Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mazerunner posted:

I guess I'll take one, if you're that hard up to get rid of em.

3840-6567-4400 in game name J
Won't complain. Adding you now! 4897-7314-5821, IGN is Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does Sun/Moon have that X/Y thing where you can sign in somewhere with your nintendo ID and get a nice screenshot of the team you used to beat the pokemon league?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does Sun/Moon have that X/Y thing where you can sign in somewhere with your nintendo ID and get a nice screenshot of the team you used to beat the pokemon league?

I presume yes because people are posting the screencaps here but I dunno where it is.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Won't complain. Adding you now! 4897-7314-5821, IGN is Jesus

I forgot I had to actually connect to the interent, but I'm just chilling now whenever you're ready

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yo

I saw a girl avatar with striped socks, where are those at, internet will not tell me

Mazerunner posted:

last time this came up I think we figured it was actually moon exclusive. Sun gets some dumb flower print poo poo hahahaha
^ This guy is correct.
WHICH REALLY BUMMED ME OUT BECAUSE I WANTED PINK-STRIPED SOCKS, BUT NOOOOO.
Seriously, why weren't they a default choice, with each version given the 5 or so different color options. The only thing better than regular thigh high socks are thigh high socks with horizontal stripes

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mazerunner posted:

I presume yes because people are posting the screencaps here but I dunno where it is.
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/ is the thing everyone's using, it's not official but it looks nice.

(also enjoy that Mareanie, I will evolve my boy Guzma because I don't actually have a Golisopod for the dex yet)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cynthia's Mega-Lucario just broke my battle tree streak at 80

So much for being close to having enough rare candies

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Serebii says that you can get Burgundy and Violet eye contacts, but I don't see the option for them in Moon. Is there something special I have to do, or is it Sun exclusive or something weird?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't think the PGL does anything but show your Z-crystals this time?

Which is a shame, I kinda liked the whole showing progress thing from XYORAS

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Yukari posted:

Serebii says that you can get Burgundy and Violet eye contacts, but I don't see the option for them in Moon. Is there something special I have to do, or is it Sun exclusive or something weird?
Post Elite 4 only, just like the Twintails hairstyle & Wine-Red/White hair colors.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Yukari posted:

beat the elite 4, same with wine red and white hair, and the twin tails style for girls (dunno the guy's)

DACK FAYDEN posted:

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/ is the thing everyone's using, it's not official but it looks nice.

(also enjoy that Mareanie, I will evolve my boy Guzma because I don't actually have a Golisopod for the dex yet)

oh neat, thanks.

Here's mine after elite 4

mimikyu was the hero

(also you should use guzmapsopod there on account of being adamant w/ aquajet and spikes [egg moves] and also is in a beast ball just saying)

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 28, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
winning the Terrain War is like winning the weather war but somehow more stressful

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484866750

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I Said No posted:

Been sending out a lot of Vanillish on Wonder Trade recently. What's with the tons of Abra on there?
Also I got a level 11 Salamence from one trade, somehow. :pwn:

People really want synchronize

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Countblanc posted:

winning the Terrain War is like winning the weather war but somehow more stressful

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-484866750

Its crazy that people actually give a poo poo about terrain now after it went almost entirely ignored in the last gen. I bet anything they are gonna add an ability in the next game that negates terrain just like Cloud Nine.

EDIT: Tracing the Thick Fat ability can't be healthy...

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 28, 2016

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I seem to have gone semi insane, and want a team composed entirely of 'mons in Beast Balls. Several of which I will be attempting to get shinies of.
That being said, I believe someone in here mentioned having a BeastBall Bagon?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Its crazy that people actually give a poo poo about terrain now after it went almost entirely ignored in the last gen. I bet anything they are gonna add an ability in the next game that negates terrain just like Cloud Nine.

I mean, just like weather, it's finally got pokemon who set it via ability. Pokemon who are legendaries but not cover legendaries, too, where weather had, what, politoed and ninetails?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah it's weird for sure. electric terrain in particular because it's like, this barely does anything except make the dude who sets it into an insane threat, but it's enough. the other three are scary but more because of how you have to play around them for the next 7 turns rather than the immediate fright (barring choice band wood hammers)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Beekeeping and You posted:

I mean, just like weather, it's finally got pokemon who set it via ability. Pokemon who are legendaries but not cover legendaries, too, where weather had, what, politoed and ninetails?

hey sunny day had Mega-Y

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

In my first round of breeding a beast ball beldum with a 6IV ditto, I got two with 5 perfect IVs. In everything except attack.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I Said No posted:

Been sending out a lot of Vanillish on Wonder Trade recently. What's with the tons of Abra on there?

'Tis the season, I guess.

I've Wonder Traded hundreds and hundreds of Pokémon so far and for the most part just gotten Route 1/2 stuff back.. but the last two days I've gotten enough Abras (from different trainers) to fill an entire box.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big ups to Owliver, Taezo, Big Bear, Hendrix, Clangarang, and Bone Zone.
My championship friends.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Working on my battle tree team themed around my shiny Oricorio. Here's what I have:

Oricorio-Baile (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dancer
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Teeter Dance

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Ribombee
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Dazzling Gleam
- Bug Buzz
- Infestation

Muk-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Power of Alchemy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak

Any glaring weakness? I really want to pass Dancer to Muk online with his ability, that would be awesome.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Olive, Borb, Peebs, Splorp, Sluggles, and Muffet
I just name Pokemon whatever pops into my head at the time.

Despite some crippling defensive gaps, this was the team that made it to the Hall of Fame. I picked up Gastrodon soon after arriving on Poni Island and I'm very glad I did so. He and Toucannon were the real MVPs of the final set of battles. As for the battles themselves, the champion music and setup was so great, Kukui being your first "challenger" after becoming champion. The whole thing felt like a triumphant victory lap despite the battle itself getting pretty rough.

This is definitely my favorite Pokemon game since BW2 and is just great in general.

Ziddar fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 28, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So how hard are Bottle Caps to get? Can I be lazy with a couple of my Pokemon's IVs and just hyper train the most important stats to 31 or is it a pain in the rear end?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sunzero, Napoleon, Sukamon, Gorillions, Crabber Lang, and Usain.

Time for playthrough 2 :getin:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sockser posted:

I found a shiny !

.... oh :smith:

It looks a little better after it evolves

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I really wish I knew that First Impression had +2 priority during the playthrough where I actually used a Golisopod :doh:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Note Block posted:

if your whole team aint dual type fairy, I feel bad for you son.

:hfive:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

:stare:

...are we sure the destiny knot didn't get buffed again this generation to pass on 6 IVs, instead of 5?
Because this is only from the second generation of beldums.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

vOv posted:

So how hard are Bottle Caps to get? Can I be lazy with a couple of my Pokemon's IVs and just hyper train the most important stats to 31 or is it a pain in the rear end?

They're rare but not exactly impossible to get from fishing. Getting things to level 100 is the real limiting factor in hyper training.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I feel the same about Sylveon and Hyper Voice

I'm hoping for play rough for Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu. I'm really loving the legendaries this generation, usually I'm kinda meh on most of em' but I loving LOVE the tapus and Lunala. Top tier friends.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

In my first round of breeding a beast ball beldum with a 6IV ditto, I got two with 5 perfect IVs. In everything except attack.

Ay, got any spares? IV's don't matter to me I've just been having a hell of time catching one that doesn't kill itself with struggle.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Blaziken386 posted:

My hard won 4 IVs Goomy has subpar HP and AWFUL Sp.D IVs. Why, my beloved Goomy, why?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Flopsy posted:

I'm hoping for play rough for Tapu Koko

http://www.ascii-middle-finger.com/

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wish Pokémon games had a New Game+ :(

Even though there were tons of cool Pokémon all throughout the islands this time, it still would've been fun to use the Tapus, UBs or just endgame Pokémon in general through a new playthrough. I mean, I could transfer them over to a new save but there's no way to "de-level" a Pokémon so they'd be way overpowered. At least for non-legendary/mythic Pokémon you can breed them and transfer but still...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Ay, got any spares? IV's don't matter to me I've just been having a hell of time catching one that doesn't kill itself with struggle.
My plan was to try for a shiny, so I've got a ton of spares.
All in Beast Balls, as well! (I got the original from a trade in this thread, I'm apparently not the only one with beast-ball madness)
If you want, I'll toss you an egg with 5 guaranteed IVs*, so you can nickname it and whatnot. FC in signature.

*note: Might have 6 IVs, I'm not entirely sure if the Destiny Knot got buffed or not.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

How are people getting Magearna? I though it was Japan-only at the moment?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neo_Crimson posted:

It is.

You can only get it if you're playing on a Japanese 3ds.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Okay, most of this batch of eggs came out with 5 IVs, but I got another with 6. So either the Destiny Knot randomly chooses between 5 or 6 IVs getting inherited, or I've got some fantastic luck with the RNG for the 6th IV slot.

Neo_Crimson posted:

:iiam:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

My plan was to try for a shiny, so I've got a ton of spares.
All in Beast Balls, as well! (I got the original from a trade in this thread, I'm apparently not the only one with beast-ball madness)
If you want, I'll toss you an egg with 5 guaranteed IVs*, so you can nickname it and whatnot. FC in signature.

*note: Might have 6 IVs, I'm not entirely sure if the Destiny Knot got buffed or not.

That works for me! FC: 512953063661

Anything you want in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there anything in Alola that learns mean look in addition to false swipe?