Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Got the physical release, currently downloading the 1.02 patch. 17 minutes to go.

It's happening, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's way way easier to dodge and parry attacks if you're locked onto that enemy. Wow lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I now have no regrets over pre-ordering this game.

Wrong dog however. The one in the picture is a wild pup found on the side of the road. It does however remind Prompto of the dog mentioned in the spoiler in the same Brotherhood episode.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm one of the people who played FFXV.

I'm currently late for work as I overslept after 4 hours of playing Chapter 1.

Good game

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Just finished my first hunt, game owns.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's way way easier to dodge and parry attacks if you're locked onto that enemy. Wow lol

I really wish it had an option to make lock a toggle rather than having to hold R1 down the whole time.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I really wish it had an option to make lock a toggle rather than having to hold R1 down the whole time.

R1 > R3

I don't use it because it messes up my warps.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The game you get to play while you download is rather lame, shorter than the demo by far. You just punch gobbos over and over, that's it. Wah wah.

PSN is getting slammed harrrrrrrrd, my download is crawling. Oh well, gonna watch some TV and crash and play tomorrow.

GonSmithe posted:

So I downloaded the game but now the title screen is saying I have an install time of 70 minutes left, do I need to keep the game open to install or can I play something else while waiting?

It'll keep downloading in the background if you play something else.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There are no bad reviews. No great ones either (from reputable sources.) Does that mean the game is worth playing? Or should I wait a month?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FFXV looks really beautiful on the PlayStation 4 Pro. I've only played for an hour in a half so far but I have work tomorrow so I need to go to bed now.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

There are no bad reviews. No great ones either (from reputable sources.) Does that mean the game is worth playing? Or should I wait a month?

I don't know what to tell you other than if you like Action RPGs, just plunge in and take the risk.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

There are no bad reviews. No great ones either (from reputable sources.)

That kinda sounds like the mainstream critical reception of 12 and 13?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I dunno what you mean by reputable but there are several 9s and glowing no score reviews.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm enjoying the game so far but I am also getting very lost on things at point. Like combat feels kind of weird in when I am supposed to be doing stuff like the link attacks and what influences better follow ups than others?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there any way to more forward time besides resting? I have a hunt that only comes out at night and I declined to wait till nighttime when picking it up thinking I'd run down there and collect stuff/fight on the way, but now am I just stuck waiting?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fast travel.

Captain Baal posted:

I'm enjoying the game so far but I am also getting very lost on things at point. Like combat feels kind of weird in when I am supposed to be doing stuff like the link attacks and what influences better follow ups than others?

Link-attacks happen randomly when you're back attacking. So always be attacking backs. You get more link-attacks if your bros have secondary weapons equipped, so make sure to immediately give Ignis a spear.

VanillaGorilla posted:

Incidentally, they changed up the battle scoring system in 1.02. "Stealth" is out, and now you're rated on Damage, Finesse, and Defense. Seems MUCH easier to get A ranks on fights now (I literally never figured out what the gently caress "Stealth" even meant after 30 hours of playing the game).

Stealth = back attacks.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Holy poo poo this game is actually good.

Noct You Like a Hurricane. :allears:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Listening to Aerith's theme in the car on the way to the beach and everything is right with the world. Game still owns.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
This pinball Monster Strike game is way too loving easy, I am actively trying to lose and I can't.

Do I still get treasures or whatever if I quit instead of losing?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why am I fishing so much

why am i enjoying fishing in Final Fantasy

Terper posted:

Fast travel.

Link-attacks happen randomly when you're back attacking. So always be attacking backs. You get more link-attacks if your bros have secondary weapons equipped, so make sure to immediately give Ignis a spear.

Alright cool, thanks

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is there a downside to having wait mode active, or is it essentially a "you're an idiot if you don't turn this on" thing?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Helped Ignis make breakfast and hunted monsters. Really liking it so far. I also appreciated the LotR gag for the potato description.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
This game is super fun so far, and one time I glitched Ignis into dancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3IiK_v70fo

I jumped over a wall to talk to that guy, and Ignis must've still been in his falling animation. Only caught the end of it on the recording, but he was tap dancing with his arms out for the whole conversation, it was pretty :laffo:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hrmm maybe I shouldn't have spent 700gil on Hot Tamale..

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waltzing Along posted:

I dunno, both Eurogamer and Gamesradar gave it a 9.

IGN and Polygon scores don't even mean anything anymore, if they ever did.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

The reviews pretty much point to what it seems from people's feedback in the thread, it's a good but pretty drat flawed game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is there a downside to having wait mode active, or is it essentially a "you're an idiot if you don't turn this on" thing?

Combat is exciting and fun in real-time

Wait mode in this is most analogous to VATS

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Also let me be the first to say that I love the FFVI-style sprites on the equipment/store menus that show who can equip what gear.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArCXem4OPj4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dropkickpikachu posted:

This pinball Monster Strike game is way too loving easy, I am actively trying to lose and I can't.

Do I still get treasures or whatever if I quit instead of losing?

I played it for about 15 minutes to see if it would ever end or I was ever in danger of dying and ended up just quitting, I got an accessory from it but I dunno if that was a consolation prize or what.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So how do I get this ugly pre-order skin off my car?

E: Oh I had to go back to Cindy. Thank God, I love sprites but not plastered on the side of my car..

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 29, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

FFXV looks really beautiful on the PlayStation 4 Pro. I've only played for an hour in a half so far but I have work tomorrow so I need to go to bed now.

Looks gorgeous on PS4 regular too, but the framerate is pretty rear end. Does it feel like 60fps on Pro?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait is Kingsglaive just happening in cutscene form?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Captain Baal posted:

Wait is Kingsglaive just happening in cutscene form?

Yes, they cut scenes from the movie and put it in the game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's surreal, guess I should watch my copy of that I have now`

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Went into this as utterly blind as I could, and the juxtaposition of the intro going from a regal looking place to a road trip breakdown in the middle of the Arizona desert (cue FF15 logo while the boys are bitching about their lot) had me laughing for a while. Haven't seen any plot yet but I hope the characterization keeps up (assuming Ignis ever loosens up, goddamn man get that rod out yo rear end)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So are there actual well realised towns/cities to explore at your own pace this time or did they gently caress it like they hosed XIII?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Sakurazuka posted:

I played it for about 15 minutes to see if it would ever end or I was ever in danger of dying and ended up just quitting, I got an accessory from it but I dunno if that was a consolation prize or what.

I played it and got to 2.6M points. Everything was level 99 for quite some time. Only thing I got out of it was a defensive accessory. Took over 2 hours. Bleh

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

So are there actual well realised towns/cities to explore at your own pace this time or did they gently caress it like they hosed XIII?

i heard there are 2 cities and the rest of like, small outpost type things. so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't know if this is true of digital copies, but if you go to play the game while 1.02 is installing you can play a combat demo, basically the end of Platinum but with infinite Goblins instead of the Iron Giant. It's fun enough, and I wish more games gave you at least something to do while waiting like this.

• Locked thread