Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pomp posted:

marvel vs disney would own tbh

id play the poo poo of of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

anime was right posted:

like i said, IG makes the most sense.

its probably not capcom, its probably all marvel or disney or something

For whatever it's worth, Disney aggressively shut their in-house games development down earlier this year, which is part of why people thought an MVC4 might happen at all. They're apparently going 100% third-party contractors for the foreseeable future.

They do have an absolute prohibition on featuring X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in new games, however, so unless there's a lot of aggressive behind-the-scenes dealing, an MVC4 wouldn't have Wolverine, Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix, or Magneto.

It'd probably have a bunch of loving Inhumans, though.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Wanderer posted:

They do have an absolute prohibition on featuring X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in new games, however, so unless there's a lot of aggressive behind-the-scenes dealing, an MVC4 wouldn't have Wolverine, Storm, Sentinel, Phoenix, or Magneto.

this recently changed apparently which is also very convenient

for real though gently caress inhumans, they're inferior garbage in every way

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Wanderer posted:

For whatever it's worth, Disney aggressively shut their in-house games development down earlier this year, which is part of why people thought an MVC4 might happen at all. They're apparently going 100% third-party contractors for the foreseeable future.

It'd probably have a bunch of loving Inhumans, though.

These are all the marvel characters I like. Maybe they could port their gameplay concepts to different characters?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Sade posted:

These are all the marvel characters I like. Maybe they could port their gameplay concepts to different characters?

I'd be really surprised if they didn't, although doing so would require some reasonably deep dives. The only character I can think of offhand who could effectively replicate Storm would be Weather Witch, who's been in all of two or three comics ever and who's literally the Chinese knockoff version of Storm.

Then again, Shuma-Gorath and Blackheart were about as obscure when MSH came out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I should probably stop dumping on Iron Galaxy, KI fans seem to like their game and they put together a fully-featured casual package with what I imagine is probably a way smaller budget than NRS or whoever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You could do a lot worse than Iron Galaxy but the game is gonna be Keits as gently caress... which might work for Marvel.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

mfny posted:

So spotted KOF XIV in the black friday PSN sale. I have not had a fighting game fix in a long time so decided to pick it up.. did I make a bad choice as id be looking for decant online play ?

PSN is "S1Nx81" if anyone is interested in playing with a newbie( I am in Europe/UK if that matters)

Seek out the UK king of fighters group on facebook for GGs. Alternatively, if you;re up north, pm me :>

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If I was Disney I've be doing Marvel vs Marvel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i was disney id just get bamco to do a star wars fighting game in the stlye of soul calibur

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Endorph posted:

if i was disney id just get bamco to do a star wars fighting game in the stlye of soul calibur

You mean Soul Calibur 4? :v:

halwain
May 31, 2011

This is propably nothing but i really hope its not going to be this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

2v2 is my poo poo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress the marvel movies forever

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
having mediocre chars with busted tier assists is cool and should remain a thing, gently caress 2v2 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

This.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I hope it's just a power stone clone

halwain
May 31, 2011
The assists are v-triggers :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Gonna give a hot "same" on this.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
2v2 + assist like the best Marvel game, MvC1.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Marvel vs PlayStation All Stars

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dias posted:

2v2 + assist like the best Marvel game, MvC1.

exactly

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
How often do stuff get discounted on PSN, should I get Revelator and KoF XIV now even though I'll only pick up a PS4 sometime January?

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Arzachel posted:

How often do stuff get discounted on PSN, should I get Revelator and KoF XIV now even though I'll only pick up a PS4 sometime January?
Do it now and use this coupon code which expires soon:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I asked on that KoF facebook group and didn't get a response for games, and most of the messages that were related to getting matches went along the lines of 'Here's my PSN, maybe I'll play you tomorrow' or 'I'll play whenever I get PS Plus', which has never ever resulted in matches in my experience.

You can still get random lobbies reasonably quickly between 4pm to midnight at least.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Seems like that code is only valid for the US but ah well. Might get CF too if it gets discounted later down the line.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
2v2 and every assist is a different divekick character

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fruitsnacks posted:

Do it now and use this coupon code which expires soon:

is this the most cyber Monday. how do i get bbcf for 5 dollars?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Marvel 4 is happening and it will have sentinel, magneto and cable in a 3v3 environment

mountainmanjed
Apr 2, 2013
People are going to trust a guy that can't click a related link to see that there was a 4th unused character in VF1?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also my good friends blackheart and ms marvel will be there

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Also my good friends blackheart and ms marvel will be there

Her name is Captain Marvel.

Unless you meant the current Ms Marvel in which case that would be cool.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lemon-Lime posted:

Her name is Captain Marvel.

Unless you meant the current Ms Marvel in which case that would be cool.

i do mean the current ms marvel

squirrel girl also needs to be there

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Get me Howard the Duck, is all I ask.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I think Jessica Jones would be cool in Marvel, and Luke Cage, and their assist could be the nurse from all the Netflix serieses.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
:goonsay: thats the night nurse

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If nothing else, MvC3 was a pretty lovely game to look at in terms of consistent visual design and character detail. A similar effort for MvC4 would make SFV look even flimsier.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
squirrel girl is like marvel's darling child right now so she'll definitely be there if this game exists

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Now that you mention it, SFV would look ten times better if it had the comic-book-style cel shading from MVC3. It'd help with that weird look SFV has, like everyone in it is an animated action figure.

Reiley posted:

I think Jessica Jones would be cool in Marvel, and Luke Cage, and their assist could be the nurse from all the Netflix serieses.

The best design for Luke in a fighting game would probably be what Marvel Heroes does: he's a straight-up brawler with the ability to call in backup from Danny, Misty, Colleen, and Jessica.

He'd also need to have a ton of armored moves Juggernaut-style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

moon knight and the orb for marvel 4