Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Typo posted:

it doesn't matter anymore, fb fake new stories has more power and influence than CNN nowadays

Thankfully The Donald will fix all that and we'll be getting all our news through officially sanctioned and rigorously fact-checked state news outlets soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

RIP The Dirtbag Left, smothered in the crib before it could even crawl :qq:

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/803095734060879872

i thought irony had already collapsed in on itself but i guess this is like a double calzone or something why not

Serf
May 5, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

Thankfully The Donald will fix all that and we'll be getting all our news through officially sanctioned and rigorously fact-checked state news outlets soon enough.

mandatory TrumpTV broadcast at all times, on all the channels, in a neat little picture-in-picture display

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Facebook is cracking down on fake news. And no, obviously not everybody is a rational actor but we need to pull back from thinking that every last thing everywhere in every way is dadaist performance art. Some actors are still rational.

Yeah, I think now the rule is for every fake news story they allow they have to cut two fake news stories

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

RandomBlue posted:

The internet has been declared Sichensraum and is only to be used only for approved Trumpenreich purposes

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

it's actually a california grizzly, there are plenty of brown bears left but we did hunt that particular species to extinction

A grizzly is a subspecies of the brown bear (ursus arctos) and there are not any brown bears of any subspecies left in California. The subspecies that formerly lived in California, California grizzly or Ursus arctos californicus, is extinct, while the general subspecies referred to as the "grizzly," Ursus arctos horribilis, remains in the northern Rockies and western interior Canada and interior Alaska. There are lots of black bears (ursus americanus) left in California.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Serf posted:

I'll believe that Zuck and the gang care about fake news when I see them do something about it (they won't do anything because fake news is good for them lol)

and no, there are no rational actors. there never were. the number of irrational actors just used to slightly outweigh the number of batshit insane actors

I am not mocking you when I say that I recognize that you're going through some poo poo in response to this election. That's good in a way because apathy is the enemy but you're dangerously close to working yourself up into a catatonic state. The Zuck is a shithead but that doesn't change the fact that Facebook doesn't benefit from a Trump presidency. Hell, their stupid rear end COO had dreams of getting a position in HRC's cabinet. Facebook might not be doing enough, or making changes quickly enough, but they are certainly under pressure to address the fake news epidemic.

The move isn't to say "Oh bother!" all day long, Eeyore. It's to keep pressing institutions to stop being so loving terrible at their various jobs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I am not mocking you when I say that I recognize that you're going through some poo poo in response to this election. That's good in a way because apathy is the enemy but you're dangerously close to working yourself up into a catatonic state. The Zuck is a shithead but that doesn't change the fact that Facebook doesn't benefit from a Trump presidency. Hell, their stupid rear end COO had dreams of getting a position in HRC's cabinet. Facebook might not be doing enough, or making changes quickly enough, but they are certainly under pressure to address the fake news epidemic.

The move isn't to say "Oh bother!" all day long, Eeyore. It's to keep pressing institutions to stop being so loving terrible at their various jobs.

serf lasted all of a day before giving up last time, think this one might be a lost cause

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I am in no way advocating for some "oh bother" poo poo lmao

get involved in local politics, get armed and supplied, get organized, stay mad, and do not trust the institutions for poo poo

the institutions have either all bent the knee or they soon will. I say gently caress 'em

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

If you didn't steal all the gold from the vault AND escape with it all so you could buy literally everything in the game then you are small time
the first time i did this I did it in some insane tedious way by putting it all on a corpse and dragging the corpse or something. i read shortly after that there is a much simpler way to do it.

at least without console cause that is cheating

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fiction posted:

baloogan what's the most effective way i can protect my community if it comes down to that

learn this cover to cover http://www.milsci.ucsb.edu/sites/secure.lsit.ucsb.edu.mili.d7/files/sitefiles/resources/Ranger%20Handbook.pdf, have your entire community learn it cover to cover, then maybe look up some al-quada IED tactics or something idk

The Dallas shooter was military but not even an infantryman (and probably wasn't well versed in maneuver tactics) and look at the damage he did, imagine a dozen or so equally-armed people who have drilled together.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

***DO NOT POST DUMB poo poo LIKE THIS EVER EVER****

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

learn this cover to cover http://www.milsci.ucsb.edu/sites/secure.lsit.ucsb.edu.mili.d7/files/sitefiles/resources/Ranger%20Handbook.pdf, have your entire community learn it cover to cover, then maybe look up some al-quada IED tactics or something idk

The Dallas shooter was military but not even an infantryman (and probably wasn't well versed in maneuver tactics) and look at the damage he did, imagine a dozen or so equally-armed people who have drilled together.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Justin Tyme posted:

:chloe:

:yikes:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

RandomBlue posted:

why even bother when fake news stories produced by macedonians teens are 100x more effective

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Justin Tyme posted:

Time for Cspam to join LF I guess

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

lol

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Justin Tyme posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Typo posted:

why even bother when fake news stories produced by macedonians teens are 100x more effective

I'm hopeful that this election finally woke up heavily used social media to this problem and they are actually going to loving do something about it.

I'm probably too optimistic, but if there's reason to hope it's that the silicon valley corps are all closely held, their boards have more money than God, and they seem to have a sense of civic duty. You'll never reach the people who have Breitbart/Drudge as their home page, but if you can shut the odd Aunt/Grandfather up about some nonsense their tennis buddy sent them it's a start.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Counterpoint:

Do those things, because if enough liberals and minorities do what the militia movement does, republicans will get on board gun control asap.

Please be a useful idiot.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'm hopeful that this election finally woke up heavily used social media to this problem and they are actually going to loving do something about it.

I'm probably too optimistic, but if there's reason to hope it's that the silicon valley corps are all closely held, their boards have more money than God, and they seem to have a sense of civic duty. You'll never reach the people who have Breitbart/Drudge as their home page, but if you can shut the odd Aunt/Grandfather up about some nonsense their tennis buddy sent them it's a start.

Counterpoint: Silicon Valley is like 15 years from being a pack of Peter Thiels and placing hope in them is a bad idea.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Counterpoint: Silicon Valley is like 15 years from being a pack of Peter Thiels and placing hope in them is a bad idea.

Silicon Valley is already beyond this, most of the baddies are just more into privacy then a Thiel type.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I Am Reborn

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It was a genuine question. Baloogan fascinates me because he's not stupid but he's brokebrained and alcohol likely has something to do with it.

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

you might be overthinking baloogan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Counterpoint:

Do those things, because if enough liberals and minorities do what the militia movement does, republicans will get on board gun control asap.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Kazak_Hstan posted:

A grizzly is a subspecies of the brown bear (ursus arctos) and there are not any brown bears of any subspecies left in California. The subspecies that formerly lived in California, California grizzly or Ursus arctos californicus, is extinct, while the general subspecies referred to as the "grizzly," Ursus arctos horribilis, remains in the northern Rockies and western interior Canada and interior Alaska. There are lots of black bears (ursus americanus) left in California.

arg fishmech'd again

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVCbRl_Y7M8

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zen death robot posted:

Is there some reason I shouldn't ban this fucker?

he won't be able to make a new forums account out of twigs and partially chewed mres

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Justin Tyme posted:

:yeah:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

n o p e

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lowtax needs a new pair of shoes

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Counterpoint:

counterpoint: u r dum

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
remember when donald advocated for taking away guns (from minorities) and the NRA was a-ok with that

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

speng31b posted:

He could try using eminent domain to take private land away from people in Texas to build his border wall. I think that would be the most hilarious hill for him to die on.

Bush already pulled that poo poo, won, is still loved by those cattle-loving, oil guzzling idiots in that shithead state. So yeah.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

since the election the only way i can relax is with stock sounds of heavy industrial equipment processed to sound like its in an enormous wet cavern, and whatever freud would say about that he’s wrong btw i just appreciate the aesthetic

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

Bush already pulled that poo poo, won, is still loved by those cattle-loving, oil guzzling idiots in that shithead state. So yeah.

Bush was a well loved good ole boy cowboy boot wearing Texas governor. Trump's a billionaire Yankee who's in the process of pissing off his own base by reneging on most of his promises before inauguration day. We'll see. I don't see that working out well for Trump.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that reddit bans r/The_Donald. It's going to be a hilarious mess for about a week with spammed poo poo like happened with r/fatpeoplehate got banned and then people will just want to go back to looking at pictures of cats and dumb inspirational quotes from Elon Musk.

If a site like Reddit is going to survive the silicon valley bubble bursting, they have to find a way to monetize and there have to be a lot of people hesitating to invest when their front page is full of 4chan Donald memes.

Or, they can die along with a bunch of other dot coms. I'm fine either way but there has to be a lot of pressure on them to get rid of r/The_Donald.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

speng31b posted:

Bush was a well loved good ole boy cowboy boot wearing Texas governor. Trump's a billionaire Yankee who's in the process of pissing off his own base by reneging on most of his promises before inauguration day. We'll see. I don't see that working out well for Trump.

tbf being a raging narcissistic rear end in a top hat has worked incredibly well for trump so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Fiction posted:

baloogan what's the most effective way i can protect my community if it comes down to that

Tap into local movements. Find like-minded people. Read about the histories of resistance movements and struggles for liberation.

• Locked thread