Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Mmm yeah this is that meta-level poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

Breitbart gained some reasonability points for being one of the few media outlets to cover gamergate in an honest fashion

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

My favorite part is that they totally Landeriged themselves onto the list

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SSC as the most reasonable (also left of center, which lol) unless it's the American Conservative. Jesus.

Skittle Prickle
Oct 28, 2005

The best-tasting pickle I ever heard!

hahaha, they put the toast on the same level of reasonableness as infowars

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Skittle Prickle posted:

The Daily Mail more reasonable than the Independent and only barely right of centre. lol.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i just given up on the rest of the forums and have just gone straight up Lottery of Babylon.

its the only way i can tolerate those gloating loving morons in GBS and C-SPAM who legitimately think Progressiveism is over

there is a guy there (who shall not be named in full, i'll just say SecHum) who literally does nothing but use the EXACT same talking points White Nationalists use to dehumanize minorities :suicide:

BornAPoorBlkChild has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Nov 27, 2016

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Race Realists posted:

i just given up on the rest of the forums and have just gone straight up Lottery of Babylon.

its the only way i can tolerate those gloating loving morons in GBS and C-SPAM who legitimately think Progressiveism is over

there is a guy there (who shall not be named in full, i'll just say SecHum) who literally does nothing but use the EXACT same talking points White Nationalists use to dehumanize minorities :suicide:

If you see something, something. If some forums or threads seem unmoderated it's because they are, not because the rules are just for laughs

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I don't have the report option

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm glad we got extremely good and funny and not at all terrible forums like GBS back in time for the Trump victory.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Race Realists posted:

sir this is a mcdonald's drive-thru

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The nice thing is that you can point to these threads when people bitch about what a SJW hellhole SA is

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://saboteur365.wordpress.com/conspiracy-theorist-no-conspiracy-realist/

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

quote:

The term “conspiracy theorist” has been corrupted by those who would rather keep us in the dark about their nefarious doings. I prefer to call the work of truth tellers as conspiracy realism.

The first line is literally what a conspiracy theorist would say to defend his cockazany noodle brain spagetti.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
crossposted from Sweet Liberal Tears thread:

spacetoaster posted:

Nah, everyone wants to have a boogyman of pure evil so they can feel the righteous high of treating different people like crap.

So CAIR is talking about this:

It's written about how a liberal would think a caricature of a trump supporter would write. lol

https://www.facebook.com/CAIRNational/photos/a.92140837694.89999.42590232694/10154279914262695/?type=3

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Annointed posted:

The first line is literally what a conspiracy theorist would say to defend his cockazany noodle brain spagetti.

I heard that entire line in the voice of Dale Gribble with him emphasizing "conspiracy realism" and making air quotes.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Yeah, unfortunately plenty of people hold the opinions in the posted letter unironically.

And besides if it was a hoax the B's would be backwards.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Yeah, unfortunately plenty of people hold the opinions in the posted letter unironically.

And besides if it was a hoax the B's would be backwards.

They're also doing that schizophrenic thing where they capitalize "important" words I think (it's hard to tell), which would probably be a detail missed if it were a parody.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
The impulse to fight strawmen and stuff is valid and necessary but the number of people who'll cry foul because "nobody'd really say that, that's a parody" on stuff that gets posted under real names with photos via the Facebook-based comments system on any small-town newspaper in America...

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Skittle Prickle posted:

Wtf is up with that, The Toast isn't even political media at all. It's a humor site for lit nerds mostly.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

They made fun of Ayn Rand. That's all it takes, really.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

pookel posted:

Wtf is up with that, The Toast isn't even political media at all. It's a humor site for lit nerds mostly.

And the most frightening enemy of the Dark Enlightenment: wimmenz.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

And the most frightening enemy of the Dark Enlightenment: wimmenz.

The two criteria that will massively lower or raise you on this list are

1: Women

2: Gamergate coverage

Because The Rationals still refuse to admit that, even if every one of the founding claims of Gamergate is true, it's still one of the most hilariously petty and insignificant controversies in human history. They are just going to keep clinging to this tempest in a teapot because their ingroup is Deeply Committed to it and continues to redouble its efforts when it has forgotten its aims.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Of course you wouldn't think it's important, only true hardcore gamers understand the real value of ethics in games journalism. What good are, say, civil rights if you don't have the civil right to know the truth behind the 9/10 IGN gave to the latest Carl on Duty :colbert:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ate all the Oreos posted:

Of course you wouldn't think it's important, only true hardcore gamers understand the real value of ethics in games journalism. What good are, say, civil rights if you don't have the civil right to know the truth behind the 9/10 IGN gave to the latest Carl on Duty :colbert:

Whenever they act all smug and above-it-all about the election, remember these were the same people who threw hissyfits over a thinkpiece entitled "Gamers are over" months after it came out

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah even if you accept the whole 'it's about ethics in video game journalism' thing on its face - why the gently caress would anyone think that's something you should legitimately give a poo poo about? The fact they think that is the reasonable face of their crazy poo poo tells you everything you need to know about what stunted weirdoes they are.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

True, but have you considered that icky girls are ruining everything and need to be stopped?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corrode posted:

Yeah even if you accept the whole 'it's about ethics in video game journalism' thing on its face - why the gently caress would anyone think that's something you should legitimately give a poo poo about? The fact they think that is the reasonable face of their crazy poo poo tells you everything you need to know about what stunted weirdoes they are.

Plus whenever an actual ethics in game journalism issue comes up, they don't give a poo poo because it involves companies withholding review copies from critics who might give bad reviews and not SJW infiltration of box art.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Corrode posted:

If it actually were about ethics in video game journalism, that actually just proves they don't know a goddamn thing about journalistic ethics (here's a hint: being friendly with people in the industry you write about is normal, because that is how you cultivate sources FFS).

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If Zoe Quinn actually had slept with dudes to get a good review for her free game, that's still a controversy that should have lasted as long as maybe a week before everyone moved on to other things, such as whether Han shooting first is canon in the new Star Wars movies.

The fact that people don't realize this when they go "well of COURSE I don't support harassment but you know, many feminists are very mean in their assessments of gamergate, and Both Sides..." is crazy to me

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Literally the only thing you need to know about gamergate, and the alt-right writ large, was that it was started when someone try to make an internet personal army because he was made into a cuckold. The entire psychology of the movement is based on this single fact.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

The Vosgian Beast posted:

If Zoe Quinn actually had slept with dudes to get a good review for her free game, that's still a controversy that should have lasted as long as maybe a week before everyone moved on to other things, such as whether Han shooting first is canon in the new Star Wars movies.

The fact that people don't realize this when they go "well of COURSE I don't support harassment but you know, many feminists are very mean in their assessments of gamergate, and Both Sides..." is crazy to me
Well, and even in that case, Zoe Quinn wouldn't be the unethical one - the journalists in question would be.

I remember the first person who tried to sell me on gamergate introduced the topic as "Zoe Quinn slept with her boss at Kotaku ..." which is so far off from reality it's ludicrous.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
http://ask.fm/St_Rev/answers/128305288958

*Star-Spangled Banner plays*

The Vosgian Beast has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Nov 29, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

The good guys. Vidya is the only cultural site where the people stood up against The People and held the line.

I get what he's trying to say, but goddamn is this sentence a mess.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I have never seen St_Rev talk about playing a video game, discuss video games he likes, or recommend a video game, but he's suddenly a huge gamer whenever Gamergate comes up.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

He's a huge gamer on paper. :yohoho:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Relevant Tangent posted:

He's a huge gamer on paper. :yohoho:

On. Paper.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have never seen St_Rev talk about playing a video game, discuss video games he likes, or recommend a video game, but he's suddenly a huge gamer whenever Gamergate comes up.
Meanwhile, if you're a lady with lefty political views, you cannot be a "gamer" no matter how many thousands of hours of play time you've racked up.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Who What Now posted:

I get what he's trying to say, but goddamn is this sentence a mess.

I assume by vidya he means /v/? Didn't they get outright kicked out of /v/ after a bit because they were too vile for loving 4chan?

Also the one bit of good that came out of gamergate was some of my friends at the time who were still lurking on /v/ or other chans and excused all the previous poo poo behavior as normal 4chan nobody-seriously-believes-this just-kiddin-around trollin' were basically reverse-redpilled by the sheer level of hatred gamergate generated and realized that "oh wait no these are actually really bad people and many of them are not actually kidding" and left for good, so that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ate all the Oreos posted:

I assume by vidya he means /v/? Didn't they get outright kicked out of /v/ after a bit because they were too vile for loving 4chan?

Also the one bit of good that came out of gamergate was some of my friends at the time who were still lurking on /v/ or other chans and excused all the previous poo poo behavior as normal 4chan nobody-seriously-believes-this just-kiddin-around trollin' were basically reverse-redpilled by the sheer level of hatred gamergate generated and realized that "oh wait no these are actually really bad people and many of them are not actually kidding" and left for good, so that's nice

He means video games

All the other artistic mediums have been cucked occupied by judeo-bolsheviks cultural marxists sjws progs. Only in the realm of video games did the native freaks hold strong against prog occupation