Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Can anyone here recommend me a few books:

a.) an account of the castro regime's significance to black liberation movements throughout the world

b.) a more general book or two (two might be best really) about the Cuban revolution and castro's subsequent regime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Gorgonzola, grape, and balsamic vinegar tastes exactly like bile.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Did someone on TV burn a flag or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

Did someone on TV burn a flag or something
"Trump did not say what inspired his proposal, but it comes just days after a college in western Massachusetts reportedly decided to stop flying all flags, including U.S. flags, after someone there burned one in protest of Trump’s election victory over Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

Hundreds of veterans and others gathered Sunday to protest the decision by Hampshire College in Amherst, Mass., to remove the flag."

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
the only good flag is the ussr flag

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

one of my cats really likes to sit right next to my computer mouse making it hard to use!!!!!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

one of my cats really likes to sit right next to my computer mouse making it hard to use!!!!!

one of my cats will hop up on my desk and stand there, blocking my view of my computer screen

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
If we close down Hampshire, where will our country's progressive hobbits learn art history?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Chelb posted:

one of my cats will hop up on my desk and stand there, blocking my view of my computer screen

he does that too and thats when i move him

luckily hes a very small cat so its not awkward to pick him up with one hand :3:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

Get rid of your cats and get a dog

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
One of our cats sits behind my laptop and curls his tail around in front of the screen because he wants to be petted constantly. He also pushes stuff off tables and mantles if it's time to feed him.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 29, 2016

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

no

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

he does that too and thats when i move him

luckily hes a very small cat so its not awkward to pick him up with one hand :3:

:kimchi:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I like our two cats (my wife got them before we met) but am not going to be devastated when they're gone. They are getting old, have semi-expensive health problems, have had bouts of throwing up and peeing outside litter their litter box, etc. Going to try to string together some pet-less years before we have a weak moment and we/our kids get a puppy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this game was 6 days ago. only two of the guys in green are alive right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZh4jQHwpiI

eerie. :(

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

plane crashes are scary and sad

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not that a lot of people live through plane crashes, but I wonder what percentage of those ever fly again. I have zero anxiety flying but I bet if I lived through anything worse than Flight 1549 (the Sully one that landed safely in the Hudson) I would never fly again.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

Not that a lot of people live through plane crashes, but I wonder what percentage of those ever fly again. I have zero anxiety flying but I bet if I lived through anything worse than Flight 1549 (the Sully one that landed safely in the Hudson) I would never fly again.

you could just watch the documentary on that rugby team from uruguay for the same effect.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

pangstrom posted:

Actually most plane crashes have no fatalities.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the hosed up thing about that uruguay team crash is that of all the built planes of the model they were flying in, 1/3 ended up crashing. the things were complete death traps. and that had nothing whatsoever to do with why they crashed.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

rear end struggle posted:

Actually most plane crashes have no fatalities.
I'm sure we could have a great and informative time parsing accidents versus crashes but I'll pass.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

pangstrom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyw9zYJDDEA

good movie

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

just think a misdemeanor worth of punishment and loss of citizenship seems to be the same thing to trump

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ChapecoenseReal/status/803587792588722176

"That's the last image of our warriors."

:smith:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Get rid of your cats and get a dog

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i got all booj smug until i saw dc.

how much millenials make in each state

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

neither one of my cats will let me hold htem like a freaking baby :mad:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Swan Oat posted:

neither one of my cats will let me hold htem like a freaking baby :mad:

ive got one that will tolerate it for like a few minutes before contortioning herself out of my hands

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

fun fact: cats do not have collarbones

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the most annoying part is that this tiny stupid creature loves to lie on the ground on his back, legs up in the air like a filthy idiot, but the minute i try to hold him in a similar fahsion he turns into an itchy worm

cats are the worst pet, except for all the others

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Volkerball posted:

i got all booj smug until i saw dc.

how much millenials make in each state
why aren't millennials buying houses???

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Chelb posted:

fun fact: cats do not have collarbones

Collar me surprised.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Swan Oat posted:

cats are the worst pet

this was good enough

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The Dutch are banning the veil in some public places, alert europol

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

what, so they can post about how it is a good thing because it will "encourage" "cultural integration"

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

this was good enough

but birds exist???

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I always assumed your household was entirely female

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/803597487328165888

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Guys I heard an electro swing song and I liked it.

It's... it's too late for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
flag burning ought to be compulsory

• Locked thread