Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah for some reason the Beginner ranks are filled with meta decks, my first match was against a fully decked out Tempo Forestcraft deck and I got crushed. It gets better in D and C ranks however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'm C2 and facing complete tempo forest and this new PtP Rune deck that just spams cheap 2 PP 3/3 wards until they alter fate 3 times and win. I play mostly unranked for doing dailies. Just getting one Runecraft win when you have zero Dshifts is loving impossible.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm C2 and facing complete tempo forest and this new PtP Rune deck that just spams cheap 2 PP 3/3 wards until they alter fate 3 times and win. I play mostly unranked for doing dailies. Just getting one Runecraft win when you have zero Dshifts is loving impossible.

Speaking of PtP Rune, I'm actually gunna try streaming it in A rank in about 15 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/golden_battler

Come hang out if you feel like it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

frajaq posted:

Yeah for some reason the Beginner ranks are filled with meta decks, my first match was against a fully decked out Tempo Forestcraft deck and I got crushed. It gets better in D and C ranks however

Try non-ranked too. Got a quest to get a single victory and ran against 4 top-tier decks in a row. Why are they playing non-ranked? They could easily get wins for quests in ranked mode. Finally managed to beat a fully decked mid-range sword... when he disconnected.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Right as I bitch about my dirt poor Rune deck, I get an animated Merlin from a pack I got from struggling to get 7 wins for the past two hours.

That puts me at one Pascale and one Merlin so I'm torn on what type of deck to build.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

those 7 bronze/1 silver pack feels

my life for most of the last week

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I got my third fairy princess last week, that felt pretty bad too

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is fafnir any good

got him from a card pack

he looks rather unimpressive for the cost

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

General Morden posted:

is fafnir any good

got him from a card pack

he's insane in arena

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

is fafnir any good

got him from a card pack

He's good in ramp dragon. The idea is that you ramp and then use wyvern cavalier to make him (or some other big threat) come down faster, luckily clearing the small poo poo that will have certainly accumulated in the board by then.

Problem is that ramp dragon decks are stupid expensive and not as good as just chucking Forte and poo poo into their face.

On an unrelated note, what are you guys opinions about Unica in Elana? She's like the biggest target in the game when she comes down and people will suicide Fortes into her unicorn rear end but, besides the aggression-magnet, she procs very rarely so I mostly use her as an early game aggro management tool so I've thinking about replacing a copy with an extra barrage.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

General Morden posted:

is fafnir any good

got him from a card pack

Hes fantastic against decks that zoo you with weenies, he'll clear a board of forest/sword weenies and slap the opponent to death unless they have a response or combo . Not to mention board clears seem harder to fit into decks and most people seem to rely on 4 drops with a strong evo ability.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Been re-rolling all day, got the following:

Merlin
Aurelia
Queen Vampire
Rose Queen

No other legendaries. Keep or re-roll?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

re-roll imo

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And sometimes people don't get the memo (this guy tried to get some sweet cudgel value) and you end with an unevolved 8/8 Unica in round 4.

I wanted to let her grow but they disconnected. (what's with people and disconnects in this game?)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 28, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i only ever seem to play against JP players and they all seem to be pretty polite (at least in arena)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
How many packs should I be getting to re-roll with right now?

I've only been taking the first 10 tickets, are there more?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

interrodactyl posted:

you get 10 standard packs and 25 expansion packs

you also get like 100 gold as well (so you can buy 1 pack with that)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

interrodactyl posted:

There are 2 types of free tickets, regular and darkness evolved. You should have some DE ones left.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
That's going to make this a looooot easier then.

edit:

Went back and spent the rest of the tickets on the saved re-rolls I had:

Crystalia Tia x2
Gabriel
Enstatued Seraph
Dark Angel Olivia
Dragonsong Flute x3
Skullfane

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 28, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats not too bad

flutes and skullfane are disenchants

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also i made a budget storm haven deck. garuda is loving dirty

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Awesome! posted:

thats not too bad

flutes and skullfane are disenchants
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Flute deck is hilarious when it works and you can throw an endless stream of cheap dragons at face.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok sorry flute meme deck is a thing i guess.

just saw this, kind of cool.

i want it for an av

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

nah keep your current one

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I haven't seen many top-tier decks in lower ranks or in unranked at all and it's especially unlikely in low ranked since unlike in HS, you never go down in ranks.

Facing those decks there means you've had the bad luck facing real vigorous rerollers or people who have been too scared to even try Ranked until they got a super strong deck.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Kanfy posted:

people who have been too scared to even try Ranked until they got a super strong deck.

*waves hand*

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Awesome! posted:

also i made a budget storm haven deck. garuda is loving dirty

garuda is good and strong and my friend

i pulled out a seraph on someone earlier and was about to set it off on the final turn with garuda, except the 3 face damage just murdered them first. oops

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

nftyw posted:

*waves hand*

You get some decent rewards even with only a few wins from the achievements and score rewards, oughta give it a shot even with a budget deck.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Indecisive posted:

I got 2 tia and 2 olivia in mine :) it happens if you try enough. Wish I had gotten 2 merlins tho but I can't complain

I actually rerolled a few more times after and ended up with 2 Tia, 3 Olivia and 1 Odin alongside Mythril golem and a Pascale. I kept this since forest seems pretty funny and I could probably go along with some jank to get the ball rolling.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Ya Olivia is pretty nice starting out, you can throw a couple in basically any deck for some late game comeback since you probably wont be reliably ending games early

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

God I hope the new set gives a better way to play Seraph than within the Elana shell. I hate that mess when I'm playing it or playing against it.

I'm running into people packing Odin and Execution in decks where it makes no sense, I assume just because they hate this matchup.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i got the beast seraph in my sights

or maybe the black knight is a more apt comparison

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

After seeing the last cards revealed for the HS expansion I think I will stick with Shadowverse for now :sweatdrop:

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i liked the 5/1 stealth shadow rager for rogue

love funny memes

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't get how some of their brawls and adventures can be so wildly inventive and this is just another set of "Dudes And How to Make Them Huge"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Indecisive posted:

Ya Olivia is pretty nice starting out, you can throw a couple in basically any deck for some late game comeback since you probably wont be reliably ending games early

you probably dont need 3 olivias though. 2 is good.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was really proud of my garbage take two Swordcraft team until I singlehandedly lost to a Deathmist Dragon.

Had never even seen that card before that game but JESUS

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't get how some of their brawls and adventures can be so wildly inventive and this is just another set of "Dudes And How to Make Them Huge"

My guess is that in order to keep the game accessible to a broad range of people they actively try to keep the cards and interactions simple. The pros will figure out the proper way to play most of that stuff but kids and regular players won't be overwhelmed. Seems fine to me. My beef with heartstone is that it requires too much money or time in order to get a decent deck going. Outside of maybe zoo and a few others (freeze mage?). Buy adventure this, adventure that, then 40 packets to get a single legendary of expansion A and so on. It totally kills my desire to play the game.

Meanwhile, I went to check the shadowverse reddit and

quote:

Because we approve non-cynical artistic freedom, can understand slightly different cultural backgrounds, are against censorship, don't think body parts should be a taboo and can dive in to find deeper meaning instead of having overreactions over shallow perceptions?

Like, if you want it, i may create some threads explaining Moon Al-mi'raj artstyle relating it to Gijinka and cultural movements.

So :lol::lol::lol:

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I have two animated Kaguyas so I throw them in my Haven deck just because. Every time I play one, my opponent has to think for 40 seconds because no one know what that card does. The only useful thing the amulet did was make the strongest 1/1 Forte. That card would be good if it summoned the amulet either on evo or last words, not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I played take two twice. After stunningly winning with forestcraft in my very first arena game against swordcraft, I lost the next four.

For the next one, I drafted runecraft having never played it before and during my first game I realized playing story mode first might have been a better idea after I filled my board with five earth rites

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 28, 2016

• Locked thread