Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

God helps those who help themselves. :v:

Not actually in the Bible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Not actually in the Bible.

Yes, because that's what is going to guide Lucifer.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

SiKboy posted:

I really liked the "You have no idea who I am, do you? Well I'LL SHOW YOU!" <cut to one helluva party>, because I'll be honest it faked me out and for a split second I thought he was going to go all devil-face, so the reveal totally blindsided me.

I'm not Tv-Stupid either and it faked me out too, because he was in SUCH a bad mood. :cheers:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, it got me too. I thought for a min we were gonna see just how close that whole "An angel can't kill a mortal" can get to "An angel can royally gently caress up a mortal but not kill them", but then boom, :toot:

Also, I think Mom might be getting stronger. When she first lobbed that dude across the alley it was one hell of a shove. The dude in the bathroom she barely tapped and he went flying. Reminded me of Smallville when Clark tapped his dad in that fight scene in season 3?, or when Lex shrugged and sent his dad flying into the car in Season 4 I think.

I'm completely sure someone (probably Lucifer if the plot holds) is gonna get his rear end handed to him by one parent or another.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm completely sure someone (probably Lucifer if the plot holds) is gonna get his rear end handed to him by one parent or another.

Dad is using mom to get Luci to fight.

Luci seeing red is what started the siege of the Silver City.

Dad can not affect meaningful change, by his own decree, without working in mysterious ways.

Dad is manipulating Mum, to manipulate Luci, to get a desired result.

:silent:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

VendaGoat posted:

Dad is using mom to get Luci to fight.

Luci seeing red is what started the siege of the Silver City.

Dad can not affect meaningful change, by his own decree, without working in mysterious ways.

Dad is manipulating Mum, to manipulate Luci, to get a desired result.

:silent:

Man dude you must've had a rough childhood.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Man dude you must've had a rough childhood.

No comment.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

tarlibone posted:

Something's been bothering me. It's Chloe's eye makeup. I'm sure there's a makeupy name for it, but she's got the red color fading out from her eyes and it looks like she's been crying. Like, always. Every time I see her face, if her eyes are halfway open or more, it looks like we just interrupted her during a bawling session.

I thought I was the only one bothered by this. I was thinking maybe it's the actress and it's her look in all her work, but no, a quick Google brings up roles from A Walk to Remember, Hostel, and Chicago Fire all show her looking different and varying forms of tough or evil.

I'm looking forward to them expanding on lore with her character. Maybe she's an angel, or descended from one. Maybe God's just weird and works in mysterious ways; I don't buy the "love changes Lucifer" schtick because she was a weakness way before he even knew much about her besides wanting to bone her.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe she's Azrael, and thats why she makes divine beings mortal.

That would be super boring, though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Lucifer would recognise his own sister. And also hopefully not be quite as interested in loving her.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It hasn't really been established that they would recognize eachother in new bodies. Lucifer only recognized his mother because of what she said and hoe she acted.

So yes, I don't actually think she's Azrael, that would be really dumb. But, people keep saying "Lucifer would recognize X" and I don't think that's really been established.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
His mother needed a body because she didn't have one. Angels already have bodies.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Snak posted:

Lucifer only recognized his mother because of what she said and hoe she acted.

Nice Freudian slip.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Tagichatn posted:

Nice Freudian slip.

Dammit! Beat me to it.

Because, yeah, my goodness, hoe she acts.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Snak posted:

It hasn't really been established that they would recognize eachother in new bodies. Lucifer only recognized his mother because of what she said and hoe she acted.

So yes, I don't actually think she's Azrael, that would be really dumb. But, people keep saying "Lucifer would recognize X" and I don't think that's really been established.

Didnt he recognise Uriel immediately, from across the street, or am I misremembering? Not to mention that Amendiels body now on earth looks exactly as he looked as an angel running hell in S1, and lucifers body is the body he had as an angel (literally the same, he has the scars from cutting off his wings). Has it at any point been said in the show that Angels need new bodies on earth, or are people assuming thats the case because it is in other shows/media (cough Supernatural cough)?

Edit: His mum needed a new body obviously, but that was explicitly commented on, and she isnt an angel.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
We'll I'm specifically assuming that, if Chloe was Azrael, it would both be a new body and that she would have amnesia after the mysterious circumstances of her vanishing. Angels don't need new bodies, but divine beings clearly can get new bodies. I assumed that Lucifer recognized Uriel because he looked the same as he did when Lucifer knew him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Emotional jockstrap is an amazing phrase unto itself. Seems like it could work as a band name.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Three minutes in.

My reaction.

:colbert:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

The testifying montage was amazing.

As is the judge now just outright flirting with him.

...Maze. Maze, buddy. You just blew up her car. She probably liked that car.

Edit: Okay, Maze just repeatedly throwing innuendo at Dan is getting really hilarious.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 29, 2016

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Zebulon posted:

Edit: Okay, Maze just repeatedly throwing innuendo at Dan is getting really hilarious.

And the fact she definitely was doing that for the like 30 minute car ride over.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

And the fact she definitely was doing that for the like 30 minute car ride over.

Oh, definitely.

This entire episode has been amazingly fun. The endless stream of innuendo, Maze making GBS threads on Amanadield for lying, Ol' Mum being Mum-y, and the triad scene just now too. "You speak chinese?" "I'm the devil, I speak everything." ...And, well. Maze vs. the Triad's champion is pretty drat fun too. "AS fun as it'd be to see you all crouching tiger, I want to win this. I was pointing at Maze." And her just HAPPY to get to do some fighting. And her being placated from killing him by finding out she gets to keep the swords.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

It is official. I love Maze, she is one of the best things about the show.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The show constantly kind of surprises me. I thought I was going to get tired of Lucifer's schtick, but they've managed to keep the show fun and goofy enough that it glosses over the "procedural' aspects. It's a surprisingly competent blending of lighter and darker tones.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well, we know why Chloe nullifies ol' Lucy now. Amanadiel recognized the gently caress out of her mom.

Edit: Oh man. Lt. Douche coming through to fix a mistake. And of course Maze was in on it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Thirty Five minutes in. One of the best things about this show, in my opinion, is that everyone involved with the all mighty, desperately needs and seeks out counseling.

loving :magical:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh gently caress. Chloe might literally be a scion.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

If not a scion, she's literally divine in some other way. Amanadiel was played like a loving puppet and helped set all of this up because God knew it was going to happen. Fuckin'. WELP.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
God is omniscient. God is omnipotent.

Which means, that regardless of anything Lucifer does, god knows and is able to influence it.

I've said this before, if god willed it that Lucifer was removed from all existence then it would be so.

God needed Lucifer. He purpose built an entity to be able to stand up to even him.

Now. Attempt to, for even the briefest of seconds, empathize with a being that was designed to look the most powerful thing, in all of existence, in the eye and tell it, "No".

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

God is omniscient. God is omnipotent.

Which means, that regardless of anything Lucifer does, god knows and is able to influence it.

I've said this before, if god willed it that Lucifer was removed from all existence then it would be so.

God needed Lucifer. He purpose built an entity to be able to stand up to even him.

Now. Attempt to, for even the briefest of seconds, empathize with a being that was designed to look the most powerful thing, in all of existence, in the eye and tell it, "No".

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.

Oh gently caress. Chloe the Anti-Christ would be amazing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

VendaGoat posted:

I've dealt with small children before, it's not hard.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Zebulon posted:

...Maze. Maze, buddy. You just blew up her car. She probably liked that car.

It was Amenediel's car. He said so in the therapy session. He was standing beside Chloe's car when Maze pressed the button.

And an explanation for Chloe nullifying Lucifer's powers is nice to have.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Goddamnit (lols) of all the night to miss it.....anyone know when they usually put them up on Fox's site?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

loving :lol:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Hmmm, so butt stuff is easier the second time around, Luci? You know this from experience?

Oh god the courtroom demonstration!

Wait, so.....is Chloe, like the Second Coming? Was Amenadiel supposed to do Gabriel's job but he hosed it up?

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 29, 2016

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

It seems that way, but they were somewhat vague in Amandiel's role. It was late and I missed the dialog. Was Amandiel specific in what "Father" asked him to do? Was he around for the consummation to assist Virgin Mary style, or was he just there to put an extra bit of celestial UNF into the birth?

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Amenadiel probably just made the impossible possible. A couple couldn't conceive and he just made it happen anyway. Nothing funky.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't help but see Jason Mewes, stoned out of his gourd, saying "Does that make Chloe... part black?"

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This show is so good. The little quips in this episode were perfectly. "Emotional jock strap" is a keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This is still making me laugh.

• Locked thread