Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Some anti-fun person thought he'd try to gank anyone trying to make money by killing skimmers. At first, I thought this was some random player also getting in on the whole kill skimmers thing. Then I saw laser fire and the AI ship that normally guards Faraday Keep take off and circle the base. Figuring the AI ship was probably engaging this other player, I continued to roll up to the base when this player opened up on me.

He even started his attack from my behind. Dude took down my shields and got me down to 97% hull before I could throttle away from him and low wake out of there. I figured that at this point, I have a duty to the community. I must take this guy out before he takes out anyone else trying to get those spacebux. :patriot:

I chilled in super cruise until my shields recharged all the way, flew back to the base to trump this guy. He got me down to 25% hull and shattered my canopy. ~175K in repairs, no regrets. Made 17 Draconis Great AgainŽ.

Also, I was surprised that my Python could outmaneuver the guy's FdL. He was able to fly out of my view quickly, but I was always able to cut angles and get him back in my sights. I had FA off (I only turn off FA for dogfights), but maybe he had FA on? Hopefully this dude is crying on the brown sea forums right now!

Dolemite fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Lol why the gently caress are you not in solo 😂

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Looks like draco is out of civil war. :rip:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

He's Dolemite baby? :v:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Dolemite posted:

Some anti-fun person thought he'd try to gank anyone trying to make money by killing skimmers. At first, I thought this was some random player also getting in on the whole kill skimmers thing. Then I saw laser fire and the AI ship that normally guards Faraday Keep take off and circle the base. Figuring the AI ship was probably engaging this other player, I continued to roll up to the base when this player opened up on me.

He even started his attack from my behind. Dude took down my shields and got me down to 97% hull before I could throttle away from him and low wake out of there. I figured that at this point, I have a duty to the community. I must take this guy out before he takes out anyone else trying to get those spacebux. :patriot:

I chilled in super cruise until my shields recharged all the way, flew back to the base to trump this guy. He got me down to 25% hull and shattered my canopy. ~175K in repairs, no regrets. Made 17 Draconis Great AgainŽ.

Also, I was surprised that my Python could outmaneuver the guy's FdL. He was able to fly out of my view quickly, but I was always able to cut angles and get him back in my sights. I had FA off (I only turn off FA for dogfights), but maybe he had FA on? Hopefully this dude is crying on the brown sea forums right now!

:thumbsup:

I play in open hoping stuff like this will happen, but it never does. I got interdicted by a player doing a Sothis run, once, but I was coming back from a drop off and only had 3 data missions so I didn't even mind when he killed my Poopconda in <15 seconds.

Dolemite posted:

Made 17 Draconis Great AgainŽ.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Herb Dington posted:

You get your invitation to Qwent from Elvira, don't you? fakedit: [strike]yep![/strike] edit again: nevermind you also need an invite from sirius after that

Yep. I ended up getting one eventually - it took about a full day to spawn.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Krycek posted:

WAR, huh, good god y'all, what is it good for

a lot of credits

Come back soon war :(

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Krycek posted:

Yarp :(

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Hah i just got back from a couple day hiking trip to get back on the grind train. Oh well, I guess 1.6 billion credits is good enough for now.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Already happened once, hopefully we'll get another cycle soon.

Need BGS wizard to advise on how to make draconis war again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Chrysophylax posted:

Yeah, if they had only left it at 300% as it was during the beta. You would actually be able to move around.

Then they nerfed it because, paraphrasing more than a few brown sea spergs here, 'it would wreck the size and integrity of the bubble.'

:psyboom:

Even at 300%, the neutron stars consume about as much time replotting as you would just jumping the extra three jumps. White dwarfs at 50% are nothing but a pure time sink. I keep saying this but I don't understand putting useless things into a game.

Neutron stars are 400% and save 4 jumps. And if you're an explorer, you save tons of times because on average, you'll succumb to scan at least one or two objects every second system you jump into. That poo poo piles up fast. For comparison, if I fly a thousand light years I make around 30 jumps and on average, scan 30 stars and 15-100 planets. And that's when I choose to ignore most of what I see.

Neutron stars are awesome because you're intentionally skipping tons of system you'd normally find yourself oblidged to scan, at least partially. On a good day, I can force myself to make my 30+ jumps the normal way, or use neutron stars to go twice as far in the same time. So, long-range explorers can save a lot of time. Of course, White Dwarfs are basically trash/a cute oddity, that's true. I wouldn't complain if Frontier makes boosts more effective, but there are so many idiots complaining I'm not sure they'll do it. (Because theoretically, if you found a neutron star every time, had infinite fuel, infinite patience and infinite time, you could make it across the galaxy in less then two full days! :v: )

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Krycek posted:

As long as I'm getting "Massacre XYZ ships" I'll milk that space cow. I had to attend a wedding this weekend, only made 400 million spacebucks. The Space Gini Coefficient is spreading!

Einbauschrank fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 29, 2016

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Krycek posted:

gently caress yins got mine.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I know literally nothing about how to outfit this anaconda.

I just went with A-spec everything for it, but that gives poo poo jump range, and I'm not sure what to d-spec or downgrade.

Is it meant to have all turrets or do I actually point it at things and shoot with gimbels or what?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah that's what I mean with white dwarfs. If they would give you an extra 50-150 ly then it's still small enough not to shrink the galaxy (that's what neutron stars are for), but big enough to be a massive deal within the bubble.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I hope it comes back soon, but I can't really complain.

When this started I had 25mil to my name, along with a Sidewinder, Cobra MK3, and a Type-6. During this civil war, I added a stock Anaconda, a fully kitted Python, and a couple smaller ships (Vulture and an Eagle). I got my Sol permit, went up several ranks, and I still have 125mil to play with until the next goldrush.

I guess my next goal is to fully kit out my 'conda and then go for space kaiser and start stocking up the billions.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 28, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Krycek posted:

I'm still getting 12mill missions from the board :shrug:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Groggy nard posted:

I'm still getting 12mill missions from the board :shrug:

Which faction?

Control of the system has switched hands due to the civil war.

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013

Apple Craft posted:

Which faction?

Control of the system has switched hands due to the civil war.

last time the war dropped a few days ago, some missions persisted for a little while after.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Herb Dington posted:

last time the war dropped a few days ago, some missions persisted for a little while after.

Looks like it was that, I got four missions right before posting that, and immediately stopped getting any more, sorry.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

I know literally nothing about how to outfit this anaconda.

I just went with A-spec everything for it, but that gives poo poo jump range, and I'm not sure what to d-spec or downgrade.

Is it meant to have all turrets or do I actually point it at things and shoot with gimbels or what?

That all depends on what you want to do with it..mine is combat focused so I D-rated the life support, A-rated everything else. Per jump range isn't great but I can sub out the hull reinforcements with fuel tanks (5C/6C) to get hundreds of LY total range, so I'm able to go far without refueling. Go with gimbals for the DPS and you'll want your huge hardpoint fixed to get the most out of it. Dirty drives is good for maneuverability: https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/ana...=Combat%20Conda

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wow modular terminals are nowhere near as rare as they used to be. Picked up 28 as mission rewards in the past couple hours.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

DancingShade posted:

Wow modular terminals are nowhere near as rare as they used to be. Picked up 28 as mission rewards in the past couple hours.
I came late to the engineer party but the problem for me has always been inventory tetris not actually finding the commodities. Which is why it's so great that their proposed solution doesn't solve either of those problems. :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pilchenstein posted:

I came late to the engineer party but the problem for me has always been inventory tetris not actually finding the commodities. Which is why it's so great that their proposed solution doesn't solve either of those problems. :v:

Yeah the engineer grind is pretty lovely unless you're in something like a Cobra Mk 3 or an Asp Explorer. Everything else has range/internal space/landing pad restrictions to work around.

(I don't count the python because fully loaded stock that thing has poo poo jump range, just lots of fuel)

jnnnnn
May 31, 2013

MEL

Apple Craft posted:

When this started I had 25mil to my name, along with a Sidewinder, Cobra MK3, and a Type-6. During this civil war, I added a stock Anaconda, a fully kitted Python, and a couple smaller ships (Vulture and an Eagle). I got my Sol permit, went up several ranks, and I still have 125mil to play with until the next goldrush.

That almost sounds... fun

What is happening to this game

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Find the latest exploit and hammer the hell out of it before it gets nerfed is pretty much the end-game meta.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Find the latest exploit and hammer the hell out of it before it gets nerfed is pretty much the end-game meta.

Are we just looking for civil war systems that have a horizons landing planet? Because there look to be plenty of systems in a civil war.

I missed out on this thing by... a whole day it looks like but I sure would like to get in on another one.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah that should do the trick as long as the planet base is owned by one of the civil war factions. Just stack massacre missions.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Visited a bunch of civil war systems today and none were really offering massacre missions. Is there some trigger in the BGS that makes these appear?

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
I think what 17 drac had going for it was it had a ground site that spawned skimmers, and it was many lightyears form the nearest habited system, so it couldnt just generate "hey hop a system or two over to deliver this data" or "bring us corn" missions that were fairly short on the jumps. so it mostly spawned just the donate missions and the massacres.

I found a system last night that would spawn a massacre mission once in a while, but the best skimmer site i could find was only 3 skimmers. I know, boo-hoo... but it barely spawned the massacre missions because it mostly just handed out tons of "bring us x" missions from systems next door. Genderi, I think was the system? forget where on the ground and who to take the jobs from. also, the missiles i was firing were glitching into the ground, and missing the skimmers 90% of the time. so lasers might be best for this one.

But i think the best results will come from the habited systems >50ly away from the nearest system?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Syves posted:

I think what 17 drac had going for it was it had a ground site that spawned skimmers, and it was many lightyears form the nearest habited system, so it couldnt just generate "hey hop a system or two over to deliver this data" or "bring us corn" missions that were fairly short on the jumps. so it mostly spawned just the donate missions and the massacres.

I found a system last night that would spawn a massacre mission once in a while, but the best skimmer site i could find was only 3 skimmers. I know, boo-hoo... but it barely spawned the massacre missions because it mostly just handed out tons of "bring us x" missions from systems next door. Genderi, I think was the system? forget where on the ground and who to take the jobs from. also, the missiles i was firing were glitching into the ground, and missing the skimmers 90% of the time. so lasers might be best for this one.

But i think the best results will come from the habited systems >50ly away from the nearest system?

Maybe that was it. I found one system at civil war - Svalinn. Had a planet close by with a facility that is owned by the opposing faction. Rarely saw any massacre missions. I tried relogging from open to closed a few times, didn't seem to populate many.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
have a thing for those long range exploration missions:
http://www.spansh.co.uk/

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I just finished a few of these and made somewhere around 500 million from it (not counting exploration data). Tried this site, but I ended up just plotting my own route because it took so long to do the whole 'navigate into jet stream, plot course' deal, and I wanted to pay less attention. Site works just great though.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Yo try out Yen Chelici, it seems to have a civil war on with some annihilate ships things. Took me a while to figure out what to do, but I killed some skimmers hanging around a downed ship Counted towards the mission!

Had 3 of the missions stacked so hopefully this adds up quick.

e: now I can't seem to get a mission to spawn.

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 29, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Those migration visas to Colonia - are they "register your faction" or "please Frontier move my ship across the galaxy" sign ups?

Because I was planning on just flying out there eventually once it gets going for a look-see but I'm not leaving the bubble until I'm done with my current engineer grind objectives.

I'm literally mapping out my engineer stuff on lined notepaper next to my keyboard. I feel so retro.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I think that you sign up to support a faction to move out there, and whoever hauls enough poo poo to jacques starting on the 2nd gets first dibs at a permanent presence in the new bubble.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Parallelwoody posted:

I think that you sign up to support a faction to move out there, and whoever hauls enough poo poo to jacques starting on the 2nd gets first dibs at a permanent presence in the new bubble.

Ah cheers. I'm still focused on stuff you all probably finished dealing with months ago but I'll be with you in spirit once that event kicks off.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Not sure if this saves you time, but it's definitely less boring.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Ah cheers. I'm still focused on stuff you all probably finished dealing with months ago but I'll be with you in spirit once that event kicks off.

Oh I'm right there with you. I came back after a pretty long absence to beat the hell out of the 17 draconis money piñata and now I'm trying to get a decent amount of engineering done on my ships before the trip out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey my FDL now has a 15 LY jump range even when fully loaded, it's actually usable! :toot:

(it could be even better but I can't find datamined wake exceptions to save my life, one day...)

• Locked thread