Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I assume it's the old 6 IV shiny "caught in the wild"?

also omg this sneasel is shiny it's gorgeous I don't even care it's so pink it's like a Sonic the Hedgehog character, Estelle you're the best

It was bold, so it offended me.

(Yes I know, it's still shiny, but it offended me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I assume it's the old 6 IV shiny "caught in the wild"?

also omg this sneasel is shiny it's gorgeous I don't even care it's so pink it's like a Sonic the Hedgehog character, Estelle you're the best

I actually have no idea, I claimed it at 5am for a Corsola and I have no regrets.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

tyblazitar, Vanilla Ice is not a Paras!

So sorry, I completely forgot what I'd promised you, getting really tired. I have the Paras, I'll remember this time.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

All right, first batch of Calm Regenerator Haze Beast Ball Mareanies is done! They all have 31 IV in Defense and Special Defense, some have some atk and/or spatk 31s, some have ~27-30 HP and/or speed. I figured two perfects and the right ball and egg move and nature and Hidden Ability was sufficient. (Plus I kept the two best ones for future parents.)

Thank you! My collection just became a little more awesome.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

So sorry, I completely forgot what I'd promised you, getting really tired. I have the Paras, I'll remember this time.

I enjoyed seeing your other pokemon, though :)

Please do let me know how the Goomy's IVs are!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I'll take that eggexcute off your hands! I have HA Vulpix in Dive Ball with Freeze-dry+Moonblast. You'll have to give me about half an hour though, I'm currently trading Goomy.

(I can also immediately breed the eggexcute for DACK FAYDEN if he's interested since it seems I might be stealing it from him)

Aight Note! Let's do business! Can you give me your friend code?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Going offline to breed a few more Mareanies!

Still waiting on:

quote:

5412-9913-6768, Simon
3926-6017-3031, Omoly
2466-2495-3978, Andrew
2681-0594-7193, a g-g-ghost!
1263-6844-1789, Allison
4081-5905-8562, Stephen
4768-7629-8819, what's your IGN? I will just trade any name I don't recognize lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
new poo poo team, apparently with a blatant scarf nidoking(?????) weakness

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484688939

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

I enjoyed seeing your other pokemon, though :)

Please do let me know how the Goomy's IVs are!

For some reason I thought I'd already traded you the Paras and you just wanted something better than the Vanillite. :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the Goomy! The one I got is maxed in Attack and Speed, Very Good in Sp. Attack, Pretty good in Sp. Defense and Decent HP.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Breeding a Timid female Salandit only took me a couple hours. I hate everyone who encountered a Timid/Modest one in the wild.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
i poop fire and supremezero, I am online right now if you want to trade :)

tyblazitar posted:

For some reason I thought I'd already traded you the Paras and you just wanted something better than the Vanillite. :sweatdrop:

Thanks for the Goomy! The one I got is maxed in Attack and Speed, Very Good in Sp. Attack, Pretty good in Sp. Defense and Decent HP.

Darn and here I was hoping for a perfect Ditto. Oh well, back to breeding the four IV Goomy then instead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Finally got some battle spot time in, and here my thoughts on the team I haphazardly put together with no thoughts to synergy.

Underperformers:
Pheromosa--I suspect she's just worse in 3v3 than 6v6. She doesn't have the bulk to push through her bad matchups like more traditional sweepers can
Mega-Salamence--Just use Garchomp

Overperformers:
Garchomp--<3
Primarina--water/ice/fairy is incredible coverage and she hits like a goddamn truck. No speed but a lot of special bulk, and reflect to help out on the physical side

Not sure yet:
Celesteela--Just haven't deployed it enough to really have an opinion yet
Nihilego--When it's good, it's good, but its type coverage is utter crap. I've seen some people giving it a Z-crystal to help with getting that crucial first beast boost, which might be better than using specs like I am

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

Darn and here I was hoping for a perfect Ditto. Oh well, back to breeding the four IV Goomy then instead.
Oh, if you were wondering, mine's perfect HP/atk/spd and "very good" sp. atk. Not too shabby.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So far I have Primarina, Alolan Marowak, Golisopod, Minior, and Bewear, looking for a good buddy to occupy the 6th spot. Am I missing any important coverages? Glaring weaknesses? I feel like I need another good special attacker so I don't get totally blocked by physical walls but right now I'm drawing a blank.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Still waiting on:

Yooo I guess my post got missed

If you have the extras, FC is 3540 - 3212 - 3949, in game name is Liberty. Not picky about nature or gender, just need that sweet, sweet Regenerator.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, if you were wondering, mine's perfect HP/atk/spd and "very good" sp. atk. Not too shabby.

Interesting! I'd actually forgotten that Destiny Knots only transfer over 3 IVs (not all 6) so I guess I'll have no real way of confirming perfect pokebabies until I clear the game. As tyblazitar only got two perfect IVs that means the Shiny Ditto is not totally perfect but is still :perfect: to me.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Note Block posted:

The Goomy I got from you was 31/31/~18ish/31/31/31 so that Ditto probably is maxed out.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So far I have Primarina, Alolan Marowak, Golisopod, Minior, and Bewear, looking for a good buddy to occupy the 6th spot. Am I missing any important coverages? Glaring weaknesses? I feel like I need another good special attacker so I don't get totally blocked by physical walls but right now I'm drawing a blank.

It feels like most of the new mons are physical attackers.Notable exceptions include Vikavolt and Alazzle, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Note Block posted:

Interesting! I'd actually forgotten that Destiny Knots only transfer over 3 IVs (not all 6) so I guess I'll have no real way of confirming perfect pokebabies until I clear the game.

Actually I think they transfer 5.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yooo I guess my post got missed

If you have the extras, FC is 3540 - 3212 - 3949, in game name is Liberty. Not picky about nature or gender, just need that sweet, sweet Regenerator.
Oh poo poo, I did miss it! I'll breed you one too. Nature's trivial, since the parents are Everstone+Destiny Knot holding.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr. Funktastic posted:

you could try special kommo-o. clanging scales is p. good or you can just drop a meteor on them, plus flamethrower

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

i poop fire posted:

The Goomy I got from you was 31/31/~18ish/31/31/31 so that Ditto probably is maxed out.

Bless you, HA Shiny jpn Ditto from GTS at 5am

Supremezero posted:

Actually I think they transfer 5.

Excellent! I am going to keep breeding the Goomy back into itself until it's perfect and then the army of pudding monsters can RISE

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I'm starting up my Moon run and wanted to trade over some of my babies from Sun - you know, throw up early route trash mons and ask for a good one in return, then go to the other game and try to trade with myself from there.

But I'm not showing up as a potential trade partner about 75% of the time. It's kind of bumming me out.

Side note - when you trade with yourself, the avatar that shows up in the castle is identical to the one you're using in that game, not the one you traded from. So my Moon avatar gave my Moon avatar friend coins.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Where's the NPC that takes a picture of you for the thumbnail that shows up when Link Trading again? I remember it happening after a haircut at the Salon but can you get one for free?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Note Block posted:

Interesting! I'd actually forgotten that Destiny Knots only transfer over 3 IVs (not all 6) so I guess I'll have no real way of confirming perfect pokebabies until I clear the game. As tyblazitar only got two perfect IVs that means the Shiny Ditto is not totally perfect but is still :perfect: to me.
Yeah, they transfer 5. But it's 5IVs randomly selected for both parents.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
What is the goon consensus on sun and moon so far? I've played the game for about 6-7 hours and have made it to the second island, but I don't know how much I enjoy it so far. I think I prefer several things from ORAS including the storyline/gym style of play. It also seems like this game is way too slow compared to previous generations. I also really liked the dexnav and thought that was a really nice feature so I'm surprised they got rid of it. I mean I guess change is okay but there is like no way I would ever replay a game like this based on how slow the beginning of this game is.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

What is the goon consensus on sun and moon so far? I've played the game for about 6-7 hours and have made it to the second island, but I don't know how much I enjoy it so far. I think I prefer several things from ORAS including the storyline/gym style of play. It also seems like this game is way too slow compared to previous generations. I also really liked the dexnav and thought that was a really nice feature so I'm surprised they got rid of it. I mean I guess change is okay but there is like no way I would ever replay a game like this based on how slow the beginning of this game is.

It's real good, pal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Every pokemon game is two steps forward, one step back

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheetah7071 posted:

Every pokemon game is two steps forward, one step back
I'd say this one is more like four steps forward, since it really is a vast improvement in a lot of ways... but if the ORAS team was involved in it they sure as hell didn't push hard enough to make it show.

e: going online now to trade out more Mareanies! My current list:

quote:

5412-9913-6768, Simon
3926-6017-3031, Omoly
2466-2495-3978, Andrew
2681-0594-7193, a g-g-ghost!
1263-6844-1789, Allison
4081-5905-8562, Stephen
4768-7629-8819, don't know IGN
3540-3212-3949, Liberty
5069-4278-0618, Neph
1934-1587-3632, Rudoku

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 28, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's my favourite pokemon game.

I miss dexnav though, yeah.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I need to get farther so I can get in on these dope rear end trades

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Still waiting on:

Awesome man, I just woke up from a nap. What time will you be back? Your in game name is Jesus, right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Awesome man, I just woke up from a nap. What time will you be back? Your in game name is Jesus, right?
I just got back online with a fresh batch, actually! And yes, I'm Jesus. It wasn't as funny in this game as in previous gens, but Kukui still yells "Jesus!" when you try to use the wrong items indoors.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thanks for the Mareanie!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just got back online with a fresh batch, actually! And yes, I'm Jesus. It wasn't as funny in this game as in previous gens, but Kukui still yells "Jesus!" when you try to use the wrong items indoors.

Could I get in on one of these? My FC is 0387-8872-9394, IGN is Crimson.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DACK FAYDEN what do you want for the Mareanie? I could give you some random shitmon if you're doing a giveaway, or I can go whip you up a Vulpix.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The SOS mechanic is cool in theory but as soon as you want a castform or a goomy or a Mareanie it's just the loving worst and I want to loving die, man.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Thanks, Jesus

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ROFL Octopus posted:

DACK FAYDEN what do you want for the Mareanie? I could give you some random shitmon if you're doing a giveaway, or I can go whip you up a Vulpix.
I have Vulpixes with Moonblast and Freeze-Dry, any old poo poo is fine :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sockser posted:

The SOS mechanic is cool in theory but as soon as you want a castform or a goomy or a Mareanie it's just the loving worst and I want to loving die, man.

I'm on Exeggutor island, it is raining, I have used an adrenaline orb, and I'm killing each exeggcute after it calls for help, then killing the next one after it calls for help

Am I doing this right? I should see a castform at some point, right?