Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I'm pretty sure that as of 2E you can at least float around with Forces 2 by shielding against or ruling the force of gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wouldn't this have to come from a caster with Forces? It's narratively important that she make it herself, although I guess I could budge on that in a pinch.

Maybe it's an Artifact that she brought back with her from Arcadia when she Awakened? It has a link to her, even if she didn't specifically craft it herself. "Oh wow, an Arcadian Artifact based on the inferior Arcanum, sounds like a Mystery."

She might have summoned a supernal being of Fate+Forces and bargained for the Artifact and/or built it under the entity's supervision and was rewarded by giving it Forces powers. That's quite possible as long as she has Fate 3.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kellsterik posted:

Maybe it's an Artifact that she brought back with her from Arcadia when she Awakened? It has a link to her, even if she didn't specifically craft it herself. "Oh wow, an Arcadian Artifact based on the inferior Arcanum, sounds like a Mystery."

She might have summoned a supernal being of Fate+Forces and bargained for the Artifact and/or built it under the entity's supervision and was rewarded by giving it Forces powers. That's quite possible as long as she has Fate 3.

Thanks!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

MadRhetoric posted:

Didn't Weaver Ascendant end with some weird combo of EoE and FLCL's "smoothing it the wrinkles so you can't think" thing?

Basically where Weaver Ascendant ends is where the movie Equilibrium begins. The weaver's replacement is smart enough to realize that a completely calcified gauntlet will kill both the umbra and the physical world. But that just means she settles for a solid 9.9 rather than 10.

There's no more human suffering or war, but there's no real creative expression, and definitely no Fera.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

You could also go the Mastigos route and use Space to tell the broom which way gravity falls.

But then I have a soft spot for that Path.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
These are provisional and will likely significantly change as I establish time divisions, but for the time being and using mid-2004 population figures. As it stands, our bare minimum global ratio is around 1:2,810,000, which is arrived at by checking the known unique fae against the world population, as are all these figures for relevant location populations.
In America, there is a bare minimum of 1 Changeling to every 590,000 normal people.
In the UK, it grows to 1:390,000.
In Canada, it grows to 1:350,000.
Great Britain as a whole moves lower, to 1:430,000 - and England alone is 1:420,000.
Wales, however, is 1:89,000.
Scotland is even higher, at 1:70,000.
Ireland of course rises to a high of 1:52,000.

When we look at individual cities though, ratios hugely vary from bare minimum national averages.
Philadelphia is at 1:252,000 people.
Toronto is at 1:54,000.
Hawaii rises higher to 1:38,500.
San Francisco is higher still (noticing a pattern? If an Immortal Eyes novel or corebook was there, you get far better representation) at 1:16,500.
But strangely, the highest ratio is not San Francisco, the glamour-vortex and attention hog. So far, it's Richmond California. Just outside of San Francisco itself, it outstrips that city in proportion by far. There is 1 changeling for every 3,350 normal people in that city.

EDIT:
Unrelated, but I've got the OPP forums helping round up every interpretation of the Litany, its equivalents, and the Garou prophecies. I'm going to submit it as an in-universe document to OPP when it's done and annotated with commentary and original content, but also put the unedited and unaltered index up for general use.

I figured out what to name its author. Diogenes of Downunder, Bone Gnawer Metis Philodox. May as well go full-on classical references, and what better namesake for an angry werewolf lawyer whose very existence spits on the law than the beast-man of Sinope?

Loomer fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 24, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Holy poo poo an RPG book remembered there's more to the Bay Area than San Francisco! :wth:

Where'd all the Richmond Changelings come from? Is Berkeley mentioned at all?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Berkely gets mentioned a few times and I'll eventually round it all up into geographic regions properly, but at present it's only listed as Town (sometimes with state)/Locality and Nation. Berkely's got 3 - an Eiluned professor of something or other, a Sidhe who fought there in the War, and Dandeloon, whose kith was never expressly given but who is most likely a Sidhe.

Richmond is all down to the crew of a particularly rough and tumble Independent Boggan, Ragger, who has a crew of street urchins and a few older fae who protect them or exploit them as thieves and messengers. They're extremely violent if you cross them and do a lot of theft and crime generally in the city, but it's great to imagine Richmond turning into a terrifying no-go area for the Bay's Sidhe for fear of being murdered by a horde of screaming urchins.

I did just run through the Bay Area options briefly, and its ratio winds up coming to 1:68,000 using the 2000 Census figures, largely because we have very few details on anywhere there but Richmond, SF, and Oakland. Still, it's probably one of the better figures to use as a broad basis, and it'd give the neat result if we extrapolated it of 4300 changelings in America (with the 2004 census figure), which still seems a bit lower than it should be.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Huh, I figured Changeling would do more with a center of protest and the counter-culture than that.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
It mostly dwelled on San Francisco, though the books there were done really early in the project so my notes might also be suspect. I'm having to recheck the first four years of the oWoD anyway for a few ambiguous entries and for timeline events (thankfully, I can largely skim for that) so I'll keep an eye open when I do Toybox and Immortal Eyes: Toybox.

Incidentally, has anyone ever tried to bridge DA:Fae with CtD? My inclination is to blanket declare all events prior to the Shattering to be false memories of the reincarnating Firstborn and Changelings, induced by the impossibility of trying to force an ancient and unknowable consciousness into a mortal body - the same thing happens for Demons etc so it seems an appropriate out for wildly incompatible history, and DA:Fae does say that all the Tuatha and Seelie/Unseelie gibberish came from bullshit the Firstborn spun to manipulate the prodigals and the mortals. As for why the Inanimae go along with it, the Firstborn were colossal dicks to them so the ones old enough to remember are probably a-okay with the Changelings and Firstborn (which in this case is every kith to one degree or another, but especially the sidhe) writing themselves in as second class citizens to a people who never actually existed as distinct from them in the first place.

The oldest Glomes are probably laughing their stone balls off thinking of it. And that's why we have earthquakes. It all makes perfect sense.

I suppose an alternative model is for the Shattering to actually stretch both forward and backwards in time, retroactively breaking the Fae into the Changeling mold so that both histories are valid but the one ripples over and replaces the other. Or perhaps the fae of CtD ultimately being the awakened Sprites of the old Firstborn, instituting half-remembered facets of their society in flawed ways, limited by their original purpose into the rigid kith system.

Loomer fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 24, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

What's DA:Fae?

e: oh okay, it's the Dark Ages setting book

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Loomer posted:

But strangely, the highest ratio is not San Francisco, the glamour-vortex and attention hog. So far, it's Richmond California. Just outside of San Francisco itself, it outstrips that city in proportion by far. There is 1 changeling for every 3,350 normal people in that city.
Changelings can't afford to live in SF, got it.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Zereth posted:

Changelings can't afford to live in SF, got it.

Having a job and paying rent is just so banal.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

hangedman1984 posted:

Having a job and paying rent is just so banal.

:agreed:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Capitalism is the most banal of all systems. Only full communism now can free the changelings from Banality.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well, communism with that one sidhe king in charge because he's just the best.

Did we mention he's the best?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Depending on what end date for the Impergium you use, there's a neat narrative in Changeling's prehistory. Around 5000BC, mankind discovers that silver and gold can harm the changing breeds. The Fae hold that House Fiona gave man the secret, with the aid of House Dougal, because of the cruelty of the Garou. One of the later end-dates for the Impergium, and the one with the most applicability to Changeling for its setting (the British Isles) is 4000BC. That's long enough for the knowledge to spread across the globe, and so the end result becomes a ceasless uprising sweeping across the world of humans armed with silver knives and spears butchering the butchers, inspired to strike both by the sight of dead oppressors and by the notorious ability of the Sidhe to stir a people's heart to passion. A thousand years of escalating retaliation forcing the Garou to finally come to sense and fade into the shadows.

It might make an interesting game, with the caveat that you'd have to play as a Firstborn or vampire to see most of it and each session would have big timeskips in the middle. Leading the first fearful strike back to fruition in the first game, culminating in actual raids on septs and caerns in the last. Hundreds, thousands, millions of men might die in the doing, but if it drives the Garou and the Fera back into the darkness for those same terrified and starving men it would be worth the cost. It's even a proper heroic game, because the first to die would be the Apis, who forced men and women into loveless marriages and approved the culling of the weak, ruling openly like gods over cowed herds of human cattle - which in turn reinforces the much older Fiona narrative. Though it dealt with the Impergium proper, it might just as easily be adapted to fury against the Apis, because Fiona - the founder of the house, a Shining One - was a creature literally born of love. What greater offence to her than to see lovers like those that spawned her forced apart with brutish force and families shattered for the will of a distant and cruel herdsman, however good their intent?

The bane that whispered in the ear of the first man to strike an Apis with gold was not a bane, but a Firstborn.

EDIT:
Actually, it might make a great one shot to play a group of the humans in the first daring attempt at retaliation. Everyone walks into that dark wood expecting to die, anointed and feasted the night before for their sacrifice. The only question becomes if they can take down a single garou before they themselves fall - or if through raw luck and divine favour one of them limps home holding the severed heads of more than one of the enemy. Or a story, which I now need to write.

Loomer fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 25, 2016

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I would totally play in that game, that sounds awesome.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Mulva posted:

Another thing the books don't touch on quite as much as they could is that Changelings aren't really natural. Like there was this massive, cataclysmic event that happened centuries ago and now they are an entirely new form of life....and yet they basically all just stick to variations of the same exact way of doing things. Maybe, maybe, they'll have democratic leaders instead of a commoner effectively acting like a noble. Otherwise, they still play at being normal fae beings when they so manifestly aren't. So they clearly found a way to reconcile mixing their fae nature with a human body, but after doing that they mostly just....stopped. Instead they just cry about Banality and wait for it to wipe them out, or look for some noble quest they can undertake to put back things the way they were......rather than, you know, wondering if there's another step they could take to just reconcile their fae self to the world as it is. They some pretty static and boring thinkers for people who claim to be creatures of dreams and creativity.

But no, lets focus on how much it sucks how we have to get jobs when we grow up and how being in your 20s is basically a death sentence.

Some thoughts on this while I was driving.

Maybe they reconcile themselves to different roles over the ages instead of that Peter Pan bullshit? There have always been different forms of escapism in human storytelling. The fae could need that energy to survive. What would a fae who tied themselves up in pulp novel or swashbuckling archetypes of the 1920s be like? In the 1980s, you could have had cyberpunk fae shooting lasers and riding robot dinosaurs. Maybe the crisis for them is that human culture is currently changing too fast for them to adapt anymore because of modern communication?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I remember doing a what-if with Jenna once that tied changelings into Mage as being people who just didn't, and couldn't, fit into the local paradigms at all and had to invent weird cargo-cult magic to get anything done. So, people who didn't have karma, who couldn't use technology, who God could neither sanctify nor drat, and who weren't a part of the Great Wheel.

It tied things way too close to Mage cosmology to work as a game line, but it's a fun notion.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Some thoughts on this while I was driving.

Maybe they reconcile themselves to different roles over the ages instead of that Peter Pan bullshit? There have always been different forms of escapism in human storytelling. The fae could need that energy to survive. What would a fae who tied themselves up in pulp novel or swashbuckling archetypes of the 1920s be like? In the 1980s, you could have had cyberpunk fae shooting lasers and riding robot dinosaurs. Maybe the crisis for them is that human culture is currently changing too fast for them to adapt anymore because of modern communication?

I admit, I played a Changeling that was basically this except he was a 1940s film noir detective. Had a variation on the echoes flaw (That made you susceptible to traditional fae bans like salt over the shoulder and clothes worn inside out and etc) except for him it was things like "If someone blackjacks him in the back of the head he immediately passes out, no chance to resist" and 'must always accept jobs from blatant femme fatales even if he knows better'

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Potentially useful tool for Demon games, http://www.delta-green.com/2016/11/graphically-improved-delta-green-conspyramid/
Find/replace Mythos with God-Machine for those like me who have trouble setting up Demon Plots.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

I admit, I played a Changeling that was basically this except he was a 1940s film noir detective. Had a variation on the echoes flaw (That made you susceptible to traditional fae bans like salt over the shoulder and clothes worn inside out and etc) except for him it was things like "If someone blackjacks him in the back of the head he immediately passes out, no chance to resist" and 'must always accept jobs from blatant femme fatales even if he knows better'

This sounds way more fun than that story about the Pooka making GBS threads in a pie. I think I'd want to play as Nancy Drew some kind of pluck ability that lets me escape any trap, but with crippling combat penalties.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

So one of my long-running campaigns ended yesterday.

It began as a Tier 0 campaign - they were clueless mortals, a group of private eyes with no idea about the Big Picture of their fictional city (think a mix of Seattle, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Chicago). Season 1 - starting in 1928 and ending in 1929 - was them figuring out that there is Weird poo poo going down in their town - it began with a simple case: one of the local ganglord's childer had been killed by someone, and before he set out to burn down the town with a gang war with the rival mob, he wanted to be sure that it was really the other guys.

They set out to investigate. The victim was a mid-level thug in the Maligoni mob, one of the two Mafia groups operating in the city - and he'd been found dead. Not just killed, but with his head cut off and two silver coins on his eyes. The silver coins bit was the signature of the Salieri mob - the other Mafia outfit in town. They and the Maligoni had a cold war going - but this guy wasn't just some mook. Investigating a bit deeper into the deceased's last night alive, they found that he'd visited two places - a known Salieri hangout, and a local political fixer who went by the name 'Eddie'.

The Salieri hangout turned out to have some useful info - the guy had gotten in deep debt to Eddie, and was sounding out the Salieri for a possible alliance against Eddie's influence with City Hall. Basically, the vic wanted to squeeze out Eddie altogether, and take control of City Hall and the local police directly. At this point, it's looking like Eddie had the guy bumped off - but then they went to toss the vic's hideout, the place he went when the heat was on, and found a note - apparently from Eddie himself - that was basically him agreeing to step back and let the Maligoni take over. If the note was genuine, then Eddie had no reason to kill this guy - and if it wasn't, then how did Eddie know about the forgery?

They decided to confront Eddie himself. They go in through the front door, claiming they've got some valuable info to sell him. During the meeting, they confront Eddie with the note - and he admits that it's genuine. When pressed, he says that he's been thinking of retiring anyways. While they're talking, a group of thugs break in. These thugs are notable for the fact that their eyes are completely jet-black - and Eddie appears shocked to see them. They attack everyone, but Eddie - despite being riddled with bullets, not bleeding at all - escapes and the PCs fight their way out. When killed, the thugs' bodies transform into dead serpents. Figuring that this isn't a healthy place to be, the PCs escape, and decide to tell Maligoni that it wasn't the Salieri or Eddie - but someone else that was looking to make a play to replace Eddie. They offer the note as proof that Eddie wasn't responsible, and point out that the Salieri wouldn't be just whacking one goomba and loving off - they'd be hitting Maligoni people and businesses all over the place.

End Season 1.

Season 2 begins. They're now a Tier 1 - they know there's badness out there, more than human, but that's about all they really know about it. It's been about six months, and is now late 1929. The Maligoni and Salieri have made a tentative alliance, in case whoever's gunning for Eddie aims for them next, and Eddie himself has retreated deep into the shadows - nobody sees him, but he still seems to be able to communicate with the people he needs to, and he's been amassing favors at a prodigious rate.

The case this time starts as an investigation into a theft. Someone's been hitting a bunch of warehouses owned by a shipping company that both mobs use to bring in liquor and other illicit items. There's been a lot of art and archeological stuff being shipped into the City at the behest of someone - but neither Maligoni nor Salieri thugs seem to be flashing more cash than usual. Salieri sends someone to hire the PCs to look into it - find out what's going on, who's responsible, and what they're going to do with their stolen goods. Because keeping an accurate inventory isn't really a priority, the PCs begin by talking to dockworkers and warehouse handlers to find out what was actually in the stolen crates. The dockworkers aren't much inclined to talk, and a bunch of them get worried about the PCs asking questions - so they ambush them as they're leaving empty-handed. After beating or driving off most of them, one of the ones still conscious but too badly hurt to run trades information for a lift to a local hospital. They were jumped because they weren't the first bunch to show up asking a lot of questions about the business of the warehouse - the first time happened shortly before the thefts. The dockworkers were worried that if it happened again, the Mafia would start blaming them for it.

The PCs agree to keep quiet about their source of info in exchange for future favors, and get a description of the duo asking questions before the thefts before dropping off the injured dockworker. They then hit the speakeasies, the pool parlors, and places of low repute to find out who these people are. Eventually, they get an address from a cab driver who didn't ask who the woman and her hulking companion were - he just dropped them off. They paid cash - a $20 bill, which for the time and place, was a lot of money for a cab. The PCs head over there - it's a cheap motel - to investigate, only to encounter the hulking man, waiting for them. It's a tough fight, but they manage to take him down - and then the woman steps out of the hotel stairwell, holding a shotgun on the PCs.

I should add that I use a slightly house-ruled version of firearms - the damage dice aren't added as dice, but as a multiplier for successes rolled. So this shotgun, which did 4L, would do 4L damage on 1 success, 8L on 2, 12L on 3, and so on. Short version: guns are a REALLY GOOD tool for loving someone up in my games, and someone having a gun on you really does have you at a huge disadvantage, particularly at close range.

They manage to get her talking, mostly by telling her the truth about what's going on. She claims to have no knowledge of the thefts - and to be the person that was originally shipping those items. She offers to double whatever the Salieri family is paying them to have them tell her first, and points out that she could just gun them down and claim self-defense if they refuse. They agree - and a good thing, too, because behind them, the Hulk is getting back up, covered in blood but apparently unhurt. She suggests that they look into a small-time outfit led by a man everyone calls "No-Nose".

They start looking into No-Nose's outfit, but things go badly for them right from the get-go. They accidentally tip off No-Nose, who tries to rabbit, then get into a firefight out in the street. Only pulling some strings and cashing in a few old favors with the cops gets them back on the street, and No-Nose has gone to ground. Then when they head off to find No-Nose, they end up in another encounter with a few of the Black-Eyed Men. They deal with the threat, and then get a tantalizing lead - there's a guy who can get you out of town if things are getting too hot - for a price. No-Nose probably ran to that guy, they figure, so they head over there. Sure enough, No-Nose is there - but he's defiant, claiming that they can't touch him. As they watch, No-Nose bends over, vomitting some sort of black ichor, and his nose starts to grow back in front of their eyes - and his eyes turn a deep, jet black. He's about to start fighting them, when his head turns, as if hearing a voice that they can't, and he instead just opens the door for them, telling them that the boss wants to see them.

They go in, and who should the 'boss' of the Black-Eyed Men be, but Eddie himself! He claims that he's glad to see them, and that he staged the first attack on himself to convince them that he was telling the truth - which, at that point, he was. They question him about the thefts, and he admits that it was him, trying to get 'a few things he needs'. When they try to threaten to reveal his whereabouts to them, he just smiles, and suggests that by the time they get back to whoever they were going to tell on him to, he'll be long gone. He offers to cut them in on his racket, and when that fails, tries to threaten them with further police interest - but they point out that he's not in much of a position to bargain, and decide that if they deal with the problem directly, their patrons will be that much more grateful. So they attack him.

At first, it goes well - they get a few good hits in on him, and it looks like he's going down. Then he's wreathed in bizarre green flame, in which serpents seem to writhe and wriggle. He spits green flame at them, and his body is covered in a strange form of green, corroded brass that deflects all their blows - and bullets, as now they're pulling out the guns. His attacks are swift and punishing, but they're triumphing - barely - when he cries out that not even they can stop a Prince of the Green Sun. He tears a hole in space, into a hellish city of the same green brass as protects him, where hideous creatures cry and howl, and they decide to exercise the better part of valor as he leaps into the hole. The portal collapses, and they flee. They report their findings to the woman and the Salieri, omitting the hellish portal bit - don't want to seem TOO weird to future clients.

End Season 2.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
A couple of thoughts that rise in contemplation of the hypothetical Glorious Human Uprising. We know that the first breed of Fera to suffer mankind's anger when mankind rose against their opressors was the Apis, who are vulnerable to gold. One of the more interesting artifacts they found with Tutankhamun was a golden knife, a symbol of his rule - so perhaps the proto-Egyptian peoples specifically remembered those first fretful struggles to free themselves from the yoke of the bull-gods who strode among them. We might also trace a tentative link back to the Golden Calf, a half-remembered association of the bull and gold by the Hebraic people, the meaning behind the half-remembered oral legend link lost to time.

If we want a setting without mages, where only the Fera can do magic, then it might also explain the motif of magic swords and spears in human cultures. They weren't magic , they were far older than we remember, but Excalibur was real - an ugly, crude thing of copper and silver hammered together that nonetheless killed Garou as if by magic. Gramr might be the memory of the silver sword that killed the Mokole plaguing a particular Germanic tribe. If we want to include the Fae, Excalibur (in its later revisions) then becomes a distant memory of the Lady Fiona handing the first silver sword to a human.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My Sabbat game ended with two of my pack mates dead while I and the survivor had to escort an infernalist vampire to Tartarus, where my character chose to remain to study its library since he's first and foremost a scholar, with the intention of finding his way back to arm the Sabbat with all the knowledge possible regarding the Antedeluvians and vampiric nature, while the other character ended up getting imbedded in the politics of the City of Dis. My guy, of course, wound up staying in Tartarus forever. Still, not at all a bad ending, I'd think.

Now we're going to be playing an oMage game and I'm pretty excited, never played any other Old World of Darkness game and only ever played one nWoD Mage game. My Mage is a recently Awakened elderly Zoroastrian priest with absolutely no combat ability and one dot of Stamina, but indomitable optimism and a great love for seeing justice done and a desire to improve the lot of all men. Celestial Chorus.

e: he also carves little wood figures of animals

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 28, 2016

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
A real rough figure for LA, assuming all lines exist, comes out to around 400 supernatural creatures at its height - likely to be higher than that in real terms once I process all the entries. For a population ratio, that's 1:9,500. Turns out LA has a shitton of monsters. If we use the county figure though that drops to 1:30,000. Still pretty high, but not as dramatic.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

1 in 9,500 people is a pretty large demographic. 0.1% of the population is supernatural, and most supernaturals like to congregrate. There are probably entire neighborhoods without a human in them, which means there's probably city-level elections that are decided on issues that matter only to the supernatural community.

Councilman Chambers, do you support or oppose blood tariffs?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The only demographic weirdness I remember is from rage across Australia where not only were there not enough Garou to cover all the Caerns, the Black Furies had like ten people across Australia, five of which were in a hyper feminist pack castrating most of Melbourne, two were in jindabyne, leaving three to cover their five Caerns somehow.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
0.01%, rather than .1%. Still sizeable, but not quite as dramatic. As for Rage Across Australia, the numbers it reports are 25 Furies, 40 Gnawers, 20 Children, 35 Fianna, 20+ Get, 40 Walkers, 45 Red Talons, 20 Shadow Lords, 15 Striders, 35 Fangs, and 20 Uktena, split between 23+ Septs and caerns, so that should actually lead to 13 or so per sept if they were to be evenly distributed - which they aren't, so there's probably still Hella Irregularities. The detailed number is much lower, of course. There's also 5 Hives, split between 40 Dancers.

Loomer fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 29, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Most of the people who are detailed in RAA aren't anywhere near the Caerns and most of them also have attached tribal packs that aren't detailed but still subtract from the numbers.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I'm looking forward to cleaning the Wraith numbers. They are very high. Like, well into the millions of purely canonical, non-extrapolated high.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Loomer posted:

I'm looking forward to cleaning the Wraith numbers. They are very high. Like, well into the millions of purely canonical, non-extrapolated high.
Makes sense, given that it's drawing from a sample size of "everybody who ever died"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I need some advice on how to play/grow a Mummy.

I’m in a oWoD Wraith LARP. My Wraith fell to Oblivion last game, and I was going to roll up another Wraith when another asked me if I wouldn’t mind making a non-Wraith character. At the Storyteller's request, she was about to roll a Giovanni was about to start messing with the Wraiths on an antagonist and she wanted to have someone “on the live side” to back the Wraiths up and give her Giovanni a potential nemesis to role-play against. I’ve been LARP’ing with this player for about four years now and she’s the kind of player who I feel comfortable actively plotting and fighting against, PC to PC.

My options were a Demon or a Mummy. The Demon rules and concept just didn’t click with me, so I statted up a Mummy. However, I’ve never played a Mummy before. I’ve read Mummy: The Resurrection and its Player’s Guide as well as Laws of the Resurrection and believe I rolled a solid starting character, but I could really use some advice/input with regards to HOW to play them and HOW I could grow my character to work with Wraiths and handle Vampires.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Makes sense, given that it's drawing from a sample size of "everybody who ever died"

Yeah. Once I can wrap up and clean, I'll have canonical figures for how many wraiths per region for a lot of places, how many deaths produce wraiths, and then extrapolated destruction rates (and creation rates), I should be able to figure out the 'real' population as well with more accuracy than for the other lines. It might be very high in some areas - Atlanta has between 1:2000 to 1:450 Wraith to Mortal ratios, though they have rather less impact on the world than the corporeal critters do. The final figures I expect to be very high ratios, as just Demon, Changeling and Hunter give us 1:3,850 for America without any of the fancy demographic extrapolations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Is this counting the wraiths that get Soulforged into inanimate objects?

E: Also, where did you come down on Rasputin, which demographic is he part of, since I recall he is three different mutually exclusive things.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
No, I skip those out of necessity, though it'd make for a very large count indeed if I didn't. As for Rasputin, he's just listed for each individual splat that claims him, with a footnote about the reason why.

EDIT:
There are, as it turns out, something on the order of 4000 wraith entries, of which relatively few are duplicates and a number are large groups of 200+ (at that point I note them as a population rather than painstakingly creating 19,781 'Unnamed Spectre Prisoner of the Pardoner's #X's', and add the bulk number to the relevant calculations, though for Vampire I still will with the same numbers (except Kuei-jin's 'there are 10,000 of them').), but a quick check of those population entries brings the total minimum count to somewhere in the range of 4.5 million unique wraiths.

Loomer fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 30, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

On that note: do you count Jesus as a Child of Gaia?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Jesus was a Lasombra, don't be absurd. He's torpid under Ephesus, and he was also a Sorcerer in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Could've sworn the CoGs claim Jesus as a member.

He could be an Abomination.