Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My PS4 finally arrived, time to go pick it up and join my bros :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I've come up with a new Ray Ceh Payh!

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The first thing I do at any new outpost is check all the vendors for new music. Gotta 100% that CD collection asap

And the first time I had to select from Prompto's pictures I rolled my eyes a bit but now I look forward to sleeping so I can save all the pictures of grumpy Ignis

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is the radio meant to be super quiet or do I have a hosed speaker? In either case, is there a way to turn it up?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

why isn't my copy here yeeeet

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Can someone explain, in detail, how to make magic? I'm juuuust starting the game and I tried to make a spell and for whatever retarded reason I can't get it to work. I select the spell component (ice) at like 1x, any random thing in the bottom slot (a potion, say) and then.... what? None of the buttons seem to actually create it. I have a free slot so I don't know wtf.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pathos posted:

Can someone explain, in detail, how to make magic? I'm juuuust starting the game and I tried to make a spell and for whatever retarded reason I can't get it to work. I select the spell component (ice) at like 1x, any random thing in the bottom slot (a potion, say) and then.... what? None of the buttons seem to actually create it. I have a free slot so I don't know wtf.

"Craft" is hiding a bit below all that, press down from the lowermost circle. If not, I don't know what to tell you, because it worked for me and all the other steps sound the same.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Pathos posted:

Press down arrow again to select "Craft Magic" or whatever it says. It's not obvious that it's something you highlight

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pathos posted:

I need a tutorial on this too. I couldn't figure it out.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I have a hunt that requires me to be there at night, so I'm driving there... and a giant fuckoff demon that I can't possibly defeat shows up in the middle of the road and noctis just pulls the gently caress over instead of letting me just drive past, and I can't get back in the car because I'm in combat and the creature won't gently caress off so I guess I'm running all the way to the hunt now. I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but holy poo poo there are some rough edges.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh yeah, while we're asking questions (what else is a game thread for once it's actually out?), do the fish the cat at the Quay can eat only come out in the day? I'm fishing for it but it said edible fish are yellow on the minimap and I only see blue dots. I wanna help this kitty. :saddowns: Still wondering about the radio, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lucid Dream posted:

I have a hunt that requires me to be there at night, so I'm driving there... and a giant fuckoff demon that I can't possibly defeat shows up in the middle of the road and noctis just pulls the gently caress over instead of letting me just drive past, and I can't get back in the car because I'm in combat and the creature won't gently caress off so I guess I'm running all the way to the hunt now. I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but holy poo poo there are some rough edges.

I am really not understanding why special encounters at night are a thing. I mean specifically what you are talking about where you can be driving on the road and be interrupted by a big gently caress off monster that is much more powerful then you are. This is stupid as hell.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I am really not understanding why special encounters at night are a thing. I mean specifically what you are talking about where you can be driving on the road and be interrupted by a big gently caress off monster that is much more powerful then you are. This is stupid as hell.

Ignis refuses to drive you around at night for this very reason. He'll eventually chill out about it when you're like level 30+

At least for me, you had to choose a dialogue option telling him to gently caress off to ignore this, so you have taken your life into your own hands, my man.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

VanillaGorilla posted:

At least for me, you had to choose a dialogue option telling him to gently caress off to ignore this, so you have taken your life into your own hands, my man.

Sure, but then they put in low level hunt(s) that require you to get places at night. If they want to discourage night driving, fine, but don't then give me a mission that requires me to drive around at night.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Lucid Dream posted:

Sure, but then they put in low level hunt(s) that require you to get places at night. If they want to discourage night driving, fine, but don't then give me a mission that requires me to drive around at night.

Go there during the day and it'll ask if you want to wait until night.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the roadtrip site wasnt doing anything when i clicked redeem DLC so i clicked it a bunch of times and now I have three codes for each set in my email

not bad since i canceled my amazon order

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

TG-Chrono posted:

Go there during the day and it'll ask if you want to wait until night.

Ah great, thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did anyone get the fuckoff idiot squenix edition yet and if so can you tell me how the DLC is included, i.e. how many codes there are and for which items?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Prompto

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Pomp posted:

Prompto

My thoughts exactly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Save your game often, it just randomly crashed when I accessed a campsite

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pomp posted:

Prompto

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh yeah, while we're asking questions (what else is a game thread for once it's actually out?), do the fish the cat at the Quay can eat only come out in the day? I'm fishing for it but it said edible fish are yellow on the minimap and I only see blue dots. I wanna help this kitty. :saddowns: Still wondering about the radio, too.

Yeah, they come out during the day.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pomp posted:

Prompto

Actually, Gladiolus

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Augus posted:

Actually, Gladiolus

(13 years old, kid is big)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Augus posted:

Actually, Gladiolus
??

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Game is fun so far. Combat flows nicely and there's a lot more depth to it than it appears at first glance, though big fights with lots of enemies are kinda annoying sometimes because you'll be setting up for a parry or trying to maneuver for a blindside strike and get knocked out of it by some enemy rushing you from off-screen, especially if they can knock you down.Timed dodging with that skill that replenishes a bit of MP every time you do it is neat, though the timing can be pretty tricky since you can't dodge if you are in an attack animation and there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel out of one.

So actually, you can cancel out of basically everything by holding the guard button mid-combo. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it's way easier to do this on control style B, where guard is L1 and attack is square, so you can switch between the two without letting go of one first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkFSsnym3Lg

This video goes over it a bit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pathos posted:

You select an empty slot, press l1/r1? to fill it up, then move the cursor down to Craft. It's really obtuse and not obvious, but I eventually figured it out even drunk.

I was able to obtain the dlc minus the jacket, chocobo car, and leviathan car. When do you think those are going on sale? A month from now?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 29, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does DLC have a expiration date? I haven't managed to save enough funds for a PS4+FFXV yet but maybe mid-Dec earliest :smith:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Starting to struggle with not just buying a ps4 and this game but I'd feel really weird buying a console for one game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's Persona 5 early next year!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Mine dungeon spoilers Is there a gimmick to the Aramusha fight with all the goblins or am I just supposed to come back here way later?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

slev posted:

Starting to struggle with not just buying a ps4 and this game but I'd feel really weird buying a console for one game

The PS4 also has Bloodborne so you'd be buying it for 2 games

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ah, memories of being terrible at dodging and mistiming blocks while my allies do nearly all the work. It's like I'm playing Tales all over again!

Spamming Warp Strikes is good though.

Also quick tip for beginners: get Ignis' Regroup ASAP. It's seriously one of the best skills out there and it's only 8 AP.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Phoix posted:

Mine dungeon spoilers Is there a gimmick to the Aramusha fight with all the goblins or am I just supposed to come back here way later?

If you have a gun, you can apparently shoot him from above until he dies and they can't get at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ryOMFZwqEY

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Are there any must find items or places you should go to before leaving the first area?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My copy's still not here but what's the filesize? Wanna know if I have to clear up any more space on my PS4.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Arist posted:

My copy's still not here but what's the filesize? Wanna know if I have to clear up any more space on my PS4.

My installs at 52.89GB

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

slev posted:

The PS4 also has/will have The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son, The Last Guardian, and more that will never be on a PC.

You can probably get a used console at a pretty agreeable price, and even new the Slim is $300; you don't need a Pro for this game.

e: I'm gonna play FF on the Xbone :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Luminaflare posted:

Are there any must find items or places you should go to before leaving the first area?

No, everything will still be there when you come back.

• Locked thread