Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Smokin some mids and ordered a veggie pizza, my life is worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Waking up clear headed and having some Vegemite toast with the missus.

My Life is pretty good

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Pockyless posted:

You could always use a smokebuddy or a homemade spoof.

I've always called it a doob-tube.

I also have fabric softening sheets in the vents, spray vinegar beforehand and maybe spray some cologne near the front door.

nawcom posted:

I vape inside with my pax and you would never be able to tell that i did from odors in the air so i think you're worrying a bit too much

Can weed make you paranoid?

Should I open my windows in an apartment complex setting? I don't want to screw up the vacuum/air pressure and have all that smoke/vapor billowing into the halls resulting in my eviction. (I just moved in)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do you live in a legal state? Because unless your lease says otherwise, light the gently caress up.

Illegal state? gently caress your neighbors, open a window.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Do you live in a legal state? Because unless your lease says otherwise, light the gently caress up.

Illegal state? gently caress your neighbors, open a window.

It's decriminalized here and almost medically legal for the terminally ill but should I really open the window?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I know it's their rear end, but man it sucks when your dealer keeps stringing you along for 4 days, then just goes quiet. You know I'm good for it, and I'm a big spender!

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

^This is why you don't text.^

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

BirryJoru posted:

^This is why you don't text.^

True. However, emergency averted! Old school incubus songs for some nostalg poo poo :350:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BirryJoru posted:

It's decriminalized here and almost medically legal for the terminally ill but should I really open the window?

poo poo those are still poo poo laws.

Honestly, I've almost always smoked outside, whether apartment or house or unfortunately living with family. I take into account what's going on around me and generally try to keep from making it obvious, but otherwise just go about with my hitter and box and walk the dog or smoke at odd hours. Never was hassled about it while living in the South, but I wasn't taking bong hits on the street corner in a tiedye shirt. I never tried to hide the smell with more than a cloud of cigarette smoke. Now that I'm in a legal state, it doesn't matter.

You don't have to be paranoid about it. Maybe feel out your neighbors, do they seem like they'd give a poo poo? Or are they old, super-christian, or advertise their super-rampant anti-drug feelings? In most of those lovely cases, you can probably get by just fine smoking after they hit the sheets, so around 10pm. Just be cautious and you'll be fine.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I got Pineapple Express and I couldn't tell you if it's mids or better but it's not as good as the OG Kush I had last week. :shrug:

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

poo poo those are still poo poo laws.

Honestly, I've almost always smoked outside, whether apartment or house or unfortunately living with family. I take into account what's going on around me and generally try to keep from making it obvious, but otherwise just go about with my hitter and box and walk the dog or smoke at odd hours. Never was hassled about it while living in the South, but I wasn't taking bong hits on the street corner in a tiedye shirt. I never tried to hide the smell with more than a cloud of cigarette smoke. Now that I'm in a legal state, it doesn't matter.

You don't have to be paranoid about it. Maybe feel out your neighbors, do they seem like they'd give a poo poo? Or are they old, super-christian, or advertise their super-rampant anti-drug feelings? In most of those lovely cases, you can probably get by just fine smoking after they hit the sheets, so around 10pm. Just be cautious and you'll be fine.

Pretty much all of that. My newbie assistant manager spends a bunch of time at her newly engaged fiancés place around the corner inline the only elevator. Other than that, neighbors seem pretty cool and my schedule is of the moon.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Whoa weed thread high again hope vibes are good and strong and good and poo poo

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
working the second shift in a back to back set of two 13 hr shifts. i want 2 die

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i think thc is making holes in my brain i am going mostly cbd i think but poo poo i'm out wtf will i do

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If weed is fully legalized in the states, we might need special resort spas for people who need to take a break from weed to lower their tolerance levels. Kinda like for people in rehab, but like---in reverse :aaa:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Wicker Man posted:

If weed is fully legalized in the states, we might need special resort spas for people who need to take a break from weed to lower their tolerance levels. Kinda like for people in rehab, but like---in reverse :aaa:

I think a t-break resort sounds Tops. Like a self sustaining community where you help farm and swim in watering holes and are productive and are too tired to smoke dope att the end of the the day

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5s1-Fe9FA

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i smoked weed then i fell asleep playing skyrim and when i woke up lydia had killed half of riften and i was now a fugitive from the law

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

i smoked weed then i fell asleep playing skyrim and when i woke up lydia had killed half of riften and i was now a fugitive from the law

Hahahaha

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty hungover, so I smoked some weed and made a sour dough grilled cheese. It was awesome.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i watched the new star wars and have question about it: how does a space janitor on a planet full of soldiers get promoted straight to the elite death squad?

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Weeds cool. I have baby lungs so I just do edibles though sometimes they make me hear too well and it's overwhelming

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
im at work about to smoke a blunt to myself for reasons

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

reallivedinosaur posted:

i watched the new star wars and have question about it: how does a space janitor on a planet full of soldiers get promoted straight to the elite death squad?

affirmative action

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
This guy told me that strain type doesn't matter for edibles, because the terpenes aren't preserved by extraction or some poo poo. However, he also told me to watch my back when the 13th zodiac was in ascension, so I want a second opinion.

Anyone know how cannabinoid ratios change when turning bud into edibles?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Zorodius posted:

This guy told me that strain type doesn't matter for edibles, because the terpenes aren't preserved by extraction or some poo poo. However, he also told me to watch my back when the 13th zodiac was in ascension, so I want a second opinion.

Your friend is tight, my man. Always watch your back when the 13th zodiac is ascending.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Don't even get me started on the 14th zodiac

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Vladimir Putt-Putt posted:

im at work about to smoke a blunt to myself for reasons

A big reason called "erryting irie"

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I was too tired to smoke weed last night, what is wrong with me ?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you were cleverly playing the long game of 'get higher tonight'

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Zorodius posted:

dont know what your friend is talking about

if you make two pans of pot brownies, one with super dank high THC bud, the next with CBD only bud and nearly no THC, they will have totally different effects

if you're extracting 99.9% pure THC to add to candies, really doesnt matter where the THC came from

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

he is kind of right in that generally all you get from an extraction is THC so yeah it doesn't matter a whole lot what your wax/shatter was produced from... but edibles aren't really made with concentrates and the cooking temp to make cannabutter is nowhere near the temp necessary to burn off the non-THC stuff (if it was your butter would be burnt as gently caress) so that doesn't really make sense

maybe he meant that it doesn't really matter if you use top shelf or mids or whatever? Because yeah the better weed will make for stronger edibles I suppose but you can get dank edibles from lovely weed, too, so it is kind of a waste of the good stuff (ie if you are buying an oz to bake, just get mids).

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

The THC/CBD ratio definitely contributes to whether you get a more psychedelic and creative high vs a painkilling couchlock sorta thing. I'm not sure what the hell all these strain terpene profile things are though, apparently they are what creates the nuance between a sativa that makes you euphoric and hungry or a sativa that makes you more sociable and treats depression.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A Jupiter posted:

The THC/CBD ratio definitely contributes to whether you get a more psychedelic and creative high vs a painkilling couchlock sorta thing. I'm not sure what the hell all these strain terpene profile things are though, apparently they are what creates the nuance between a sativa that makes you euphoric and hungry or a sativa that makes you more sociable and treats depression.

Terpenes are some serious weed nerdery and I have serious doubts about how well you can track them across strains, but then again there are people who can taste a wine and tell you what the weather was like during the growing season for those grapes so who knows:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kelp Me! posted:

but then again there are people who can taste a wine and tell you what the weather was like during the growing season for those grapes so who knows:

I'm not completely sure but I think studies/statistics indicate these people are full of poo poo like 90% of the time, fwiw.

That said idk I can ID certain strains just from smoking/smelling/looking at a bit of it. Green crack is pretty easy to ID for me, as is Trainwreck. Still I bet you most of the weed connoisseur types are just talking out their rear end in a top hat most of the time just because people tend to do that. Terpines exist and do different things sure, but people take that poo poo way too far in terms of 'oh I can taste berries with a hint of vanilla and pine' imo.

I mean I can taste obvious things like if the weed wasn't flushed right or whatever but there's no fuckin' way I can take a hit of something sight unseen and tell you the strain (or the parent strains of the cross) and all the effects it has just based on that initial hit and a couple minutes of swirling smoke around in my mouth. But maybe I just don't have the gift.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 28, 2016

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not completely sure but I think studies/statistics indicate these people are full of poo poo like 90% of the time, fwiw.

That said idk I can ID certain strains just from smoking/smelling/looking at a bit of it. Green crack is pretty easy to ID for me, as is Trainwreck. Still I bet you most of the weed connoisseur types are just talking out their rear end in a top hat most of the time just because people tend to do that. Terpines exist and do different things sure, but people take that poo poo way too far in terms of 'oh I can taste berries with a hint of vanilla and pine' imo.

I mean I can taste obvious things like if the weed wasn't flushed right or whatever but there's no fuckin' way I can take a hit of something sight unseen and tell you the strain (or the parent strains of the cross) and all the effects it has just based on that initial hit and a couple minutes of swirling smoke around in my mouth. But maybe I just don't have the gift.

Do you vaporize or only smoke it? There's a MAJOR difference in flavor between the two. Whenever I compare the poo poo leafly says about a strain I just got from a trustworthy dispensary, they match up very well. Anytime I smoke it, which is pretty rare these days out of preference, that flavor is gone and overpowered with the harshness of the combusted material. Inhaling unfiltered smoke by itself does enough temporary damage to taste buds and sense of smell as is. That's why I prefer vaping myself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nawcom posted:

Do you vaporize or only smoke it? There's a MAJOR difference in flavor between the two. Whenever I compare the poo poo leafly says about a strain I just got from a trustworthy dispensary, they match up very well. Anytime I smoke it, which is pretty rare these days out of preference, that flavor is gone and overpowered with the harshness of the combusted material. Inhaling unfiltered smoke by itself does enough temporary damage to taste buds and sense of smell as is. That's why I prefer vaping myself

Ah yeah I pretty much smoke exclusively.

Leafly and dispensaries match up pretty well don't get me wrong; there is validity to 'oh this strain tastes like X which does these things.' I'm just highly suspicious of the connoisseur types, maybe unfairly.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean yeah I can sometimes ID a strain (or at least the general type) based on how it looks, and on occasion by the taste if it's a Lemon or Sour Diesel strain, and there is absolutely a huge difference between smoking a pure indica and a pure sativa.

But considering even in Colorado, the most tightly regulated legal weed location in the world, the THC measurements on the label have some crazy high variance (I want to say they're allowed something like a 15-20% margin of error), I have a hard time believing that people can accurately measure individual terpene concentrations, much less actually be able to tell the difference when smoked.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I can tell the difference between when I smoke weed and when I don't smoke weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't even know if I can anymore :(