Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

quite stretched out posted:

I wish I'd not used the volt so much to be honest, every other gun feels like I'm playing drunk now. putting a single hitscan weapon in a game where everything else has travel time seems counter-intuitive at best

There's only a few guns with bullet travel afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
really? the volt is the only one I think I've seen mentioned and it definitely feels different to a lot of the others but I'm incredibly dumb so I might be wrong

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quite stretched out posted:

really? the volt is the only one I think I've seen mentioned and it definitely feels different to a lot of the others but I'm incredibly dumb so I might be wrong
The majority of weapons are hitscan (e: not most titan weapons, obviously). Some of them have tracers that make it look like they aren't hitscan, like Volt.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Knifegrab posted:

Remember the key is to phase shift, wait a tiny bit, then immediately change direction or act squirley.

About 75% of my shifts last night were pretty much useless. A lot of the time I'd phase on reaction and get killed after entering, but it's the internet so what are you going to do. The really annoying part started when I was watching killcams. The little particle trail followed me as I turned. I'd see myself phase, watch the trail follow me as I went, then the time I was actually unseen was so short that if you kept yourself aimed at the trail I'd be on your screen when I popped out unless there was a convenient doorway or something. On PC you can probably mouse turn and slide back through them but most people run/boost straight back anyway so it doesn't help much.

Just going to switch to cloak or pilot sentry like everyone else.

Wazzit posted:

<more laser murder>

I really want to learn Tone but don't have the accuracy on console to laser pilots. Apparently I'm not alone because no one ever lasers me, even on a goose.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
The only projectile weapons are the Kraber, double take, mastiff, Mozambique, LSTAR, and all the grenadier weapons. And all the antititan weapons minus the charge rifle of course

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Mailer posted:

About 75% of my shifts last night were pretty much useless. A lot of the time I'd phase on reaction and get killed after entering, but it's the internet so what are you going to do. The really annoying part started when I was watching killcams. The little particle trail followed me as I turned. I'd see myself phase, watch the trail follow me as I went, then the time I was actually unseen was so short that if you kept yourself aimed at the trail I'd be on your screen when I popped out unless there was a convenient doorway or something. On PC you can probably mouse turn and slide back through them but most people run/boost straight back anyway so it doesn't help much.

Just going to switch to cloak or pilot sentry like everyone else.

I really want to learn Tone but don't have the accuracy on console to laser pilots. Apparently I'm not alone because no one ever lasers me, even on a goose.

Tone doesn't have the laser. Ion does. Tone has the cannon and shoulder missles

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

s.i.r.e. posted:

The only thing that sucks rear end about Phase is the delay when activating it and it should be instant, don't all of the other perks come out as soon as you press the button? I've had many deaths because of the half-second it takes for the "squeeze the tech thingy to activate" animation to actually go. At least make the thing faster.

Naw it shouldn't be. Its activation time is quick and if it were instant it'd go from a strong tactical to completely broken.

Also everyone saying don't ADS is just flat out wrong, so that's kind of weird. I hope you all realize you can ads and play the floor is laval/wallrun to your hearts content (especially with hte faster ads perk).

If you don't ads in times you should you are literally going to be worse off (this might be a PC only thing).

Pretty much the only time I beat Codeacious on the scoreboard is when I am using the flatline and you can bet your butt I am moving fast and ADSing.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

blackguy32 posted:

Tone doesn't have the laser. Ion does. Tone has the cannon and shoulder missles

Er, yeah I meant Ion.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
oh, cheers for the heads up about me being wrong, i guess i was just playing really bad after i regenned haha. in that case i'll just shift the blame on to no longer having stim unlocked!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Does ADS increase weapon accuracy at a distance or is it just an aiming and possibly zooming aid?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

The Midniter posted:

Does ADS increase weapon accuracy at a distance or is it just an aiming and possibly zooming aid?

Absolutely increases accuracy. On some guns like the devotion or AR's (or volt) to an insane degrees.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

The Midniter posted:

It actively fucks up the accuracy of SMGs actually. Dunno about other guns

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

It actively fucks up the accuracy of SMGs actually. Dunno about other guns

What do you mean by this? Every gun is more accurate when ADS'd.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Knifegrab posted:

There's a video out there that shows the Volt, CAR, and one other gun are actually less accurate in ADS.

I can't find it though. But it's real. It uses the test range at the Gauntlet.

It's extremely counter-intuitive, but it shows the groupings and they are worse under ADS.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

FrothyOmen, aka "Good At Titanfall 2 Guy", had a section in one of his streams where he hipfires and ADS fires the CAR and shows how much more recoil you get while ADS'd.

Found the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBPHqVXJAs&t=1200s

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I don't doubt that there is more recoil when ADS but I am fairly certain that the first shot of a gun when ADS will always be much much more accurate when ADS, making burst fire at range accurate.

Also on the flatline at least, though the recoil is crazy, the bullets always go exactly where the crosshair is, when firing from the hip the accuracy cone is huge. I will have to test this further when I get home.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 29, 2016

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Do the 2XP boosts from Mountain Dew give you double happy hour merits as well?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Dreyvas posted:

Do the 2XP boosts from Mountain Dew give you double happy hour merits as well?

Yes

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I got the Kraber to gen 2 and used the CAR for the next match

It's like the weights have come off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man I love exoplanet but that first drop in bounty hunt has to be just about the most annoying one in the game. Maybe the one in complex is worse but that map sucks on all fronts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Got more Dewitos codes if anyone still hasn't gotten than takedown or ion skin

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Hi, my name is Ripoff and I'm a loving idiot who mistyped and submitted my stupid origin user name on my stupid tablet and I deserve to have my ugly, tiny, misshapen fingers broken to prevent me from being stupid on the internet anymore and also a football up my butt.

(Who can I ask to help me correct my Origin username because I'm a loving idiot?)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Ripoff posted:

Hi, my name is Ripoff and I'm a loving idiot who mistyped and submitted my stupid origin user name on my stupid tablet and I deserve to have my ugly, tiny, misshapen fingers broken to prevent me from being stupid on the internet anymore and also a football up my butt.

(Who can I ask to help me correct my Origin username because I'm a loving idiot?)

i'd guess antoine silvere, he's the op of the thread and the first person listed in the spreadsheet so it seems like a good starting point at least. if its any consolation i managed to type out a different forums name to what my forums name actually is :v:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

The devotion is pretty good guys.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
The L-STAR may not be the most efficient weapon, but man it's super satisfying to rack up kills, especially when a buddy helps you out with a well timed gravity star:

(And then I got myself killed at the end by staring dumbly at the scoreboard :v:)

Exposure fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 29, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

OK so I did some testing regarding ADS, accuracy, recoil, control etc.

On every single gun: Your gun becomes deadly accurate when ADS'd. However different recoil patterns can make it very very difficult to control. So the alternator is actually going to shoot almost exactly where the crosshair is, even when in full wallrun/flight, but hte problem is, controlling it past that point is a nightmare.

On most guns the hipfire spread is hot garbage, but after adsing, though the recoil can be more noticeable, will have a much much tighter spread. Again it will also be precisely accurate.

SMG's are a weird case though. They're first shot is almost always laser accurate from the hip. Even in full flight your bullet will generally land perfectly in the center of you crosshair (there is a little dot for it). With most guns this is sort of true, with AR's for example your first shot will be close to the center but for SMG's its bang on. After the first shot though their spread of fire will fall somewhere within their crosshair and not dead center unless you give the gun some recovery time.

Also of note is the spread of smgs when fired from the hip is almost the same as when fired ADS. In fact the spreads are characteristically different. The alternator for instance will have an almost purely horizontal spread when fired from the hip. However when fired from ADS the spread is slightly smaller horizontally but gains some vertical spread.

In summation:

Most guns you should ADS from if the person is at any signifcant range and you have time to ADS on target, it will bring your spread down, and give you higher accuracy assuming you can compensate for loss of control. HOWEVER with smgs it is very comparable the spread you recieve when ads or hipfiring so the choice to ADS should only be made on very very long range targets where burst firing will ensure control and accuracy.

Hope this helps guys.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think the Flatline recoil stats are misleading. The gun is way more accurate than the game says it is.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can confirm l-star is good

Flatline is "ok" but there's a ton of better options. I think it's fair to say in this game not one gun is really dominating right now, which is great

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think Volt and Devotion are kinda dominating...

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Ugh. I cannot train my fingers to do the constant slide hopping. I always end up losing momentum somehow. I either keep my finger on W, double jump while still holding either A or D, or run into a wall and it makes my pilot stand up like he wants to run on it. I was watching some pro guy do it in normal games and I think I'm just too old at 33 to do this thing.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Anidav posted:

I think Volt and Devotion are kinda dominating...

I have definitely felt at times the Volt is oppressive, now that I've had the displeasure of playing against teams where all six of them are using it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Anidav posted:

I think the Flatline recoil stats are misleading. The gun is way more accurate than the game says it is.

As far as I can tell every single gun is laser accurate when ADS'd so I am not sure what the "accuracy" stat means, unless it is talking about control, because that is the problem to overcome when ADSing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The flatline isn't very good but it's very satisfying. The recoil is just too much but it's fun to use for sure.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

The flatline isn't very good but it's very satisfying. The recoil is just too much but it's fun to use for sure.

Are you playing on console. I find the recoil really easy to manage but I play with a mouse so maybe that's why?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I've got it to G5 now and my experience is that unless your target is super far away don't ADS with it. It's nearly as accurate hipfired but it doesn't have the horrible horizontal recoil. If you do have to ADS with it do a little A/D/A/D strafe dance to compensate. Once you start treating it more like an SMG it becomes a godlike weapon. The RNG gods cans still gently caress you with it but it'll happen way less often that way.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Flatline is rock solid at close range with no ads. To answer knifegrab yeah I'm on console and I feel like it's not great even at close medium range.

Went back and unlocked everything for the CAR after a guy yesterday was saying it's statistically better than the R209 and I still feel like the R209 is unmatched for me at least. Really enjoying the CAR though since I skipped leveling it back when the game came out since it left a bad impression back then. It's definetly a fun gun.

I just really can't find anything else that is as versatile as the R209. it stands up to SMGs at close range with no ADS, and can pick snipers off sometimes at long range, to top it off it's best at medium range. The car is noticeably worse at range and honestly doesn't seem much better if at all in close quarters.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Mr.Citrus posted:

The devotion is pretty good guys.

Checks out.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ripoff posted:

Post your origin name and I'll fix it in the spreadsheet

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I think certain guns that excel on the PC will be somewhat terrible on the console. I'm nearly gen 5 and the flatline is hands down my favorite gun on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Can someone show me how to Ronin? I dash in and melee like I see other Ronins do, but I never survive the inevitable retaliation. :saddowns:

I feel like the only way to play him is to evade constantly until you see enemy Titans start to drop health, then go for the flank with sword core, assuming you survive that long.

Needs another bar of health/shield, a damage increase or another dash