Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Guild name was changed to (MULTIS) after a new player accused us of running multiple accounts plus our history of confusing players with our abnormal growth.

Roleplay as a robot of the robot underground if you wanna get ignored by boring players. Spam 1's and 0's if you want a hour global mute.
We will insulate our drives with the bones of the human race.

https://twitter.com/RobotNewsNet/status/1619962757

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Why do random 1's and 0's when you can find a binary translator online?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

All golden robots use base64 is why.

butts = 01100010 01110101 01110100 01110100 01110011

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Tutorial: Keeping track of stuff
(I'm primarily an alchemist. Should be applicable to other skills easily)

Go to the skill page and look up what you can do that gives high XP, for example Potions. Of every potion you can make, put 11 (or whatever) in a house somewhere. (Not recommended for basic mats! You could however put 11 of base mats in there and 22 potions, i never bothered. By now we have the base mats for something with high XP anyway most of the time)

When you go to My Stuff now, it should look something like this:

This makes it really easy to quickly scan the amounts we have of stuff that you can make. If one of those items drops below a certain threshold, you click it and see the mats needed. Visiting the "modified" My Stuff page every morning is really good to follow usage trends.

The goal of this is, for example, (if i was trying to level still) i wouldn't waste any time crushing runes for shimmering powder, as we have over 3k Elixirs of Light. So i can concentrate on a thing that gives me more XP.

This is important as every level gives you a lower timer and more success for items you can make. Don't level slowly because you think things are reserved for players with a higher level and crush salt forever. We have ~85k of salt. Make whatever gives you the most XP. If we already have a lot of it, make the next best thing.

When you get a new level, don't forget to check what you can make now.

artoke
Apr 8, 2011

In as artoke. Gotta love making numbers bigger.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

artoke posted:

In as artoke. Gotta love making numbers bigger.

Invite sent.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
We are bullies :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
what a loving piece of poo poo

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So did he end up getting muted or anything?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Amusingly RWSA got muted for 15 minutes more than Papa Quack. And then Goose Goose got muted for 100 years.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
So are the pubbies RPing as ducks now? What a world...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Vasler posted:

Amusingly RWSA got muted for 15 minutes more than Papa Quack. And then Goose Goose got muted for 100 years.

wait did goose goose get probated for doing sarcastic roleplay in chat

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Magres posted:

wait did goose goose get probated for doing sarcastic roleplay in chat

I got probated for jumping in on the "faggotism" discussion, but you can bet the first thing I'm doing when I get unmuted is roleplaying about feeding on silt from a riverbed.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I got probated for jumping in on the "faggotism" discussion, but you can bet the first thing I'm doing when I get unmuted is roleplaying about feeding on silt from a riverbed.

if you're going to roleplay as a goose, do not forget to poo poo everywhere, and also, see if anyone knows goose behaviour by chittering your beak (afaict it's goose-speak for I want to make you my lady goose) at the pubbies?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

jfc getting muted for longer for calling someone out for saying "faggotism" unironically than they get for saying it is some godawful modding

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Magres posted:

jfc getting muted for longer for calling someone out for saying "faggotism" unironically than they get for saying it is some godawful modding

Nah, that one got explained to me. The mods can't define the duration of a mute, only if temporary or forever. How long the mute is depends on the number of your previous mutes.

^ I'm tired, maybe that post wasn't about me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I've only been muted once. You guys need to learn to tread the line not eat the troll bait. Be polite while mocking them gently caress. It's also way more funny when you seem completely cool and rational and they are flipping their poo poo. It's okay to be angry in guild chat at the same time, and can make screen caps even more funny.

Maybe next time we goad him into saying faggotism we should all chant we're here we're queer get used to it.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

pixaal posted:

we should all chant we're here we're queer get used to it.

We should do this anyway tbh :D

also, despite being the occasional world sacrifice, I remain unmuted...though I have had to apologise to the mods a couple of times :D

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Join in for World Chat Wednesday, when we move our mundane job talk to world and completely ignore the racists, homophobes and cats (thereby infuriating them)!

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009
Just registered. In as Pachu.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

pixaal posted:

I've only been muted once. You guys need to learn to tread the line not eat the troll bait. Be polite while mocking them gently caress. It's also way more funny when you seem completely cool and rational and they are flipping their poo poo. It's okay to be angry in guild chat at the same time, and can make screen caps even more funny.

Maybe next time we goad him into saying faggotism we should all chant we're here we're queer get used to it.

bring back roygbiv

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

bring back roygbiv

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You say "bring back roygbiv" but I'm the only one who reps it every time you level up.

Posers.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Deformed Church posted:

You say "bring back roygbiv" but I'm the only one who reps it every time you level up.

Posers.

We changed to :bird: for a month because we were using the :bird: emote as :toot: when we were called :lljk: and :cone: It's always been our thing, look at some of the really old screenshots I'm sure you'll see it. Pubbies use that stupid :hb: emote for it. Really though spam whatever emote makes you happy I like seeing some variety. But most of the emotes suck.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

God knows why I'm doing this, but here's the archive of Bromance Chat that caused a few people to /ignore us forever

http://pastebin.com/69PkXf2x

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Joined as Oblivious.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I don't even think any of us had talked in world in the past hour, this just happened.

e:

Xerol fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 1, 2016

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I see World Chat Wednesday was a rousing success!

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

oldskool posted:

I see World Chat Wednesday was a rousing success!

Yeah but if the pubbies just put us on ignore it's a one-hit-wonder

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

They don't actually put us on ignore, aside from a few people, and even if they did, we'd still show up if they viewed the chat history (lol).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Colin Mockery posted:

They don't actually put us on ignore, aside from a few people, and even if they did, we'd still show up if they viewed the chat history (lol).

Which several people check to read messages from people they have on ignore to not miss out!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
that is legit my favorite weird tic of like half the amar community

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pubbies: I have you on ignore so I wont see what you reply, cultist, but your opinion is wrong -rant here-
Goon: witty retort
Pubbies: Cultist, last time I'm reply to you but...

and so on for like an hour. If you are going to read it take us of ignore or not, it's pretty funny. Most of the people that put us on ignore think we're some kind of strange cult.

Paved to the Grave
Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for the invite!

Paved to the Grave fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 6, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Newbies, take heed of cautionary tale! Use the Outfits function to manage gear!! You can even use long names to denote what buffs you should use with a particular suit of gear. I can never remember what the hell to use for all the different activities in the game because optimization is complicated and fraught with possible dumb newbie mistakes, but with Outfits you can keep things organized.

Also I just discovered that the "Notes" feature exists and should jot down my stuff in there instead of in a notepad file.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

If anyone ever feels the need to ask "what's up with Charles" this just about sums it up

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Roflex posted:

If anyone ever feels the need to ask "what's up with Charles" this just about sums it up

Dang, he seemed like one of the semi-normal ones.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

He's insane in just about every way except the one where people pretend to be cats.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
It sounds like he's making a joke about Amaranthine players to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

nelson posted:

It sounds like he's making a joke about Amaranthine players to me.

He's really bad at trolling. He put way too much effort into it in all the wrong places. You also just need a soft touch to mess with Amar pubbies if that's what you want to do.