Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

greatn posted:

I tried all my male grass and ghost Pokemon and my Decidueye won't gently caress any of them. How can I get baby Rowlet cause I don't think I'll see ditto for a while.

Golbat. It's in the "flying" egg group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flying_(Egg_Group)

Decidueye is dtf birds/bats

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Besides the one in Po Town, where can I find more Ice Stones? Just through the Pelago?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Senerio posted:

Besides the one in Po Town, where can I find more Ice Stones? Just through the Pelago?

As far as I know, that's the case. :(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

grilldos posted:

Do the QR code for ditto and then hunt for one on GTS, or one of these goons will surely send one your way.

What are the rules for crossbreeding though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Chill Penguin posted:

Golbat. It's in the "flying" egg group.

Ok, thanks.

drat Decidueye, you're not a bird anymore. The fact that you're still into birds basically makes you a pedophile, Decidueye.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

greatn posted:

I tried all my male grass and ghost Pokemon and my Decidueye won't gently caress any of them. How can I get baby Rowlet cause I don't think I'll see ditto for a while.

Breeding is determined by egg group, not by type. The egg group for Decidueye is flying: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/flying.shtml

So try a Pikipek or and Oricorio, for instance

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

greatn posted:

There is no crossbreeding. The child is the same species as the mother, or if you use a male with a ditto it's the same as the father.

Certain moves and stat numbers can be inherited from either parent, that's a complicated mess though and you'll want to look at the bulbapedia guide for breeding for that.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

greatn posted:

Unless you have a Pokemon that can't breed at all (things like legendary and mythical Pokemon), it will breed with Ditto .
If you don't have a Ditto, you look up the Pokemon on Bulbapedia and look up the information under "Egg Group". At that point you look up which Pokemon are also part of that egg group and you capture a male one to breed with the female Pokemon you already had. Then you take them both to the Pokemon Nursery and put on the Barry White while you spin around with your Tauros mount.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 29, 2016

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have doubts that SOS chaining works. A lot of videos I saw glorified it as "super fast you'll be done in a couple hours tops" but

That seems kinda hokey given what I went through.

Anecdotally it took me about 4 hours to get 4 4-IV ditto via SOS chaining but that includes one attempt that failed at the very end due to the ditto struggling itself to death before I got my catch strategy down and a lot of idle time watching youtube videos while chaining. If you turned off battle animations and focused just on catching the ditto I can see it taking around 15-20 minutes per ditto.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

If you breed two Alolan Marowaks that both know Flame Wheel & Shadow Bone, will they produce a baby Cubone that'll have those attacks when it hatches?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Supremezero posted:

Alright, Love Ball Togekiss get.

... who wanted this again?

ME THAT WAS ME

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

Oh word, sorry

The strategy guide I've got is mum on the effect of berries in the cart on the stay/leave rate of the pokes

No worries. Sounds like there's no (known) to influence it then. Oh well!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Note Block posted:

ME THAT WAS ME

Come at me bro. Help me evolve another member of this synchronize army and it's yours.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ok thanks for all the info. Decidueye has taken in the seed of a Golbat. As a result I expect to have more Rowlets soon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

If you breed two Alolan Marowaks that both know Flame Wheel & Shadow Bone, will they produce a baby Cubone that'll have those attacks when it hatches?

I'm pretty sure level up moves can only be passed down if the hatched pokemon can learn them from leveling up, not its evolved form.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Supremezero posted:

Come at me bro. Help me evolve another member of this synchronize army and it's yours.

Ok! So one trade for Togepi (or Togekiss) where I get your Kadabra and the. Another trade where I give it back, right?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Note Block posted:

Ok! So one trade for Togepi (or Togekiss) where I get your Kadabra and the. Another trade where I give it back, right?

Well, given that both the Togepi and Kadabra on my side, it needs to be Kadabra for junk, then togepi for alakazam, or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I got wonder traded a wimpod in a beast ball, that's kinda neat :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I traded a Braviary for a Sharpedo in a Beast Ball, so soon I'll be able to offer up Beast Ball Carvahnas.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Supremezero posted:

Well, given that both the Togepi and Kadabra on my side, it needs to be Kadabra for junk, then togepi for alakazam, or something.

Kk! You can look through my post history to see if there's anything else I have that you may want! Why get junk when you can get treasure? (Unless my treasures are junky, haha)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got wonder traded a wimpod in a beast ball, that's kinda neat :v:

Eventually I think all these beast ball mons are going to be super common. Last I checked up on beldum, the GTS is full of beast ball ones. (On the flipside I have a couple other beast ball pokemon that don't seem to have proliferated quite as fast yet.)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Senerio posted:

I traded a Braviary for a Sharpedo in a Beast Ball, so soon I'll be able to offer up Beast Ball Carvahnas.

Is Sharpedo one of the mega stones that's available? :o:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Note Block posted:

Kk! You can look through my post history to see if there's anything else I have that you may want! Why get junk when you can get treasure? (Unless my treasures are junky, haha)

If you want to breed me a HA Grimer (I have no idea if it's worth a drat, but it's neat) that'll work.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Senerio posted:

I'm here if you still are.

I'm home, and wanted one if you still got one.
1521-4593-3539, Pandora

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Are you still offering these?

EDIT: 2723-9256-0832

shyduck posted:

I'd love to get one if possible

5429 8206 1077 IGN: Rob

Palladium posted:

I would kill to have just one destiny knot.

1307 - 0135 - 6119

Added.

0233 - 1931 - 6531 if anyone still wants a destiny knot and a castform / Vannilite

I will be on for a good hour if any of you are able to take advantage of it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Shortest Path posted:

Is Sharpedo one of the mega stones that's available? :o:

Yep.

That said, it's hard to justify Mega Sharpedo (to me) if the Sharpedo doesn't have Speed Boost.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

greatn posted:

Ok, thanks.

drat Decidueye, you're not a bird anymore. The fact that you're still into birds basically makes you a pedophile, Decidueye.

Sure it's a bird, just a flightless one!!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Someone was posting about giving away Castform. Do you have any more? A female would be awesome, or a male with Hex if you have it.

e: FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

Dizz posted:

Added.

0233 - 1931 - 6531 if anyone still wants a destiny knot and a castform / Vannilite

added

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 29, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You can breed it with a Speed Boost Sharpedo and the kids will have a chance of inheriting both the ball and the HA! :eng101:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm about to catch Lunala with a modest synchronize Alakazam, which ball would suit her best?

Supremezero posted:

If you want to breed me a HA Grimer (I have no idea if it's worth a drat, but it's neat) that'll work.

I have read it's pretty lousy but yeah I can breed you one quick!

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

I will forever laugh at anybody who says battle ______ cheats outside of where they totally do cheat which is giving the pokemon hold-items and moves you cannot access until the next game! I want a mega-lopunny and mega-cham! I want ORAS move tutors!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I've still got female castforms that are holding Destiny Knot. They're more for the item and dex fill, then you can breed more if you want or release it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I'm about to catch Lunala with a modest synchronize Alakazam, which ball would suit her best?
A Beast Ball :getin:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dizz posted:

Added.

I'm on, and would like the Vanillite (+ Destiny Knot).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

A Beast Ball :getin:

I don't have any of my own yet :(

Beast Ball Lunala would be excellent though, maybe I can convince someone to part with one via pokemon trade.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

Added.

I'll take a castform. 3952-7004-2978 grilldos

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I don't have any of my own yet :(

Beast Ball Lunala would be excellent though, maybe I can convince someone to part with one via pokemon trade.

If you hop on I can get rid of one of mine for you had a Beast Ball Goomy right? one of those eggs.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

If you hop on I can get rid of one of mine for you had a Beast Ball Goomy right? one of those eggs.

Great! I just finished hatching Grimer for Supremezero so I'll do that next.

edit: sap sipper or hydration egg?

Note Block fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 29, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dizz posted:

I've still got female castforms that are holding Destiny Knot. They're more for the item and dex fill, then you can breed more if you want or release it.

I mean I'll take one from you if you really want to get rid of them

Fc: 396980024035
Name is Daddo in game

I gotta take my kid to school but I'll be on later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

Great! I just finished hatching Grimer for Supremezero so I'll do that next.

edit: sap sipper or hydration egg?

Either works for me.

Dizz posted:

Vanillite with Destiny Knot
I'm on for the next 30 minutes, so just request Pandora when you're ready.