Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Swan Oat posted:

i would go further and suggest that we put team finance into... the gulag

I like the cut of your jib sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

It would have been stupid.

1. NYC is a liberal city that gives Democrats a lot of power, finance is the home business there. Like it or not team D is team finance.
2. Bankers are socially liberal and that's what counts for liberalism. Goldman Sachs is part of the Human Rights Campaign. Attacking them is attacking the people who finance and give the power to make real social change happen.
3. Attacks against bankers smack too much of attacks against Jews, it's racist and thus we should NEVER engage in it.
4. We don't want working class whites in our party. Their votes will dilute minority votes and we might have to end up taking money from upper class socially liberal whites to give poo poo to white trash.

1. Backwards. NY finance is team d because there will never again be another republican governor, ny mayor, nor ny senator.
2. Not really and lol no. Goldman Sachs gets their dick sucked by hrc (haha, both of them) because they want money; the CEO came out for gay marriage in 2012, two years after gay marriage was supported by a majority of Americans. Social change comes from social change; money is rarely the limiting factor
3. 28% of the Floridian Jewish electorate voted for a man who used blatant anti-Semitic terminology
4. lmbo at all of this

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I like the cut of your jib sir

but what is a jib?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agrajag posted:

but what is a jib?

I think it's a little dance that you do

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Agrajag posted:

but what is a jib?

jib!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the exclamation mark connotates excited dancing

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
el jebe

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

¡Jebe!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
el lucha jibe!

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Fulchrum posted:

They did have a free tier. Expanded medicare.

Oh poo poo, really? How do I sign the gently caress up?

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Agrajag posted:

but what is a jib?

It's a bit like a lepo.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

4. We don't want working class whites in our party. Their votes will dilute minority votes

lmbo at a bunch of people reading this line and still taking this post at face value and engaging earnestly with it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol at the people who still haven't caught on to his gimmick persona yet

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Romney says 43% of the public will never support him.

"haha, what a gaffe, so long, loser!"

Clinton says 25% or more of the electorate is a basket of deplorables

"goddamn media twisting her words and making that sound bad"

He called 43% of the country lazy parasites.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He called 43% of the country lazy parasites.

It was 47%

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay then that guy is a doofus twice I just quoted his own number at him

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

if you read the full quote, it was only a dumb thing to say when the press has the memory of a goldfish and can only process statements in 15 second chunks

hillary clinton of all people would be well aware of this, mate

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lmao @ lame rear end tim kaine

who plays a harmonica

and his wife..ewww

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
g2g scrunchie time

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pon de Bundy posted:

lmao @ lame rear end tim kaine

who plays a harmonica

and his wife..ewww

let's see your wife, buddy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

g2g scrunchie time

What does that even mean

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

MizPiz posted:

But look at what we got instead:

Totally lol, right?

Am I supposed to understand those first three panes?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hollery clinton is just like us u see

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

let's see your wife, buddy

sorry my wife isnt a fat rear end hillbilly like tim kaines

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pon de Bundy posted:

sorry my wife isnt a fat rear end hillbilly like tim kaines

she's married to you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why is she in the hold of that cargo plane..... is this just before trump dumps them out over the atlantic??

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
huma, a muslim, marrying a jew(which is not allowed by religion) is what sunk this campaign *sweats heavily crunching numbers*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

why is she in the hold of that cargo plane..... is this just before trump dumps them out over the atlantic??

Actual video from that plane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrahCm7UIa4

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Agrajag posted:

but what is a jib?

real answer: it's those tiny triangular sails at the front of a sailing ship

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

It would have been stupid.

1. NYC is a liberal city that gives Democrats a lot of power, finance is the home business there. Like it or not team D is team finance.
2. Bankers are socially liberal and that's what counts for liberalism. Goldman Sachs is part of the Human Rights Campaign. Attacking them is attacking the people who finance and give the power to make real social change happen.
3. Attacks against bankers smack too much of attacks against Jews, it's racist and thus we should NEVER engage in it.
4. We don't want working class whites in our party. Their votes will dilute minority votes and we might have to end up taking money from upper class socially liberal whites to give poo poo to white trash.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh thank christ, finally he's getting probate for this tedious gimmick

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you're saying... you're saying i got trolled??

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

poe's law applies quadrupletime in that that's what some posters actually believe

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Weeping Wound posted:

I am going to post this and then I'm going to run away because my fingers nearly broke themselves to try and not look for it.

this is from 2007, to reiterate that nothing has or ever will be learned.

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNtVM8NC1I :nms:

Ah, Hillarymen were ALWAYS intolerable.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fulchrum posted:

You cannot have a party that caters to racists, sexists and homophobes, and that advances causes for disadvantaged and marginalised groups. It just doesn't loving work.

You can have a party that caters to racists, sexists, and homophobes without endorsing racism, sexist, or homophobia.

Because, y'know, all humans need food, shelter, security, healthcare, and employment.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Jive posted:

You can have a party that caters to racists, sexists, and homophobes without endorsing racism, sexist, or homophobia.

Because, y'know, all humans need food, shelter, security, healthcare, and employment.

Foolish Hill Folk would rather do othering of the other side than recognizing that Hillary lost because she overlooked rural americans and working class voters.

It's crazy how counties which Obama won by very large margins got won by Trump in this election.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

Foolish Hill Folk would rather do othering of the other side than recognizing that Hillary lost because she overlooked rural americans and working class voters.

It's crazy how counties which Obama won by very large margins got won by Trump in this election.

Spoiler alert: Trump and the GOP squad are going to make everything awful for everyone and in 2020 the Dems will STILL lose because they will choose a lovely centrist that runs entirely on the "I'm not Trump" platform because dammit this is the election where it will work!

Edit: Oh and lovely centrist candidate's supporters will lap it all up and gloat at the inevitable Trump defeat until midnight of Election Day and then spend the next several weeks blaming everyone else but their awful candidate.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
hillery meme remind me when marge simpson try to be hip and cool.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Jive posted:

And the aforementioned groups have proven over and over and over again that those needs are not enough to make them support the rights for anyone different to themselves.

We've been over this. 24% of Americans would agree to live in a box underneath a bridge using a curtain rod to cook a sparrow over a garbage fire, so long as you can guarantee them that the family under the next bridge, who is different to them in some way, doesn't get a rod, a sparrow or a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Spoiler alert: Trump and the GOP squad are going to make everything awful for everyone and in 2020 the Dems will STILL lose because they will choose a lovely centrist that runs entirely on the "I'm not Trump" platform because dammit this is the election where it will work!

Edit: Oh and lovely centrist candidate's supporters will lap it all up and gloat at the inevitable Trump defeat until midnight of Election Day and then spend the next several weeks blaming everyone else but their awful candidate.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

Half of us will be yelling at eachother for not supporting the boring center candidate, and the other half will be yelling for not supporting the exact version of Left that they do

the circle of life

• Locked thread