Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Not done with my oath yet, but since I am doing the in progress pics achievement this month I figured I should show some of my progress on the bust I have been working on.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
This was hard enough so I doubt I'll work up the will to paint anything else this month.
So oath complete!

A golem stands by the road, not far from town, waiting for a master that may never return.
It turns it's head and stares at any traveler that pass by, as if measuring them by some unknown standard, then returns to it's resting position and ignores the world.
It's an ancient thing that has been there for as long as anyone can remember, no one dares approach it, save for the few foolhardy thieves that wish to steal its emerald eyes.
Their mangled corpses are carried away the next morning, as the golem looks at the frightened townsfolk with curiosity. Then, for a while, people take another road, and the golem just stands there.

I did the technical challenge with the leaves on the base, and went for backstory with that little stupid story.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Arg dammit I think I might have to skip this month.

I have a reasonably easy project planned but it's not even primed yet and I don't wanna gently caress it up :(

On another note, how many small base X Wing ships would I need to satisfy #squadgoals?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Prepare for some eye-searing!

Autumnal Treeman. Jurnal for the orange and red leaves.

Glowy Boars

Glowy Big Boars

Glowy Wyvern

Glowy Swole Wyvern

Glowy Group Shot

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

WIP pic. Basecoating is completed for both colors (you can see some of the masking failure there, stupid tamiya tape has too gentle an adhesive).

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
oath complete! I am claiming theme challenge for the Owl Bear fall scene, WIP photos as well as backstory for the below.

Training day: Every fall when the spring brood is finally ambulatory the mother owl bear takes her young into the woods. Their quarry is not other beasts, as you may expect, but rather the pumpkins that grow underneath the branches of fall trees. We do not know if it is their shape, flavor or perhaps their orange color that attacks them, but the mother owl bear takes great care to locate and show her young this cold weather fruit. Upon its discovery, she promptly grips the pumpkin between her paws, and along with the aid of her beak, shows the cubs how to crush and explode the orange gourds with great alacrity. One can only speculate she is training the small owlings how to burst the heads of adventurers, as the technique is one many a inexperienced treasure seeker has seen demonstrated on their friends by the seasoned owl bears of the wild.

nesbit37 posted:

Not done with my oath yet, but since I am doing the in progress pics achievement this month I figured I should show some of my progress on the bust I have been working on.

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 25, 2016

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
:siren:I'm posting this on behalf of Flipswitch:siren: who is too busy or something.

One San Francisco troopship and two New Orleans strike carriers for Dropfleet Commander, which i hope matches his oath.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I ran out of time and I'm stuck in Yorkshire for two weeks. Thanks buddy.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Flipswitch posted:

I ran out of time and I'm stuck in Yorkshire for two weeks. Thanks buddy.

A fate worse than death if ever there was one.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've been here three hours and I hate it. This barracks is awful.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

:siren:I'm posting this on behalf of Flipswitch:siren: who is too busy or something.

One San Francisco troopship and two New Orleans strike carriers for Dropfleet Commander, which i hope matches his oath.

Any chance you could get some names on those pics so they count?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Okay, here's with some lovingly edited text:

If that doesn't cut it you might as well give him a shaming avatar now :v:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I'm probably going to let parts of my Oath (Anything but the Assault Kommandos and Strekhov which are done/ Nearly done) lapse, because I enlisted in an accelerated cursus, and spend most of my time studying. I kind of don't want to have to rush the other minis.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I Oath 5 Fury of Dracula figures for November

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bistromatic posted:

Okay, here's with some lovingly edited text:

If that doesn't cut it you might as well give him a shaming avatar now :v:

All good!

The Impaler posted:

I Oath 5 Fury of Dracula figures for November

Approved

---

:siren: A little less than 4 days left to get your Oaths and completion posts in folks! :siren:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: A little less than 4 days left to get your Oaths and completion posts in folks! :siren:
Time to get started! :haw:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Time to get started! :haw:

Good lad.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

Nothing fancy, no extra achievements this month.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these 2 models for November Ossyan and Elara1, 30mm from Privateer Press.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, Chance II, oath 1 Helsvakt cavalry model in 28mm from Red-Box Games for November

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Heh. I just started today. But I can't post my Oath pic for some reason. I think my Picasa box is having issues.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, oath 1 Helsvakt cavalry model in 28mm from Red-Box Games for November

Approved!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, oath one Aetherium Picketer (32mm scale, Anvil 8 Games) for the month of November.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, am dumb enough to oath these two 25mm Infinity Nomad Intruders with two days left in the month of November

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Claiming the jurnal/challenge whatever for the skull I free handed on his shoulder.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I declare this November oat done or whatever

The technical challenge is the skull with bonus runes on the horse. Idk screw this month.

Chance II fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 29, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Chance II posted:

I declare this November oat done or whatever

The technical challenge is the skull with bonus runes on the horse. Idk screw this month.

I made the image downloader I wrote for Zark ignore all gifs, to skip smilies, since no-one uses that format. Now I'll have to fix that :toot:
I'm a lazy programmer, but I really shouldn't be when it comes to goons. You guys keep defying my expectations.
It's an easy fix so no problem.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

May be better to add the individual shots as jpgs anyway, I seem to recall imgur has issue with animated gifs.

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, oath one Aetherium Picketer (32mm scale, Anvil 8 Games) for the month of November.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, am dumb enough to oath these two 25mm Infinity Nomad Intruders with two days left in the month of November

Approved!

:siren: 2.5 days remaining! :siren:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming Theme challenge: paint a skull

The skull looks a little less mutated in person. I really have to get a better camera.

I ended up completing my oath within 24 hours and 11 minutes on a work day. Any chance I can get a mulligan for Speed Painting?

Bonus non-oath shot to compare the color of the Intruders to my regular Nomads, both painted up from black.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Addition!

Because I hate myself apparently :)

Oh, edit: Reaper Bones

TheFinalTuba fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 29, 2016

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Addition!

Approved!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
For the sake of posting something, here's what I could manage.

With an attempt at freehanding a skull on the shield here:

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Addition!

Posting this here for speed painting, will post again and with better pictures when I do my official Oath Complete post.

Speed Painting

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the few remaining hours of November, a Wyrd Games Malifaux Johan

and again to show the actual model:

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, for the month of November, oath to paint this Wood Elf Waywatcher (Games Workshop)

Oath complete!

Just need to finish off the base and then it goes in the varnishing queue.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath Complete!

Claiming Theme challenge: paint a skull

I do want to say that Reaper paints Nightmare Black is amazing and does a great job of doing blue/black hair, feathers, and fur.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the few remaining hours of November, a Wyrd Games Malifaux Johan

and again to show the actual model:

Approved!

:siren: 20 Hours Remaining! :siren:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath 8 more dwarf warriors by MOM Miniatures (28mm)

Strictly speaking it's the 8 warriors and 8 of the shields. Apologies for the delay posting the oath post - took the picture on Friday.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition
12 Dwarf Ironclads, from Mantic, plus Iron Man, by Knight Miniatues (~35mm?)

No Jurnal this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

Not too pleased with these knights. I love the models but I'll paint the rest of them (80 or so) in a completely different scheme.

This one on the other hand I'm quite pleased. The sculpt itself is far from perfect, but I think I made it look good.

This is my Theme Challenge since his banner has a proppa orky skull on it.

This guy is probably the first model I've ever converted, about ten years ago. It's been primed and waiting to be repainted for ages, I wanted to see if I could save it.

These guys I'm very pleased with the results. I'm not too fond of their regular tree ghost color scheme, but I painted them similarly to my ghouls and they look a lot better as undead monstrosities stuck in trees.

• Locked thread