Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't even know there was a tank there, I was just doing my chores
http://i.imgur.com/NdRf6kJ.gifv

the long walk home
http://i.imgur.com/0mIqu9N.gifv
[jumped out, ended up on tail]

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The mortar is such a versatile tool. Blows up rock bridge in the desert, collapses roofs on stupid urban campers, can be set up in front of your own team's turd rock wookies to block their view and paint a large target on their ledges.

It has made the support medal tasks a little bit more fun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Pleads posted:

The mortar is such a versatile tool. Blows up rock bridge in the desert, collapses roofs on stupid urban campers, can be set up in front of your own team's turd rock wookies to block their view and paint a large target on their ledges.

It has made the support medal tasks a little bit more fun.

so I can smoke them and then put a mortar in front of them? Supply class just got better

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I heard a lot of people complaining about the suppression assist challenge earlier in the thread. Saying things like "If you hit the enemy, it counts as a kill assist, not a suppression assist," and, "if someone in your squad kills them it counts as a squad suppression assist, not a suppression assist."

Did they change something, because I was doing this challenge yesterday and constantly got kill assist, suppression assist, squad suppression assist, etc messages all on the same enemy. It's not just one or the other. It happened at least 5 times in an hour or so yesterday alone.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Popete posted:

I have a particular hatred for Amiens.

Why, it's the best map?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's true it is the best

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

moist turtleneck posted:

so I can smoke them and then put a mortar in front of them? Supply class just got better
Yes. Two separate mortars. Then when they move again, drop a supply crate in front of them.

RCarr posted:

I heard a lot of people complaining about the suppression assist challenge earlier in the thread. Saying things like "If you hit the enemy, it counts as a kill assist, not a suppression assist," and, "if someone in your squad kills them it counts as a squad suppression assist, not a suppression assist."

Did they change something, because I was doing this challenge yesterday and constantly got kill assist, suppression assist, squad suppression assist, etc messages all on the same enemy. It's not just one or the other. It happened at least 5 times in an hour or so yesterday alone.

I'm working on this now and have gotten suppress assists + kill assists. I haven't run in to any squad suppress assists to see if they overwrite the regular assist and don't count towards the medal. My big problem is finding a stable enough battle where I can whiz bullets over people's heads and have them get shot reliably by someone else.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

Why, it's the best map?

It's the Operation Locker of BF1. Granted it's not completely terrible, over all the maps are great in this game. But most of the time it devolves into a meat grinder over some central point and whoever grabs the tank raking in multikills with every shell fired.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

frank.club posted:

It's true it is the best

amiens is so loving good

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Uhhh Amiens is not like operation locker at all. Amiens has so many different ways around choke points that you never need to go near them. Argonne is much closer to what you're talking about. Amiens is for sure the best map

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The limpet charge is amazing. Popped it on a bunker door and got a double kill. And it created a nice new entrance for the rest of the team.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
how does it compare to dynamite in terms of gently caress-poo poo-upability? it's hard to stop using based c4 because it is practically space engineered for comedy but limpet seem like the same thing just timed and sticky. Time to level up my support guy

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Limpets are still cool. It's fun to toss them into the gate alcoves if people are defending them on Ballroom Blitz.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Horses have infinite grenades and they reload very quick, these grenades are anti-armour. Horses are really bad news for tanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjXnd5BHDo

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

mellowjournalism posted:

how does it compare to dynamite in terms of gently caress-poo poo-upability? it's hard to stop using based c4 because it is practically space engineered for comedy but limpet seem like the same thing just timed and sticky. Time to level up my support guy

Limpet charges have the advantage that they will explode when you drop them. Often I get shot down when I'm trying to detonate my dynamite. This doesn't matter with limpet charges.
But I guess yo can throw Dynamite a bit further, and the fact that you can throw 3 sticks of it is also pretty cool I guess.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Anyone ever get a bug where they can't place a mortar as a support? Every 1 in like 10 lives I just don't get any response when I mash on the left D pad.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That's just a cooldown, not a bug. It always works for me eventually.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hmm, strange. Any idea what causes the cooldown?

Also I don't think I'm using the airburst rounds right, the HE seems to do more damage against literally everything.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The HE does a lot more damage but has a much smaller radius

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Guys lets log on tonight and stomp sum pubs. Making a party in the PS4 battlegoons group.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Pleads posted:

Anyone ever get a bug where they can't place a mortar as a support? Every 1 in like 10 lives I just don't get any response when I mash on the left D pad.

At the risk of asking a stupid question: Did you already place one during those lives that you are talking about? I'm pretty sure the mortar becomes a fixed position after you place it and you cannot place it again after exiting it.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Elliptical Dick posted:

At the risk of asking a stupid question: Did you already place one during those lives that you are talking about? I'm pretty sure the mortar becomes a fixed position after you place it and you cannot place it again after exiting it.

yeah why CAN'T you loving pick up and move your mortar? would that just make it too OP or somethign?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Guys lets log on tonight and stomp sum pubs. Making a party in the PS4 battlegoons group.

Ps4 krew assemble

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slug shotgun on hardcore is no loving joke. This thing can get collaterals

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The horrors of war

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Baconfeet/video/24000270

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The artillery truck has the best mounted machine gun in the game.

Why don't more people see this thing as a threat yet? As soon as I get in a tank it starts raining AT grenades. If I get the truck I'm 15 kills deep before anyone even looks at me.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Elliptical Dick posted:

I move them all the time. On PS4 you press square to pick it up. In fact you have to do this after shooting all 5 shots to reload and shoot again. Drop an ammo crate and wait a sec then redeploy the mortar.

I have problems deploying too but it is usually the terrain you are trying to deploy on. Move to flatter ground or just around a bit until you see the yellow ghost mortar thing.

I should be back on PS4 krew tonight or tomorrow. I have been busy with holiday crap and then the last few nights I have been re-configuring my whole gaming area. Still have a bit to do but it is stuff that can happen slowly over the next week or two.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

sunday at work posted:

Why don't more people see this thing as a threat yet? As soon as I get in a tank it starts raining AT grenades. If I get the truck I'm 15 kills deep before anyone even looks at me.

Maybe.

But when you hit a infantry dude with a shell from a main tank, he make a funny ragdoll animation. And is too fun.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Arty Truck is the best thing in this game, and I rain death upon my enemies every time I touch one. :getin:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Trastion posted:

I move them all the time. On PS4 you press square to pick it up. In fact you have to do this after shooting all 5 shots to reload and shoot again. Drop an ammo crate and wait a sec then redeploy the mortar.

I have problems deploying too but it is usually the terrain you are trying to deploy on. Move to flatter ground or just around a bit until you see the yellow ghost mortar thing.

I should be back on PS4 krew tonight or tomorrow. I have been busy with holiday crap and then the last few nights I have been re-configuring my whole gaming area. Still have a bit to do but it is stuff that can happen slowly over the next week or two.

I've never been able to pick up my mortar. Haven't played much support since the patch though. I tried everything before.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I don't think you can pick up your mortar. You hafta use all five rounds on wherever you set it down, then wait for the cooldown before you can use it again.

Remember you get a free smoke mortar by pressing d-pad left.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

RCarr posted:

The Arty Truck is the best thing in this game, and I rain death upon my enemies every time I touch one. :getin:

Yep. 15+ kills last night while plinking at an armored train, tanks whizzing everywhere and for some reason I'm not seen as a threat? Ok, sign me up

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I don't think you can pick up your mortar. You hafta use all five rounds on wherever you set it down, then wait for the cooldown before you can use it again.

Remember you get a free smoke mortar by pressing d-pad left.

Wait, what? Free smoke?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Hey man I try to take those fuckers out, but they're so much more mobile than tanks. If you get one hit with a rifle rocket before it scarpers over a hill or nukes you back, you're lucky. Tanks tend to stick more or less to roads and more trafficked areas, relying on their armor to keep them safe while capping a point or enroute, making them more susceptible to mines. Arty truck is either hiding over hills in low traffic areas or driving like a drunken senior citizen through a farmers market which makes them much harder to pin down.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Do ammo pouches restock limpets? Or do you need to use the crate?
I haven't noticed the crate do anything to speed up mortar deployment or restocking. I think that's just on a strict cooldown timer.
Another question, do spot flares work/do anything in hardcore?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Finger Prince posted:

Do ammo pouches restock limpets? Or do you need to use the crate?
I haven't noticed the crate do anything to speed up mortar deployment or restocking. I think that's just on a strict cooldown timer.

Yes they recharge limpets. I just found out that limpets are amazing to bring down entire buildings:stare:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Elliptical Dick posted:

Nah there were times where I spawned and went to place one and could not.

Unless it carries over from past lives until the mortar times out/is destroyed, which may make a whole bunch of sense.

I usually don't notice because if I can't drop one down I find the nearest meat-grindiest part of the map to run headlong into.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Finger Prince posted:

I asked the same thing last night. It sounded like it was making the score popup for spot assists but I wasn't paying attention to the scoreboard. You can still use them to set people on fire though.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Auxiliary Treats posted:

You can still use them to set people on fire

that's always the best use of flares

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTarLL4yJ90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

sunday at work posted:

Pubbies are dumb as hell. I occasionally kill enough people to get death squads chasing me but more of them try to run straight at me with anti tank grenades rather than using the rifle.

Also, I love dropping mines on main roads in the arty truck, forgetting about them, then getting multi kills off a heavy tank or landship a few minutes later :henget:

My arty truck whoring obsession is worse than my vehicle whoring in the previous games.