Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Just got through the Aether Foundation, second time, and am currently starting on the last island of Alola. Man, Guzma does not gently caress around in his rematch on the Aether Foundation base: he was so close to utterly annihilating my team of Pokémon that were almost all 10 or more levels above his (and actually did kill my two primary Bug Pokémon wreckers) purely thanks to his Golisopod and I eventually just went with my already EV-trained Zygarde-50% purely because it was the only thing actually tanking the hits of the drat thing. It was kind of a wake-up compared to Aether Foundation grunts and Faba and the Team Skull Grunts accompanying him. Compared to that, Lusamine was actually a bit easier to deal with despite having a team of five, very strong Pokémon of different types and roles and a couple levels higher than Guzma's. Can't shake the feeling that I'm going to be dealing with a harder Lusamine down the line, especially since she and Guzma kind of skedaddled and it's obvious that I have not seen the last of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I don't have a Barboach, Sableye, Sandshrew, Shellder, Staryu, Vanillish, or oddly enough, Weedle. If you can trade one of those, I would appreciate it, otherwise, anything is fine!

I can explain the last one: Weedle isn't in the Aloladex.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Note Block posted:

LOL "Star Jones" the Staryu

Thank you Chill Penguin! Ennakointi means "anticipation" in Finnish, Anticipation being the HA for Eevee.

Thanks! It will become a powerful Espeon... speaking of which: day/night evolutions go off the in-game condition, right? So, since I'm playing Moon, it's currently nighttime, in which case Eevee would become Umbreon, right?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

I can explain the last one: Weedle isn't in the Aloladex.

Oh! Makes sense. I knew about the Ekans and Pidgy but just assumed I'd missed nabbing a Weedle.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Blaziken386 posted:

The only items that are stupid are the ones that instakill (stupid grabby alien one) or ones that give you an additional score point for doing nothing (the flag)
everything else is great and I will not hear them being slandered

they're all great. it's just more fun without them

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Chill Penguin posted:

Thanks! It will become a powerful Espeon... speaking of which: day/night evolutions go off the in-game condition, right? So, since I'm playing Moon, it's currently nighttime, in which case Eevee would become Umbreon, right?

Correct.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

can't wait for Ash to learn that Dartrix is the :smuggo: pokemon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Chill Penguin posted:

I think I'm trading with you right now? Anyway I don't have any trade evos so i can send back this Alakazam for ya

e: VV Note Block I'll link with you after I finish with Dizz

I hope there arent other Dizz players out there, because I wasn't online at the time.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hey yall if you're playing vgc, well:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/25523-illegal-egg-moves-before-pokebank-allowed-on-battlespot/

granted the season is gonna be short, two months, but if you're planning on going to tournaments in person better not chance it if you want to avoid judges getting on your case

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You guys weren't kidding when you said that Castform will get you some UBs. Got myself a slick Italian Buzzwole and a certified Japanese Kartana. Now Solgaleo is the only Sun exclusive left :toot:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It'll be Charmeleon all over again.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 29, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dizz posted:

I hope there arent other Dizz players out there, because I wasn't online at the time.

Huh. Well thanks to whoever traded me a female Castform

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Where's the Macho Brace? I can't find it in any of the facilities.

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
Are there any in-game consequences for changing the 3DS's clock? I noticed mine is still in Daylight Savings time and want to correct it but since the game uses the clock I'm not sure what it'll do if it thinks I'm trying to cheat.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So do multi battles still exist in Battle Tree? Or is that format toast

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nemo07 posted:

Are there any in-game consequences for changing the 3DS's clock? I noticed mine is still in Daylight Savings time and want to correct it but since the game uses the clock I'm not sure what it'll do if it thinks I'm trying to cheat.
You're locked out of daily stuff for a day, or at least the Festival Plaza lotteries and game tickets wait for the midnight after 24 hours have passed to reset. That's all I noticed when I fixed my own DST.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

So do multi battles still exist in Battle Tree? Or is that format toast

They do, but by default you only start with a generic NPC breeder partner outside of the local multiplayer aspect. You gain other NPC options by paying 10BP to "scout" the named characters as they show up during singles and doubles.

I should add that the starting partner is basically hard mode. Her team is Barbaracle and Hawlucha and sometimes they won't even get a move off before getting dumpstered. All battles will become 2v1 against you or worse.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I can't wait for 8-10 episodes of slapstick that sparks off when something slightly messes up his "hair" leaves.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

hey yall if you're playing vgc, well:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/25523-illegal-egg-moves-before-pokebank-allowed-on-battlespot/

granted the season is gonna be short, two months, but if you're planning on going to tournaments in person better not chance it if you want to avoid judges getting on your case

good catch, luckily (for everyone I guess?) none of these are moves I've seen in 100 matches yet on BS except for Salazzle

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I am the champion! :toot:

who do you think Lillie is going to choose as her starter over in Kanto?

I think I'm going to bench everyone but Stilts the Decidueye and Peek the Mimikyu for the postgame. Not sure who else to use yet, though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

good catch, luckily (for everyone I guess?) none of these are moves I've seen in 100 matches yet on BS except for Salazzle

fake out salazzle, knock off weavile, uhhhhh

bug bite scizor? i mean there's a lot of useful poo poo in there, but my advice is just Don't Do It

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nihilarian posted:

She looks like a smart girl. I think she'll go with Squirtle.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Alright I'm 5 hours into pickup grinding with no Destiny Knots to show for it. Does anyone have one spare? I've gotten so many good breeding rejects I can start from and I need that Knot.

FC 0989 2944 5596

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm looking for a galvanize geodude and overcoat jangmo-o.

Can offer rowlets, littens, marnies, snow warning vulpix, or beastball feebass?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh man, I forgot that Bill merged with a pokemon once. I'm thinking Pokemon fusion might be closer than I imagined. That game where it was pokemon mixed up with something else was really cool and they had pokeperson fusions.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Nihilarian posted:

I am the champion! :toot:

I think I'm going to bench everyone but Stilts the Decidueye and Peek the Mimikyu for the postgame. Not sure who else to use yet, though.

She'll stumble across a Mew, then Mewtwo, then a literal mountain of Mewtwonite, in that order. She'll travel with them and not choose any of them as a starter.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Blocking Guzma's Golisopod's First Impression with Tsareena's Queenly Majesty and finishing it off with a Trop Kick is probably one of the cooler things I've done in an ingame pokemon battle.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I got a good Rowlet factory going on now from brother and sister Rowlets Noctowl and Nocturne. Should be useful in gts, though I don't have any idea of their IVs or natures.

Turlet, Mr Everybird, Pidgey, Rare Candy, Bill Trinen, Fils-Aime, Mr. Plinkett, MustLuvDiscs, Egg Hatchem, and Infowars, prepare to infest the world.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Comfey has been my MVP in-game, most recently against Guzma's +4 Ariados and I feel like she's real underappreciated.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Decus posted:

They do, but by default you only start with a generic NPC breeder partner outside of the local multiplayer aspect. You gain other NPC options by paying 10BP to "scout" the named characters as they show up during singles and doubles.

I should add that the starting partner is basically hard mode. Her team is Barbaracle and Hawlucha and sometimes they won't even get a move off before getting dumpstered. All battles will become 2v1 against you or worse.

I've been running with a Ninetales with backup Toxapex and the starting partner has worked phenomenally. Once aurora veil is up, the only thing Barbaracle really has to worry about is grass attacks and it can shell smash to its hearts content. The hawlucha soloed 3/4 pokemon when i hit Cynthia and Wally after i got caught in her garchomps earthquakes (Which also wrecked wallys magnezone and gallade lmao)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm looking for a Popplio and a Litten to help complete my dex. can offer Type: Null eggs and Rowlets, I have nothing really interesting yet

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Carlosologist posted:

I'm looking for a Popplio and a Litten to help complete my dex. can offer Type: Null eggs and Rowlets, I have nothing really interesting yet

I thought Type: Null couldn't breed?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zore posted:

I thought Type: Null couldn't breed?

I just looked this up, and it can't. I guess that makes sense but that's really dumb! my dream of having my own Silvally growing alongside my team is broken

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

are people seriously still getting legendaries for castforms? I bred up a big pile to round out the annoying corners of the pokedex (fishing, mostly) and it looked like castforms were super saturated looking for UBs and cover legendaries

Guess I'll throw one up for a moon UB when I get home from work and hope for the best then.

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

tyblazitar posted:

If you're still around, I'm interested in this one! I can offer Beast Ball Beldum, Bagon, Mareanie, Goomy, Minior, Geodude or Trapinch. Not much in terms of actual well-breeded mons, but I have Close Combat Mudbrays or HA Paras if you want too.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb
Would the Geodude be have Galvanize by any chance? If not, the Goomy would be pretty dang cute.

2380-3485-3206
Gwyn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

if you found out some way to make type null eggs ill gladly take some. i have poplio, rowlet, litten, totodile, cikorita, and cyndaquil

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I hatched a Vulpix with 5 max IVs and pretty good attack. It didn't inherit the hidden ability :negative:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Once my pokemon are at max hearts how often do I need to pet them to maintain that? Also, I still need help filling my team

Primarina
Charjabug
Lycanroc
Smeargle (Just so he can be really high level when I go for the living dex)

So, two slots open. I'm thinking maybe Sandygast and whatever he evolves into because he's rad as hell.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Once my pokemon are at max hearts how often do I need to pet them to maintain that? Also, I still need help filling my team

Primarina
Charjabug
Lycanroc
Smeargle (Just so he can be really high level when I go for the living dex)

So, two slots open. I'm thinking maybe Sandygast and whatever he evolves into because he's rad as hell.

Once they're maxed you never need to pet them again to maintain.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

I can give you both! I'd love a Type: Null egg! Will you be around at like 6 EST?

FC: 2723-9256-0832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Zore posted:

Once they're maxed you never need to pet them again to maintain.

The best news I've ever gotten in my life.