Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Soul Glo posted:

None whatsoever. It's the same file, only the delivery and authentication is different.

Good to hear, would feel weird to own a main series FF title without having the disc/box/case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Since this isn't coming to the pc for a while (if ever), anyone knows of a good LPer that will stream this ? (Low on gimmicks, no face-cam, etc.)

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants

ZZZorcerer posted:

Since this isn't coming to the pc for a while (if ever), anyone knows of a good LPer that will stream this ? (Low on gimmicks, no face-cam, etc.)

Not sure. I'm watching an Australian streamer right now but the guy stops playing every two minutes to fight with his chat.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

InflateableFerret posted:

Not sure. I'm watching an Australian streamer right now but the guy stops playing every two minutes to fight with his chat.

ExcessiveProfanity? I got to him randomly on twitch.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
For those who already have the game, does the American version of the game have dual audio and dual language?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Huh, battle start with a mini-objective to gain AP like do 5 hits. That makes things interesting.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

ntan1 posted:

For those who already have the game, does the American version of the game have dual audio and dual language?

Yep

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

So, uh, has anyone figured out how to stop the HUD from going outside of the edges of the screen? I couldn't find any kind of screen calibration / safe area setting anywhere :(

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Sweet. No need to buy the Japanese version then :)

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Should I get this game for the PS4 or the XB1? And since I don't own either, what I'm really asking is should I get a PS4 or XB1?

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
PS4 has a much better catalog of games and every new Microsoft-published Xbone game comes to PC on the same day, so.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Should I get this game for the PS4 or the XB1? And since I don't own either, what I'm really asking is should I get a PS4 or XB1?

PS4 Pro would get you the best visual/performance experience.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Meatbag Esq. posted:

PS4.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Golden Goat posted:

It couldn't be as bad as Xenogears second disc.

Question is will the rest of the game overcome it because Xenogears is RPG canon to a lot of people and seems like the ceiling for this is just fun to fight stuff.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Incidentally, they changed up the battle scoring system in 1.02. "Stealth" is out, and now you're rated on Damage, Finesse, and Defense. Seems MUCH easier to get A ranks on fights now (I literally never figured out what the gently caress "Stealth" even meant after 30 hours of playing the game).

Oh, and the in-game clock now advances during fast travel. Which is important because the day/night cycle in the game actually means something.

edit: today's updates - just found out there's a garden you can tend in the game, and also had an inn scene where Gladio fell asleep on the couch with a girlie mag on his face. GOTY 2016

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 29, 2016

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just finished the anime and Kingsglaive. I enjoyed the anime cause they were short episodes and gave a little backstory to the characters. Worth watching if you have time to kill until release.

Kingsglaive was alright. It was pretty and there were some cool moments. The plot was pretty bad though. Some of the references to other FF's were pretty rad, like Ultros, and some Weapons from FF7.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

The only reason to get a Bone, in my opinion, is if everyone else you know has one for multiplayer. In which case, you should get a PS4 anyway cause those people are dumb.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The only thing I remember from the anime is Noctis ordering a burger and taking most of the things out of it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only spoiler I want on this game is how to achieve the fastest Time to Puppy

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Seems very clear, now that I'm over halfway through, that they intended Altissia to be a full second continent. They must have run out of time and resources, but it really gets treated like "you're going to be over there for a really long time!"

Maybe it'll be something they can do in post-release, as an expansion or something. That would definitely get me on board for a season pass.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The only spoiler I want on this game is how to achieve the fastest Time to Puppy

Holy poo poo you're a monster if you don't answer this man's question

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

I take the silence as the game ends with a QTE anime re-enactment of old yeller

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Baron posted:

The only reason to get a Bone, in my opinion, is if everyone else you know has one for multiplayer. In which case, you should get a PS4 anyway cause those people are dumb.

socialsecurity posted:

PS4 Pro would get you the best visual/performance experience.

dropkickpikachu posted:

PS4 has a much better catalog of games and every new Microsoft-published Xbone game comes to PC on the same day, so.

Thanks. This is the way I was leaning, just wanted to make sure.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Technically you meet your dog within the first 3 chapters. He doesn't hang out with you permanently, however - he acts as a messenger between you and Luna for the first part of the game, and in the second half, he uses his doggo magic to teleport you between Altissia and your "memories" of Lucis....which really means being able to go back and do side content whenever you want. You do this by selecting an option to call him at rest spots. You also have the option shake paws when you do this. His name is Umbra, and he's a black and white Shiba Inu. His sister is the dog that Noctis is chasing in the Omens trailer.

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
This might be a stupid question but is there a way to get the day one patch downloading on a PS4 if you're getting a physical copy? I won't be able to get the game till the afternoon tomorrow but it'd be nice to have the patch ready so I can play when I get home without waiting five hours for the patch to download and install.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately no.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
just got to chapter 2 and I'm loving this game. combat is a lot more fun than I thought it would be watching some of the gameplay footage on youtube, music and atmosphere are incredible, characters are fun and there is so much attention and little details given to the world and the animations. The car can be a little annoying but the setting is so fun it's not really bothering me (so far at least).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Aww, I was trying to be funny. :3:

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
I saw in a review this look for your car (put it in a link just in case) and the only question I have to ask is how long does it take to get this, because I'm considering speedrunning my way to it.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

A Sinister Rap posted:

I saw in a review this look for your car (put it in a link just in case) and the only question I have to ask is how long does it take to get this, because I'm considering speedrunning my way to it.

That's probably post-game - at least the body mods (the color you can probably get earlier, depends on the items you'll have to give to Cindy). You'll get a few mods for the Regalia during the early/mid game, but a lot of the big stuff is found in higher level dungeons, base captures, etc.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I have not been keeping up with this game at all and, in fact, only purchased a PS4 on Friday. What is the required reading/watching for this game because I know there's apparently a movie and anime or something, I know nothing about anything

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I have not been keeping up with this game at all and, in fact, only purchased a PS4 on Friday. What is the required reading/watching for this game because I know there's apparently a movie and anime or something, I know nothing about anything

Not required to watch Brotherhood or Kingsglaive. Don't worry about it. Just play.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
When does this unlock on PDT in the US?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
so, uh, i just bought it on psn but i'm not seeing any option to start a preload and nothing is showing up in the downloads section of my notification tray?

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Look in your library

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So my amazon order still says it's going to "ship today", and hasn't changed at all all day. I'm assuming it probably WONT get to me tomorrow and if I want to play it tomorrow I should go a different route?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So my amazon order still says it's going to "ship today", and hasn't changed at all all day. I'm assuming it probably WONT get to me tomorrow and if I want to play it tomorrow I should go a different route?

We live in an era of digital purchases and consoles that preload. If you want zero doubt you buy digitally.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Barudak posted:

We live in an era of digital purchases and consoles that preload. If you want zero doubt you buy digitally.

Or walk into just about any retail outlet on release day and grab it off the shelf...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You're probably really close to a warehouse. My games always ship late at night but they still show up in my patio before I head to work at noon.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So apparently the 1.02 patch changes some of the music. Mostly it seems to replace songs with cleaner, remastered versions that sound even nicer than the already nice soundtrack.

Incidentally, when is that going to be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Barudak posted:

not only is amazon 20% cheaper if you get it physically and have prime, but digital would have to be at least 30-40% cheaper to make it worth not being able to resell when you're done.

• Locked thread