Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Only a handful of owls left!

No females remain, but the males have Destiny Knots all the same.

If you'd like one of these Rowlets for yourself, add me at 2337-8002-5560 and then send me a PM with your FC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm scared of evolving my Stufful, guys.

HuggyBear is my friend

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What the gently caress is a destiny knot

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Destiny... not!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

greatn posted:

If you don't already know, you aren't far enough down the rabbit hole to want one

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

kojei posted:

Only a handful of owls left!

No females remain, but the males have Destiny Knots all the same.

If you'd like one of these Rowlets for yourself, add me at 2337-8002-5560 and then send me a PM with your FC.
I would like a Destiny Knot attached to a smol borb

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

greatn posted:

It makes it so if a Pokémon uses an attract type move on one holding it, both Pokémon get infatuated

Oh and it also makes it so 5 ivs get passed down to a baby Pokémon from the parents while breeding, but who cares about that

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

greatn posted:

It's a hold item that's practically useless in battle, but when it's held by a pokemon that's being bred, the child will inherit five IVs from its parents instead of the usual three. It's incredibly useful for breeding high IV pokemon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

odd.
Anyways, I'm online now, whenever you're ready.
Yeah, it'll be a few more hours - out and about and running a Tauros in circles while I do stuff :(

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Anime Rowlet is cute and lives in Ash's backpack

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, it'll be a few more hours - out and about and running a Tauros in circles while I do stuff :(
That's fine. I ain't got anything I'm doing today anyways.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

I would like a Destiny Knot attached to a smol borb

Post your FC for burd

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I've looked for Castform in the past but no dice. I tried to look on the same route that Goomy would show up in during the rain, is that not the proper way to do it? Just in any weather it might show up? Rain seems like the most harmless one to look in. I need one for my Pokedex, but if it's just a useful bargaining chip I would gladly start breeding a bunch.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

kojei posted:

Post your FC for burd
It was in my sig, but I guess you have those disabled, then?
anywho - For Pokemon Sun, my FC is 1263-6844-1789, and my name is Allison.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Beast Ball HA Mareanie get. Now I have to get the right nature on it and poop out some babies, but then I'll be free to give people some in like five hours. Quote me with FC if you want one!

4897 - 7314 - 5821 IGN is Jesus

Please my dude.

4081-5905-8562

Stephen

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ash please stop destroying my dick I just want to unlock the IV checker.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Is there a good way to grind in the early postgame? These people with level 61 teams are pushing my poo poo in something fierce, and the Elite Four got buffed up so that doesn't feel like an option.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

Anime Rowlet is cute and lives in Ash's backpack

:agreed:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

Is there a good way to grind in the early postgame? These people with level 61 teams are pushing my poo poo in something fierce, and the Elite Four got buffed up so that doesn't feel like an option.

Go to the battle buffet at the mall in the first town and you'll have ten turns to fight level 55 trainers with one pokemon each. Make sure you always go for the dishes that have "tall mountain of food". You can also fight the game freak director on the first floor of the dimensional lab (second island) once a day for the oval charm but his team is level 60 though.

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 27, 2016

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

It was in my sig, but I guess you have those disabled, then?
anywho - For Pokemon Sun, my FC is 1263-6844-1789, and my name is Allison.
Apparently the Rowlet sent even with communication error last time, so thanks!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Castform really is a little wish granter isn't it?

I heard you can get literally anything off the GTS for one and yeah I'm pulling UB's and just whatever for the lil marshmallows.

Thanks for the heads up, I luckered into one in my very first sos when I hit the rainy area on third isle.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Alright, so, science project.

I need to catch an Abra with the hidden ability Magic Guard.

Now, I can run Gastly to Mean Look the Abra, but if the Abra summons any buddies I have no way to tell if they have Magic Guard or not. A terrain hazard like Spikes could clarify who has Magic Guard, but Mean Look expires if you switch out the Pokemon that did the Mean Look.

So I need a Pokemon that can drop a terrain hazard (or something otherwise affected by Magic Guard) AND Mean Look. The search is not going well.

edit: I think Magic Guard might work on poison? I might be able to Toxic these drat Abras

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 27, 2016

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Now, I can run Gastly to Mean Look the Abra, but if the Abra summons any buddies I have no way to tell if they have Magic Guard or not. A terrain hazard like Spikes could clarify who has Magic Guard, but Mean Look expires if you switch out the Pokemon that did the Mean Look.

So I need a Pokemon that can drop a terrain hazard (or something otherwise affected by Magic Guard) AND Mean Look. The search is not going well.

Not sure if Mega Gengar exists, but if so you could use it and try Toxic

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

smeargle could trace that stuff couldn't it?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

edit: I think Magic Guard might work on poison? I might be able to Toxic these drat Abras

Trapinch with Sandstorm? Arena Trap works vs Teleport too.

(EDIT: Teleport, not Levitate.)

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 27, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Magic Guard does indeed prevent poison damage.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Goomy I picked up while trying for Gooey HA has four perfect IVs, along with low HP and a trash Sp.D, which is disappointing considering that's Goodra's speciality. This is according to Serebii's S/M IV calculator because I haven't cleared the game yet. Well, at least it's Sassy and I can throw an Assault Vest on it?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

The Goomy I picked up while trying for Gooey HA had four perfect IVs, along with low HP and a trash Sp.D, which is disappointing considering that's Goodra's speciality. Well, at least it's Sassy and I can throw an Assault Vest on it?

That's what Bottle Caps are for! :v:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

That's what Bottle Caps are for! :v:

I've lucked out and won several bottle caps, including a gold one on Festival Plaza, so that's nice!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Blind Pokemon Moon Nuzlocke Attempt #3 Update:

I got to travel through a huge cavern and watch Lillie anime all over the place before being slapped in the face by another totem Pokemon and another large heaping dose of PLOT.

But no deaths during the entire gauntlet! The game has informed me the next step is the Pokemon League fight against the four Kahunas, so we'll see how that goes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Manatee Cannon posted:

smeargle could trace that stuff couldn't it?
Always Smeargle.

Either Mean Look a wild Smeargle and switch your Smeargle in after it Sketches, or make your Gastly forget everything else and have a wild Ditto Transform into it and then switch your Smeargle in!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

What ARE the most preferred natures for Goodra? Just want to know before I start breeding beastly Goomy this evening.

I'm about to breed a couple Beast Ball Goomy, with an attempt at either 4 or 6 perfect IVs, please let me know if you'd like one. Still looking for recommendations on the preferred nature(s). Also looking for suggestions on desirable egg moves, if any.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

I'm about to breed a couple Beast Ball Goomy, with an attempt at either 4 or 6 perfect IVs, please let me know if you'd like one. Still looking for recommendations on the preferred nature(s). Also looking for suggestions on desirable egg moves, if any.

I would like one, although I am running out of nice stuff to offer in return. :( Don't suppose you want a HA Paras?

Checking Smogon, it seems that depending on the set there's a lot of viable natures for Goodra, and with the meta still not quite settled it's hard to say what the one optimal nature is I think.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

I would like one, although I am running out of nice stuff to offer in return. :( Don't suppose you want a HA Paras?

Checking Smogon, it seems that depending on the set there's a lot of viable natures for Goodra, and with the meta still not quite settled it's hard to say what the one optimal nature is I think.

Interesting! Well they will probably be Calm or Sassy then (perhaps Careful as well).

I will definitely take a HA Paras. I love those big ol bug eyes. Too bad the evolution is yucky.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

goodra is gonna have a hard time doing anything until uu is actually formed

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What do natures do. Also do temperaments do anything.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ruggington posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

greatn posted:

Natures boost one stat by 10% and reduce another by 10%. The stat screen will show the increased stat in pink and the decreased stat in blue

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ruggington posted:

Tiers don't exist in battle spot, which is the only way to battle with in-game mons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

greatn posted:

Temperament is just an awful holdover from the dark days when you couldn't check IVs. It tells you something about the best IV of the Pokemon, but has no actual effect.