Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

slave to my cravings posted:

What is the goon consensus on sun and moon so far? I've played the game for about 6-7 hours and have made it to the second island, but I don't know how much I enjoy it so far. I think I prefer several things from ORAS including the storyline/gym style of play. It also seems like this game is way too slow compared to previous generations. I also really liked the dexnav and thought that was a really nice feature so I'm surprised they got rid of it. I mean I guess change is okay but there is like no way I would ever replay a game like this based on how slow the beginning of this game is.

Best gen overall imo.

There's a few features missing that are sorely missed, but things like Ride pokemon and some other qol things make up for that.

The story also starts off slow with all the hand holding but once it gets going it's really good. Best characters, best humor, best villains... Great world and level curve too.

Gyms vs. totem mons is kind of a wash. Gyms have more of a 'mini-dungeon' type feel with trainers and whatnot and end in a (sometimes) tough leader battle, but with the totems and challenges they were more free to vary the experience, and the totem pokemon are tough in a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'd say this one is more like four steps forward, since it really is a vast improvement in a lot of ways... but if the ORAS team was involved in it they sure as hell didn't push hard enough to make it show.

e: going online now to trade out more Mareanies! My current list:

Thanks! Going to probably do this guy, Garchomp, and not sure what else as a first dip into Battle Tree.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have Vulpixes with Moonblast and Freeze-Dry, any old poo poo is fine :shobon:

Ok thanks! I'll be online whenever you're ready.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

I'm on Exeggutor island, it is raining, I have used an adrenaline orb, and I'm killing each exeggcute after it calls for help, then killing the next one after it calls for help

Am I doing this right? I should see a castform at some point, right?
You can leave the same Exeggcute alive for multiple calls, but yeah, that seems right!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have Vulpixes with Moonblast and Freeze-Dry, any old poo poo is fine :shobon:

could I get one of those?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How do you even get Castform? Just find a route where there is a weather effect, then chain an SOS fight until one of the help calls is a Castform? I need a good trade fodder for completing my living dex. Maraenie was working up until I started asking for really rare stuff.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

What is the goon consensus on sun and moon so far? I've played the game for about 6-7 hours and have made it to the second island, but I don't know how much I enjoy it so far. I think I prefer several things from ORAS including the storyline/gym style of play. It also seems like this game is way too slow compared to previous generations.
I love a lot of things about this game but it is definitely slow and erratically paced at times, the battles seem to go by really slowly

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I currently have a Castform asking for Cosmog. Gonna check on it before the day ends, but I wonder if that's asking too much. Apparently someone else got a Lunala though so maybe not?

I actually got my own Castform by looking for it on the GTS itself and one person was asking for a Glaceon. Joke's on you, that's super easy to get. I even replaced the one I had within like 10 minutes.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you even get Castform? Just find a route where there is a weather effect, then chain an SOS fight until one of the help calls is a Castform? I need a good trade fodder for completing my living dex. Maraenie was working up until I started asking for really rare stuff.

I just flew around until I found a route where it was raining

And now I'm a solid 40 exeggcutes deep with no sign of the bastarc

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Internet Kraken posted:

I also highly recommend Porygons for your cryptocurrency needs

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Flopsy posted:

Aight Note! Let's do business! Can you give me your friend code?

FC: 5129-2001-9949 R*O*C*K*S / IGN is Athena

I'll be online in just a bit. My only Vulpix on hand right now is male, is this alright? I can breed up some more to try for a female if you are interested in that more.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I also highly recommend Porygons for your cryptocurrency needs

Don't you just have to talk to someone to get one

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Eagle posted:

could I get one of those?
Sure! You're 1950-7970-5908, right? What's your in-game name?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Lufus. I'll hop online.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Thanks for the Mareanie! You even gave me a female :kimchi:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DACK FAYDEN - Can I get one of those Mareanie? I don't really have anything good to trade. Or uh, know how to trade. I guess I'll youtube it if you're willing to trade

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Eagle posted:

Lufus. I'll hop online.
Got ya. It's female, but bad nature, so you'll have to breed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

DACK FAYDEN - Can I get one of those Mareanie? I don't really have anything good to trade. Or uh, know how to trade. I guess I'll youtube it if you're willing to trade
Yeah, sure! Add me to your Friends List in the DS menu, then go to Festival Plaza, click the wifi icon in the bottom right, connect to the internet, then the big Trade button, then Link Trade.

What's your FC? I'm 4897 - 7314 - 5821.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Why was I under the impression that my Nihilego was max speed when it clearly isn't on the judge screen

Time to hyper train I guess, a Nihilego that can't outspeed Garchomp is pretty bad. Any idea where the breakpoint is when it starts being faster to grind BP for rare candies than to grind the E4 for exp?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i love this stupid team so much

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484730036

here's the exportable if you want to look at the specifics or make suggestions, particularly for mega zam's set

quote:

nothings faster (Zygarde-10%) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Iron Tail
- Outrage

mega strongbad (Bisharp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

comfy guy inside (Tapu Lele) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

2spoon (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Encore

settle down beavis (Archeops) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

zuum/plant (Kommo-o) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, sure! Add me to your Friends List in the DS menu, then go to Festival Plaza, click the wifi icon in the bottom right, connect to the internet, then the big Trade button, then Link Trade.

What's your FC? I'm 4897 - 7314 - 5821.

It made me update my DS, sorry! I'm 2723-9256-0832

EDIT: I have added you and am in the Festival Plaza.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'd say this one is more like four steps forward, since it really is a vast improvement in a lot of ways... but if the ORAS team was involved in it they sure as hell didn't push hard enough to make it show.

e: going online now to trade out more Mareanies! My current list:

im the don't know name one on there and its just the same as my SA username

Edit: Much obliged

Blhue fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 28, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It made me update my DS, sorry! I'm 2723-9256-0832

EDIT: I have added you and am in the Festival Plaza.
I will add you back and be online to trade as soon as I'm done with Blhue!

edit: also Simon and a g-g-ghost! I have some males for you guys too.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I traded castforms for a couple of Zygarde-doggo forms and vaporized them to finish my Zygarde 100% form. I don't know why I didn't think that would work.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

i poop fire posted:

I traded castforms for a couple of Zygarde-doggo forms and vaporized them to finish my Zygarde 100% form. I don't know why I didn't think that would work.
Holy poo poo, really? I didn't know you could do that. What the gently caress. I have to do that once I get some extra Cosmogs. I'm at loving 99/100 :eng99:

(Arrg, are you online? Not seeing you on my list.)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Holy poo poo, really? I didn't know you could do that. What the gently caress. I have to do that once I get some extra Cosmogs. I'm at loving 99/100 :eng99:

(Arrg, are you online? Not seeing you on my list.)

Oh, no. I wasn't. Getting on now.

EDIT: Sent you a trade request.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Oh, no. I wasn't. Getting on now.

EDIT: Sent you a trade request.
Oh my god, that's what's causing it. If both people send theirs, one doesn't go through and the other one times out because the first one hasn't gone through. GAME FREAK.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

FC: 5129-2001-9949 R*O*C*K*S / IGN is Athena

I'll be online in just a bit. My only Vulpix on hand right now is male, is this alright? I can breed up some more to try for a female if you are interested in that more.

That's perfectly fine. My main interest is to have this guy ready to breed when my dittos are released from the bank.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh my god, that's what's causing it. If both people send theirs, one doesn't go through and the other one times out because the first one hasn't gone through. GAME FREAK.

Awesome! Thank you so much!

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yep. Once its 100% you can't separate it, so be ready to save-scum for the nature you want. If your 50% is already correctly natured, then you can just smear the other cells on your existing Zygarde and he'll keep his moves/evs/ivs.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't you just have to talk to someone to get one

Yeah, people are silly

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Why would you ever not use 10% zygarde doggo? he's the best doggo.

e:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

i poop fire posted:

Wait, you can do that? Holy poo poo.
Though, I wonder what happens to the overworld zygarde blobs? Do they just sit there, unable to get sucked into the cube?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

i poop fire posted:

Yep. Once its 100% you can't separate it, so be ready to save-scum for the nature you want. If your 50% is already correctly natured, then you can just smear the other cells on your existing Zygarde and he'll keep his moves/evs/ivs.
Pfft, natures. Who cares about Pokemon that are banned in everything but Ubers?

(that's still super sweet that you can do that)

Simon and a g-g-ghost!, I'm going to get some dinner, I'll post again when I'm back if you still want your Mareanies - certainly no rush, they're not going anywhere. I also have three spares already bred if anyone else wants in and can make more at will. Again, that's 31 Def, 31 SpDef, Haze as an egg move, Calm nature, Hidden Ability (Regenerator), Beast Ball Mareanie.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I have sun and my friend has moon. He wants both a solgaleo and lunala with his ID because ~~~Aesthetic~~~. If he trades me his cosmoem and I evolve it will it become solgaleo because it's in sun or lunala because it came from moon?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This explains a lot.

Game freak: masters of online game design.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Man, it's so much easier to dig into the more competitive scene now. Poké Pelago can max out EVs with ease and you can earn the ability to look at IVs directly from your PC boxes. Bottle caps can max out deficient IVs and Synchronize Abras and Everstones are easy to get a hold of. For the first time ever, I feel like I know what I'm doing (without having to dig into tedious menus).

I strode into the Battle Tree fully expecting to get whipped, but I made it through all 20 matches and got three of the Power items for breeding. I can't wait to transfer all my 2-3 perfect IV Pokémon from X and Y's friend safari.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I have sun and my friend has moon. He wants both a solgaleo and lunala with his ID because ~~~Aesthetic~~~. If he trades me his cosmoem and I evolve it will it become solgaleo because it's in sun or lunala because it came from moon?
It'll be a Solgaleo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Wait, you can do that? Holy poo poo.
Though, I wonder what happens to the overworld zygarde blobs? Do they just sit there, unable to get sucked into the cube?

Your cell count stays the same X/100 as before, your cube just has 100%+ available. The cells don't go anywhere and you can still go grab all 100 green skulltulas later.