on the cannon part of that. Corvus is slightly more durable, has the better summon of the two, doesn't hit quite as hard but is a physical damage dealer which can be kind of nice at times. (was great for the Halloween event) I'm always stretched for Energy ISOs and Energy-friendly leaderships, so Corvus being able to pair with Elsa for leadership and using Physical ISOs was nice.

They're both fantastic characters and whichever you pick you won't regret.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
What makes Super Giant ridiculous as a striker is that she only has 3 eligible skills to use when called in. SO instead of a 20% chance to use her best skill, it's 33%, and that means a lot of 6*'s. She also strikes when you attack, which always helps.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Supergiant has more survivability than Proxima because she has 3 iframe skills and guaranteed dodge and a summon. Her leadership is also incredibly good vs the current Strange meta

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Her Black Bolt summon is tankier and does nearly as much damage as my actual, almost T2 ready Black Bolt

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

fart simpson posted:

the current Strange meta

Maybe. Who am I to judge?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I don't understand why you wouldn't just start on Thanos after getting whichever of Proxima/Supergiant/Ebony Maw/Corvus maxed first.

Also you poo poo swizzling fuckers did not tell me that T2 carnage makes regular Thanos a walk in the park. I need this poo poo spoon fed to me like a loving baby ok?

b0ng fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 27, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

T2 Carnage makes all content apart from iThanos and mmmmmmaybe Black Dwarf trivial.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Black Dwarf is pretty trivial with Carnage as long as you have a Proxima or Supergiant as a striker.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 skill

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

b0ng posted:

I don't understand why you wouldn't just start on Thanos after getting whichever of Proxima/Supergiant/Ebony Maw/Corvus maxed first.

Because Shadowland

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Clawtopsy posted:

6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 cancel into 6 5 3 skill

You can throw in a 2 before you have to 3 too.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm a huge buff purple man who wears armor IRL and as much as I want to, I still can't bring myself to spend the resources on Thanos.

I need to finish the shriveled humpbacked geriatric skeleton first. I've made my choice.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Thanos is so worth it though. I've really appreciated throwing the Hail Hydra iso set on him because it will proc when he does his 6. The CD on it, with -30% from my cards is ridiculous, he's practically always dropping meteors on people.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I think I have beaten Thanos 0 times in TImeline because he's always either vanished while meteors rain down or he's somehow healing a gently caress ton constantly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Just run out of the meteor zone, and then when he comes back, Sharon him. Easy.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i give thanos the stranger NP

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Which obelisk should I set aside for T2 Moonman: 1. Double Recov (120%ish); 2. 70% Recov + 3sec/10CD invuln; 3. Neither, fish for something with damage stats

Leaning towards #1 for maximum annoying-shithead factor

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I say the invulnerability for sure. The extra RR is great but won't protect you against huge burst damage as much, and that's about the only thing that'll kill him anyway.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
Started playing this week during the holiday. In-game name is propgun and just applied to Worst Alliance.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

Started playing this week during the holiday. In-game name is propgun and just applied to Worst Alliance.

:getin:

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I now find myself out of gold constantly and it is literally the worst thing ever.
Between material fusion, rolling ISO sets, and leveling gear, I can't seem to hold on to more than 2 million ever.
Make money spend money, I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah get used to it, gold is the major bottleneck in this game. Try to focus on one thing at a time, it feels "faster" that way.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Doctor_Acula posted:

I now find myself out of gold constantly and it is literally the worst thing ever.
Between material fusion, rolling ISO sets, and leveling gear, I can't seem to hold on to more than 2 million ever.
Make money spend money, I guess.

Now that I got serious about ranking up Proxima I'm in the same boat.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
They recently nerfed the poo poo out of farming gold so that feeling will be very prevalent throughout the game. Now it feels like alliance battle takes twice the time for half the gold.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
"Gold isn't a bottleneck, you just need to budget better!" - This thread a couple months ago.

Edit: It's tedious as hell but helps if you run the entire roster through Team Up every day.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 28, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gold is a bottleneck, so you need to budget better.

b0ng posted:

They recently nerfed the poo poo out of farming gold so that feeling will be very prevalent throughout the game. Now it feels like alliance battle takes twice the time for half the gold.

More like half the time for half the gold, you've forgotten how long AB used to take.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

punchymcpunch posted:

More like half the time for half the gold, you've forgotten how long AB used to take.

Seriously. The timer starts at half the time it used to, and I tend to finish (or die) with slightly more time left on the clock than I used to. That poo poo could be a 16+m slog before, and now it's straight up impossible to take that long on Normal. Normal + Extreme can probably reach the old length if you're very bad at Normal and very good at Extreme, but that seems unlikely to happen regularly.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You'd also have to be good enough to do old AB in 15 minutes, which I'm sure was possible, but I'd need bullet time IRL to get it done.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

BGrifter posted:

"Gold isn't a bottleneck, you just need to budget better!" - This thread a couple months ago.

Edit: It's tedious as hell but helps if you run the entire roster through Team Up every day.

Yeah, this is where most of my clear tickets go.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
That's not a good method of farming gold until your VIP level is whatever it takes to unlock the second box (I went from 0 to 2 in a single purchase so I legit don't remember whether it was 1 or 2). Got about 2 million the first time I just set the tablet down and let it run after the upgrade though. poo poo's crazy.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I actually really like the new AB other than the halved gold rewards. 10 minutes doesn't feel onerous or like some massive tassk like the 20 minute dog fight ABs used too. Now I just can't get more than 3 rewards in exxxxtreme AB.

I'm so gold poor it's pathetic. Getting all my dudes gear up and iso sets rolled for the shadowlands and all the BAM for stranger has just ruined my wallet!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think we are all gold poor. It's crazy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Netmarble pays me a golden treasure, yet I am poor, because I am a river to my waifus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing we'll get the update on Thursday this week, since that's December 1st.

• Locked thread