Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, it was a guy with a hammer who goes into a diner, I was close!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dangit, I was close, too!

I do like the one guy eating eggs desperately trying to ignore Ronan.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just hammering that comicskingdom page for today's strip. I can't wait for Ego the Living Planet.

Or most likely them going down the street and noting that there's a crater now.

holy poo poo

Just to get it straight, comics Ronan is more of an anti-hero as opposed to crazy movie Ronan, right?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
:getin:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Holy poo poo I wasn't expecting this. This is even better than I could have imagined.

Newspaper Ronan has never been a thing before right?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Everything about this is Good and wonderful :syoon:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Just to get it straight, comics Ronan is more of an anti-hero as opposed to crazy movie Ronan, right?

Yeah, but I'm not sure how that compares to how Ronan was written when he was first created by Stan Lee in 1967 :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This.....this is more of a threat than NSM can handle.

He is gonna get his dumbass killed:ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont worry he punched out Firelord once.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

This.....this is more of a threat than NSM can handle.

He is gonna get his dumbass killed:ohdear:

He'll get bricked and knockout himself out. Ronan will be embarassed by his pitiful opponent. This distraction enables Rocket to fire a rocket at Ronan. In some nutty way, Spider-Man wins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guys I'm starting to worry the Parkers won't get to California on time! :ohdear:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I wanna see Peter and MJ poke around, find nothing conclusive, and go back to their ultimately very boring road trip while Ronan and Friends have an awesome adventure Spidey just barely missed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

FredMSloniker posted:

I wanna see Peter and MJ poke around, find nothing conclusive, and go back to their ultimately very boring road trip while Ronan and Friends have an awesome adventure Spidey just barely missed.

Oh your god, yes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

It really depends. He's moved from traitorous evil bastard to standard evil henchman to "I must protect my people and honor my vows" back and forth so many times it's kind of dizzying.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I have no idea who this is (other than that his name is apparently Ronan). Anyone want to give a quick rundown of who that is and what he does?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I have no idea who this is (other than that his name is apparently Ronan). Anyone want to give a quick rundown of who that is and what he does?

Ronan the Accuser, main villain of the film Guardians of the Galaxy who likes to blow people up for not being one of his species. In the comics he's basically an alien version of Judge Dredd.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
All I want out of this story is a bit where the car gets stolen and Peter realises he's stranded because there aren't any buildings to swing off of. Preferably with a variation of the subway sad face.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Until I am proven otherwise, I am assuming his quest is to find the tastiest cheeseburger on Earth.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Endless Mike posted:

Until I am proven otherwise, I am assuming his quest is to find the tastiest cheeseburger on Earth.

Sounds like a problem that NSM can handle!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tiggum posted:

Ronan's hammer is a "Universal Weapon" that is capable of manipulating cosmic energy to produce all kinds of effects such as energy blasts, force fields and changing the gravity in a given area.

Also, it functions as a hammer.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm just hammering that comicskingdom page for today's strip. I can't wait for Ego the Living Planet.

Or most likely them going down the street and noting that there's a crater now.

holy poo poo

I love the guy to the far right who isn't even phased by the Doctor Doom looking motherfucker with the giant hammer.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next time in nsm: rocket is a normal raccoon and groot is just a tree

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ManlyGrunting posted:

I love the guy to the far right who isn't even phased by the Doctor Doom looking motherfucker with the giant hammer.

In the Newspaper Marvel Universe, aliens entering diners in New Mexico is a normal occurrence. The old couple in the middle are probably from Nebraska or something, so it's uncommon.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ronan is there to search for bus fare. Peter will offer him a ride, but Ronan will call shotgun.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

next time in nsm: rocket is a normal raccoon and groot is just a tree

I'm still betting on a 50/50 chance for hyper eloquent Groot as Lee wrote him rather than Pokemon Groot.

Also CALLED IT!

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 29, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Even without his armor and Universal Weapon, Ronan is waaaay above NSM's paygrade.

With them, Ronan can mop the floor, wax, and shine it with Peter.

MJ will probably wind up saving Peter somehow, probably by throwing an egg cream into Ronan's face- the one Earth substance that reduces Kree warriors physical strength down to Stephen Hawking levels.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Dont worry he punched out Firelord once.

Still one of my favourite spider man moments.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a clown was too much for newspaper spiderman to handle. ronan is so far above him that it might as well be eternity.

i always assumed the firelord thing happened during his brief stint as captain universe.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mods please change my name to WROK FRAK BKAK.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

WROK LESBIAN doesn't have the same ring to it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Who let a chicken do all the sound effects?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

WROK LESBIAN doesn't have the same ring to it.

What about BWROCK FRAK LESBKAK?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lol i looked at this more closely and i think that is starfox with the avengers. starfox made the cut but spidey didn't get an invite.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

a clown was too much for newspaper spiderman to handle. ronan is so far above him that it might as well be eternity.

i always assumed the firelord thing happened during his brief stint as captain universe.

newspaper ronan is an idiot too (he's storming a diner, c'mon) so it'll probably be a fair fight

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

lol i looked at this more closely and i think that is starfox with the avengers. starfox made the cut but spidey didn't get an invite.

Dude might be a creepy date rapist, but it can't hurt to keep Thanos' brother around.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Until Bendis took over, Spider-Man had made a big point of never ever wanting to join the Avengers because he "wasn't a team player".

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"...MY QUEST TO FIND THAT WEIRD SHOOTING STAR I SAW WHILE DRIVING ON MY ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA TO DO PUBLICITY FOR MY MOVIE."

And that's how we learn Newspaper MJ is her universe's Karen Gillan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Ronan accuses this Rooty Tooty Fresh And Fruity to be... DELICIOUS!

• Locked thread