Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

They literally dissed him by name in a recent episode. That's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/803103027334787073

Jeet posted a poll. Jesus was: incel or volcel.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Famethrowa posted:

He means well and seems willing to listen. He was a Bernie guy IIRC.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

rolling with the punches is a classy move

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Patton Oswalt is best friends with Nick Bougas, aka A. Wyatt Mann

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

What, for the Star Wars comparison?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I was just coming here to post this.

CortezFantastic posted:

He means well and seems willing to listen. He was a Bernie guy IIRC.

He got into a twitter fight with Sam Kriss and BronzeHammer over his constant, clunky comparisons of American politics to pop culture, but recanted after The Baffled posted an article about how that's a dumb thing to do. He was a Bernie supporter until Bernie lost, then he went all-in for Hillary.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I voted for Hillary and all I got was a clumsy Star Wars reference by a grieving widow

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I may not be PATTON OSWALT but I wish I were dead just like his WIFE

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I was just coming here to post this.

He got into a twitter fight with Sam Kriss and BronzeHammer over his constant, clunky comparisons of American politics to pop culture, but recanted after The Baffled posted an article about how that's a dumb thing to do. He was a Bernie supporter until Bernie lost, then he went all-in for Hillary.

Maybe Greywolf and best Crow T. Robot Bill Corbett called him up and told him the good news about chapo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Corek posted:

Patton Oswalt is best friends with Nick Bougas, aka A. Wyatt Mann

haha, wow. did not know that.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-surprisingly-mainstream-history-of-the-internets-favorit?utm_term=.of5l1em2b#.ibqAqMlJw

photo taken with A. Wyatt Man and the photographer is none other than Jim Goad.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

When did the "______ taught me it was okay to be weird" running gag start?

I just remember like 1 out of 3 hot take havers saying that after Bowie died. writing essays n poo poo.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 28, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

When did the "______ taught me it was okay to be weird" running gag start?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
it was either when david bowie or prince died and every accountant who wears pleated shorts was really upset online

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-surprisingly-mainstream-history-of-the-internets-favorit?utm_term=.of5l1em2b#.ibqAqMlJw

I guess that explained the fight years ago with Bro-pair about casually quoting Steven Sailer.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Phone posted:

Listening to Chapo Trap House for the first time ever this week has been super, super good. I'm not sure if I actually care about missing out on this initially because it's incredibly refreshing to hear something that isn't incredibly self-serious from before the election. I started with Episode 2, then the latest one (was 60), and then have gone back to Episode 3.

Hearing episode 13 the other day can be the next episode and just blame all of the weird verb tenses on a computer glitch or them being super wasted.
Same
Italian_chef_kissing_fingers.gif

As a Hillary booster I feel I must atone by mainlining Chapo until the neoliberalism is scourged from my loins

Full communism now

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i dont know basing your entire political activism around media consumption still sounds pretty hillary

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

That's what I fear as well, yeah.

Heck, we already saw them react to guests friendly to them but heavily disagree on a lot of stuff like Erin and that Pro-Elon Musk guy. I'm not saying they should scream at everyone for it, but seeing profiles go on how they go tough with guests but then not press her on "Federalist has good writers!" is probably going to foreshadow guests that spent months going after people like the chapo folk but happened to not say either "dirtbag left" or their podcast by name during so.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 28, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i dont know basing your entire political activism around media consumption still sounds pretty hillary
I'm going to be consuming media no matter what, so better to add something good to the mix? :shrug:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A local politician here in Norway is in trouble for his connections to the Grey Wolfs.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A Grey Wolf won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry last year, but his cousin is in parliament for the pro-Kurdish party.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/status/803189481545367552
In extremely martin sheen voice: Every day we're here she's out there getting stronger.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

I just remember like 1 out of 3 hot take havers saying that after Bowie died. writing essays n poo poo.

Wow I had no idea A Wyatt Mann was Sam Hyde the whole time.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Hey its the Satanist woman Taylor Swift is an alleged clone of.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Phone posted:

Listening to Chapo Trap House for the first time ever this week has been super, super good. I'm not sure if I actually care about missing out on this initially because it's incredibly refreshing to hear something that isn't incredibly self-serious from before the election. I started with Episode 2, then the latest one (was 60), and then have gone back to Episode 3.

Hearing episode 13 the other day can be the next episode and just blame all of the weird verb tenses on a computer glitch or them being super wasted.

Discovered them the week before the election and going through the back catalog is certainly helping.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

uber_stoat posted:

Prince, too

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

door Door door posted:

Discovered them the week before the election and going through the back catalog is certainly helping.

Yeah, I'm mainlining it p hard, but Chapo + Mark Blyth talks have definitely put a few things in perspective.

The writing was on the wall from the get-go.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Regulation Size posted:

rolling with the punches is a classy move
it's awesome because it shows he can take a joke and not melt down like everyone else on the internet. Respect.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Any photo of dorky posturing rightwing artists has to by law have Boyd Rice lurking around.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

im evil wilhelm

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that photo is from the dark ages because adam parfrey is old as hell

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

emdash posted:

Prince, too

hitler taught me its okay to be a weirdo

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?

Slanderer posted:

im evil wilhelm

Think the "ToS" in ToS Sailor stands for terms of service? He looks like he reads those things.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm Nick Shrek

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
kurt metzger was on the latest premium ep of cum town and woo boy for a comedian he sure has a not great sense of humor

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
he really doesn't understand much about a bunch of topics he discusses with confidence in the ep

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'm Nazi Goth Cosplay Vinestar Malevolent Mitch.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

I always got the feeling yglesias is an irony boy who sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Re-listening to the post-election episodes right now, and I agree with their desire to see an all-Deschanel ticket for the Dems in 2020.

Mostly for the resulting arguments on who's more attractive. I personally prefer Emily, but I'll take 'em both, I'm hardcore!