Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/803187689231003649

I would keep Fly over Pawn but yeah this team sounds pretty loving amazing if it actually happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Sexpansion posted:

https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/803187689231003649

I would keep Fly over Pawn but yeah this team sounds pretty loving amazing if it actually happens.

Is pawn actually healthy enough to play a full season?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schnorkles posted:

Is pawn actually healthy enough to play a full season?

I have no idea, I know he had back issues but I don't know if they're better or not.

Also Fly is better than Pawn and probably way better on that team, I'm not sure why you pick up Pawn in that situation when you have smeb and deft on your team.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
god drat the LCK will be crazy

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

god drat the LCK will be crazy

Yeah it's going to be completely insane. Especially if SKT gets peanut like everyone is saying.

SKT - KT is going to be incredible next year.

e: My question is what happens to Rox? Are they just going to sell their spot? Grab a bunch of amateurs? I have no idea.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 28, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The dream team
Top: Alex ich
Jungle: oddone
Mid: Alex ich, again
ADC: qtpie
Support: dyrus

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah it's going to be completely insane. Especially if SKT gets peanut like everyone is saying.

e: My question is what happens to Rox? Are they just going to sell their spot? Grab a bunch of amateurs? I have no idea.

I'm not sure Peanut is a great fit on the current iteration on SKT, but if there's anyone who can completely remold the team to take advantage of Peanut's obvs insane skill ceiling its Kkoma soo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also any team that involves Maknoon will have my heart and sword.

maknoon...

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Team potential

Flame/maknoon
Kez/watch
Forellenlord/link
Qtpie
Kiwikid

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think maknoon is pretty high on my list for most overrated ogn player

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

stump collector posted:

I think maknoon is pretty high on my list for most overrated ogn player

i don't think ppl like maknoon for being good. maknoon is loved for being loving hilarious / korean darien more than anything else imo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lovechop posted:

i don't think ppl like maknoon for being good. maknoon is loved for being loving hilarious / korean darien more than anything else imo

maknoon is a hero of the people

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkmUiIUpfQ

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
i'm glad of the exodus back to korea for these players, as it will confirm my theory that chinese fangirls ruin players even more efficiently than old cj players turned coach. also if flame and maknoon could play in ogn at the same time, it will make pitching my reality show style odd couple show with them trying to make it together in manhattan that much easier.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If Kt Signs Pawn all I have to say is: congrats to the 2017 world champions SKT

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Firebert posted:

If Kt Signs Pawn all I have to say is: congrats to the 2017 world champions SKT

Agreed but also if they don't sign him and snoring instead of saying congrats.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

Agreed but also if they don't sign him and snoring instead of saying congrats.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

If NA has all this money coming in and doesn't bring over any superstars just lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Na already has all the superstars except for double lift, who's taking a split off, and QTpie, who's too expensive for any team in the world.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

nobody appears to have noticed except one guy on twitter yet btw but locodoco's involvement with a nacs team this split got confirmed publically today

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Any word if SKT is going to keep two junglers like this season? Bengi/Peanut lineup in the jungle would be amazing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

h2k febiven

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
christ this year is a shakeup everywhere

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Interesting change. Wonder if Deathlord Ryu is heading back home or not. I know he talked about missing Korea a lot during pre-Worlds interviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to his roots.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Vermain posted:

Interesting change. Wonder if Deathlord Ryu is heading back home or not. I know he talked about missing Korea a lot during pre-Worlds interviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if he returned to his roots.
i actually heard that he was possibly going to do his military service although that may have changed

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Who the hell would Ryu play for in Korea? If there's a lot of talent coming back from China he can't have many options save riding a bench, and that's a maybe.

E: ^^ that might be a thing, I guess

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Back to his original team

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chris de Sperg posted:

i actually heard that he was possibly going to do his military service although that may have changed

Might not be a bad time to do it. Like Zwingley said, the Korean un-exodus looks to be filling up all the top slots for teams, anyways, so it might be better to just wait a year and see how things shake out after that.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
H2K with febiven is going to be so bad.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

Back to his original team

fined for trolling h2k was the best h2k

they'll do great i think (provided they pick up someone decent for adc)

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EU can't get much worse than 2016 though right?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Asema posted:

Famous last words right here

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Asema posted:

We got to semifinals baby, let's go

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Apparently Soaz is back on FNC http://www.lequipe.fr/Esport/Actualites/League-of-legends-paul-soaz-boyer-vers-un-retour-chez-fnatic/754354

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

If NA has all this money coming in and doesn't bring over any superstars just lol
Hopefully soon NA teams will learn that players like Reignover are once in a lifetime and not the average. More often than not a Korean player comes over and they're just marginally better than any other players are, and the investment in teaching them English and making sure they fit in with the team is usually seasons long so your investment doesn't turn out until a year or a year and a half later; that's a huge risk sometimes when a Pro's career is usually 3 years.

Asema posted:

lol

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 28, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

He was in fnatic team house for most of their playoffs run apparently helping them out so its quite possible. Apparently there was rumors that fnatic has a 10 man team. Rekkles still on that team.

This is the biggest shakeup in any preseason as big as when post worlds s4 when all good koreans left ogn. So many big name players like Forgiven, Piglet are unconfirmed. Also wtf happened to Piccaboo people were calling him the best support along with Gorilla but after worlds s5 he has been on a vacation.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

misfits posted a photo of kakao in their korean bootcamp gallery and then deleted it as best i can tell

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tbh misfit roster is actually pretty good maybe they can pull an origin or splyce this year. Selfie is pretty good midlaner and already has lcs experience. Hans is highly rated adc he is super young. Maybe playing these young hungry motivated players will make Kakao gain some of his old form back. The meta definitely suits his playstyle with champs like Lee being probably the strongest pick.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

soaz-amazing-caps-rekkles-jesiz roster confirmed well this day is going great

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ok I guess I'm a misfits fan now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
EU are you okay?

• Locked thread