Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Looks like I grabbed the right Washington RB. Luckily I didn't actually need him this week. Shady can't stay healthy now though....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Wow was sweating there for a while there. Needed Latavius to get like 5.70 pts and up until the 5:30 mark of the 4th I was behind, at one point by .08 points! Still not over I guess, but even a fumble is covered now WHEW.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Happy to have kept, and started, Jalen Richard.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK so, shall we talk about the playoff race? There's two weeks left in our regular season.

In my own Division 3, 1017 BRICK SQUAD and Concord Concordes have identical Points For, but BRICK is ahead by two games, with two games left... and the week 13 matchup is Concordes vs. BRICK. In week 12, BRICK is facing the Cougars: if he wins that match, he clinches the division regardless. I'm facing the Chefs, and I need to win that match to still be in contention for the division.

I'm Pretty Garbage At This is also still in the running, playing a tough match against Ash Ketchum this week that he has to win. If he does, then he also needs to win his game against the Hawk Hunters in week 13. If he wins both matches, though, he's still 121 Points For behind BRICK and the Concordes, so his path to winning the tiebreaker with an 8-5 record against a BRICK SQUAD that lost two games or a Concordes that won two games is thin.

The Hawk Hunters at 3-8 are out of contention for any playoff spot, even the wildcard, but can still act as a spoiler in week 13, and of course, any team not making the playoff bracket can still contend for the $20 prize in the consolation bracket.

In Division 2, we have three teams with positive records. The 8-3 Second Round Kickers have not clinched yet, though, because at 7-4, Ash Ketchum is only one game back, and the Cougars also have a path to an 8-5 record if they win two games running. The Kickers are playing BALLS OF FURY this week, and then their divisional matchup in week 13 is against Team McLean, who sits at the bottom of the division at 5-6 but with a competitive 1511 Points For record. All of the teams in this division are in contention for the wildcard slot, although McLean surely has to win both of his matches with solid Points For numbers, and would also need several other teams to lose their matches. Ash Ketchum's match against I'm Pretty Garbage is pretty important for both teams.

In Division 1, the Gridiron Chefs are only one win ahead of the First Down Syndrome, and I'm hoping to defeat them in my match this week. The Chefs play the league-bottom Titoons in a week 13 matchup that should be a gimme, so that puts First Down Syndrome's path to the division title a narrow one: They need to beat the Hawk Hunters this week and division rival BALLS OF FURY in week 13. BALLS, meanwhile, can only contend for the division if both the First Downies and the Gridiron Chefs lose both their remaining matches, a tall order indeed. Failing that, his 1370 Points For total does not suggest he'd have much of a shot at a wildcard slot. The Titoons, meanwhile, are vying for a top draft pick next year, and not much else... although as with the Hunters, there's still a $20 prize on the line if they can muster some good roster performance weeks 14-16.

The second-place finisher in division 2 is the favorite to claim one of the wildcard slots, given the win and Points For advantage. The other wildcard slot is still open to at least five teams, so for the moment, every matchup this week is important to someone.

e. Also a reminder, there's three games on Thursday this week, so get your rosters sorted out in advance.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

In Division 1, the Gridiron Chefs are only one win ahead of the First Down Syndrome, and I'm hoping to defeat Gridiron in my match this week.

Do your job, Leper!

Gridiron needs to fix their lineup since he has like 5 guys playing Thursday.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tough to avoid, with three thursday games, and all six NFL teams have some good fantasy players on board.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He doesnt have a full roster at time of posting that is what I meant. He also has a few guys on thurs, so figured I would give a heads up.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I'm optimistic for, and aiming for, a wildcard spot! I think I've got a shot thanks to some other divisions being complete dumpster fires

Losing this week pretty much sealed my fate re: taking the division, I think

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spermy Smurf posted:

Do your job, Leper!

Gridiron needs to fix their lineup since he has like 5 guys playing Thursday.

R-E-L-A-X. I know I am kinda slow and all, but I get around to it!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
^^ I was hoping you wouldn't. I need Leper to win.

God damnit, forgot to big on waivers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I'm burdeneing someone else with Fat Hurt Lacy. I basically needed a roster slot and someone had to go. :shrug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So of COURSE just hours later, Sims is announced as designated to return, so I could have kept Lacy on my IR. Ugh.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

So of COURSE just hours later, Sims is announced as designated to return, so I could have kept Lacy on my IR. Ugh.

It isn't a guarantee, but his performance this year before he got hurt tells me to stash him and see how FA plays out going in to next year. 13 bux for a possible starter with decent production feels like a bargain to me, and if not an easy drop for space later on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah that's why I grabbed him in the first place (although when I grabbed him he wasn't hurt). But I needed to clear a roster slot in order to shift guys around on my taxi squad, and I decided carrying three IR guys didn't make sense, and of the three, Lacy was the one to go.

Whatever, my big problem is at WR and QB, I've got a solid RB situation so it's not too hard losing him. I probably should have made trade offers though.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Eddie lacy exists to grift you all out of your free agent budgets

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bloody posted:

Eddie lacy exists to grift you all out of your free agent budgets

pre:
Blind Bidding Summary
Franchise			Spent	Balance
First Down Syndrome		$36.00	$64.00
Who Da Titoons?			$1.00	$99.00
BALLS OF FURY			$39.00	$61.00
Gridiron Chefs			$72.00	$28.00
Team McLean			$34.00	$66.00
Second Round Kickers		$66.00	$34.00
Mediocre Cougars		$23.00	$77.00
Ash Ketchum Gotta catch em	$12.00	$88.00
Concord Concordes		$61.00	$39.00
1017 BRICK SQUAD		$9.00	$91.00
I'm Pretty Garbage At This	$13.00	$87.00
Hawk Hunters			$12.00	$88.00
Total:				$378.00	$822.00

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am in the lead in something!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bradford with 1.72 at half. Things going well for me today.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
gently caress you Bradford. Should have played Alex Smith.

Edit: It went DOWN from 6.4 to 4.8 or some poo poo after the game. :negative:

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 24, 2016

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm very happy to own Dak Prescott. That is all.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Trade me one of your other seven quarterbacks then please.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Make me an offer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LOL for gently caress's sake. Guys on IR get locked when their team plays, of course they do. There goes another wasted waiver period!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You were the only one to bid on anyone too.

I was just chatting with Tyler about him and provided his leg doesnt fall off again he is gonna be a good stash.

I am so weak in the qb area I might be bidding on him with you on wednesday.

However the IR rule and locking players is hosed up. If people are OK with you just throwing him on your team using commish powers then I am too.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 26, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Who is the player of concern? RG3?

Edit: ah Teddy KGB

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 27, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My defense makes my offense look stupid every single week.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh my god JPP just murdered the browns.

And he has 2 stuffs for 4pts more that will be added in tomorrow.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Antonio Gates breaks his 77 game streak and gets zero catches for zero points. Fuuuuck me.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Khalil Mack got me 35 points

:eyepop:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the last play of the game that mattered was Mack taking Newton's ball away on 4th down to win the game. He owns.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Nice work on having the second best DE this week :smug:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Mack just had another 3 points added for the fumble recovery, so that single play was worth 14 points.

also that puts him at #1 DE for the week^^^^^^^^

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Every single WR on my bench found the end zone this week.

If the two playing on MNF dont score then there is literally no way I could have picked worse WRs to play this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm feeling very nervous about Brandon Graham's ability to get me the win tonight. Supposedly Jared Cook should be really bad so I do have a chance, but I'm already in a hole (thanks to overtime last night, goddamnit, I was basically even until DT got a couple more catches during the fifth quarter) and Graham can turn in a 12-point game or a 2-point game, very easily.

I don't know what the gently caress happened to Antonio Gates, either. I didn't need a huge game, just you know... two or three basic catches would have been good enough. Either of Sanu or Boldin would have given me a much better shot, but Gates was projected about four points ahead of both of them.

I also feel bad and dumb about sitting Lee in favor of starting T.J. Ward. You always start Sean Lee; that's the rule and I broke it.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I need Cobb to have like the best wr performance of the season for me to eke out a win and I suspect a loss guarantees no playoffs for me so rip my season, much better than last season

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Leper better fricken win or I am done my playoff hopes as well. Or maybe not, I dont even know.

Edit: with the exception of Tyler Division 2 has very low Points Against. Whats up with that.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 28, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I'm feeling very nervous about Brandon Graham's ability to get me the win tonight. Supposedly Jared Cook should be really bad so I do have a chance, but I'm already in a hole (thanks to overtime last night, goddamnit, I was basically even until DT got a couple more catches during the fifth quarter) and Graham can turn in a 12-point game or a 2-point game, very easily.

I don't know what the gently caress happened to Antonio Gates, either. I didn't need a huge game, just you know... two or three basic catches would have been good enough. Either of Sanu or Boldin would have given me a much better shot, but Gates was projected about four points ahead of both of them.

I also feel bad and dumb about sitting Lee in favor of starting T.J. Ward. You always start Sean Lee; that's the rule and I broke it.

Sean Lee is a beast so you losing because of not starting him is just desserts. Now it needs to happen!

My choices at TE did suck though so I waivered in a hot hand hoping he gets another OK game of like 4/40 . Come on Jared Cook!

I did have Gates in another league give me a goose egg so I only won that one by 50 or so points =/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

first drive, cook gets a catch, graham gets a tackle, status quo.

Except aaron does nooot look sackable. I am gonna need the pack to stick to a ground game.

e. mfl says two tackles, but I only saw one.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 29, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And on a 3rd down he didnt set the edge and Aaron ran for the first.

I am hoping Graham gets a couple stuffs. I want to go to playoffs strictly for bragging rights to Tyler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh, and does our taxi squad stealing specify it cant start until Rosters are editable on Tuesday? If not it should.

Because if it doesnt I thought up how to be a dick on Sunday/Monday.