Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MOTHER FUCKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

It's because I PM'd you and you said you were having terrible shiny luck!

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

deadly_pudding posted:

I name every Pokemon, including the breeding rejects that I bulk Wonder-Trade. I am: bad at coming up with names, so eventually I'm just launching level 1 pokemon named "Bort" and "Carl's Jr." into the internet. It's like a Pokemon shitpost.

Drunk Me once decided that it was hilarious to breed a bunch of Mareanie solely to name them all "Free Hug" (kept in a box called "Hugbox", natch) and send them off to the wonder trade ether.

I got a few Gibles and pokedex entries out of it, so officially not the worst idea I've had while drunk?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

I name every Pokemon, including the breeding rejects that I bulk Wonder-Trade. I am: bad at coming up with names, so eventually I'm just launching level 1 pokemon named "Bort" and "Carl's Jr." into the internet. It's like a Pokemon shitpost.

Don't worry, I Wonder Traded around 1-200 JOHNMADDENs.

It's one of the great things about Wonder Trade! :allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

But is it ina beast ball????

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

El Burbo posted:

I just reminded myself that the Sun Moon arc of Pokémon special and the first chapter came out today

obviously she needs to be compensated, fashion is important. :colbert:

Daeren posted:

I thought the snap cut between Gladion going :mad:, Hau going :D, and the PC going :downs: after fighting Faba the second time was one of the funniest moments of the game.
I really liked the scene just before the fight. "Hey, you have the key to the president's room, don't you?" "Well, obviously, I am the incredibly important branch manager after all." "Great! We'll be taking that now. Ya know, if you'd just stayed hidden, we would've been trapped outside! Isn't that funny? :D" "...poo poo."
Faba got outsmarted by Hau. He should feel ashamed.

Beekeeping and You posted:

I hope fanart's ok because I saw these and thought they were real cute. (All from http://dc9spot.tumblr.com/ )

aaahh everything's so cute

Supremezero posted:

Well, technically they'll be togepi's, but I'll trade you one if you help me evolve one of my Synchronize Kadabras.

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.
I'll take one. Never used one before, but Love Balls are cool™. We added each other yesterday.

e:Beekeeping, you forgot to post Edgelord Gladion.

Even as an adult, he is so full of edge.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 29, 2016

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

Oh, it is. Did you not get a tyblazitar beastly beldum of your own yet?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

El Burbo posted:

It is, and it has two 6 IV parents.

...but what stat didn't it inherit???????

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
paging countblanc:

what are your thoughts on dealing with oranguru turn one

most people are running mental herb so taunt's out (turn one trick room turn two he outspeeds most things because hes fat as gently caress and slow), most of the normal knock offers are weak to psychic or fairy (because oranguru gets paired with lele often), he's bulky as sin:

252+ Atk Life Orb Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 174-211 (88.3 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

my thoughts were to put golisopod and A Fast Dude up, try to First Imp and if he protects, turn two use a z move from the speedier partner, or, z-hypnosis and try to stop it that way

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

tyblazitar posted:

please, my friend, save your game immediately

Note Block posted:

exCUSE you :colbert:

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 29, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Note Block posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

O dang

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I got Machamp in the pager yesterday. Holy poo poo he rules. Ever since I saw him in that little scene where they show off a few of the Ride Pokemon I was wondering how he worked. The answer was amazingly. He's staying on the quick select.

Managed to snag a Gabite in a sandstorm as well. I think it might be an idea to sort out a couple of pokemon specifically for SOS Chains. I guess it'd just be False Swipe and Spore and something really high level and I've realised I am just describing my pal Parasect from AS and I could just wait until January and transfer it over.

Also i finally got my dragon tree

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

paging countblanc:

what are your thoughts on dealing with oranguru turn one

most people are running mental herb so taunt's out (turn one trick room turn two he outspeeds most things because hes fat as gently caress and slow), most of the normal knock offers are weak to psychic or fairy (because oranguru gets paired with lele often), he's bulky as sin:

252+ Atk Life Orb Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 174-211 (88.3 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

my thoughts were to put golisopod and A Fast Dude up, try to First Imp and if he protects, turn two use a z move from the speedier partner, or, z-hypnosis and try to stop it that way

Does First Impression get past the anti-priority of Psychic Terrain?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nah, IVs are pretty bad on account on not having a 6IV different language Ditto. Maxed in Attack at least, but the plan was always to use bottle caps.

EDIT: And yes, thanks again to Scholtz, who set out to do something any sane person would have deemed impossible and succeeded. A true inspiration to all Beast Ball masochists!

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 29, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

no it does not, completely forgot about that

i guess statusing is the best way

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Scholtz posted:

please, my friend, save your game immediately

:eyepop:
I just looked at the wiki to figure out why, and that capture rate.

Apparently I was really lucky with this, as well. I should consider folding it into my party to commemorate the dozen assorted poke balls I wasted on this thing's paralyzed rear end.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

deadly_pudding posted:

:eyepop:
I just looked at the wiki to figure out why, and that capture rate.

Apparently I was really lucky with this, as well. I should consider folding it into my party to commemorate the dozen assorted poke balls I wasted on this thing's paralyzed rear end.

He's breeding these, not catching them. Capture rate doesn't matter.

That said, there's still the inherent madness of a certain craziness catching Beldum in a Beast Ball in the first place.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

El Burbo posted:

I love that Beast Balls have added another hilarious layer of RNG tedium for spergs to enjoy this gen. Whatever gives the game longevity.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Deified Data posted:

I love that Beast Balls have added another hilarious layer of RNG tedium for spergs to enjoy this gen. Whatever gives the game longevity.

Pokémon: unironically more grindy than Korean MMOs.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

deadly_pudding posted:

You're good people.

I've finally come to accept that it's okay to use the same name multiple times, since pokémon you wondertrade are never gonna meet. I've put a lot of kittens named "Rascal" and Swinubs named some version of "Snuffles," "Muffles," "Scuffles," "Truffles" or the like out there.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My sperginess actually goes the other way and I don't think you should be holding anything in Beast Balls but UBs, because my immershun.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Nah, IVs are pretty bad on account on not having a 6IV different language Ditto. Maxed in Attack at least, but the plan was always to use bottle caps.

EDIT: And yes, thanks again to Scholtz, who set out to do something any sane person would have deemed impossible and succeeded. A true inspiration to all Beast Ball masochists!
I didn't think about how Beldum couldn't breed with Beldum. I'm dum.

(also I didn't think about how the Masuda method wouldn't work with two inbreeding Beldums. I'm really dums.)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For the Pokemon nursery lady claiming Pikipek and Decidueye don't like each other very much they sure gently caress non stop. Every time I go in the little area to run Taurus around I gotta step right back out to get another egg.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I didn't even realize that Beldum was shiny until just now. Stupid gray-blue steel types :mad:

Mine's definitely not shiny, haha. I don't think I've ever caught a wild Shiny besides the red gyrados in Gold/Silver, which doesn't count.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

re: fat loving psychic monkey

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 182-218 (92.3 - 110.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

that's, uh

that's stellar actually. and guess whatttt

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor in Psychic Terrain: 76-90 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO

so bug bite is apparently tutored, rip this idea

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

My sperginess actually goes the other way and I don't think you should be holding anything in Beast Balls but UBs, because my immershun.

Perhaps the person insane enough to catch stuff in Beast Balls is the real "Ultra Beast" here :350:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Supremezero posted:

That said, there's still the inherent madness of a certain craziness catching Beldum in a Beast Ball in the first place.

:tipshat:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

it's okay

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

re: fat loving psychic monkey

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 182-218 (92.3 - 110.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

that's, uh

that's stellar actually. and guess whatttt

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor in Psychic Terrain: 76-90 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- 2.7% chance to 2HKO

so bug bite is apparently tutored, rip this idea

In the sub 1500 "tier" of the VGC Battle Spot I haven't seen the monkey and Lele teamed up as a lead yet--is the best bet for that to switch in a different tapu first, then taunt oranguru? The poor taunter would have to eat poo poo probably but hey

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

In the sub 1500 "tier" of the VGC Battle Spot I haven't seen the monkey and Lele teamed up as a lead yet--is the best bet for that to switch in a different tapu first, then taunt oranguru? The poor taunter would have to eat poo poo probably but hey

the issue with taunt on oranguru is usually they're running mental herb, which cancels taunt. you'd have to taunt twice essentially

another thing would be to just kill lele, but:

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 187-221 (105.6 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

it relies on bullet punch which doesn't work in p terrain, and if you try to steel claw or w/e instead lele outspeeds you...you will kill her and she can't kill you but trick room still goes off, oranguru still has instruct, and whatever comes out after lele is just as annoying with double turns

e: maybe swapping a tapu in, bullet punching, and just relying on priority is the way to go to counter trick room

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 29, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

the issue with taunt on oranguru is usually they're running mental herb, which cancels taunt. you'd have to taunt twice essentially

ffffffucking hell

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh drat! Does the goon who worked on the translation/localization on the early games still post?

it wasn't a jokey reference by the translators. the original japanese gen 1 has a stand by me reference in it because the movie was super popular there at the time and they more or less just translated it literally

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Deino in a Beast Ball Get!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

Deino in a Beast Ball Get!

Wanna trade?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
In my Nuzlocke run so far I have beaten the second Kahuna and suffered three casualties.

The first was FunGoose, my Yungoose because the captain battle on the first completely blindsided me since I had nothing that could deal with Water Gun on Smeargle. This battle is what convinced me to relax my "No items in battle" rule to "No items unless they use one."

The second was Krisby, my Formantis that died to a revenge machop that oneshot it out of nowhere.

Finally was Sleepy, my event Snorlax who died to a Milktank. I'm super salty about this because the enemy Milktank used bide, I brick broke it to half HP, brick broke it again and left it on a single digit. Goddamnit you stupid Snorlax, if you'd just hit a little harder I wouldn't have had to sacrifice you you gigantic moron.

Since then I've been going pretty strong. My team is named after some discord friends so they get updates on if they evolve or die or do something interesting.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Yikes am I getting tired of Gyrados outspeeding every loving thing on the goddamned board

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
2/3 of the way through the Aloladex. God save me from this horrible existence :negative:

On the bright side I found a shiny Caterpie :toot:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tyblazitar posted:

Wanna trade?

yeah sure just let me breed him a few times.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yikes am I getting tired of Gyrados outspeeding every loving thing on the goddamned board

u know what doesn't lose to gyarados

swift swim poliwrath with rock slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Deified Data posted:

Listen, I still have 40 of those drat things and I can't sell them for the millions Wicke says they're worth, and if I can't buy clothes with them I might as well catch Mewtwo in it.