Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So it appears, after just 4 matches, that going 45% CDR on Malphite is extremely effective.

I tried him in mid, jungle and support with 20% cdr runes, 5% cdr mastery and the one that allows you to exceed to 45% (it's the same thing maybe idk) and then just bought the yellow support item (that eventually builds to the speed boost orb thing) and upgraded it to second tier + cdr boots and that's it. 45% cdr and a good 70 second ultimate and something like 50 seconds at rank 3.

Thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
My standard build for top Malph is Iceborn, CDR boots, Zhonya's, Rylai's, Liandry's, and then some form of enemy dependent tank if the game goes that long. It's a lot of fun to play and landing those ults on squishies is just mean.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
good god that build sucks

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Agreed - cap void staff is much stronger.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That build is like, mildly stupid at worst, compared to the rest of the poo poo that goes on in my games.

E: That said, yeah, it's hilariously inefficient and its gimmick is only marginally useful.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Gortarius posted:

So it appears, after just 4 matches, that going 45% CDR on Malphite is extremely effective.

I tried him in mid, jungle and support with 20% cdr runes, 5% cdr mastery and the one that allows you to exceed to 45% (it's the same thing maybe idk) and then just bought the yellow support item (that eventually builds to the speed boost orb thing) and upgraded it to second tier + cdr boots and that's it. 45% cdr and a good 70 second ultimate and something like 50 seconds at rank 3.

Thumbs up.

Please do not build talisman of ascension on top or mid malphite. If you really want to rush CDR consider frozen heart, an item that gives 20% CDR as well as armour and mana.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if anyone still cares about Gross Gore but this video is loving hilarious and you should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08VLKYNMVE

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i don't car

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Teikanmi posted:

I don't know if anyone still cares about Gross Gore but this video is loving hilarious and you should watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B08VLKYNMVE

Saw the title and I don't think I want to know what he wants to explain

edit: the only Grossie-related video I watch is this one https://youtu.be/XMnBBfWsqhE

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kind of excited about the bird man changes on the PBE, Azir is a super fun champ that I'd like to play some time.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrfYZsZLJA

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Just on a general note: CGI's getting real loving good these days.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I dunno if I'll ever get over that their update to yorick was to change him from an obnoxious lane bully to an obnoxious lane bully that takes a few levels to get rolling.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
As someone who started playing this game in season 6 after the two-role champ select thing was introduced, getting autofilled to support for the first time is not fun. 0/9/16 soraka! Maybe I'll try janna instead.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Demacian hair dressing magic on point I see.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Are there any attempted brutal vaginal stabbings in this? Or cigars? Don't want to freak myself out if possible.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Malphite looking a bit feral and angry these days.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Malphite skipped leg day

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Cool I didn't realize Lina inverse was going to be the first crossover character

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

gvibes posted:

As someone who started playing this game in season 6 after the two-role champ select thing was introduced, getting autofilled to support for the first time is not fun. 0/9/16 soraka! Maybe I'll try janna instead.

I think the very supporty supports are actually a little annoying to pick up if you're not used to the role. Off the top of my head, Morgana and Naut both have play patterns that are a little more familiar if you aren't usually support, and unlike "I don't want to be here" support superstars brand and vel, being good utility even if not played incredibly well. You also get to have those champions if you play mid or top, and they are both pretty fun.

Janna is awesome though, and a bit of time learning her is time well spent.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

I think a KDA of 46:1 is probably the best I've ever done on Sona.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i cant wait to see people play goth lux

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I've been trying solo lane morgana and have been waffling a bit back and forth over whether dft or thunderlords is better. TL seems like the no brainer option and op.gg stats back that up (75/25 use it) because it's so easy to get off by dropping a patch on their feet and it can make your wave pushing even more annoying if it happens to trigger while they're standing near stuff. You'll have access to it basically every exchange it's not on cooldown.

OTOH if you look at ~500 AP level 18, you only need 7 seconds worth of dft to equal the thunderlords, in a hypothetical 1 on 1 that's basically how long your combo will last, (bare minimum 6 seconds if you hit with R first then Q, likely 7 depending on how good you layered the stun, possibly 8 if they get out of pool slowly) but more importantly if you're just sort of volleying patches and q's at people during a siege you're sure to get 7+ seconds spread out among the enemy team and any hard ult+zhonya's engage will certainly be there too. Honestly her laning is never too big of an issue cause of how safe farming with w and having e to deter ganks so maybe late game oriented would be better?

On the other hand again if you randomly do catch someone fishing with q + w then the immediate poke from TL might make it easier for your team to capitalize on it even during a prolonged siege.

It feels like it should work on morgana but I can't really tell if it does or not, kinda sucks the w is treated like a dot instead of aoe as that would help it a bit more.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 29, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Just use thunderbirds. You need the burst during all-ins in lane.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Just use thunderbirds. You need the burst during all-ins in lane.

I feel like I don't usually get solo kills in lane as morg unless they gently caress up terribly, I either poke em out or get a jungler gank.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Right, during jungler ganks it's a thousand times better.

A Wry Smile
Jul 19, 2014

Well, at least now it's over.
Haven't played in a couple years, got a new computer put in some 30-40 normals to get the feel back, now it's finally time for my ranked placement matches with my duo partner!

Game 1: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2359451925/33503121?tab=overview
I queue for Sup, my duo partner queues for Bot and gets Mid, and Bot doesn't wanna switch with him. I go support Ivern, 3/0/4 in lane (without KSing anyone), and our ADC Draven dies every 2-3 minutes for the entire game. Final score: Me with 3/5/18 (two deaths at the very end trying to peel off the nexus), Mid Cass is 15/10/5, Draven is 5/17/5, and our other teammates are in the negatives too. We lose to a fed Zac and company.

E: Draven says not to worry because ranked is no different from normal right now.

A Wry Smile fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 29, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Vermain posted:

Just on a general note: CGI's getting real loving good these days.

Needs to go back to the days of gratuitous katarina titty physics imo

Keen to play elementalist taytay tho

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 29, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lux charges up her kamehameha wave & the cgi fades to black, Suddenly we hear fshhhewww BONK HUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRt an ally has been slain

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Right, during jungler ganks it's a thousand times better.

I guess I don't really see it that way, like if i land my q during the jungler gank it's basically 100% chance they'll die unless something goes terribly wrong regardless of whether I can do 100 more damage during a several second root and if I miss my q then we're prolly not getting them either way. I'm certainly not going to argue that TL isn't better early game but I dunno if it makes that big of a difference just due to her general laning pattern.

Honestly I'm more curious about whether dft it's even that much better late game, like even if technically it's more dps it's prolly gonna be a bit more spread out so whether it helps anything or just pads charts is more where I'm stuck. Maybe nothing matters at all hail satan.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i dont really care about element lux but im excited that the prospect of a Power Ranger shen skin being made in the future is more likely with the advent of obnoxious color change wheels

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/156094697/200003764

I only got an A+ for this support Warwick masterclass. Bullshit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Neurolimal posted:

i dont really care about element lux but im excited that the prospect of a Power Ranger shen skin being made in the future is more likely with the advent of obnoxious color change wheels

Saban is a rude company that probably wont let this happen

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

by jove I think we've solved it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

People give me poo poo constantly for not picking up the sweeper until I can get oracles even if I already have ss. I mean I know it's probably the right call I just feel like pre 9 sweep is so garbage that I'd rather have extra wards for lane bushes or w/e if things extend a bit. Basically worst plat supp na is what im sayin

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Considering how good stealth is this patch I wouldn't call out anyone at all who buys sweeper, regardless of role

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you plan to literally ever roam and gank there is in fact a reason to have a sweeper, since sweeping wards turns them off which for some reason most people dont know

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

if you plan to literally ever roam and gank there is in fact a reason to have a sweeper, since sweeping wards turns them off which for some reason most people dont know
The level 6 one only works in specific spots and while it does disable vision it also makes it blatantly obvious you're doing it, sweeping a ward gives about the same amount of warning to whoever you are ganking that simply running past it does. Its good for setting up ganks defensively for sure but it's not proactive. Meanwhile the new pink does the same thing and baits people into fighting over it and having extra wards for your two lane bushes is indescribably helpful in fights where someone tries to flash to one for cover.

Obviously mid game and beyond it's better to have oracles but I've found in laning when you can't actually count on your jungler coming to your lane it's more useful to be able to trink a bush in a duel or have an extra ward if you go through two rotations of ss while farming.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shutting off vision from a ward isnt the same thing as just running through it. theres a chance somebody didnt initially notice you, and theres a huge difference between 2+ people showing up for a gank that they don't know about and that same number of people visibly walking through a ward

shutting off vision from wards is actually a huge benefit

• Locked thread