Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Is there a TESVedit for Special Edition, or does the old one still work? I'd like to clean up Dawnguard and the rest, but don't want to hose anything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Is there a TESVedit for Special Edition, or does the old one still work? I'd like to clean up Dawnguard and the rest, but don't want to hose anything up.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164/

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
SSE + NMM:

Ok so I started up a game with a different mod for character models, got a few dozen hours into and now switched my mod to a different one but the character models didn't update.

Then I start a new character and it works just fine.

Same thing with some armor mods... any way I can force my old game to update with the new mods? Seems weird that it should just automatically update.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Thanks!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I couldn't find this in the OP, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to double check. If I have Skyrim on PC with a big pile of high res texture mods and ENB configured and all that poo poo, does the remastered edition have anything new to offer me, or is it console trash for babbies, something that gives the plebs the same kind of poo poo modders have had access to for years now?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

counterfeitsaint posted:

I couldn't find this in the OP, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just want to double check. If I have Skyrim on PC with a big pile of high res texture mods and ENB configured and all that poo poo, does the remastered edition have anything new to offer me, or is it console trash for babbies, something that gives the plebs the same kind of poo poo modders have had access to for years now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6EjcESYIXk

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wonder why he spent so little time on hidden improvement #5.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

The upsides of the SkyrimSE are better stability & performance in the vanilla state. And certain neat graphical improvements such as rain occlusion and shadows in general. The main downside is that there way fewer mods available for SkyrimSE and certain ones that have been ported over from OldSkyrim had functionality stripped out of them because there's no Script Extender for the SE yet (let alone one that has all the features of SKSE).

If you have a modded setup of OldSkyrim that you're happy with, I don't think there's any reason for you to migrate over to the Special Edition right now. And probably not for a good while.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out
I never beat Skyrim when I first played it. I got through the Thieve's Guild questline, and then I got fed up with all of the quirks, and instead went into modding mayhem. Then I got bored, and moved on.

The one thing that was bugging me about Skyrim was: did I choose to stop playing because it was a bad game, or was I just too spergy to let go of the details and appreciate the whole? SSE answered that question; I am, indeed, far too spergy. This game is amazing, and adding mods is just as fun as the game itself, when everything runs perfectly. I wish I played it like this the first time around.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Nahrix posted:

I never beat Skyrim when I first played it. I got through the Thieve's Guild questline, and then I got fed up with all of the quirks, and instead went into modding mayhem. Then I got bored, and moved on.

The one thing that was bugging me about Skyrim was: did I choose to stop playing because it was a bad game, or was I just too spergy to let go of the details and appreciate the whole? SSE answered that question; I am, indeed, far too spergy. This game is amazing, and adding mods is just as fun as the game itself, when everything runs perfectly. I wish I played it like this the first time around.

I find it really weird that the SSE has renewed peoples hype for Skyrim. I've seen a ton of posts with this same basic story. And the hype for its release on Nintendo Switch is doubly confusing

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I find it really weird that the SSE has renewed peoples hype for Skyrim. I've seen a ton of posts with this same basic story. And the hype for its release on Nintendo Switch is doubly confusing

Because release skyrim was poo poo, and SSE has some mods and works better, also better guides exist now.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

wargames posted:

Because release skyrim was poo poo, and SSE has some mods and works better, also better guides exist now.

Time, and wikis, heal all wounds.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Nahrix posted:

Time, and wikis, heal all wounds.

Also played to the thieves guild, something else came out and I guess I switched over to playing that and eventually uninstalled Skyrim because I needed the space.

Reinstalled not long ago, installed 100 or so mods for a couple of months, and got all the way into generating DYNDOLODs. Loaded it up, said to myself "yep, this looks nice" then shut it off and went and played something else.

So what mods are you using now? I'm tempted to just go in vanilla, but I've considered it might be to my interest to get into it now before I overmod it again. I'll certainly miss SPERG.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

meatsaw posted:

Also played to the thieves guild, something else came out and I guess I switched over to playing that and eventually uninstalled Skyrim because I needed the space.

Reinstalled not long ago, installed 100 or so mods for a couple of months, and got all the way into generating DYNDOLODs. Loaded it up, said to myself "yep, this looks nice" then shut it off and went and played something else.

So what mods are you using now? I'm tempted to just go in vanilla, but I've considered it might be to my interest to get into it now before I overmod it again. I'll certainly miss SPERG.

I know skyrim modders hate modpacks but I would just like a simple modpacks so I don't have to think about it and know that it hopefully works. I don't want to create my own bespoke experience, just want to play skyrim with some cool mods.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Wow, I finally got Dual Sheathe working without much fuss. Still trying to figure out why a rogue arrow appears when taking out my bow though.

Tempted to explore new body types but all the naked stuff is really off-putting.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
how can you be immersed in skyrim if a corpse's dong doesn't go flailing as you strip bodies of loot?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Are there any mods that improve Radiant Quests? I really like them as a kinda return to form to Daggerfall, but there's a few too many things bad about it, like sometimes getting the same dungeon again which isn't very fun. I'd love it if there was a random dungeon thing like Daggerfall but smaller :v:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Monolith. posted:

Tempted to explore new body types but all the naked stuff is really off-putting.

For female bodies, CBBE has a nevernude option in the installer, and UNP has one as an optional download. If you can power your way through the images of lovingly crafted three-dimensional immersive labias on the download page, you won't have to actually see any of it. You'll still be downloading the textures, complete with nipples and pubes, but they'll always be covered in game.

Lunethex posted:

how can you be immersed in skyrim if a corpse's dong doesn't go flailing as you strip bodies of loot?

Physics enabled floppy dongs are something everyone who mods skyrim should experience.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 29, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I used to have this hilarious gif of a guy in Skyrim flying through the air with a massive physics dong spinning around, but I lost it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't really want to start googling for it.

Nahrix
Mar 17, 2004

Can't afford to eat out

wargames posted:

I know skyrim modders hate modpacks but I would just like a simple modpacks so I don't have to think about it and know that it hopefully works. I don't want to create my own bespoke experience, just want to play skyrim with some cool mods.

This is what I have, currently. Know that I'm using a gtx 1080, so your performance might suffer.

http://imgur.com/a/Q2ScY

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Did anyone manage to save Arthmoor's sticked rant when he closed comments on the unofficial patch because of all the idiots blaming their crashes on his perfect patch, when it was obviously being caused by their own incompetence? It was really funny, especially since the crashes were actually being caused by the unofficial patch. Unfortunately, he's removed it, though you can still see him and his lackeys telling people that the crashes are all their fault farther down in the comments. Evidently the crashes affected the xbone too, and someone managed to get the mod removed from the bethesda site because of it.

Oh, and everyone should probably update their unofficial patch, cause the old versions caused crashing around Falkreath.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Has anyone determined if it is actually necessary or is everybody assuming that it's required?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

A lot of the minor bugs from Skyrim were left in SSE, so yes, pretty much required.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Physics enabled floppy dongs are something everyone who mods skyrim should experience.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Holy poo poo. So graceful and hypnotic.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Hobo on Fire posted:

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

You have brought me joy. Thank you, sir... thank you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nahrix posted:

This is what I have, currently. Know that I'm using a gtx 1080, so your performance might suffer.

http://imgur.com/a/Q2ScY

I really didn't like the WICO character bodies, the males look good and ok but the female body has straight up unrealistic proportions. Probably because the female body was based off of the UNP body which has like 38G boobs that don't have to deal with gravity, and approximately a 12 inch waist.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So my Orc warrior character with 1H + Block + Heavy Armor using the wild cat mod last night did a grueling 30 minutes trying to finish the last room of the Companions final quest to free Kodlak from Hirrcine.

the higher leveled companion ghost with a 2H sword was just decimating my follower and me. Currently level 21 with full orc armor, some minor health enchantments, 340 armor and was still getting my shield bashed down. Ended up getting a couple really good shield bashes followed by power strikes with orc berserker rage to finally win it.

The Wildcat mod makes combat retarded hard.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I tried Wildcat, got one shot, and uninstalled it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Its hard, but its swingy; if you get in a few good hits they start going down. Behind makes a difference, as does hitting them when theyre casting a spell or power attacking.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Monolith. posted:

I tried Wildcat, got one shot, and uninstalled it.

Well yeah you installed an increased difficulty mod that is intended to increase the lethality of combat.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

sebmojo posted:

Its hard, but its swingy; if you get in a few good hits they start going down. Behind makes a difference, as does hitting them when theyre casting a spell or power attacking.

Pretty much I find that it comes down to getting the first good strike or counter-attacking the first good strike. That time slow down perk on blocking really is a game changer. Once it slows down, shield bash followed by a good power swing.

Alternatively, sprint + power attack usually opens the fight with a FUUUUCK YOOOOOU properly.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
There was a really tough fight against a vampire lord and his thralls I died like 10 times to. It forced me to use all my tricks, buffing, shouts, potions, magic. It was actually a lot of fun puzzling out how I could win. I can see why it wouldn't be appealing to people though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Am I alone in getting this weird mouse-acceleration thing only in portions of SSE where you have a mouse pointer visible? Like I have mouse acceleration eliminated when actually playing but as soon as I open up my inventory or journal and I start using the in-game mouse pointer the acceleration seems to be back.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

KakerMix posted:

Am I alone in getting this weird mouse-acceleration thing only in portions of SSE where you have a mouse pointer visible? Like I have mouse acceleration eliminated when actually playing but as soon as I open up my inventory or journal and I start using the in-game mouse pointer the acceleration seems to be back.

That was the case with Oldrim, too, I believe. I don't think a fix/workaround was ever found, not that it was super necessary; as long as it didn't happen during actual gameplay, I didn't care.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Coughing Hobo posted:

That was the case with Oldrim, too, I believe. I don't think a fix/workaround was ever found, not that it was super necessary; as long as it didn't happen during actual gameplay, I didn't care.

I think you are right but there was, gently caress, like two or three extra bits to add to skyrimprefs.ini for Oldrim I think, I don't quite remember. I've played countless hours of Skyrim and just checked out SSE right now and I think I'm going back to ALL the mods. I can deal with weak shadows and a more crashy experience if it means I can use the knowledge I already have :v:

EDIT
The fix for weird mouse lag SSE is to run with a frame limiter on (ENB) and vsync off, and in borderless windowed mode. This avoids the mouse lag while also avoids the screen tearing I would get when locking the frames at 60 because I have a 100hz monitor.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 30, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Woops, apparently SPERG is supposed to only give a perk every 2 levels. I probably screwed up w/ uncapper.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Woops, apparently SPERG is supposed to only give a perk every 2 levels. I probably screwed up w/ uncapper.

There's an uncapper ini file that comes with SPERG that doesn't install correctly. You need to manually move it to the Uncapper's mod folder. (What I usually do is just copy the text of the SPERG file and paste it into the ini document in the Uncapper mod, but you can drag and drop the file in mod organizer too, I think.)

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

There's an uncapper ini file that comes with SPERG that doesn't install correctly. You need to manually move it to the Uncapper's mod folder. (What I usually do is just copy the text of the SPERG file and paste it into the ini document in the Uncapper mod, but you can drag and drop the file in mod organizer too, I think.)

This always comes up: it's a very simple fix, but it's so non-obvious to most people (especially folks who are used to the "download/install/activate/done" ease of Mod Organizer) that someone has to mention it whenever someone finds out they're getting perks way too much.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, but honestly a perk a level in SPERG is crazy powerful. Fun for a little while, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Okay, what am I missing about SKSE? The link in the op leads to a DL page that says it doesn't work with the SE, and, sure enough, downloading it there and pointing it to the SE directory has it telling me it can't find skyrim.exe. Launching the version I already had on the steam store just wants to open the non-special Skyrim. What am I loving up?