Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

E-flat posted:

wait, you can get consistently 45 FC from something besides type matchup?

No because nobody will join you but there are some that give a max of 50 points in 2 minutes and are way easier like, find all the people wearing green or whatever. If people joined them they'd be faster but nobody does soooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why Happy Hour? Is there no other Normal type stat-buffing-when-Z'd move Greninja gets?

Happy Hour is the only Z-move that boosts all stats which Greninja gets, afaik

radlum
May 13, 2013

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I just found the post-game clothing store and simultaneously learned that

-You can remove your hat
-You can wear shades with pink lenses

Sun/Moon trainer is by far my favorite pokémon avatar. I only wish I'd discovered this look before sitting through all the cutscenes wearing a boring polo/cap combo.

where is this store??

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

After I completed the dex and got a 6IV ditto a couple nights ago, I started breeding guys for the battle tree.

I've gotten as many shinies in the past two days as I had during all of XY/ORAS! The dratini didn't inherit the HA, so I'm going to use it in my next playthrough.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

radlum posted:

where is this store??
It's in the mall in literally the first town on the first island - fly to the Pokemon center west of your house, then run to the right and into the big building and it's the store on the right on the ground level.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

FishBulb posted:

No because nobody will join you but there are some that give a max of 50 points in 2 minutes and are way easier like, find all the people wearing green or whatever. If people joined them they'd be faster but nobody does soooooooo

it ain't that hard to button mash bro

though i will admit I'm still not used to fairy so when i got a "what do you use against a dark and ghost type pokemon" i had no loving idea

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's not hard but that doesn't mean other things wouldn't still be easier

And shorter

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

tyblazitar posted:

Nice! If you start breeding those I'd like one!
I just made a few extra galvanize Geodudes/Geodudettes if you still want one.

FC is 4339 - 2627 - 8716 (IGN: Txn)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I found a shiny !

.... oh :smith:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Yo

I saw a girl avatar with striped socks, where are those at, internet will not tell me

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

FishBulb posted:

It's not hard but that doesn't mean other things wouldn't still be easier

And shorter

They're not shorter, but I'm personally fond of the language ones. Are the ones about people's answers to the personal questions also easy or do you actually have to "know your VIPs very well" because all I know about my VIPs is that they are cute girls I'm keeping until they can sell me their blue clothes

edit: yeh, 20 FC for a solo run ain't bad. gently caress boys who don't stand where I can see their backpack tho :colbert:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 28, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If by "rare" you just mean "a 10% encounter", my preferred setup is Quick Ball On The First Turn. Beyond that, something like a Smeargle with False Swipe and Spore and so on.

Seriously though, in general, just Quick Ball and then Dusk Balls/Ultra Balls until it stays in, unless it's Beldum or something.

What's the best bet for making money in the game? Still at the second island.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is classic Protean Greninja just plain better than Ash-Greninja?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hah! I just caught a female Magby in a dive ball.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blackheart posted:

i wouldn't say "just plain better" but it's significantly easier to find a place on your team for and less reliant on specific situations (or your opponent being stupid). Ash-Greninja is still basically a mega that can hold an item.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blackheart posted:

the one time a greninja has actually gotten battle bond off I immediately dropped it with pheromosa

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

There's nothing good and reproducible. Selling all the crap you pick up can keep you afloat until postgame, and the legendary catching quest rewards you a million bucks, but beyond that it's Elite 4 grinding.

The one quick income I know of is at the Grand Hotel you can get paid 20k once a day to chuck Pyukumukus back into the ocean.

e: oh, and you should have an Amulet Coin by now, so uh, use that. If you missed it somehow, Lax Incense is for sale from a NPC for like 11k in the town with Olivia's jewelry store.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 28, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Trying to heavy ball a ditto when it transforms into Mudsdale is a lot more difficult then I thought it would be.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

You can also keep fishing for stuff like pearls. I found 6 big pearls when trying to fish a Corsola (this is just RNG reliant so it's not that useful)

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yo

I saw a girl avatar with striped socks, where are those at, internet will not tell me

I want to say they're in the Heahea City Apparel Shop? I was rocking them for a while ingame around that point.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jarogue posted:

Trying to heavy ball a ditto when it transforms into Mudsdale is a lot more difficult then I thought it would be.

The ball works as if it were a Ditto, not what it transformed into

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sometimes the team you have with you just because says more than what you bring to endgame. This is pre-grass trial. Stufful is still a baby and is sickeningly cute.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've been searching for a Komala on Route 11 for over an hour. Is this drat thing also an SOS exclusive?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got my first ever 100% dex. I'm so happy with myself :buddy:

That being said when can we get our own Magearna? Feels odd having 100% without it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-484857239

The master becomes a fool :saddowns:

Also it seems people have figured out that Tapu Fini doesn't suck because I'm seeing wayyyyy more of them now. Its a real problem for my team too. I gave up protect on Golisopod just so it would have poison jab. This was my first time using it and the results are...not impressive.

Sockser posted:

I found a shiny !

.... oh :smith:

Wow that's awful!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yo

Pretty sure it's the clothing store in Konikoni across the street from the food stalls.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
YAY thank you El Burbo :glomp:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Note Block posted:

How do you make that image btw? I've seen it a lot and I'm curious.

this

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shneak posted:

I've been searching for a Komala on Route 11 for over an hour. Is this drat thing also an SOS exclusive?

nah, i caught one there normally. apparently they're a 10% spawn

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Got my first ever 100% dex. I'm so happy with myself :buddy:

That being said when can we get our own Magearna? Feels odd having 100% without it.
I believe I saw someone say December 5th, but I'm uncertain if that's when we get it or when the JP promotion for it ends.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Pretty sure it's the clothing store in Konikoni across the street from the food stalls.

last time this came up I think we figured it was actually moon exclusive. Sun gets some dumb flower print poo poo hahahaha

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

The ball works as if it were a Ditto, not what it transformed into

dive ball and net balls worked just fine with the other dittos when I got it to turn it to a surfing water type also its still 1 shot heavy slamming everything that not Mudsdale.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Been sending out a lot of Vanillish on Wonder Trade recently. What's with the tons of Abra on there?
Also I got a level 11 Salamence from one trade, somehow. :pwn:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Of course I find a Komala 10 seconds after I post.

I want to wring the necks of every Trumbeak like a fuckin' Looney Toon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I Said No posted:

Been sending out a lot of Vanillish on Wonder Trade recently. What's with the tons of Abra on there?
Bagon can SOS call Salamence at level 10-12. Which is fantastic.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I Said No posted:

There's a 1% bagon on Route 3 who can call a level 11 Salamence.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I Said No posted:

SOS from Route 3

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-484857239

The master becomes a fool :saddowns:

Also it seems people have figured out that Tapu Fini doesn't suck because I'm seeing wayyyyy more of them now. Its a real problem for my team too. I gave up protect on Golisopod just so it would have poison jab. This was my first time using it and the results are...not impressive.

Yeah Fini is super good and I'm seeing a lot of it right now

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why Happy Hour? Is there no other Normal type stat-buffing-when-Z'd move Greninja gets?

edit: also I am officially at the point where I'm Wonder Trading away male Mareanies, please god let me know if you want some of the extras while I dig for a nearly perfect one for my own use

I guess I'll take one, if you're that hard up to get rid of em.

3840-6567-4400 in game name J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Mazerunner posted:

last time this came up I think we figured it was actually moon exclusive. Sun gets some dumb flower print poo poo hahahaha

Fuuuck that explains it. I've hit up every clothing store twice and not found the drat thing, and when I tried the "tell me about your clothes" thing in Festival Plaza they only offered me their sunglasses.