Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aeryk posted:

Just pretend your student loans are actually your savings

Just pretend you do your budget in SAP and suddenly all those minuses are your friends. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Technically my mortgage is my savings

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
I miss SAP. This place has a piece of poo poo from the late 90's that I have to run direct sql commands on if I want anything slightly different from what's built in.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gin and Juche posted:

No, it is not. Let me tell you about individual valuation and it should be mandatory...

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Alejandro Macias, "The Handsomest Pepper". Oil on canvas 48" by 60"

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
What is it with peppers and bloatees, jeez

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

"i could have made an extremely strong statement and possibly encouraged others to do the same, but nah"

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Really you should be saving, it is very important that you save. No, no, what are you talking about, "student loan debt"? Seems like you should've majored in something other than gender studies or underwater basketweaving :smugdog:.

code:
learn to code

:ssh: so we get a glut of programmers and can push down their wages :ssh:

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
Learn to do something else and pick up coding as a hobby so you can avoid the programmer stigma and get paid a lot better

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
sure are a lot of people in the pipeline thread rooting for the deaths of the natives who are standing in the path of civilization's forward march (another oil pipeline for private profit)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Aeryk posted:

Learn to do something else and pick up coding as a hobby so you can avoid the programmer stigma and get paid a lot better

If I picked up coding in addition to accounting I'd turn into a total uber-nerd and who would want that?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Randler posted:

If I picked up coding in addition to accounting I'd turn into a total uber-nerd and who would want that?

"turn into"

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Aeryk posted:

Had to put down my favorite cat, 2016 really going down swinging

I recently had to do the same to one of mine, catdolences. :(

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
accounting leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to coding

give in to the dark side

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
oh great the osu guy was a freshman from somali

pogroms :(

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Well that's just great.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
even damnation is poisoned with rainbows

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
apparently republicans are serious about killing medicare this time? well thats cool

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my current workplace runs on sap, which is good because i'm actually getting proficient in a software that businesses use for once instead of some weird bespoke semi-functional lump of code with no gui that the nerds in the corner cobbled together over their lunch break

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

rear end struggle posted:

oh great the osu guy was a freshman from somali

pogroms :(

Was he part of that department? It seemed like they were particularly targeted and had some knowledge as to their fire drill

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wait has there been another campus shooting

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Gin and Juche posted:

Not when that bubble bursts again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

apparently republicans are serious about killing medicare this time? well thats cool

yeah they are salivating and rolling out plans on what they are going to do. the plans are gut all entitlements.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Avshalom posted:

wait has there been another campus shooting

it was a stabbing

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh that's ok then

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/803215159720284160

boris johnson talking like a grownup is the only thing that gives me hope about a trump administration.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

That's been Paul Ryan's open agenda forever...?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd breathe a big sigh of relief if Petraeus got the sec of state nod given all the other candidates.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Boris Johnson should be the secretary of state

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
astrophysics and religion both bring me joy and comfort but this loving job has plunged me straight into existential despair. who am i? what is my purpose? do i actually matter to anyone or anything? can i effect real change in the world or am i doomed to be a self-loathing paperwork drone forever with no reprieve until my death? what if my life is just a glimpse into the great cosmic theatre and instead of working in an office for three months i've been trapped in a perpetual cycle of reincarnation into a perpetual population of self-loathing office drones or the contextual technological equivalent for three eons? what if this is all there is? not just now, not just for me, but forever and for everyone? what if this IS as good as it gets for my species?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Avshalom posted:

astrophysics and religion both bring me joy and comfort but this loving job has plunged me straight into existential despair. who am i? what is my purpose? do i actually matter to anyone or anything? can i effect real change in the world or am i doomed to be a self-loathing paperwork drone forever with no reprieve until my death? what if my life is just a glimpse into the great cosmic theatre and instead of working in an office for three months i've been trapped in a perpetual cycle of reincarnation into a perpetual population of self-loathing office drones or the contextual technological equivalent for three eons? what if this is all there is? not just now, not just for me, but forever and for everyone? what if this IS as good as it gets for my species?

You should cherish your office work and being reincarnated in corporeal form because I was a stapler in my past life as a office worker

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

Maybe once you have the answer you'll regret asking the question in the first place, or maybe the universe is trying to prove to itself that it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Rhesus Pieces posted:

code:
learn to code
:ssh: so we get a glut of programmers and can push down their wages :ssh:

Except programming is drat near an art and not everyone can do it well. If you can actually program well, you can demand much, much more.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

poemdexter posted:

Except programming is drat near an art and not everyone can do it well. If you can actually program well, you can demand much, much more.

Anyone can program well if they just belive in themselves.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

poemdexter posted:

Except programming is drat near an art

It's actually a skilled trade, op.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i can program g code, ama

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
whatchya'll know about mazatrol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Fun Shoe
far too many dimensions, anything more than two is witchraft

• Locked thread