Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
How do you guys clear daily missions where you only have a garbo deck?

Since you are only allowed to reroll once per day, it's kinda hard for me as the only viable deck I have is budget banner sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

shoc77 posted:

Since you are only allowed to reroll once per day, it's kinda hard for me as the only viable deck I have is budget banner sword.

Either try to do it in take two, or just put your nose to the loving grindstone in unranked.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Clarste posted:

I played Earth Rite for a long time and hated Elana/Seraph. You can never count on drawing petrifies when it counts, and your game plan of outlasting the opponent with value is something they're simply better at. I definitely considered it my worst match-up, until PtP decks started filling the ladder at higher ranks.

This is the only time I've had that matchup where they didn't have an embarassment of riches at hand, re: Petrify. Maybe the previous games weren't representative of how it goes with a larger sample, but this matchup definitely hasn't gone my way most of the time.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

shoc77 posted:

there are a LOT of bad players in the low ranks, you shouldn't have too much problem with a deck that isn't strictly 'in the meta', since from what I've heard that doesn't really start applying til the mid-upper B ranks (i'm still D myself but crushing it with a lovely lovely rune deck with none of the class legendaries)

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I rerolled for about a half hour and got Crystalia Tia, Lord of the Flies, Dark Angel Olivia, Sun Oracle Pascale, 2x Alexander, Enstatued Seraph, and Gabriel from the initial 35 packs. I figured that was pretty good, so I saved it, linked it to my Steam account, logged on there, and got another 10 packs. This time I got Cerberus, Lord Atomy, Mythril Golem, and Zirnitra. All told, 12 legendaries from 45 packs, and apparently mostly good ones according to the OP. I probably just used up all my luck I'll ever get for this game.

They really throw packs at you in the intro. 45 packs is pretty generous to start with.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

shoc77 posted:

I don't have any decks that are considered good but I can clear them without much trouble in unranked.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

shoc77 posted:

Make extremely aggressive decks with whatever crap you have and just play. Unranked is always available and ranked has all sorts of lousy players until the B-ranks. Sooner or later you'll get a great start and your opponent will either draw badly or (more rarely) be playing a silly deck.

pyrotek posted:

I rerolled for about a half hour and got Crystalia Tia, Lord of the Flies, Dark Angel Olivia, Sun Oracle Pascale, 2x Alexander, Enstatued Seraph, and Gabriel from the initial 35 packs. I figured that was pretty good, so I saved it, linked it to my Steam account, logged on there, and got another 10 packs. This time I got Cerberus, Lord Atomy, Mythril Golem, and Zirnitra. All told, 12 legendaries from 45 packs, and apparently mostly good ones according to the OP. I probably just used up all my luck I'll ever get for this game.

They really throw packs at you in the intro. 45 packs is pretty generous to start with.

You already have more Legendaries than me, and I've been playing for almost a month. You can get an extra 20 rolls or so by clearing the hardest difficulty solo mode battles and story mode and so.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got a bunch of Haven quests so I had to make the deck I wanted since I rolled a Seraph and Odin... hybrid haven. This thing has 3 completely different win conditions with either aggro (beastcaller), elana, or seraph and I've gotten disconnects to all three of them on drop. :lol::lol::lol:

And it deals incredibly well with regular Elana (they never expect me to Elana back, they think I am aggro) and Storm haven thanks to the healing. The best thing is that it is actually not straight-forward to play and you have to adapt.

I mean, this storm haven rear end in a top hat will think this is the mirror and doesn't have any idea of how loving screwed he is. (granted, he didn't draw well but it doesn't matter)

Yup, that's my deck against storm haven at 20 hp in round 8, having taken 2 garudas and birds and who knows what else to the face, this is so bullshit. And I'm loving it

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 26, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
not sure how to beat dragoncraft as runecraft

they just ramp into insane stat cards and i can't really maintain board control when they have such huge mana leads over me

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

General Morden posted:

not sure how to beat dragoncraft as runecraft

they just ramp into insane stat cards and i can't really maintain board control when they have such huge mana leads over me

whats your decklist. I'm pretty happy seeing midrange dragoncraft as dshift.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well I'm sure glad I can reroll. I got a Gabriel, 2 dragonsong flutes, Blood Dominator, and Soul Devourer (or whatever the 6/4 for 4 that halves your life on placement is called for blood craft). Got 3 Neptune's so that looks like a wash.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

After a zillion nearly theres, finally got my first 5-0 in Take 2. It was as Havencraft!

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...922.65GMy.61SE6

Got a pack and 280 gold for it. Got to kill someone with Satan and someone with Ding Dong. Good times.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Were the :shittydog: what carried you to 5-0

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Were the :shittydog: what carried you to 5-0

It got me a win against forest when I just plopped a shield dog and the 3-cost amulet that blows up weenies. (They could have made efficient trades otherwise) They just gave up and walked away from the game. I got lethal with Ding Dong.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 26, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Boy I sure love Storm Haven when they get perfect curve:

Sacred Plea
Beastcall Aria
Divine Birdsong
Priest of the Cudgel
Sacred Hound/Beastcall Aria
Winged Sentinel Garuda

If you got a poo poo hand, I just want to instant concede by turn 4.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Them Dance of Death/Garuda/Moon openers.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I got 2 Garuda, 2 reina, animated Alexander, Olivia, 2 vampire princess, Pascale, Mordecai, 2 Azazel and an assortment of random stuff, should I keep it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably not

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, I think my hybrid heaven deck may be a bit too annoying for B rank. Three disconnects in a row, all from haven, which got out-cancered. :smugdog:

I am starting to doubt that there are other classes around, been ages since I've seen Vania, tits, or the goth girl.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How rare is it to have something like 2 tia show up during the free pulls?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

How rare is it to have something like 2 tia show up during the free pulls?

I got 2 tia and 2 olivia in mine :) it happens if you try enough. Wish I had gotten 2 merlins tho but I can't complain

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Tfw you pressure an opponent into giving up solely using fairies.

I had no real plan after that turn, but I'll take the win.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allarion posted:

Tfw you pressure an opponent into giving up solely using fairies.

I had no real plan after that turn, but I'll take the win.

Think Rowen!

Anyways, Seraph/Elana hybrid still doing great, finally fought that elusive beast... control haven. Or at least that's what I guess it was, besides the typical priests and so on the other cards were:

Execution x2
Death Sentence x2 (comboed with Hallowed Dogma)
Themis x2
Seraph
Holy water x3
Goblin Mount
Prism x2
Snake Priest x2
Sister Initiate x2

So yeah, I ate *all* that loving removal plus the cudgel priests, Jesus! that was infuriating, my own Themis was a completely dead card. Dude executed my Elana as soon as he got the card and dropped a Seraph on 9, which would have been a certain win but I had Odin in my hand so I just let it live for a turn (a mistake, to be honest) and banished it. A couple of turns later I dropped my own Seraph so the dude used his 3 holy waters in a row trying to get another copy to outrace mine, but I guess he didn't have enough accelerators because he conceded a turn afterwards.

Still undefeated against Haven (the reason I built this deck), which is great because more than half my matches are against them.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, only let Seraphs live a turn if you see that they have no cards in their hand, or if they're on the verge of winning through face damage alone. I give this advice solely cause I run a hybrid Seraph deck myself, and can usually finish a game in one turn with Seraph.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I got 2 Garuda, 2 reina, animated Alexander, Olivia, 2 vampire princess, Pascale, Mordecai, 2 Azazel and an assortment of random stuff, should I keep it?

golds are only 800 vials to craft vs the 3500 for legendaries, so they don't really factor in. If you're going to bother re-rolling you wanna end up with (ideally) 5+ legendaries, a couple of them higher tier.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i actually won a game today despite ptp being active for 2 turns. had the 2 alwidas i needed and luckily he didnt pull another ward or ptp after his altered fate.

then i watched a stream and saw 2 similar dirt rune ptp decks. wonder if someone won a tournament with that or something

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I saw a guy get to 29 shadows, play a PtP and concede. Little did he know that I would have killed him anyway with Storm followers in my hand.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

That is literally the worst draw RNG I've witnessed in Shadowverse to date. I have three Path to Purgatory and they were all in my last four draws.

I died to a second Silver Bolt next turn, or I would have known if they were actually in the last three draws.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 27, 2016

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm just opening a new account and I re-rolled:

2x Crystalia Tia
1x Moon Al mi'raj
1x Sun Oracle Pascale
1x Lord of the Flies
1x Mithril Golem

Given that 35 packs are different from the 25 in the OP was wondering if this was a decent outcome. (I can't figure out how to save the XML)

Forestcraft is 100% the class I'm most interested in because it seems like a well-made version of Rogue in HS, and I also got three Elf Girl Lizas so I'm probably going to stick with this

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 27, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

You could do better if you tried longer probably but 2 Tia is definitely a good start for a forest deck, you'll want ancient elves too but those are in the base set which you get less free packs of do getting both is pretty unlikely I think.

Got to try Prince of darkness in arena, man that thing is like golden monkey on steroids. Only saw a few cards but 5 mana 13/13s end the game pretty quick

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Indecisive posted:

You could do better if you tried longer probably but 2 Tia is definitely a good start for a forest deck, you'll want ancient elves too but those are in the base set which you get less free packs of do getting both is pretty unlikely I think.

Got to try Prince of darkness in arena, man that thing is like golden monkey on steroids. Only saw a few cards but 5 mana 13/13s end the game pretty quick
Yeah this was my first re-roll and I said gently caress it. Forestcraft seems to have been an ambitious choice though given how expensive some of the core cards are, we'll see how it goes.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

welcome to the dark side No Wave, good to see other herthstone refugees inhere.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I had pretty much completely lost interest in Hearthstone (aside from watching youtube vids I guess) but decided to give Shadowverse a shot and was completely blown away by how much fun I had.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

enstatued seraph is terrifying to deal with as a beginner

actually i'm wondering why amulet destruction cards don't really come with the base set of cards for new players

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

General Morden posted:

actually i'm wondering why amulet destruction cards don't really come with the base set of cards for new players

Well, you got stuff like execution, but that's mainly for use against non-countdown amulets. The main problem is you don't want to destroy haven amulets, you want to banish them, and that's costly to do in general. Making cheap banish amulet cards would hurt haven decks a lot though probably, and make odin kinda worthless

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

General Morden posted:

Because destroying a seraph is something you'll only do once.

e:too slow

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I think it's a conscious decision to not allow free/cheap amulet removal into the game. I don't think they want something like acidic swamp ooze in the game where everyone just throws it into their deck. The only neutral amulet removals are execution and odin, one is a slow legendary and the other is a choice you have to make to use it in your deck instead of other 5pp removals.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

hearthstone really warped my perception of stat and mana values of cards

i keep wanting 2 mana cards to be at least 2/3 or 3/2 and so on

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

General Morden posted:

hearthstone really warped my perception of stat and mana values of cards

i keep wanting 2 mana cards to be at least 2/3 or 3/2 and so on

Oh god this. I was desperately trying to find a 4 drop with yeti stats when I first tried to make a deck in the game.

This perception still fucks me when I'm making picks in T2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I will say the extent to which I'm seeing full-on 30k control netdecks (with emoting and BM) at beginner 2 is at least familiar.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 27, 2016

• Locked thread