Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I saw on my Twitter last week that someone actually saw some jackass rolling coal here in Hamilton. I had no idea that was a thing in Canada. Thanks for the reminder, CI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Mad Hamish posted:

I saw on my Twitter last week that someone actually saw some jackass rolling coal here in Hamilton. I had no idea that was a thing in Canada. Thanks for the reminder, CI!

http://bccoalrollers.proboards.com/

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mad Hamish posted:

We had some human garbage in a raised, modded truck roll coal in front of us at the intersections of highways 5 and 6. This is why I don't go south, east or west of downtown.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Uh actually you guys coal rolling is just a natural part of rural culture and your disdain for it is why the left loses elections.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If rolling coal is rural culture than it's a good thing that the uneducated idiots are dying out

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've seen coal rolled and confederate flags in Victoria. Generally all you have to do is drive for about 30 min in any direction from a city and you'll find these people anywhere.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*Far off in the distance you hear a single lonely air horn, then two, then three then more and more; a discordant powerchord*

Your indian guide turns to you and says, "Trumpism is coming"

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

vyelkin posted:

Uh actually you guys coal rolling is just a natural part of rural culture and your disdain for it is why the left loses elections.

I never see coal rolling in the country, it's the lovely pseudorural gently caress you dad larger towns like Orillia, Nelson and Innisfil. Directly correlated with confederate flags. It'd be so dumb to do that in a small town. Perfect I just coalrolled the only plumber in town, that's going to help when the well breaks down on a Sunday and it's -30 out.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
no true rural

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Baloogan posted:

*Far off in the distance you hear a single lonely air horn, then two, then three then more and more; a discordant powerchord*

Your indian guide turns to you and says, "Trumpism is coming"

:golfclap:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Postess with the Mostest posted:

I never see coal rolling in the country, it's the lovely pseudorural gently caress you dad larger towns like Orillia, Nelson and Innisfil. Directly correlated with confederate flags. It'd be so dumb to do that in a small town. Perfect I just coalrolled the only plumber in town, that's going to help when the well breaks down on a Sunday and it's -30 out.

these are the people trying their best to convince everyone else that democracy is a bad idea

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

democracy is a bad idea

It really is though

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Baronjutter posted:

I've seen coal rolled and confederate flags in Victoria. Generally all you have to do is drive for about 30 min in any direction from a city and you'll find these people anywhere.

Alternatively, come to Calgary and drive for 1 minute.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
http://globalnews.ca/news/3092259/f...ry-report-says/

quote:

OTTAWA – Nearly 1,000 members of the Canadian Armed Forces reported being sexually assaulted over the past year – and one-quarter of women say they’ve been targeted at least once during their careers, a landmark Statistics Canada survey of sexual misconduct in the military has found.

That rate of sexual assault represents about 1.7 per cent of military personnel – dramatically higher than the comparable rate of 0.9 per cent for the general population.

[...]

The Statcan survey also found full-time female personnel were four times more likely to be assaulted than their male counterparts.

That ratio was even higher – nearly one in 10 – for female personnel in the part-time reserve force.

Sure you're way more likely to be raped, but at least you get paid well! And get to use really good modern equipment! And we take really good care of you if you get injured serving!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm curious what CI thinks about this.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3092259/f...ry-report-says/

Sure you're way more likely to be raped, but at least you get paid well! And get to use really good modern equipment! And we take really good care of you if you get injured serving!

Yeah. We've had a bountiful number of years under the Tories and their support for the military so this is going to work out fine.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What is there to think? How else do we help our brave soldiers cope with PTSD if not by letting them conduct sexual relations forced or otherwise?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

namaste faggots posted:

What is there to think? How else do we help our brave soldiers cope with PTSD if not by letting them conduct sexual relations forced or otherwise?
Boys will be boys!

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Think of how much better col peepants dallaire would be if he were able to conduct sexual congress whenever and with whoever he wanted. You can't have it both ways my friends. If you want Canada to be a world leader you gotta break a few eggs

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

namaste faggots posted:

Think of how much better col peepants dallaire would be if he were able to conduct sexual congress whenever and with whoever he wanted. You can't have it both ways my friends. If you want Canada to be a world leader you gotta break a few eggs

Or fertilize them by mistake because that is all sexual misconduct is: a mistake right?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

namaste faggots posted:

I think the problem is that we no longer have an international peace-keeping (rape) force in the third world. All that pent up sexual energy. Maybe deploy them to the first nation reserves, that might be the most made in Canada "final solution" to the Canadian "indian problem".

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 28, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well they're definitely well prepared for more joint operations with the usmc then, aren't they?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

cowofwar posted:

I think the problem is that we no longer have an international peace-keeping (rape) force in the third world. All that pent up sexual energy. Maybe deploy them to the first nation reserves, that might be the most made in Canada "final solution" to the Canadian "indian problem".

look I don't like your sarcastic tone. Our Indians have already spent enough time in residential schools. What we really need is a truth and reconciliation rapid reaction force which we can air drop from single engine gen 6 planes into hot war zones and spread truth, reconciliation and dialogue and all that poo poo until people stop shooting each other

If that doesn't work we should compromise them to death

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

namaste faggots posted:

look I don't like your sarcastic tone. Our Indians have already spent enough time in residential schools. What we really need is a truth and reconciliation rapid reaction force which we can air drop from single engine gen 6 planes into hot war zones and spread truth, reconciliation and dialogue and all that poo poo until people stop shooting each other

If that doesn't work we should compromise them to death
How about just replacing all their fish with poison fish and then putting up signs telling them not to eat the poison fish?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/803309276357861376

Too bad. I really wanted him to attend and be a ceremonial pallbearer. This is just weak and lovely, to not even show up.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

People dump on Trudeau a lot and for very good reasons but I think that's one of the crappiest things he's done so far. The kind of people who will criticize him for going to the funeral aren't the kind of people who will vote for him anyway so who cares, just do it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

PT6A posted:

Too bad. I really wanted him to attend and be a ceremonial pallbearer. This is just weak and lovely, to not even show up.

If the justification is actually "People were mean about what I said on Twitter" then yeah, it is.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Castro should have been struck from the record books when his little missile gambit failed to exterminate our worthless species.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
stephen harper should have attended augusto pinnochet's funeral
stephen harper should have attended jorge vdela's funeral
pierre trudeau should have attened anataszio debayle's funeral

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

He skipped out on Turkmenbashi too.

Canada doesn't give a gently caress about any world leaders

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

you forgot about Kim Jong Il

I was over in S. Korea when he died, I told my elementary-aged pupils that he had died and they acted like it was Christmas, screaming and running through the halls in joy. Teachers got hella pissed at me for that.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

PT6A posted:

Eh. The Governor General is still going. We still have a state representative there. It's not like Trudeau Jr. was friends with him.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

WilliamAnderson posted:

Eh. The Governor General is still going. We still have a state representative there. It's not like Trudeau Jr. was friends with him.

If it's anything like the funerals for my parents' friends I've gone to, Trudeau's just trying to avoid running into any of Castro's elderly compatriots.

"I remember you when you were just a knee-high revolutionary! Tell me, are you still spreading the message of a worker's paradise in your country?"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Expressing "deep sorrow" over someone's death and then skipping their funeral is pathetic. Either you shouldn't have issued the public statement in the first place or else you should stick with your instincts, ignore the bad optics and pay your respects. To see a supposed leader reversing themselves this quickly at the slightest whiff of criticism doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know about Trudeau as a politician but it reflects really poorly on his character and judgement.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Once again, a Liberal who talks a big game from the left but his actions speak loudly from the right. :rolleyes:

e: I really can't believe anyone cares Castro is dead. He hasn't been politically relevant in 20 years, and probably even half that long in his own country.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Not to mention he's been tarting about in Madagascar for a time for the Francophonie or some other irrelevant thing, so I think he can spare a day to go all the way to Havana. I've flown from Eastern Canada to Havana many times, and I can verify that it's, in fact, very very close compared to Madagascar. You could fly down, attend the funeral, and fly back all on the same day.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Once again, a Liberal who talks a big game from the left but his actions speak loudly from the right. :rolleyes:

e: I really can't believe anyone cares Castro is dead. He hasn't been politically relevant in 20 years, and probably even half that long in his own country.

B-b-b-but communism!!

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Helsing posted:

Expressing "deep sorrow" over someone's death and then skipping their funeral is pathetic. Either you shouldn't have issued the public statement in the first place or else you should stick with your instincts, ignore the bad optics and pay your respects. To see a supposed leader reversing themselves this quickly at the slightest whiff of criticism doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know about Trudeau as a politician but it reflects really poorly on his character and judgement.

Castro was like Trudeau's drunk, belligerent uncle that you loved anyways because you've known them forever and they always spoiled you. Except instead of drunk and belligerent, he's a mass murdering dictator. You acknowledge it but you just don't care cause they're your uncle.

quote:

"There are people who have many memories and who experienced a great deal of difficulty because of what happened in Cuba, and I am not minimizing any of that," Trudeau said.

Asked by CBC News senior parliamentary reporter Catherine Cullen whether he believes Castro was a dictator, Trudeau replied: "Yes."

"The fact is Fidel Castro had a deep and lasting impact on the Cuban people. He certainly was a polarizing figure and there certainly were concerns around human rights. That's something that I'm open about and that I've highlighted," he added.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Helsing posted:

Expressing "deep sorrow" over someone's death and then skipping their funeral is pathetic.

It's extremely liberalism.txt tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Guys, a cf 18 crashed in cold lake and killed the pilot. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen because 2 engines?????