Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

The literal only missable in the game is an achievement which requires you to beat a late game boss on normal difficulty. Everything else you can go back and do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How do you fast travel to an Inn you've already been to? Not the last one you rested at, but any others? Or do you need to drive to them again?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You need to drive to them but you can fast travel to any parking spot you've found.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Does anyone else find that the Lock on (R1) button does some seriously weird poo poo, especially with flying enemies?

I snuck up on a pack of mobs, and then a bunch of deathparrots showed up, and every time I tried to lock on to one, immediately after landing a warp strike on it I would randomly be locked on to an entirely different mob? I was holding R1 down the entire time, it just seemed to have a mind of its own. Has anyone found any settings that help ease this?

Also, am I right in finding that the R1+R3 lock on combo doesn't work in wait mode? It's kind of bizarre that you can't pick a target, lock onto it, and then go back into active mode.

edit: what in the gently caress, my savefile is 623MB. Make sure to clear out some cloud space if you need to!

bubbapook fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 29, 2016

orange sky
May 7, 2007

This game is surprisingly fun, I'm loving it. The gameplay is incredible, especially fighting, save for some issues with the camera and locking.

That said, the character names are ridiculous.

Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
This took 12 hours to download and install. YMMV obviously.

It's fun so far. Though, I'll admit it had me as soon as Stand by Me started playing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw I accidentally ran my car into another car when pushing it in the opening sequence, was pretty funny.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

orange sky posted:

That said, the character names are ridiculous.

Well this IS the game that had a dude named "King Regis". Which is kind of redundant.

He's also either the 113th King..or the 113th king named Regis. I can't tell, I think it's usually the former in other Final Fantasys

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Despite all my posting I only just now played FFXV for the first time, in Open Combat against all those goblins. I'm glad they got that Omen magic flip in, it's so satisfying.

e: The title screen becomes so pretty once the sun rises :3:

Terper fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm assuming the FFVI CD is some legendary dungeon reward or something you get for 100% completion :saddowns:

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Terper posted:

e: The title screen becomes so pretty once the sun rises :3:

After the "Installing" message gradually went from 27 minutes to 32 minutes I wondered if this would happen but it finished before I could find out. :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Favorite "oh poo poo I'm surrounded and fire is on cooldown" trick: Have spears on, defend until you see an opening, attack once for a sweeping attack in front of him, switch to greatsword during the animation, and the moment Noctis pulls his spear back and it's about to disappear, attack again for a huge 360 sweep with the sword.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Also what the gently caress Cindy put on some clothes, jesus

Barudak
May 7, 2007

orange sky posted:

Also what the gently caress Cindy put on some clothes, jesus

So far her outfit is the biggest letdown in the game.

I will pay you money to dress her better, SE

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Not sure what you mean by "attack again."

People: hold down the attack button AND the defensive stance button. Your Finesse scores will improve, and you'll get more Link attacks.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do you level up your techniques? From using them I assume?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Not sure what you mean by "attack again."

Press the attack button once. Or hold down for like a second I guess if that's your steez. Then when Noctis stops attacking and the weapon disappears, press or hold it down again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm assuming the FFVI CD is some legendary dungeon reward or something you get for 100% completion :saddowns:

I swear I bought this at one of the first outposts I came across.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if you let off the attack button and wait until right before the weapon would disappear and then hit it again you get a strong attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgeklY4bF3E&t=288s applies to every weapon

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 29, 2016

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Barudak posted:

So far her outfit is the biggest letdown in the game.

I will pay you money to dress her better, SE

People have pointed that out since literally the second she was first shown and nobody at SE gives a gently caress. :sigh:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

gschmidl posted:

People have pointed that out since literally the second she was first shown and nobody at SE gives a gently caress. :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqPFqMOqJDc&t=3582s

Cindy is brought up a few minutes later, but this whole segment is pretty funny.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

the roadtrip site wasnt doing anything when i clicked redeem DLC so i clicked it a bunch of times and now I have three codes for each set in my email

not bad since i canceled my amazon order

How long did it take for you to get your codes? Mine hasn't shown up in my email yet, but I assume the site is getting hammered right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cid's outfit is the biggest letup in the game, if you catch my drift. :greencube:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did anyone else not receive the DLC codes from the Road Trip game? I never got the e-mail I was supposed to get...

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Raxivace posted:

Did anyone else not receive the DLC codes from the Road Trip game? I never got the e-mail I was supposed to get...

If you didn't go to the road trip website and tell it to send you codes, do that first.

If you have, I dunno, try again? Then email support?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Kuhmondo posted:

How long did it take for you to get your codes? Mine hasn't shown up in my email yet, but I assume the site is getting hammered right now.

like 5 minutes for a sudden spree of three emails. after i get home and get my game and redeem mine i'll share the extras

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I'm not allowed to drive the car anymore :saddowns: The "manual" option is greyed out in the menu, which I assume is a bug and not intended since I was able to drive just fine earlier. (it may also be the result of me slightly crashing the car the one time I actually drove it, as I didn't expect it to be able to do a 90-degree turn in 0.02 seconds)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm not allowed to drive the car anymore :saddowns: The "manual" option is greyed out in the menu, which I assume is a bug and not intended since I was able to drive just fine earlier. (it may also be the result of me slightly crashing the car the one time I actually drove it, as I didn't expect it to be able to do a 90-degree turn in 0.02 seconds)

Don't worry you just have to hit up the dmv in the next larger town and pass a written exam.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't manually drive it all the time until the start of Chapter 3, Ignis let's you one time in chapter 1 to shut you up.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
As a follow-up to an earlier post; one of the deadliest sins XIII committed was taking forever to get going. Even people who like it admit that it takes its sweet loving time getting to the good stuff. "Just play through the first five-ish hours and it gets great, I promise! :shepface:"

Beginnings are important, possibly more so than endings. A bad ending can sour you on a game, but a bad beginning means you'll probably never even see the ending, however potentially-redeeming it may be.

All that said; does this game begin well?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It starts with Gladiolus' arse if that's what you mean.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

If you're where I think you are you'll have manual back after the next plot area

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Game looks fun, it'll be a long wait for the PC version :smith:

Some problems though:
The enemies could use some global -20% hp to be less of a HP sponge (some small critters takes too long to kill), and the cities are pretty but they seem so dead, Witcher 3 really raised the bar there

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Mokinokaro posted:

If you're where I think you are you'll have manual back after the next plot area
Ah, I see. Thanks. The game could've explained that a bit better (or at all).

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
all right i had enough time to play the tutorial and get to the first autosave

the FATM "stand by me" seemed so out of place until that part reveals itself as the title sequence

mechanic needs clothes badly

those are my only thoughts

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final Fantasy XV is the very dramatic emotional tale of four brothers where they spend the afternoons throwing glitter and rolling around in fields of grass

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

like 5 minutes for a sudden spree of three emails. after i get home and get my game and redeem mine i'll share the extras

May I get one of the extras if mines doesn't show up by then? Of course i'll pay it forward if I get it afterward. Thanks in advance!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spergatory posted:

As a follow-up to an earlier post; one of the deadliest sins XIII committed was taking forever to get going. Even people who like it admit that it takes its sweet loving time getting to the good stuff. "Just play through the first five-ish hours and it gets great, I promise! :shepface:"

Beginnings are important, possibly more so than endings. A bad ending can sour you on a game, but a bad beginning means you'll probably never even see the ending, however potentially-redeeming it may be.

All that said; does this game begin well?

The first thing you do is learn how to poorly drive your car, followed by murdering scorpions with access to every feature of the games combat, even if some are a bit basic.

Hours later you'll wake up from your side quest stupor oand try and remember when the game wasn't about taking combat selfies.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is there fashion in this game. Can I dress up my boys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoever came up with the 'Prompto takes photos of random poo poo' idea should be running Square-Enix

• Locked thread