Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Switching over to Sky now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I hate the BBC for articles like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37813595

The 'oh look us Brits have 16 world drivers titles and you Germans have only 12, just a few more to go chaps!' bit is especially great. Hey BBC, you forget to take a dig at how their 7 times WDC driver is most likely a vegetable too, should have added that in for extra saltiness!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

I came for Keke.

Same

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And now to see the 15-2-1 stampeders lose the grey cup to the 8-9-1 redblacks in the CFL because it's 2016 and that's how things work now.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Once again British nationalism wins out over the 48%

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enri posted:

The 'oh look us Brits have 16 world drivers titles and you Germans have only 12, just a few more to go chaps!' bit is especially great. Hey BBC, you forget to take a dig at how their 7 times WDC driver is most likely a vegetable too, should have added that in for extra saltiness!

Nigel Farage should close the BBC. Also Schumacher has more titles than Stewart, Hunt, Hill and Mansell combined.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just lol if you saw Lewis vs. Rosberg as some sort of UK vs Germany thing.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Another great one.

quote:

Glückwunsch an Hamilton für einen Sieg, den er am liebsten gegen die Teamanweisungen in Gefahr gebracht hätte, um seinen Teamkollegen der Konkurrenz zum Fraß vorzuwerfen. Kann man so machen, und letztlich hat Hamilton aus seiner Sicht alles getan, was er tun musste - aber sportlich fair war das nicht und in Anbetracht einer weiteren starken Saison des Briten auch ein bisschen unwürdig. Im Team wird darüber zu reden sein, wobei ich im Hinblick auf die letzten drei Jahre mit nicht viel mehr als einem mäßig bestimmten "Du-du-du!" rechne.

Unter anderem auch deshalb: Riesige Gratulation an Nico Rosberg, dem ich nicht nur, aber gerade nach heute den WM-Titel von Herzen gönne. Das war ein stark herausgefahrener zweiter Platz, nachdem er lange Zeit von Verstappen und am Ende von Vettel ordentlich bedrängt wurde. Verstappen hat er mit einem fantastischen Manöver auf der Strecke überholt. Diesen Grad an kontrollierter Aggressivität gegen den aktuell wohl härtesten Fahrer des Feldes waren wir von Rosberg gar nicht mehr gewöhnt - aber es war zusammen mit Vettels Aufholjagd das beste Manöver des Rennens.
Zum bisherigen Saisonverlauf aus meiner Sicht habe ich ja schon genug geschrieben in den letzten Tagen. Für mich bleibt es dabei, dass Rosberg den Titel und das "Verkürzen" auf 1:3 gegenüber Hamilton mehr als verdient hat. Er ist ein großartiger Fahrer. Ich hätte 2010 nicht für möglich gehalten, dass er Schumacher schlägt. Ich hätte es 2013 nie für möglich gehalten, dass er sich langfristig auf Augenhöhe gegen Hamilton behaupten kann. Er ist immer wieder immer noch ein bisschen besser, als man vorher glaubt. Fantastische Leistung!

Auch Vettel kann heute nach mehreren Rennen, in denen er nicht so stark aussah, mal wieder zufrieden mit sich sein. Ein gutes, versöhnliches Podium zum Abschluss einer für ihn nicht ganz einfachen und offensichtlich nervenstrapazierenden Saison.

Starke Leistungen außerdem von Verstappen, Hülkenberg, Massa und Alonso. Der Holländer nach dem Dreher mit einer tollen Aufholjagd, Hülkenberg recht deutlich vor Perez, Massa mit zwei Punkten und damit einem relativ würdigen Abschied aus der Formel 1 und Alonso konnte sich als Zehnter mit seiner 9. Ankunft in den Punkterängen in der Fahrer-WM vor einem Williams und beiden Toro Rosso behaupten - insgesamt eine ganz starke Saison des Spaniers, vor dessen Motivation ich meinen Hut ziehen muss, nachdem Herbert ihn am Jahresbeginn noch aus der Formel 1 labern wollte.

Mehr will ich eigentlich erstmal nicht schreiben. Außer: Thank You Jenson! Obrigado, Felipe!

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Gone to sky Jenson is so pissed talking to Ted

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
loving :lol: at the last sentence

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/737036/Lewis-Hamilton-tactics-Nico-Rosberg-Abu-Dhabi-Grand-Prix-unsportsmanlike

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

Took BBC F1 outta my RSS feeds after I saw that. I just can't tolerate it any longer.

Yes, Nico deserves it. Why? Because the championship is won over the span of 21 races. Wow, shocker. It was a close race. Guess what? Mechanical attrition plays a major role in literally any motorsport series.

I'm not even a Rosberg fan (feel indifferent towards him) but to say he doesn't deserve is literally insane.

I didn't even watch the race but everything I'm reading about what Lewis did is making me confused. Why are people so pissed? Backing someone up into the chasing pack sounds like an incredibly smart tactic. What would people rather have him do? Ram him the gently caress off the road?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

hahahahahaha yessssss

If I were an F1 team owner...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
F1 is dead

NtotheTC posted:

#NotMyWDC

poty fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 27, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

poty posted:

F1 is dead

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

lol what a petulant child if Lewis did threaten to quit after the Spanish Grand Prix.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

lol what a petulant child

At the beginning of this season I wanted to be a Hamilton supporter, because Hamilton is usually the faster driver and because Rosberg does dumb things (his Russia 2014 lockup was my desktop background for a while), but on the other hand, Hamilton has been such a childish idiot this year that it doesn't matter.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Pirate Radar posted:

hahahahahaha yessssss

If I were an F1 team owner...

You would be far less retarded than you've shown repeatedly

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

FAROOQ posted:

You would be far less retarded than you've shown repeatedly

This is an incredibly optimistic post so I can't bring myself to dislike it at all. You've found my weakness.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Congrats Nico, a very fast and good racing driver who deserved to win the world championship.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question of the day though:

Will Nico take #1 next year as his number or keep 6?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

lol what a petulant child if Lewis did threaten to quit after the Spanish Grand Prix.

Although he's 3 times wdc, call him all you want... so glad Nico won though :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis is in the wrong team. What he needs is to be the named number one driver with a solid development driver in the second seat. Zee Germans just see the drivers "as the tip of a very large iceberg with 1500 people underneath him", and want absolute fairness between the two. Because that's how Germans work. I bet in 10 years time he will admit he was happier in the midfield at mclaran than he was at Mercedes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

He'll definitely take #1. he has never really clung to a number.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lewis should leave Mercedes to prove he's the best driver by winning the WDC in a poo poo car and then finish 10th in the rankings because all of the other cars are dogshit.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

iospace posted:

The idea of Nico Rosberg being #1 just made me punch a wall and now my dad is angry at me. Thanks mate.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

If F1 had a fair system like the American Electoral college, more points would be awarded to real races that Our Lewis won like Interlagos, Silverstone and Monaco. poo poo races in shitholes like Azerbaijan, Bahrain and Belgium that Fraudberg won would be F1's equivalent of Wyoming.

Why is the anti-Lewis British media not talking about this? The whole system is rigged

poty
Jun 21, 2008

djssniper posted:

Just a thought, if Lewis's tactics today are fine, when do drivers start doing this from the start of the season... negative racing

It's happens pretty frequently, usually it's done to help their teammate. Max slowed Vettel down so Ricciardo could catch him a couple of races ago. Didn't hear Paddy Lowe complain about that one

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

poty posted:

It's happens pretty frequently, usually it's done to help their teammate. Max slowed Vettel down so Ricciardo could catch him a couple of races ago. Didn't hear Paddy Lowe complain about that one

Red Bull did it today

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

poty posted:

It's happens pretty frequently, usually it's done to help

So not this then

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poois Shamilton.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just checked the F1 points standings and it looks like Lewis has less points than Nico even though he's supposed to be a better driver than him. Can some of his fanatical British supporters explain?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

poty posted:

Why is the anti-Lewis British media not talking about this? The whole system is rigged

They're too upset about their great white hope Jenson BUTTon ending his career in abject failure to care about our true champion, Our Lewis having his title stolen again.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
This season wasn't that bad when all is said and done. I'm afraid of processions in 2017 due to harder tyres and more aero.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alain Post posted:

I just checked the F1 points standings and it looks like Lewis has less points than Nico even though he's supposed to be a better driver than him. Can some of his fanatical British supporters explain?

Fraud

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

HJB posted:

Once again British nationalism wins out over the 48%
Will people never learn? The popular vote means nothing.

Thankfully our duly elected WDC is already making F1 great again.

Nill fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 27, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Of course the Nico Rosberg fan in this thread thinks that it's wrong to use every skill and resource available to someone in a competition. People should just put in a decent job, follow orders without questioning authority and hope for the best!!! Worked for Rosberg!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Back.

Nico deserved that race, Hamilton drove like a petulant oval office and was not cool at all. Nico is a deserving champion, Are Rossie, WDC.

Checking the results and this seems extremely accurate.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

HJB posted:

Stoffel Vandoorne

My only hope is Mclaren can make a car that can compete with red bull in 2017 so we can have a Benelux battle between Vandoorne and Verstappen.

I know it's a long shot.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Back.

Nico deserved that race, Hamilton drove like a petulant oval office and was not cool at all. Nico is a deserving champion, Are Rossie, WDC.

Hamilton drove a pretty canny race imho and I'm not exactly a fan of the guy. :shrug: I think it would've been a classy move to let Rosberg by on the last lap so that the WDC was on the top step of the podium, but these guys are racing drivers and those stats mean more to them than they probably admit publicly.

What was really good was seeing Rosberg not crack under the pressure. In effect, Hamilton made Rosberg look top class by trying to force him into a mistake and coming up short. For all the mind games and loving around in the press over the last three years, I had a bit of a moment seeing Rosberg finally clinch the title after being with that team since it's most recent inception. Even more so if we all get our wishes of the new regs giving us more of a 2010 type of season next year where it is anybody's guess who could win and Rosberg's best chance has passed him by.

I have to agree with Damon Hill on Salty Sports F1; Rosberg changed at Austin last year. I'm not sure if it was him becoming steelier or Hamilton taking his eye off the ball, but since that race Rosberg has been in the form of his life and it showed this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Alain Post posted:

It's bizarre, I watched SkySalty Sports coverage (because I pay for that poo poo so I'm loving well watching it) and the inherent Lewis bias is shameful. It's as if Brundle is the only guy with any class on that entire team. I then had a quick run through the Channel 4 coverage and it was refreshing to see their pundits (Webber, Coulthard, Wolff) say what a whiny bitch he was being in the pen interviews.

ETA: loving lol Hamilton didn't deny that he threatened to quit after Barcelona. Double lol at Toto Wolff telling both British broadcasters that he should go work for Christian Horner.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 27, 2016

• Locked thread