Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
oh no

not punch and jewlee

whatever shall we do without them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Honestly in the two issues they were in I liked them. Like a not poo poo Joker and Harley who actually love each other.

I'm pretty sure they're still alive though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
King was just keeping Punch and Jewlee the same from the Ostrander Suicide Squad run, and I got the feeling that them being on Batman's team was a callback to that.

They were a very loving couple known to have sex at inopportune moments in the Suicide Squad as well.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

greatn posted:

Honestly in the two issues they were in I liked them. Like a not poo poo Joker and Harley who actually love each other.

I'm pretty sure they're still alive though.

It is what I'm hoping. They are enjoyable C-List characters and fun when they pop up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Just caught up on detective, Superman, Teen Titans, and hal Jordan and the green lantern corps. Man all of these books are so good. It is hard to say if green lantern corps or Superman is better. starro, brainiac 2.0, Kyle, and rot lop fan all appeared in Green Lantern corps.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm excited about the Snyder School of Comics 2016 graduation book tonight (New Talent Showcase). It'll be awful, or we'll have a bunch 'o new folks to follow :)

Also neato sounding Annuals. Booya.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Spoiler about the Superman Annual.

It's loving amazing go read it.

Batman Annual, not so much, the King Story and Snyder story are good, the Dini story.... happened it's not 'bad' but it's a bit weird and it just gets progressively worse.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Will I automatically get those annuals on my Comixology pull if I am subscribed to those series or do I need to go buy it separately?

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Onmi posted:

Spoiler about the Superman Annual.

It's loving amazing go read it.

Batman Annual, not so much, the King Story and Snyder story are good, the Dini story.... happened it's not 'bad' but it's a bit weird and it just gets progressively worse.

I liked the Orlando story as well. 3 out of 5 aint bad. Superman was tops.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Will I automatically get those annuals on my Comixology pull if I am subscribed to those series or do I need to go buy it separately?

Automatically

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, just checked. Really light week. Seems to be just those two and power rangers.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I actually liked Dini's part in the Batman Annual the best. Really impressed by Neil Adams' art. Especially since it says he inked and coloured it himself. I can barely believe the colouring part is true.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I actually liked Dini's part in the Batman Annual the best. Really impressed by Neil Adams' art. Especially since it says he inked and coloured it himself. I can barely believe the colouring part is true.

Too bad Neal Adams did not write it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Too bad Neal Adams did not write it.

Speaking of, how was Adam's Superman book? Was it as gonzo as Batman: Odyssey?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

Speaking of, how was Adam's Superman book? Was it as gonzo as Batman: Odyssey?

Its completely batshit insane

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This background Adam West style detective work was good too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New Talent Showcase worth checking out?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

The only story I didn't really care for was "Digging up Demons" and the Catwoman one. There's nothing really groundbreaking, but it's pretty good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Yeah, just checked. Really light week. Seems to be just those two and power rangers.

Whenever a month has five wednesdays (like today) it is known as a "Fifth Week" and usually there are only minimal releases on those weeks.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 1, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

New Talent Showcase worth checking out?

Meh, nothing really grabbed my attention but it wasn't terrible

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The art in the Superman Annual was rad but I thought the story was a little weak. I always like seeing Swamp Thing interacting with other heroes though :unsmith:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Swamp thing. You make my heart sing. You make everything more green.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

greatn posted:

Swamp thing. You make my heart sing. You make everything more green.

Not quite.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman with Frankenstein, drawn by Doug Mahnke starts this coming week :toot:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is Frankenstein the writer, or do you mean he's with the character?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

greatn posted:

Is Frankenstein the writer, or do you mean he's with the character?

Read this and get excited.
https://www.comixology.com/Seven-Soldiers-Frankenstein/comics-series/8120?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ohhh, that one. And seems to be based off the talking version from the books. Neato.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DC's Frankenstein fuckin rules!

!!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

DC's Frankenstein is empirically the best Frankenstein and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol at the comixology promo images

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no that's exactly what that book is about

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

lol at the comixology promo images

That seems like a pretty accurate promo image for WW:EO

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean...that's literally the cover to the book too? So v:v:v

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Frank Miller reportedly doing a new WWII era hero comic.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/05/frank-miller-may-comic-world-war-2-era-heroes-dc/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What are the chances Miller has gone alt-right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

What are the chances Miller has gone alt-right?

He's not alt-right, he's just traditional right.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Mark Millar is alt right

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm 10 issues into Planetary, and this is pretty fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I'm 10 issues into Planetary, and this is pretty fantastic.

It starts out so strong but ends on a wet fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It starts out so strong but ends on a wet fart.

Really? I thought the ending was one of the stronger bits. It made perfect sense thematically and storyline-wise.

I read through Planetary mostly after it was done so maybe that colors my opinion but I liked the ending a lot.