Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm thrilled to see the interim report #2. I'm expecting it today or tomorrow for a launch Wed or Thurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm thrilled to see the interim report #2. I'm expecting it today or tomorrow for a launch Wed or Thurs.

Eh, I think next week for a launch, we're still in the Strange window given how much content was dropped on us. Plus you want it close enough to Christmas to really bring in the whales.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is the November update though, not the December one. The Dr. Strange update was October 25th.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty nice analysis here.

quote:

If you are short on the resources for T2 advancements, here are a few T1 characters that can handle Shadowland stages by themselves with nothing but a simple iso set and all gear at lvl15 (heck they don't even need an obelisk). Some might be trickier than others, but they're definitely doable.

Kamala Khan: She can do enough damage to solo stage 1, or later spider-man relays. Give her a tanky build and she become a beast! Plus her 4* passive is similar to moon knight's T2, just on a lesser scale.

Yellowjacket: At T1 can kill infinity Thanos. I've done it (with some attack boosts from Warwolf and Daisy) and come to think of it, it's not really that much of a surprise consider the massive amount of damage his 6* skill does. He can easily take down some weaker bosses such as the Destroyer, or even go for tougher menaces. He is also a clear for the Hulk family physical reflect stage. The trick is to cancel him out of his 2* iframe before he lasts right into his 6*, as the last hit of the iframe is physical and can be reflected.

Baron Mordo: He can solo the Destroyer Boss stage, with no exterior help. Max out his shield skill first so it guards 5 hits for 3 second. Utilize the snare skill to immobilize both destroyers then wreak havoc with his 5 and 6 star skills.

Annihilator Ronan: With his uniform and leadership, Ronan is a master of crowd control, he can take on his own Universal Relay stage, and perhaps even a Ultimate Goblin fire relay later on if he is built offensively. Simply snare, stun and fear your enemies and constant buff yourself with the 6* skill and it wouldn't be take long to beat the stage.

Ultron? Ultron!: Now this one is definitely tricky, and a 3-4* invincibility obelisk is almost required. Ultron T1 is able to solo clear the Ronan Universal relay (with a ton of precautions, of course). His minions won't always distract the enemies, but they form a barrier between you and them so just kite them around for a bit, hopefully your drones can push them into a corner, once they're locked down, mash all the buttons and you can usually kill Ronan just before the timer ends.

Attilan Rising Ghost Rider: He can, believe it or not, clear the Ronan universal relay as well. His uniform grants him survivability plus some of his attack can actually do damage to the enemy ghost rider, so be sure to grab that uniform while it's on sale. (At the beginning of the match, target Thor and kill him first, then target Ronan, as the enemy ghost rider can't do any damage to you.

Songbird: The queen of crowd control: flying around using constant stuns and snares to shut enemies down. Can solo a sif female relay or even a red hulk blast rumble. After stun locking her opponents, you can pair her 5* skill along with normal attacks to maximize her damage output

Blastpin: He can solo the venom boss stage with solid builds, though it will take quite some work. Boosting his damage is the key. If you're unable to finish that stage with him solo, using She Hulk as leader will make the whole thing much easier. Summon the ninjas and utilize his 5* stun at the right time and you got yourself a boss kill.

Ancient One: She needs her own leadership, and preferably an attack set, or a 3-4* damage proc obe. With those equipped, she should have no trouble clearing the sif female relay, or even a boss if built well.

ANAD Malekith: There's just 1 special skill (beside the fact that his uniform heals) that brought everyone's favorite dark elf to this list. Simply pushing an enemy against the corner then use his 1* skill Aether Bolt, and witness the magic. Don't believe me? Try it.

Honorable mentions:

Loki/Sharog/Carnage: No explanation needed; nuff said.

So there they are, the 10 best T1 characters who can solo Shadowland stages. Feel free to add someone you would recommend in case I missed them!

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pretty nice analysis here.

His statement that blastpin takes a ton of effort to solo is no joke. My maxed blastpin has only been successful a few times and thats only when one of the enemies bugs out and goes of screen or something. Just not enough damage yet and no iframes = bad time.

T1 Wasp can also solo red hulk rumble. And idk about ghost rider soloing the ronan universal one, it takes too long to kill ghost rider. gotta bring thor or some poop to clean up.

I've heard hellstorm can clear stuff as t1 also but only recently got him to 6* so gotta wait to beef him up, anyone confirm that?

I also recall people saying venom and lucas cage are OK at some of the earlier stages if they've got high gears, but maybe I'm misremembering.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lucas can probably solo some relays, but his leadership is great for rumbles so I just save him for those.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Hellstorm can solo whatever at T1, but it goes much faster if you give him a decent leader. Kaewhatever can solo the destroyer boss easily, probably some other stuff.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I solo'd wave 17 two weeks ago with T1 Hellstorm. And Lucas can knock out the early stages.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I just maxed out Hellstorm and got him to level 6/6/60 but with only his first gear at 17, other gears at 5, and with a mediocre fire damage + 2 second invuln obelisk and he can solo relays in Shadowland with Red Hulk as leader. I also used the same team to kill regular Thanos on saturday

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Speaking of gears at 5 I need more dimension debris real bad

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fart simpson posted:

Speaking of gears at 5 I need more dimension debris real bad

i'll gladly trade you 10,000 dimension debris for like 10 million gold?!?!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The only time I've ever got up to 2000 debris was when I was saving up for the Dr. Strange quest

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's a Contest up on the Mobirum forums. First 100 correct answers get 200 crystals, then 200 random people get 200 crystals.

The answer is Elektra.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

fart simpson posted:

The only time I've ever got up to 2000 debris was when I was saving up for the Dr. Strange quest

You really need to work on your cards then. Currently sitting on 74565 Dimensional Debris.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My cards are alright. I spend my energy on more bios

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also I don't get it. I get between 10 and 20 debris per run of a rift. It costs 525 just to upgrade a single gear to 15. That's like running an entire rift on repeat for every gear, and then some. How would you ever not use it all up? There's 384 hero gears currently in the game and if I ran 3 complete rifts per day it'd take me about half a year to get all the gears up to 15

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
because gold limits your gear upgrades, and co-op has more debris. I barely do a rift a week, and I'm yet to drop below 2k

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Getting the bonus debris from 100% clearing rifts helps some, it is usually pretty easy for me to jump into a few that people on my friends list are doing during hot times.
I've also starting just buying them from the lab store thing, but I am also quickly running out of gold so that probably won't last!
Co-op is great for everything tho, I've been working on getting more peoples up to 4 stars/lvl 40 just so I can let them autorun it while I work.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What VIP level do you have to be at to get a significant amount of debris from coop? I get like 10 per day if that

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i'm whale level 6

kertap
Mar 13, 2010
Once you reach whale level 3 debris starts rolling in. I'm currently at 19k. I don't do co-op everyday.

I'm gold and guk choked. I'm looking at that list of T1 chars able to do shadowlands levels and I'd need about 15000 more guks to get all my 6* chars up to 15 gear.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i sold 40,000 debris a few weeks ago for a cool 400,000k gold

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

i sold 40,000 debris a few weeks ago for a cool 400,000k gold

This is triggering for me.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I wish I could buy 40,000 debris for 400k gold

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OK I can afford 1 more uniform in the mega sale. Black Widow Civil War, Spidey Civil War, Doctor Strange, Black Bolt, or Ancient One? I could T2 Black Widow or Black Bolt pretty much anytime if that matters, and also I feel like Strange is already strong enough to do everything without the uniform, so idk

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
Okay, I've stuck with it a few days and threw down for a Stark Stash and that cache of T2 materials that was on sale. Safe to say I'm back in.

Sigh. :allears:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I'm a dumb who picked Venom as my hero journey and ghost Rider as my free 6*, how do I get Sharon Rogers biometrics? I've only been playing a few days so should I just restart on a new email?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

FadedReality posted:

I'm a dumb who picked Venom as my hero journey and ghost Rider as my free 6*, how do I get Sharon Rogers biometrics? I've only been playing a few days so should I just restart on a new email?

I'd definitely restart if you're only a few days in, unless you've spent a good chunk of change.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Tom Gorman posted:

I'd definitely restart if you're only a few days in, unless you've spent a good chunk of change.

Nope! Only got the 30 days of crystals which I'd be happy to buy again :shepspends:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GR with his trenchcoat uniform is pretty good but yeah if you're just a little while in and haven't spent anything it might be better to restart -- Sharon / Loki are still so far above most other characters that it's hard to compare.

How does VIP work exactly? I'm mulling dropping :10bux: on the 1650 deal so I can grab a second one of the mega-6 bundles but if I'm gonna spend that money is the monthly bio selector a better value? Do you get any VIP from the bio sub? Will it count the full value of the 1650 or just give me 550 VIP points (since the sale is technically 550 x 3)? I need 1100 to hit VIP 3 and the tag heal seems like it'd be very useful.

IE, should I get 1650 crystals for a mega-6 bundle and (hopefully) VIP 3 or a monthly selector? I don't have Carnage or Hypeman.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 28, 2016

Senturion
Jul 29, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

GR with his trenchcoat uniform is pretty good but yeah if you're just a little while in and haven't spent anything it might be better to restart -- Sharon / Loki are still so far above most other characters that it's hard to compare.

How does VIP work exactly? I'm mulling dropping :10bux: on the 1650 deal so I can grab a second one of the mega-6 bundles but if I'm gonna spend that money is the monthly bio selector a better value? Do you get any VIP from the bio sub? Will it count the full value of the 1650 or just give me 550 VIP points (since the sale is technically 550 x 3)? I need 1100 to hit VIP 3 and the tag heal seems like it'd be very useful.

IE, should I get 1650 crystals for a mega-6 bundle and (hopefully) VIP 3 or a monthly selector? I don't have Carnage or Hypeman.

You'll get the full 3*550 (1650) towards your VIP for the Black Friday packages, which makes them currently the best dollar/crystal (VIP) deal I've seen, with anniversary package being the previous great deal.

Monthly selector is worth it, but you'll only get credit for whatever initial crystals come with it (can't remember if any?) towards VIP level.

If you're only going to choose one or the other, I'd go with the crystal package. The VIP bonus is going to be more useful than (best case with upgrades and mega rank up) a t2 carnage in the longer term thanks to coop rewards, etc. (Or am I misremembering what levels open up more?)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finally got a Stark iso set for my Loki and managed to get to like 120k points on the Alliance battle. Lost to the third boss because Loki is the only Universal type I have that's more than 2 stars.

Felt pretty good running away until my powers were up though.

Edit: Is there a guide to the best Set Bonus for different characters?

Edit 2: Wait is this Returning Player reward real and if so should I just stop playing for 15 days for it?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 28, 2016

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Alright rerolled after rereading the OP and a Beginners Guide so reapplied to worst alliance as FadedReality.

Also could I get some goons on my friends list? The randoms I accepted were levelling slow as molasses and I was calling in level 35 2* characters as backup on my chapter 9 story missions.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

FadedReality posted:

Alright rerolled after rereading the OP and a Beginners Guide so reapplied to worst alliance as FadedReality.

Also could I get some goons on my friends list? The randoms I accepted were levelling slow as molasses and I was calling in level 35 2* characters as backup on my chapter 9 story missions.

Welcome to the fold. Your soul is mine :getin:

So I'm waiting to see what the Asgard update bring us before I finish off Strange. I'm at the last major hurdle, the 4x 6-BAMs, and I've got enough regular BAM (5k+) and gold (20m ish, give or take) to take care of it now, but I want to see what's coming down the pipe before I either empty the tank or take care of Strange in a slow trickle. Clea's already gotten my max tickets so once I clear this step it's off to the finish line. And then to drop everything into Thanos and then some! :suicide:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Edit: Is there a guide to the best Set Bonus for different characters?

Edit 2: Wait is this Returning Player reward real and if so should I just stop playing for 15 days for it?

1 - https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5ea5bt/lion_list_of_iso_and_obelisks_for_newbies/ is pretty decent but basically if you need survivability get Groot or Stark, if you want more damage get Angry Hulk / Overdrive / Hawks Eye. Listed in order of preference -- Angry Hulk is better than Hawk's Eye but it's honestly not a huge deal. Dramatic Density Enhancement is pretty okay too on a lot of people. Also depends a lot on game mode you're using them for so there's not always one right answer.

2 - It's real and pretty decent but if you play regularly for the two weeks you'll get more than you'd get from the returning rewards (especially if still on the journey of growth.)

Also, VIP 3 is worth it. Getting debris from co-op is huge if you're the type of idiot that runs through your entire roster almost every day (hi). Talking like 500 more debris than I'd have otherwise in just one day. I also now have 2 6* tickets, 2 mega 6* tickets, and 3 T2 tickets that I'm probably never going to use because I'm the type of person that gets to the last boss in an RPG with 999 of every item 'just in case.'

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 29, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Okay, I've stuck with it a few days and threw down for a Stark Stash and that cache of T2 materials that was on sale. Safe to say I'm back in.

Sigh. :allears:

Sent you a pm. Re apply to your kingdom sir.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow after you get to VIP 9 you get a crapton of Norns from Co-op.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just T2ed Black Bolt and got his uniform and he owns. That's good for another shadowland floor. I couldn't solo with him before.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Black Dwarf day is the most bullshit day. I'd rather fight Thanos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chronicles of Keke NETMARBU. 11/28/16 Edish

Reached a new form today

Random Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Slaughtered my opposition. Bet they deleted the game after that slaycation

Just getting my pet racon ready for the Westminster Dog Show

Just living out my truth men

Regular rear end day. One button wonder. UNLEASH...THE NEW PATCH-CHAN

• Locked thread